Forums > General Industry > Cocky Models on MM

Wardrobe Stylist

Crazy Benny

Rochester, New York, US

MadamePsychosis wrote:

Benny... you just opened up Pandora's Box here.  I kicked men in the gonads for a living for a little while.  ;-)

you don't scare me tongue

Feb 22 06 01:44 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

And to miss Jayne...this is a forum and yes i wanted to know something therefore i posted it...there are some people on here who just wants to justify the fact that they think they are better than other because how "professional" they are....i felt that more adivce should have been given to the young lady that has been writing me since the last thread tht spark the flame to the fire...but for someone to come out thier mouth and say i have no class and say how un professional i am is insane....but thats alright because in fact....i still have people contacting me to work or network ..no matter how unprofessional some may see me as.....

so yes maybe the last thread got off on the wrong foot...but that doesnt give others the right to judge those based on some words and/or comments typed on a forum's thread

Feb 22 06 01:52 pm Link

Model

Selfish Boy

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Michael Jordan is CONFIDENTS.... Kobe (Percieves to be) COCKY --- A lot of people love and respect both.. being cocky can be used depending how the person uses it... Sometimes you need to show off your work to get your foot in the door. Once your foot is in, you can take away cocky and add more confidents.

Feb 22 06 01:53 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

CristinaLex wrote:
if you ad read what another model had put for me to type that you would understand...i am not arrogant, cocky or egotistical...i wear chuck taylors everyday watch spongebob and is goofy as hell....i find it very inappropriate for a model to jump out there and tell me i have no class because i voiced an opinion that i had on a person thread and it didnt have n e thing to do with her in the first place...soo before you go quoting things...quote the whole situation....thanks

Okay. . .that may be all in the name of "self defense" but you can't take out the fact that you 1-jumped to conclusions and 2-somewhat said the photog didn't know what he was talking about.  What do you call that???  Most will say cocky.  But life is full of learning experiences.

I just started this modeling thing, and I have a regular 7:30-4p job too.  Well, I actually have two jobs besides, but that's not the point.  Walk with me for a minute.. . .
On my "regular" job, I have to go into departments and watch people work and then write a report about what they can do better.  I don't do their job.  Never have.  Most likely never will.  Now, I can't just go in there and start saying "hey.. .you're doing this wrong" because I think they should do this or that.  Sometimes (actually a LOT of times) I have to just sit there and be quiet and not say a thing.  That is the hardest thing in the world to do. 

My point:  if you just sit back and wait and watch. . .a lot will unfold in front of you.  What you think is going on or being said a lot of the time actually is not the deal.  And your opinion is never, ever absolute.  Everyone has something to learn from EVERYONE else in this life and on this planet.  No one person holds the key to the universe.  So. . .to incorrectly say the photog didn't know what he was talking about was cocky and arrogant.  Unfortunately. 

However. . .we are now talking about Gonads and making a living kicking people in them.  How much does that run nowadays???  big_smile

Feb 22 06 02:02 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

I, unfortunatley, dont see that as being cocky and arrogant because photographers dont know everything...and neither do us silly models...but he is a professional and i jsut felt that he could have given a lil bit more than just that one advice for her to do that type of work...this is a big world...why limit to one thing if she is just starting and could try different things to see what she is appealed to....

if someone said i didnt know  n e thing..that could be true to...hell i am young tht is true i ahve a lot to learn...but from what i do know...some people on here give advice that is half assed as i say...it aint bad but there is much more too it...

but no one on here knows everything..there are models who have more exprience and knowledge than most photographers and vice versa....sooo what it is, is what it is...i wasnt tellin anyone to do their job...just suggesting there were more options for her....i couldve said it in a better way yes...but everyone has options....

Feb 22 06 02:08 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

CristinaLex wrote:
I, unfortunatley, dont see that as being cocky and arrogant because photographers dont know everything...and neither do us silly models...but he is a professional and i jsut felt that he could have given a lil bit more than just that one advice for her to do that type of work...this is a big world...why limit to one thing if she is just starting and could try different things to see what she is appealed to....

