Forums > General Industry > are you u worthy of the $ . . . . .

Photographer

picturemephotography

Muncie, Indiana, US

u charge for your services.  if you are a photographer or a model who charges or thinking of charging for services rendered, lets put it to a test.

there has been a lot of talk about weather or not services should be charged in the forum, lets take it to a new level.

as you join this thread, review the profile of the photographer or model before you and state weather or not you would pay for their services and why you would or would not.  play nice no beat downs.

Mar 06 06 04:13 pm Link

Model

Tera Martinez

San Antonio, Texas, US

I would be willing to pay a little, if I had the money. The photographer has a good eye, just needs some practice.

Mar 06 06 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

If Tera had any interest in working with me at all, I would pay her, yes.  My work isn't something that all models would care to be part of, however.

-Don

Mar 06 06 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

Amanda Schlicher

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
If Tera had any interest in working with me at all, I would pay her, yes.  My work isn't something that all models would care to be part of, however.

-Don

I don't have a ton of spare money hanging around, but if my boyfriend wasn't so damn camera shy I'd totally pay Don for some sexy, tasteful, high quality work smile

Mar 06 06 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Well, thankfully for Don I'd never hire him to photograph me... and the reast of you can breath easy as well. Having said that, I think Don is well worth his fees. His work has passion, and I like his use of light in many of them. I would expect if a person were to be photographed by him the results would be what you'd expect, and there'd also be some nice surprises in there as well. I also think he has the ability to push the subject enough to get a result they would both be very happy with.

So, yeah. I guess my post was rather easy.

-P-

Mar 06 06 04:23 pm Link

Model

InDecisivE

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I would pay some -
The work is very different from anything I have in my portfolio already - it would be of use to me - and *your* a good artist! smile

I like the work - and would find it beneficial to my port - so yes, some contribution I would give! - It is also a type of 'art' or 'look' most photographers, well from what i've been offered previously - wouldn't offer me.

PS-This is a neat thread, am I allowed to post more than once! smile

I would also like to say this is mostly hypathetically speaking! To build my portfolio - I wouldn't pay for work - after I have established myself and have something to offer and go on, and an income to play around with I would be more willing to pay photographers whose work I enjoyed - and wanted to be a part of.

Mar 06 06 04:35 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

I think Pat’s work is quite interesting.  I like a lot of the models he chooses to work with (tattooed girls rule), so I like the resulting images.  I probably wouldn’t pay him to shoot me, because I don’t fit his style, and I look for photographers whose current book looks like something I’d fit into, or something that suits my vibe.  I’m entirely too relentlessly girl next door for Pat to be inspired by, so I wouldn’t think it would be a good match.  I can, however, see a hot alternative girl paying him.

Mar 06 06 04:40 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Doh!  Double up for Pat.

Mar 06 06 04:41 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I'd pay Shyly. She makes me swoon.

Mar 06 06 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

picturemephotography

Muncie, Indiana, US

indesisive

if i was n need of a couple of hot artistic nudes with a look not in my port, yes i would break you off a little change. yes i would pay.

Mar 06 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Morgan

Fort Worth, Texas, US

I would pay Envy. She has that certain look that would work well with the pin up photos I do.

Photographer

picturemephotography

Muncie, Indiana, US

indesisive

if i was n need of a couple of hot artistic nudes with a look not in my port, yes i would break you off a little change. yes i would pay.

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Shyly is unique.  I won't pay her today, but when I am ready I'll have to, because there aren't any other models like her.

-Don

Mar 06 06 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

No, but I have the drive and passion... and the will to learn.

Mar 06 06 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

Studio EVO

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Interesting idea!

Mar 06 06 04:51 pm Link

Model

InDecisivE

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Shyly is unique.  I won't pay her today, but when I am ready I'll have to, because there aren't any other models like her.

-Don

smile
Don is great - and one day I will repay him for everthing he does for me! smile - if he hadn't contacted me, I think at some point I would have contacted him, and now that I have the images to look at - if things had been different - and they weren't there... Knowing the outcome - I would pay to have them again!

Mar 06 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

KM Studios

San Francisco, California, US

I would totally charge for the service both ways!

just like I would pay to hire a model as well as charge for my service.
TIME, EQUIPMENT, EXPERIENCE AS A MODEL & PHOTOGRAPHER ................ just like L'Oreal would say....'Because Im WORTH IT!'

-KM Studios

Mar 06 06 04:55 pm Link

Model

Phoebe I

Austin, Indiana, US

If I had the money I would pay Trau to shoot me. He shoots hot and sexy quality pic's. ;^)

Mar 06 06 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

KM, you didn't read the directions, did you?

-Don

Mar 06 06 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Fuzzytek - Stephen

Detroit, Michigan, US

Me as a model ... to pay D. Brian Nelson as photographer. As far as pay - I would be more interested in seeing a session used for gallery exhibition work, which may not be paid to the model. I would not likely seek to pay him for the work produced, but I would encourage people to observe the work produced from our session. I would be his advocate and create publicity for him.

I like his style - artistic nudes, emotive, B&W. All females in his work. I wonder if he would work with a male. He's got a great handle on lighting. Different style than my own in many ways. I think using models in settings that show the geographic differences of his travels and perhaps puts the model in odd environments would expand his work.

Mar 06 06 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

Studio EVO

Thanks Phoebe, I would pay you too......so were even. I will look you up when I get to Texas!

