Forums > General Industry > Big Butt Backlash?

Photographer

Indochine

Los Angeles, California, US

I couldn't resist the chance for some alliteration.

With all the posts here about this topic, I thought I'd pose a question to all you backside experts, models and photographers alike. It seems to me that the current fascination with big butts has just about plateaued. Where else can it go from here? The market is already inundated with zaftig models showing off their derrières, and my guess is that most of them are barely breaking even. (The market can only sustain so many Buffies and Melyssa Fords at one time.) The envelope has been pushed just about as far as it can without becoming downright obscene (what's beyond the thong except the crack of someone's ass).

So the question is, given that historically speaking a loosening on sexual mores in our society rarely reverses itself (e.g., once the hem of the skirt goes up, it rarely comes back down), what's to become of this obsession with backsides? Will it:

A) Plateau sometime in the very near future with the current state of affairs being the status quo for the next five years or so?

B) Will it get worse, with ever more risque websites featuring booty models popping up on the internet and even more successful Buffie the Bodies to come? or

C) Will it actually reverse and return to where it was in the late nineties, when a big booty in a thong was still fairly uncommon to behold in a nationwide magazine or even on the internet.

BB prognosticators, weigh in...

Apr 10 06 04:33 am Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

As an ass model..let me say...

All praises to the booty.  It has been around for years and it ain't goin' back under a hoop skirt anytime soon.

Apr 10 06 04:39 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

i am kinda glad that asses of all sizes is being recognized..being a women who was very self concious about my ass-et, I thought myself as disgusting and revolting because soo many people wanted the lil cutie booty, but Since big butts and cruvacious bodies are now being praised I feel more comfortable with exposing myself and also seeing that a lot of men, white, spanish, black what have you not, are now opening up to liking big booties, you still have the few that prefer the lil cutie booties, but that aint cushing for the pushin smile...

I just hope a lot of females dont all run out to become the buffies, or the ki toys, like i say everything aint for everyone :smile..

All praise to curvacious bodies, and bigg booties smile..BIg not unaturally HUGE smile

Apr 10 06 08:10 am Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Wait until the dolls come out.

Apr 10 06 08:31 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

VRG Photography wrote:
Wait until the dolls come out.

They already have dolls...
I seen them.....i forgot what they were called...lemme research

http://www.bootybabeart.com/

Apr 10 06 08:39 am Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Wow.

Now, if they only put a nice, round ass on the black Barbies. LOL

Apr 10 06 08:46 am Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sir Mix-A_lot was really hilarious..But on a serious not I think that it is all in the presentation, as long as we have some class I dont see the problem..will the trend end or get out of control-hard to tell without some reasearch but a woman that hold her head up and dont take no crap will always in my book be in demand

BTW: Cristina and Aye are fantastic

Long live the BUTT

Apr 10 06 08:46 am Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

My personal preference is to see a woman of proportion...if she's a skinny minny with big boobies it's not attractive, likewise, if she's a large girl with a flat ass, it's not attractive.
I like the balanced look, whether it's on a buckohfive chick, or a whole heapin helpin o'woman chick...balance.

Apr 10 06 08:47 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

VRG Photography wrote:
Wow.

Now, if they only put a nice, round ass on the black Barbies. LOL

i wanna buy one that looks like me smile..i think they are cute smile

Apr 10 06 08:48 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

shimmer wrote:
My personal preference is to see a woman of proportion...if she's a skinny minny with big boobies it's not attractive, likewise, if she's a large girl with a flat ass, it's not attractive.
I like the balanced look, whether it's on a buckohfive chick, or a whole heapin helpin o'woman chick...balance.

Can we be secret lovers...lol...kidding...i love what you said and feel you all the way smile

Apr 10 06 08:50 am Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

I've never understood the women who are sooooooo tiny and get big ole boobs. I'd totally get a nboob job, but I'd get one in proportion to my frame (off subject there)

Have any of y'all ever seen JLo in person? Like out in the day to day?