Okay, I thought you just misinterpreted what UdoR said.  Actually, you missed what Miss K asked "should I lose weight and do high fashion or should I try to gain weight and do plus sized?"

UdoR was giving her an option so she didn't have to do either of those.  She would have to gain to model plus, and she would have to lose to model high fashion.  We all agree on what those industry standards are and why they're in place.  They're indesputable.  But if you actually took in ALL of what UdoR was saying sweetie, you'd see that the last thing he was doing was putting her in a "box" like you said.  He gave her an option that she hadn't thought of.  You turned that negative and the drama ensued from there. 

UdoR is well respected in the "industry" as well as on MM and a host of other sites.  You can't say he "doesn't know" because he in fact DOES!

Feb 22 06 02:24 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Jayne Jones wrote:

Okay, I thought you just misinterpreted what UdoR said.  Actually, you missed what Miss K asked "should I lose weight and do high fashion or should I try to gain weight and do plus sized?"

UdoR was giving her an option so she didn't have to do either of those.  She would have to gain to model plus, and she would have to lose to model high fashion.  We all agree on what those industry standards are and why they're in place.  They're indesputable.  But if you actually took in ALL of what UdoR was saying sweetie, you'd see that the last thing he was doing was putting her in a "box" like you said.  He gave her an option that she hadn't thought of.  You turned that negative and the drama ensued from there. 

UdoR is well respected in the "industry" as well as on MM and a host of other sites.  You can't say he "doesn't know" because he in fact DOES!

like i am saying everyone doesnt know everything....

Feb 22 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

There are a LOT of cocky people here, many of them don't even have cocks, but a lot of them do. Don't let these cocky bastards even affect you one bit, ChristinaLex. They gonna always be around. Let's make sure that YOU are too.

Feb 22 06 03:24 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

i mean i am over the whole thing....sometimes i think imay know it all.i just cant stand some people...who SWEAR they know it all...this is just a thread...soo i aint worrying about anything....

Feb 22 06 03:27 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

CristinaLex wrote:
i mean i am over the whole thing....sometimes i think imay know it all.i just cant stand some people...who SWEAR they know it all...this is just a thread...soo i aint worrying about anything....

How's that saying go????  Something like "what you despise in others you're really an expert at doing yourself."  Something like that.

UdoR is mad talented.  MAD!!!  I would jump at the op to work/learn from him or anyone else with his creds.  What I think Isa was saying to you Christina was that you never know who/what/when, so to admittedly be a "sometimes I think I may know it all" and display that attitude makes you look bad.  Some of the best people on the planet are soo humble it's touching.  If you can't be humble. . .that's not a good thing.

Everyone wants to feel important/smart/special, so I think it's just human nature to be indignant to those that make you feel otherwise.  But not everyone needs to be "checked" (for lack of a better term). . .and when you do that without your facts being straight. . .you look bad.  That's all Isa was saying.  That's all I'm saying.

You're a beautiful woman.  You have a promising career ahead of you, but if you're not very very careful . . .your attitude toward/about others will break you.  You will at some point in time, have to work with someone that you don't like/can't stand/etc.  You have to remain professional at ALL times.  You never know who's watching you.

*looks over shoulder*

All criitcism isn't bad.  As a model, you have to have extra thick skin.  Take the good as praise, and the bad as a learning experience/opportunity to improve.  That's my non-expert opinion/advice to you Chica!!

Feb 22 06 03:38 pm Link

Model

Miss Aimee

Sacramento, California, US

MadamePsychosis wrote:
But great PR for the two of you!!!

MEOW!!! HISS!!! CAT FIGHT!!! (i'll throw the chairs)

crazyisabela youre cute

I agree.
Both with the catfight. and the fact that crazyisabela is adorable.
ladies. ladies. ladies. ::sigh::

Feb 22 06 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

An ancient Eastern saying loosely translates as:

Man with hand in pocket feel cocky...

