Forums > General Industry > Another passion besides photography?

Photographer

KorokStudios

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Comics - both reading them and creating them - - my web-strip is at http://www.angelfire.com/comics/superheroines  I'm in the process of getting two comics to be self-published put together.

I'm also an all-around artist... painting, bead work, digital abstracts (based on my photos), etc... some of this can be seen at http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/korok

Korey

Feb 03 06 08:19 am Link

Photographer

Carlton Primm

Dallas, Texas, US

I'm a semi-professional illustrator (and sometimes painter).  That's what got me into the photo biz in the first place, capturing my work.

Feb 03 06 08:32 am Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

I love cars. Old. New. Whatever... I have a couple old Capris that I try to keep running
https://www.geocities.com/groupw.geo/Capri/74/Capri2.jpg

I also love auto racing - especially Formula 1.

I also love music. I don't have the talent as a musician, but I have a large collection of LP's and CD's of many different styles...

Feb 03 06 08:54 am Link

Model

Vadella

Saddle Brook, New Jersey, US

I do photography on the side. My other main passion includes dancing and reading the tarot.

Feb 03 06 08:56 am Link

Photographer

Imagery by joeycee

Los Angeles, California, US

Television production from producing to directing to shooting to editing.

Feb 03 06 09:01 am Link

Photographer

Brandon Luna

Dallas, Texas, US

Hong Kong action movies. I grew up learning martial arts and watching Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies with my dad. It has become a life long obsession. I have about 200 HK action flicks on DVD.

Feb 03 06 09:39 am Link

Photographer

David Duane

Chandler, Arizona, US

Mountain biking, tandem biking, I ran a marathon last month in about 5 hours, our Prius, and other things green.  Death rides in the mountains on the sport bike until about 5 years ago (would do it again if I could afford it).  Watching live, local music (hard rock).  Visiting microbreweries when I travel.  Charbucks.  Tweaking (not really -- the drug days are long gone). 

I'm surprised no one said anything about going to church --  I guess I am not the only athiest here.  Are there any models who do photography, or vice versa?

Feb 03 06 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Lion Heart Studio

Nine Mile River, Nova Scotia, Canada

Fly fishing

Feb 03 06 02:28 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

pretty flowers

Aug 15 06 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

Torrence Williams

Dallas, Texas, US

Sports....
Basketball. 
Played for a living, before photography

Aug 15 06 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Theatre - Directing @ 3-4 shows a year and acting when the right opportunity presents itself....

Aug 15 06 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Zaldania

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

I make chainmail/chainmaille jewelry, pouches, and other miscellaneous items.  Fun stuff: 
http://zaldania.deviantart.com/
(some of the photos are gritty- borrowed camera at the time)

Aug 15 06 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

The Polaroid Guy

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

I've been a screenwriter for the last ten years. And I'm going to direct a feature before I'm 25, dammit!

I also love boobs.

Aug 15 06 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

The Polaroid Guy

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

glenn usdin wrote:
mine is gonna sound really strange.

firefighting.

I am the fire chief here in town and I guess you could say that I'm pretty passionate about that.

Putting out a fire is so different than photography, but very cool and rewarding.

Been a firefighter since 1974 and no plans to quit yet.

You must know my father - Alan Black, fire chief at DFW airport.

Aug 15 06 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

The Polaroid Guy

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

Also, I've yet to own one (hoping for my next) but:

https://www.autowallpaper.de/Wallpaper/VW/vw_bus_t1/Bilder/VW_Bus_T1%20(1).jpg

Aug 15 06 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

Drinking!

Aug 15 06 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

digitalkojak

League City, Texas, US

I like doing my sales, especialy the money counting part.  The things I do outside of photography and sales that would do no matter what.
History buff,  specifically WW2 and the USS Texas BB35.  Martial arts, I love taking my son to taekwondo.  He just competed in the world champioships in June, didn't win anything but it was a big deal just to be there.  Cigars, ah if only I were rich.  Horse racing.  Got hooked on those last two back in the 70's, ah if only I were rich.  Oh yeah said that already.  I guess I am passionate about most everything I do.  To quote Lou Holtz "God didn't put us here just to be ordinary."

Aug 15 06 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

Playing the guitar, I have played for 39 years. I played professionally for over 20 years. If I had to pick, the camera would go bye-bye.

Aug 15 06 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

Craig A McKenzie

Marine City, Michigan, US

Pez collecting...Yes the candy/Dispenser.

Aug 15 06 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

dodgy photography

San Francisco, California, US

Nice to see a couple of other pilots on here.

Private Pilot, Instrument Rating

and music .. well it was shooting bands that turned me from a total amateur into this half-assed semi-pro photournalist you see before you. I'm always at SF clubs with a Nikon listening to some garage band punks.

Aug 16 06 01:24 am Link

Aug 16 06 01:30 am Link