Apr 10 06 08:52 am Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

CristinaLex wrote:

i wanna buy one that looks like me smile..i think they are cute smile

Yeah, but that one on the front page had aereolas and nipples plastered all over my screen. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. wink

One that looks like you, huh? I'll hold that thought until I get back here this afternoon (my job doesn't seem to like this site). lol

Apr 10 06 08:54 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

VRG Photography wrote:

Yeah, but that one on the front page had aereolas and nipples plastered all over my screen. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. wink

One that looks like you, huh? I'll hold that thought until I get back here this afternoon (my job doesn't seem to like this site). lol

Yea i kinda had to quickly close it too

SHimmer: naw U hadnt seen J.lo in person...her boobies aint that big ...they are perfectly sized..and she lost her booty since selena...she was my Bitch in that movie...sexy body...dont get me wrong she looks hella good now...but she lacks in the booty section

Apr 10 06 08:57 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

HOW THE HELL....i keep double posting?

Apr 10 06 08:57 am Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

CristinaLex wrote:
i am kinda glad that asses of all sizes is being recognized..being a women who was very self concious about my ass-et, I thought myself as disgusting and revolting because soo many people wanted the lil cutie booty, but Since big butts and cruvacious bodies are now being praised I feel more comfortable with exposing myself and also seeing that a lot of men, white, spanish, black what have you not, are now opening up to liking big booties, you still have the few that prefer the lil cutie booties, but that aint cushing for the pushin smile...

I just hope a lot of females dont all run out to become the buffies, or the ki toys, like i say everything aint for everyone :smile..

All praise to curvacious bodies, and bigg booties smile..BIg not unaturally HUGE smile

well ummmm..I dont see how YOU could have ever thought your azz disgusting...a brother would (and probably does) worship...........

Apr 10 06 08:58 am Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

CristinaLex wrote:

Yea i kinda had to quickly close it too

SHimmer: naw U hadnt seen J.lo in person...her boobies aint that big ...they are perfectly sized..and she lost her booty since selena...she was my Bitch in that movie...sexy body...dont get me wrong she looks hella good now...but she lacks in the booty section

She's not got much by way of boobs, but yeah, her butt is (for the rest of her body) HUGE irl. I really mean it's big, and it's *almost* at the unbalanced proportion...

Apr 10 06 09:00 am Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

CristinaLex wrote:

One post for the left cheek, the other for the right cheek. wink

Model

CristinaLex

images by elahi wrote:

well ummmm..I dont see how YOU could have ever thought your azz disgusting...a brother would (and probably does) worship...........

i mean when you hang around women who are skinny or have those lil booties you kinda start to feel inferior to them and start to think that YOUR not normal because of your size...like a friend that i have ..i dont hang around her too much like that any more because she says nothing is wrong with my body, but when she sees a girl with a booty like mine, shes like ewww look at her ass...and its soo big it looks gross...and im like HELLO...I have a big booty too...i mean I got over it, but before when I was trying to get over myself....it hurt really bad to feel different from everyone who is small or averaged sized

Model

CristinaLex

shimmer wrote:

She's not got much by way of boobs, but yeah, her butt is (for the rest of her body) HUGE irl. I really mean it's big, and it's *almost* at the unbalanced proportion...

wow because they say that umm.. t.v adds ten pounds but....it dont look it on t.v ...i still love her though...i would like t meet her in person...and smack dat ass...ill probrably get arrested....but hey she can smack mine...

Apr 10 06 09:02 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

VRG Photography wrote:

One post for the left cheek, the other for the right cheek. wink

lmao

Apr 10 06 09:02 am Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Based on what I see in your pics, your ass is far from disgusting.

NOW, I can find some disgusting ones and post them, if you'd like. LOL

Apr 10 06 09:03 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

VRG Photography wrote:
Based on what I see in your pics, your ass is far from disgusting.

NOW, I can find some disgusting ones and post them, if you'd like. LOL

YEA pics...i wanna see...but i mean I have been working out to tighten up and I am proud of myself because the dimples and stuff I had on my body in the booty area are disappearing...but you know what I do have to say that I really do appreciate African American men or men of ethnicity because...no matter how big a booty is and how many stretch marks a women has from her ass and dimples she has...That man will still love you for your body and doesnt see any flaws, all they see is that big round ass....SO THANK YOU TO THE FEW GUYS OUT THERE WHO LOVES BIG BOOTIES NO MATTER WHAT smile>>>show the pics

Apr 10 06 09:05 am Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

CristinaLex wrote:

wow because they say that umm.. t.v adds ten pounds but....it dont look it on t.v ...i still love her though...i would like t meet her in person...and smack dat ass...ill probrably get arrested....but hey she can smack mine...