Feb 22 06 04:35 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

keeeeep it moving...nothing to see here

just a case of the double posts...i think it's the coffee I just had haha

Feb 22 06 04:38 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Miss Aimee wrote:
I agree.
Both with the catfight. and the fact that crazyisabela is adorable.
ladies. ladies. ladies. ::sigh::

pssssssssst! It's over...it's been over smile We love each other now

and I am adorable, aren't I??

lol...wait...is that cocky?? *joking** wink

Feb 22 06 04:38 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

pssssssssst! It's over...it's been over smile

lmao smile

Feb 22 06 04:39 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

CristinaLex wrote:

lmao smile

Awww!!  Now THAT's the love I'm talkin about.  Work the poleroid!! Work it!!  Own it!!

Feb 22 06 05:04 pm Link

Model

lucien13

I AM CONFIDENT AND NOT COCKY, THE DIFFERENCE IS I KNOW I CAN MAKE IT AND WILL MAKE IT SOON, BUT I WOULD NEVER PUT ANYONE ELSE DOWN THAT IS TRYING TO DO WHAT I AM DOING OR ISN'T AS PRIVLEDGED AS MYSELF.

Feb 22 06 05:07 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Jayne Jones wrote:
Work the poleroid!!

What's a poleroid? Is it like a robot pole??

:::confused:::

Feb 22 06 05:07 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Crazy Benny

Rochester, New York, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

pssssssssst! It's over...it's been over smile We love each other now

and I am adorable, aren't I??

lol...wait...is that cocky?? *joking** wink

and no one got pictures of the cat fight and the makeout at the end? and MM has photographers but they all missed it

Feb 22 06 05:08 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

I must have spelled it wrong.  The camera that has the pics come out the bottom.

Feb 22 06 05:46 pm Link

Model

CarsonLeh

I have to say I get my self introuble alot with people I don't know. Around my friends I'm extremly sarcastic I make alot of funny comments like "I'm the sexyest thing since sliced bread" and shit. People that know me know that I'm joking around and as usual don't take me sersusly. People that I don't know think I'm an arrogand cocky prick. So for future refernce I will do and say many things on MM like "Every one kneel before me, I am the sexyest man alive" and so on. I'm joking, I will never claim to be confedent because I am totaly not. I'm pretty insacure for a model.

To answer the question, Any one that says their confedent usualy is lying. Every time i've heard te line "I'm not cocky I'm confedint" its usualy accompanyed by the awsome mirror flash of an myspace ab shot. There pricks ahha always

Feb 22 06 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Mancuso

Harleysville, Pennsylvania, US

CarsonLeh wrote:
Every time i've heard te line "I'm not cocky I'm confedint" its usualy accompanyed by the awsome mirror flash of an myspace ab shot. There pricks ahha always

LMFAO

Feb 23 06 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Oh oh! nekid oil model wrasslin. I am bringing the Crisco!

Feb 23 06 02:13 pm Link

Makeup Artist

BridgitC-Makeup Artist

Atlanta, Georgia, US

J Merrill Images wrote:
Those with confidence demonstrate their abilities, those who are cocky run their mouths about what they perceive as their abilities.

Very well put!!!!!

Feb 23 06 02:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

BridgitC-Makeup Artist

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Isabel....not you? I can't imagine that.....I stick up for ya girl!

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

UdoR wrote:
Dear Cristina;

I don't think that this post is quite fair to her.

Don't forget, you were the first one becoming offensive and continued it throughout the post, even your last post in that thread is very condescending.

You have to remember, "keeping it real" doesn't mean that you have to drop all social conventions and just type as you want, expecting others not to react.

