Forums > General Industry > Cocky Models on MM

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
Or, cocky is about bringing people down to their level, confidence is helping people rise to your level...

I like that.
smile

Dec 09 06 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Millich

Carmel, Indiana, US

I'm cocky...and I have whole 2 1/2 inch to prove it!

Dec 09 06 09:05 pm Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

Bruce Millich wrote:
I'm cocky...and I have whole 2 1/2 inch to prove it!

i hope that number is a typo...

lol just kidding.

Dec 09 06 09:13 pm Link

Model

Stacey S

Long Beach, California, US

thank goodness I haven't interracted with any cocky models

but I have with one photog on MM

eeesh

Dec 09 06 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

CristinaLex wrote:
I have recently gotten into a lil heated confrontation with another model on MM...seems kinda cocky to me in all the ways possible....

So opinion time....let me know your aspects...whats the difference between someone being COCKY and someone with CONFIDENCE...

Funny thing is ...someone told me to get the chip off my shoulder ..but when i looked nothing was there smile

There are cocky models here? How is that possible? smile

Dec 09 06 09:15 pm Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
Just me, but a cocky individual has to tell you how wonderful they are... A confident person knows they good at what they do and lets their work speak for them, not their mouth..

Or, cocky is about bringing people down to their level, confidence is helping people rise to your level...

I like this response, it is very accurate in my opinion.

Dec 09 06 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

Bryce Symonds

Bradenton, Florida, US

Get used to it.  I've been in the business 30 years and have meet some sweeties, but, a lot of bitches too.  Just treat them how they treat you.

Dec 09 06 11:21 pm Link

Model

Lee Frederic

Chicago, Illinois, US

Cocky is just confidence in what you do, I think (me and only me please don't take offense anyone) you can't base what you DO on who you are. In fact, if you have a great personality that'll show through in the pictures...

Dec 10 06 12:04 am Link

Photographer

Kas_

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Lee Frederic wrote:
Cocky is just confidence in what you do, I think (me and only me please don't take offense anyone) you can't base what you DO on who you are. In fact, if you have a great personality that'll show through in the pictures...

There's a big difference in conficence and being cocky.  I had the misfortune of playing with some of the cockiest people I've ever known when I played semi-pro baseball, and see it all the time even now. 

Being cocky usually reflects a lack of confidence, for someone who is confident doesn't normally feel the need to flaunt it in other's faces.

Dec 10 06 12:21 am Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Sacramento, California, US

I think all in this business have a cocky side. If not, then none of us would think we were worth getting paid for what we do.

Dec 10 06 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

So opinion time....let me know your aspects...whats the difference between someone being COCKY and someone with CONFIDENCE...

If you dont know , we're not going to tell you ( LOL )

Dec 10 06 06:11 pm Link

Model

LorenzoPierre

New York, New York, US

Confidence and being opinionated are all great...and I think many people on here comments might be recieved wrong. It's hard sometimes to tell whether someone is trying to 'jump out there' with you or just being sarcastic because we can't see the emotions behind the words.

I view everything as being sarcastic or simply just honest opinions...unless there is enough reason to assume otherwise...

Dec 10 06 06:29 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

PIC wrote:
Girls get Bitchy
Guys get Cocky.
E L

saying you are great all the time and expecting to be adored and overpaid etc is not being Bitchy
this means to say 2 faced things or openly unwarrented nasty things about others
not about yourself

let's instead of COCKY say arrogance instead

i am good at appearing this way because i am  British and went to a select private girls school... also as i am BRiTiSH I apologise often
that's PROBABLY quite  likely to cancel the first thing out

LOL

confidence that you can and will do a good job
and  ability to speak up for what you might need for that job or whatever in life etc etc is a great thing though

Dec 10 06 06:52 pm Link

Model

Angela_M

Chicago, Illinois, US

A lot of people on mm are cocky. smile

Dec 11 06 02:32 am Link

Photographer

Mgaphoto

San Diego, California, US

Angela Crystal McAdrian wrote:
A lot of people on mm are cocky. smile

So sad...yet so true sad I would at least understand if some had the talent to back it up!

Dec 11 06 02:39 am Link

Photographer

global vision

Bowling Green, Ohio, US

CristinaLex wrote:
I have recently gotten into a lil heated confrontation with another model on MM...seems kinda cocky to me in all the ways possible....

Funny thing is ...someone told me to get the chip off my shoulder ..but when i looked nothing was there smile

cocky is arrogance spawned from inferiority, delusions of grandeur and general lack of wisdom...it is bred in abundance in america under the auspices of "self esteem"...you know...you can do anything you set your mind to....even if you are a blithering idiot with no clue

...confidence on the other hand is knowing that you are capable of doing something or have been gifted with something...albeit musical or artistic talent or great physical beauty.....but have the wisdom to know it doesnt make you God and doesn't give you the "right" to treat others with less talent like excrement

Dec 11 06 02:44 am Link

Photographer

global vision

Bowling Green, Ohio, US

Quicksilver Graphics wrote:
Get used to it.  I've been in the business 30 years and have meet some sweeties, but, a lot of bitches too.  Just treat them how they treat you.

just remember what jesus SHOULD have said...."when someone slaps you on the right cheek....turn the other cheek and then beat the fucking shit out of the little asswipe" amen    big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Dec 11 06 02:49 am Link

Model

Lelah G

Inglewood, California, US

I've come across my share of cocky models.  Just smile & walk away.  Or in this case, state your point and move on to the next thread.  Saves a lot of energy.

Dec 12 06 03:55 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
Just me, but a cocky individual has to tell you how wonderful they are... A confident person knows they good at what they do and lets their work speak for them, not their mouth..

Perfect, Keith. Well said. Tim

As an aside, I just ignore what I preceive as cockiness. I have enough to do without feeding someone's insecurities.

Dec 12 06 04:00 am Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Confidence is attractive.  Psychosis is more attractive.  Cockiness as you've defined it is ugly.

-Don

golly gee, I hope I have psychosis...

Dec 12 06 03:56 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

CristinaLex wrote:

You do realize that this statement can come across as being cocky, right? I suspect that in your mind you didn't write it as such, but it can easily be read with that interpretation.

global vision wrote:
cocky is arrogance spawned from inferiority, delusions of grandeur and general lack of wisdom...it is bred in abundance in america under the auspices of "self esteem"...you know...you can do anything you set your mind to....even if you are a blithering idiot with no clue

...confidence on the other hand is knowing that you are capable of doing something or have been gifted with something...albeit musical or artistic talent or great physical beauty.....but have the wisdom to know it doesnt make you God and doesn't give you the "right" to treat others with less talent like excrement

Cockiness is sometimes not neccessarily not being capable of doing something and thinking you can. Cockiness to me is a more self centered view of yourself and your talents. Cockiness would be the person that talks about how great they are, even if they are really great. Cockiness in certain amounts is something that might be ok to have. Everything in moderation...

Confidence to me is knowing where your abilities and strengths lie, and seeking to continue to improve. Focusing more on continually growing in your chosen focus and being better than you are. Respecting higher talents and doing whatever it takes to learn from them (and anyone else that you cross paths with). It is also offering humble guidence to those that are beginning on similar paths.

Either way, giving people the benefit of the doubt is always helpful.

Dec 12 06 06:36 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

WOW This topic is almost a year old.  Why of all things to bring back did we choose this one?

Dec 12 06 07:36 pm Link