No, in person, it's really not as great as it's made to look otherwise. hmm

Apr 10 06 09:07 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

shimmer wrote:

No, in person, it's really not as great as it's made to look otherwise. hmm

lol....its like wide but flat lol

Apr 10 06 09:15 am Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

CristinaLex wrote:

lol....its like wide but flat lol

RIGHT...from the front...a very sensual swelling of hips and it's like..okay...yeah...
but then...
from the back view ...
it's like.....there's no ROUNDNESS to it.

Not really appealing at all to be honest. hmm

Apr 10 06 09:23 am Link

Model

Manda Marie

Denver, Colorado, US

Hey there everyone...
My name is Amanda and i have an ASS!!! Having that said...it is important for everyone to know that i have done everything to keep this THING in control. When it's in the genes...there's not much you can do.
I'll admit it seems like every photographer that i meet wants some shots of my back side....it gets annoying. I already have plenty of them in my port as you can see smile
But the facination with the behind is deffinitly not going anywhere.

Work your ass.. don't let it work you smile

Apr 10 06 09:29 am Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

One Name.

Keyra Augustina.

Apr 10 06 09:37 am Link

Photographer

legworkPhotography

Detroit, Alabama, US

2) Will it get worse, with ever more risque websites featuring booty models popping up on the internet and even more successful Buffie the Bodies to come? More magazines  are pushing for implied and backshots, I'm proud to say the flood gates have been opened weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) Will it actually reverse and return to where it was in the late nineties, when a big booty in a thong was still fairly uncommon to behold in a nationwide magazine or even on the internet. With MsNewbooty.com I highly doubt it big_smile

Apr 10 06 09:46 am Link

Model

CAPRI

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, US

sir mix a lot rapped about BIG BUTTS in the early 90's. It is something that men (primarily black men) Love and Adore and that isnt going anywhere. The love for a nice ass is just as common as the love for a nice "rack" or nice legs.

Apr 10 06 09:47 am Link

Model

CAPRI

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, US

Isys Entertainment wrote:
Sir Mix-A_lot was really hilarious..But on a serious not I think that it is all in the presentation, as long as we have some class I dont see the problem..will the trend end or get out of control-hard to tell without some reasearch but a woman that hold her head up and dont take no crap will always in my book be in demand

BTW: Cristina and Aye are fantastic

Long live the BUTT

haha i wrote my post before i read any others. same wavelength smile

Apr 10 06 09:49 am Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Capri Cherry wrote:
sir mix a lot rapped about BIG BUTTS in the early 90's. It is something that men (primarily black men) Love and Adore and that isnt going anywhere. The love for a nice ass is just as common as the love for a nice "rack" or nice legs.

But big doesn't necessarily mean nice does it? o.0

Apr 10 06 09:51 am Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Capri Cherry wrote:

i love and appreciate the power of the African bootay my self and I write about its mysticism, beauty and power in various genres...however...when does the admiration/adoration become exploitation?

what makes one photo of a bootay an artistic exercise and another raunchy? then again, shit aint nothin' wrong with raunchy

artistic...gentle rub and squeeeze

raunchy....grab and SPANK

lol

Apr 10 06 09:51 am Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Capri Cherry wrote:

haha i wrote my post before i read any others. same wavelength smile

Yes too funny...thats crazy..lol Mix A Lot came to my head as well

Apr 10 06 09:52 am Link

Photographer

legworkPhotography

Detroit, Alabama, US

CristinaLex wrote:

Thank You ChristinaLex for taking photographs in whatever, you really have that IT Factor & I must work with you b4 your set a new standard out here big_smile   I know Buffie, Amber Burnside and a few more blessed natural talents & the fact that these women are finally recognized for there ass-ets with looming appearance fees & site signup is sign that the curvy model is here to stay.  From a marketing standpoint it's beautiful, when u got Vida Guerra doing Burger King Commercials & Wendy's sponsoring a site with 18+ content posted all over it you know things will never be the same. big_smile