Toodles

Udo

yes, and to those of you who want to know, she is talking about me and referring to this thread:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=31001

Who is trying to get an ego stroke here, Christina?  Seems to me you are just trying to start trouble.  I really agree with Udo in that you need to get that chip off your shoulder.  Go ahead, brush it off...it'll make you feel a whole lot better smile

I don't really think that I need to comment here. If anyone so choses, take a look at the thread..I think that speaks enough of what I don't have to say here, oh yea, and:

To quote the great Cristina Lex:

p.s. before you start trying to get people to talk about me without them knowing, maybe you should let them know what is really going on, k? wink

Feb 23 06 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

I think a "poleroid" is either the opposite of a "hemorroid", or it's a roid, but at a different location? big_smile

Feb 23 06 02:19 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

UdoR wrote:
I think a "poleroid" is either the opposite of a "hemorroid", or it's a roid, but at a different location? big_smile

Okay. . .Okay. . .Dammit!  I can't spell.   One of these thingies:
http://www.westons.com/acatalog/polonecam_large.jpg

Feb 23 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

CristinaLex wrote:
I have recently gotten into a lil heated confrontation with another model on MM...seems kinda cocky to me in all the ways possible....

So opinion time....let me know your aspects...whats the difference between someone being COCKY and someone with CONFIDENCE...

Funny thing is ...someone told me to get the chip off my shoulder ..but when i looked nothing was there smile

Confident - strong convictions about ones OWN work

Cocky - strong convictions of one's own work at the expense/criticism of others

Feb 23 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Jayne Jones wrote:

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

Okay. . .Okay. . .Dammit!  I can't spell.   One of these thingies:
http://www.westons.com/acatalog/polonecam_large.jpg

OH... lmao... you were talking about a steroid! big_smile

Feb 23 06 02:46 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

UdoR wrote:

OH... lmao... you were talking about a steroid! big_smile

I give up!

Feb 23 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Gregory Prescott Photo

Model#47601 = cocky
Her words, "This site is drowning in amatuers."
I think if she was signed with Ford models, she would be too busy to be on this site but here she is with all the other "amatuers".  That's cocky.  This site is suppose to be a community of photographers and models to network, not belittle.

Feb 24 06 12:08 am Link

Photographer

Gregory Prescott Photo

Model#47601 = cocky
I think if she was signed with Ford models, she would be too busy to be on this site but here she is with all the other "amatuers".  That's cocky.  This site is suppose to be a community of photographers and models to network, not belittle.

Feb 24 06 12:08 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Jayne Jones wrote:

I give up!

LMAO... luv' ya too... big_smile

Feb 24 06 12:10 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

photog66 wrote:
Model#47601 = cocky

Did I miss something???  I thought professional full-time models had tear sheets/credits/photogs they'd worked with and a website at least. . .not a blog and a random port at best.  I was expecting a lot more.

Feb 24 06 12:32 am Link

Photographer

R.J. Walker

Fairmont, Illinois, US

All I know is tonight I visited more threads and made more posts than any night I've been here. I usually don't get involved with heated discussions or debates, but I have noticed a trend on this night. One particular individual seems to spark debate and chaos on almost every thread they have participated in tonight. In this industry you have to be very careful if you want to be successful. Why burn the bridges that you may need to get the land of success you are striving for? Just thought I'd speak, and now I digress.

Feb 24 06 12:48 am Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

No difference in my book.

Feb 24 06 12:54 am Link

Photographer

R.J. Walker

Fairmont, Illinois, US

betcha having a  poleroid is better than having a hemorrhoid smile

Feb 24 06 12:58 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

R.J. Walker wrote:
betcha having a  poleroid is better than having a hemorrhoid smile

Hmmm. . .what about a polaroid of hemmorrhoids???

Feb 24 06 01:27 am Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

photog66 wrote:
Model#47601 = cocky

Each casting only takes 10 - 15 minutes.  Just because you're signed with Ford doesns't mean you are a busy working model. 

Maybe you took her amateur quote out of context.  Working models do become bitter and ''cocky'' because this industry fucks your head ten times over.

Feb 24 06 01:31 am Link

Model

MsGeneChin

Oak Park, Illinois, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
Maybe you took her amateur quote out of context.  Working models do become bitter and ''cocky'' because this industry fucks your head ten times over.

What industry doesn't.

Dec 09 06 06:33 pm Link