Forums > General Industry > My rant..When models don't reply..

Photographer

Frank Tammen

Sacramento, California, US

...guess I'm lucky; every model I've contacted has replied.

Jul 09 06 11:56 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

adm2 wrote:
Obligated?..no, but is it unsolicited email since they have put their portfolios up online and are looking for work?

It depends on the type of work. I clearly state in my bio that I primarily want to do art and fashion shoots and am not interested in glamour, so when a photographer whose entire portfolio is full of badly-lit wronkled-bedsheet glamour shots contacts me, I don't feel particularly inclined to reply. Why? Because if they couldn't be bothered to actually read my bio, why should I bother responding?

DebbieAtSea wrote:
What annoys me is when there is an EXCHANGE of emails, and then they drop you unexpectedly. I mean, come on, if there has been contact made, initial interest expressed, then I -DO- expect the courtesy of a "thanks no thanks" response to finish it off.

Same here - I don't really mind no reply to an initial message, because yeah, I just figure that they're not interested. If I even remember sending them a message to begin with, that is... But when I spend a few days talking to someone and then they suddenly stop responding, it's hard to not think, what the hell? Then again, I tend to get busy and distracted myself, so it's probably the same thing... I suspect a lot of what people consider to be laziness or rudeness on people's parts really is just being distracted, personally.

Jul 10 06 12:45 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Frank Tammen wrote:
...guess I'm lucky; every model I've contacted has replied.

wow.  I should have you send my referrals!

Jul 10 06 12:53 am Link