Forums > General Industry > Why don't models ever want to.....

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Ian Weintraub wrote:
what i want to know is why won't they have sex with me after the shoot... especially if I've paid them?? Hookers do it.  What makes models so special?

Yes. And they should also serve us a cold beer, poured in a glass

Mar 03 06 12:09 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Just because I have sex with a man, does not mean he deserves to be poured a beer.
wink

Mar 03 06 12:14 pm Link

Model

Leila Hazlett

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:

Let's see...

What's the average age of a model on MM?  I'd say early 20s.

What percentage of MM models are full time models?  I'd guess less than 5%. 

That implies that we are talking about very young people who are probably working jobs close to minimum wage; many of these models are full time students, implying that they work part time, if at all.

So, my guess is ...

>>>  They don't have a lot of disposable cash to spare.
   >>>  There's plenty of TFP/TFCD or paying jobs.
   >>>  Hiring a photographer isn't worth their time or money.

If you are a photographer, you won't make a living being hired by models.

Thank you, that is a very good point. If you are a good photographer you wont need to make money from charging models.

Mar 03 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Malchow Photography wrote:
...I want to know why so many if not most models feel that they don't have to pay for anything...

Why should they? Most "models" don't have any money anyway. What makes our time any more or less valuable than their time, and vise versa?

Photographers and models should help each other. Most photographers don't have much money either. Good material and exposure to opportunities are far more valuable than paying $100 for a photo lap dance.

It's the customer who is supposed to pay, then it's shared between the photographer and model.

We should not be customers of each other. Not if we are in this for real.

Besides, I like my photo lap dances for free. It gladdens my heart.

Click Hamilton
http://www.pbase.com/click_hamilton/photos

Mar 03 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Iona Lynn wrote:
Just because I have sex with a man, does not mean he deserves to be poured a beer.
wink

IONA!  ... I'm waiting for you!!

I'll pour the beer for you!

Click Hamilton
www.pbase.com/click_hamilton/photos

Mar 03 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

whine whine whine!

when I stopped doing TFP my phone call dropped droppped dropped. But now I get paid!
I pay models - hear that angelic one

Instead of 20 phone calls I get 5 that will pay - better for everyone

Fewer phone calls I get more experienced professional models!
when I get to the studio someone gets paid!

Funny! I have never been asked by a 'model' from the adult business to work for free! why?

Mar 03 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

Powell Ful Creations

Buffalo, New York, US

Models will never pay because there is always some photographer out there who will shoot them for Free.

Photographers don't want to pay models because there is always a model out there who will shoot with them for Free!

Mar 03 06 12:30 pm Link

Model

Xkwizit Poet

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Malchow Photography wrote:

Thanks for the laugh, but this is (at least to me) a very important, if genrealized question. It isn't about sex, or your sexual escapades...I want to know why so many if not most models feel that they don't have to pay for anything...

Because there are photographers out there that lead us to believe that is the case. There are many talented photographers who are willing to pay us or do TFCD, so why should we pay for a service if we dont have to? Now I am NOT saying that I do this. I have paid a couple of photographers for great work. However...models (and photographers) will do what they are already getting away with! People in general..if they can get something for nothing...they will!!!!!

Mar 03 06 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

c s e

Los Angeles, California, US

mac vs. pc

canon vs. nikon

model vs. photographer

yawn...

Mar 03 06 12:35 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

craig wrote:
mac vs. pc

canon vs. nikon

model vs. photographer

yawn...

l.a. vs. new york wink

Eddie's vs. Nana's tongue

EDIT: models vs. stylists

♀

Mar 03 06 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

l.a. vs. new york wink

Eddie's vs. Nana's tongue

Elisaveta's vs. Elizaveta's https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/UdoRPhotoArchive/MakingAPointGifs/devil2.gif

Mar 03 06 12:42 pm Link

Model

Cash DeVereaux

Santa Cruz, California, US

I have paid for photos...when it was worth it. And to answer the question about what can a model bring to the shoot...Well, I can do my own hair, makeup, wardrobe(or bring someone with me who will do all of that for me), pose without direction, etc...(And most photogs that I work with usually request to shoot me again.) And I do help photogs find girls that are willing to pay, without asking for a referral/finders fee. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Mar 03 06 12:45 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:
Elisaveta's vs. Elizaveta's https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/UdoRPhotoArchive/MakingAPointGifs/devil2.gif

To kick your A$$ vs. not to kick your A$$ yikes

Mar 03 06 12:50 pm Link