Apr 10 06 09:54 am Link

Photographer

legworkPhotography

Detroit, Alabama, US

Hi Capri Cherry (She is Ms. Jan in our National Calendar) The fact of the matter is Black Men as always preferered the (Azz)drum and our Caucasian brotha's prefer the rack so once we finally get Buffie or Christina Lex on the Cover of Maxim or SI & a White Model on the The Cover of Black Men's or King Magz we can finally kill this prejudice of tits over azz once and for all and unite.   All my White Girls submit more to the urban magz & my black girls shoot your pics off to FHM, because I like my big asses diverse big_smile

Apr 10 06 10:02 am Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Okay Okay I am going to share something of historical value and cultural significance but I must do this...many of you probably already know this info and some dont.....it is offered within the context of the topic of discussion and, as always, I look at things from a historical and cultural perspective........Please respect and honor the information

The Hottentot Venus

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/baker4.html

she is the prototype for the creation of what used to be called the "hoop skirt" (I believe) that white women used to make it look like they had big azzes...

i dont know if you know that afric has always served (and still does) as a primary influence on world fashion

Apr 10 06 10:11 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

LegworkPhotography wrote:

Thank You ChristinaLex for taking photographs in whatever, you really have that IT Factor & I must work with you b4 your set a new standard out here big_smile   I know Buffie, Amber Burnside and a few more blessed natural talents & the fact that these women are finally recognized for there ass-ets with looming appearance fees & site signup is sign that the curvy model is here to stay.  From a marketing standpoint it's beautiful, when u got Vida Guerra doing Burger King Commercials & Wendy's sponsoring a site with 18+ content posted all over it you know things will never be the same. big_smile

oh well work together...i gott get my mmoney up Son....lol:)

Apr 10 06 10:11 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Well... I always hear that "big butt" argument, but nonetheless, different folks interpret differently what "big butt" really means.

If we are speaking about "applebottoms" and "thick girls", this following site may give everybody a nice little education on what qualifies really as an applebottom and what is and what is not "thick" (link repost!) Warning: Contains adult oriented material! http://www.assmatrix.com

It even gives you tricks on how to satisfy a "big" women. wink

But, for me, simple Euro male (who loves black women, besides all other ethnicities!) the following is pretty much as sexy and fleshy as it comes... big_smile
"Sizes" can be a tad "bigger" or a smaller than that, but the shape is important.

Scientists found a correlation between the shape of the butt cheeks and cleavage for visual attraction btw.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/TattoedExecutiv/Super%20Butt/Image11.jpg

Apr 10 06 10:13 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Manda Marie wrote:
Hey there everyone...
My name is Amanda and i have an ASS!!! Having that said...it is important for everyone to know that i have done everything to keep this THING in control. When it's in the genes...there's not much you can do.
I'll admit it seems like every photographer that i meet wants some shots of my back side....it gets annoying. I already have plenty of them in my port as you can see smile
But the facination with the behind is deffinitly not going anywhere.

Work your ass.. don't let it work you smile

ohh another white girl with a round bottom.
It's not about the size it is about the round ness.

Apr 10 06 10:21 am Link

Model

CristinaLex

images by elahi wrote:
Okay Okay I am going to share something of historical value and cultural significance but I must do this...many of you probably already know this info and some dont.....it is offered within the context of the topic of discussion and, as always, I look at things from a historical and cultural perspective........Please respect and honor the information

The Hottentot Venus

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/baker4.html

she is the prototype for the creation of what used to be called the "hoop skirt" (I believe) that white women used to make it look like they had big azzes...

i dont know if you know that afric has always served (and still does) as a primary influence on world fashion

My boyfriend shows me about hottentot...he was al il upset by that because he was telling me to be proud of my body because they took this women with a thick body out of her land took her to the americans to be humilated and poked fun at..i saw this and got angry, thats why I have no shame in showing what I got...because the normal European body is not not normal in my eyes...i dont hate./...all women have good bodies but...dont push that skinny shyt on me

Apr 10 06 10:22 am Link