TRAU

Mar 06 06 05:01 pm Link

Model

Phoebe I

Austin, Indiana, US

TRAU wrote:
Thanks Phoebe, I would pay you too......so were even. I will look you up when I get to Texas!

TRAU

LOL, cool!

Mar 06 06 05:03 pm Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

Hmm, I maybe would pay KM for her services.  I wouldnt pay much, no offense, maybe until I saw more magazine quality work.

and Nelson, I wouldnt pay for you, although i find your work is amazing! its just out my caliber! 

I would pay for shots for my book though wink

Mar 06 06 05:03 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Are you kidding with this thread....

::rolls eyes::

Mar 06 06 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

I'd certainly pay TRAU for his photography.  Excellent work is worth every penny.

Mar 06 06 05:06 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

I'm worth it wink

Mar 06 06 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Diana Moffitt wrote:
I'm worth it wink

You're not playing by the rules here.  Put up or shut up.

Respectfully,
Don

Mar 06 06 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

picturemephotography

Muncie, Indiana, US

Nerlande wrote:
Are you kidding with this thread....

::rolls eyes::

don't roll your eyes make a move

Mar 06 06 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

Studio EVO

Nerlande, its more interesting than most.  I see you are coming to Tampa..

Thanks Jay I like you work as well

Mar 06 06 05:13 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:

You're not playing by the rules here.  Put up or shut up.

Respectfully,
Don

Naaah.  I can't read.  smile

Mar 06 06 05:15 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

TRAU wrote:
Nerlande, its more interesting than most.  I see you are coming to Tampa..

Thanks Jay I like you work as well

Nope, not interesting. People will either be like "Well if I had the money" or "Well, maybe I'd pay a little bit"

Please.

This isn't the site to have this kind of thread on. This is stroke-an-ego central.
People WILL take things personally when they don't see the responses they'd like.

You wanna work with the person, then email him or her.

Also, shouldn't the title be "Are you worth the money?"

Whatever, I have credit card bills to pay....

Mar 06 06 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

Naaah.  I can't read.  smile

OK... playing by the rules here (but I can't read either wink).  If I had money I'd have no problem paying Diana. She has a great variety of images, and she seems to be very good at expressions and willing to try differant things. I don't work with just one genre or another; I really like variety. And Diana seems like a very good model to work with.

And just saying, if I had money (that's always the condition) I'd pay Envy any day. She's one of my favorite models on MM.

-P-

Mar 06 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

phcorcoran

Lawrence, Indiana, US

I am a big believer in being paid to learn.  I took a long list of low-paying, but paying, jobs in order to learn my craft.  Now I pay all of my models, even the first-timers who only have cell phone pictures.  But I don't pay first-timers much, and I can't afford to pay the good models what they are really worth.  However when I get a client to pay, then I try to get the model very good money.

So my general answer to this forum thread is that people should be paid for good work, and if you can't afford to pay them what they're worth, play them at least what you can afford.

Mar 06 06 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Pat Thielen wrote:
And just saying, if I had money (that's always the condition) I'd pay Envy any day. She's one of my favorite models on MM.

-P-

Right on. Absolutely Envy, no other. Except that I'm too cheap to pay her so I made arrangements to reimburse her otherwise tongue

Mar 06 06 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

MarkMarek wrote:

Right on. Absolutely Envy, no other. Except that I'm too cheap to pay her so I made arrangements to reimburse her otherwise tongue

I could say I'm "envious" but that'd be silly. OK... back to the topic...

Mar 06 06 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Old Ska Punk

Crivitz, Wisconsin, US

Is Nerlande worth paying for?

Every freakin' penny. She rocks!

Mar 06 06 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Pat Thielen wrote:
I could say I'm "envious" but that'd be silly. OK... back to the topic...

Nah, I'm a liar. Envy all the way. I do admire her more than any other model on MM. Just as you said, I would pay her any day.

Mar 06 06 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Julia Gerace

Monroe, Connecticut, US

o.k. -   if I were going to pay for a model, I would 1. want to see a full range of images in their portfolio  - I want to know that she can move and give some good expressions etc. and that the good images in his/her port aren't 1 out a 400 image shoot..or that they only know 6 moves...or 2 faces.. and 2. I would assume that by paying a model that nudity wouldn't be an issue...it's not that I want to photograph nudes per say, but that I want to go for a super high fashion look and if that shows breasts, than so be it..I don't want to have to worry if a nipple shows...3. - I would also assume that paying a model means she shows up looking like a model...and not needing a wax job, a hair job, a facial, a good nights sleep or a ton of coaching....

that being said... I would pay Nerlandhe if I had some money or a paying client.. her portfolio here rocks and she seems to have all the goods...

Mar 06 06 05:41 pm Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

Nerlande wrote:

Nope, not interesting. People will either be like "Well if I had the money" or "Well, maybe I'd pay a little bit"

Please.

This isn't the site to have this kind of thread on. This is stroke-an-ego central.
People WILL take things personally when they don't see the responses they'd like.

You wanna work with the person, then email him or her.

Also, shouldn't the title be "Are you worth the money?"

Whatever, I have credit card bills to pay....

i think i actually agree with you

Mar 06 06 05:43 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

oh and thank you to those who said they'd pay me....

Mar 06 06 05:46 pm Link