Forums > General Industry > Why say "No Nude"?

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Jack Curtis wrote:
You can tell in the first sentence or three whether this is someone you'd consider approaching for work or accepting a job with, and yes, wording, grammer, spelling are all important. Just as important as honesty.

grammar  wink

Feb 22 06 09:22 am Link

Photographer

Amanda Schlicher

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Vanity.  Hypocrisy.

They don't want weirdos bothering them with creepy requests, but they won't take down nudes because they want the world to see how hot they are, it makes them look/feel good.  They like the attention, views, and comments.

Feb 22 06 09:23 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Feb 22 06 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Amanda Schlicher wrote:
Vanity.  Hypocrisy.

They don't want weirdos bothering them with creepy requests, but they won't take down nudes because they want the world to see how hot they are, it makes them look/feel good.  They like the attention, views, and comments.

Exactly...

Feb 22 06 11:14 am Link

Makeup Artist

benson

"So rather than having a sick sexual desire for women, we secretly hate them?
Interesting.
How do you explain my female partner who also shoots nudes?"

It is not the shooting of the nudes that I find hate full

That staement was made in regards to the amount of photographers in this topic being hateful towards models who aren't behaving as they would like them too.......Saying she shows nude in her portfolio but says no nudes in her bio.......This seems to generate a bunch of sheerly hateful comments......It really reads to me like she wore a sexy dress so when she said no to sex with me I blamed her for cock teasing.....There is a very VERY definite attitude of anger and debasement of the ladies here who simply state that they dont currently do nudes......

BLACKLISTING a model for perceived mixed messages?...Come on now.....HATE FULL.

Feb 22 06 02:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

benson

Jack Curtis wrote:
Quote:"[

It kills me that we are "all" pervs if we shoot nudes.  I don't claim that the stuff I do is artistic but man....are the labels really necessary? 

I guess I would also ask that if I'm a perv then what does that make the models we shoot?  I always just thought of them as confortable in their own skin and confident...maybe I'm wrong.

"
Ignorance, hipocracy, whatever. This same visionary will also probably tell you he's never masturbated or thinks evil thoughts about people he hates. I shoot adult work, I do it as an OCCUPATION, not a perversion. Most of the models I've worked with do it for the same reason. Being comfortable with the work you do, WHATEVER it is, is key to being successful at ANYTHING, including nude photography or erotica.

The reading the port part of this post...well...I've been at this about 3 years now. I've gotten to the point where reading a model port's "innuendo" is a lot easier for me. I'm sure it works the same for a model that's been doing this a while as well, reading a photographer's port. You can tell in the first sentence or three whether this is someone you'd consider approaching for work or accepting a job with, and yes, wording, grammer, spelling are all important. Just as important as honesty. First impressions, even on the internet, are still the most lasting. The biggest drivers to the "next" button for me are the cynical, condescending port comments like, "don't waste my time....(insert adverb)"...I never do. I don't waste another second. If dealing with all normal types of communication in a profession you've chosen is a waste of your time, then what will your attitude be when you arrive for work? I'll never find out because I'd never hire you.  Same analogy applies to us as shooters. I don't consider it a waste of my time to read through 100 ports to find one model who is like minded for the project I'm shooting. There are a lot of other "instant move along" comments I read in ports that would take too much time to write, but my point is, relieve your frustration by clicking on the next button. There are lots of other models, and thousands more of them coming of age every day.

you did get that I was being ironic yes?

Feb 22 06 02:35 pm Link

Model

Aida Mendoza

Spring, Texas, US

I donno OP, I agree though if you have nudes in ur port, its kinda weird that you wont do them, but it could be the model is trying to get away from doing that stuff,  I put down no nudes/lingerie, but I dont post pictures of my self in either of these 2 catagories.

Feb 22 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Aida Mendoza wrote:
I donno OP, I agree though if you have nudes in ur port, its kinda weird that you wont do them, but it could be the model is trying to get away from doing that stuff,  I put down no nudes/lingerie, but I dont post pictures of my self in either of these 2 catagories.

If you're trying to get away, wouldn't you stop showing it?

Feb 22 06 10:58 pm Link