Forums > General Industry > Models who have obviously broken scales.....

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

I have a question....

models, do you think that your posting that you're 105 lbs when you are obviously not will get you jobs? Do you think that photographers will look past the obvious and hire you?

Photographers.... I know that you see these portfolios. Would you hire a model who lies about her weight?

MM Mods... why allow profiles to exist when they are misrepresenting themselves?

Jan 08 07 05:13 am Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

haha! this is gonna be good.

Jan 08 07 05:16 am Link

Model

Paxton Rylie

Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I wish my scale were broken
lol

Jan 08 07 05:19 am Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

Paxton Rylie wrote:
I wish my scale were broken
lol

ahh... but you are honest.. and I'd rather work with someone who is honest with themselves, then someone who thinks I am a fool.

Jan 08 07 05:21 am Link

Model

Paxton Rylie

ravens laughter wrote:

ahh... but you are honest.. and I'd rather work with someone who is honest with themselves, then someone who thinks I am a fool.

oh you mean the plus size model who is only 115lbs?
hahaha

Jan 08 07 05:22 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

ravens laughter wrote:
I have a question....

models, do you think that your posting that you're 105 lbs when you are obviously not will get you jobs? Do you think that photographers will look past the obvious and hire you?

Photographers.... I know that you see these portfolios. Would you hire a model who lies about her weight?

MM Mods... why allow profiles to exist when they are misrepresenting themselves?

Weight a minute!  Opps .. I mean wait a minute!  Do you mean a lot of pounds or a little bit of a discrepancy of only a few pounds?  It makes a difference to me only if it's a model who looks dramatically different from her posted images here.  But then it is really important for photographers and models to meet before a shoot if at all possible.  I know many of us have busy schedules, but this is one of many reasons I have for wanting to do the meet and greet thing first. 

"Lying" about ones weight, height, or age doesn't bother me if the pictures are accurate enough for me to have some idea of what a model looks like.  In fact, I would think of it more as an inaccuracy than a lie if it's only a few pounds, inches or years difference.  That would not bother me at all.

Jan 08 07 05:28 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

How about a model who can't type, doesn't proof read or is disfunctional?

Just saw a profile that said she's 10 lb.

Jan 08 07 05:29 am Link

Photographer

R A Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

who's the 110 pound plus model? Don't post it here, just shoot me a message. I gotta see this!

I don't lie on my profile about my weight (my model profile). I know I need to lose weight, but if I were to lie, it would be obvious, and unnecessary. Plus, if a model can't be honest or intelligent enough to have a proper weight amount on their profile, then they probably aren't really worth working with in the first place.

What I really love, are the models who say they are 17 pounds and the such. Or, the ones who lie about their age, just so they can be on here.

Jan 08 07 05:37 am Link

Model

Rose Noir

Chicago, Illinois, US

Everytime I see a model lying about her measurements I giggle to myself.... Not to be cruel I just can't help but giggle.

I've never lied about my weight, no matter how much I don't like it. Whats the use in lying? I say be honest and learn to live with your flaws or if you can, fix them.

But thats just me, I can't speak for everyone.

Jan 08 07 05:38 am Link

Model

Paxton Rylie

Ok, well as for the 110lbs plus size... I was just giving a random example. but if i find one, I'm sooooo posting it somewhere haha

And I don't lie about my measurements, i just simply don't know my measurements haha

Jan 08 07 05:41 am Link

Model

Rose Noir

Chicago, Illinois, US

Paxton Rylie wrote:
Ok, well as for the 110lbs plus size... I was just giving a random example. but if i find one, I'm sooooo posting it somewhere haha

And I don't lie about my measurements, i just simply don't know my measurements haha

LOL ^_^ Don't feel bad. I didn't know my proper measurements until I was fitted for a lolita dress last year! O.O

Jan 08 07 05:50 am Link

Model

Paxton Rylie

Rose Noir wrote:

LOL ^_^ Don't feel bad. I didn't know my proper measurements until I was fitted for a lolita dress last year! O.O

Now I want to find a measuring tape

Jan 08 07 05:54 am Link

Model

Stacey S

Long Beach, California, US

ravens laughter wrote:
I have a question....

*looks at own profile*
hmmm
*looks at self*
yeaa

i'm a secret internet fattie...

Jan 08 07 06:05 am Link

Model

Tattered Alice

Cardiff, Alabama, US

TBH i'm often baffled by some weights given... but then if you look at the mediain general and the amountof 6 foot tall actors/ celebrities etc wh are of slim-norml size claiming t be 7 and half stone, i can't help but think that in contributes quite heaviy to general poor body mage and eating disorders.

For example, I'm about 112lbs (at the mo) sometimes I'm 107 sometimes I'm 116 (thsis the nature of things ike periods, eating etc) I generly look about the same... and where the same size clothes.

I'm only 5'2", but fairl busty... so people of a similar build to me 9but not busty) tend to be as much as a tone ighter than me (whilst generall weaing the saem size clothes) people who are about the same waist measurments etc... normal bust and up to 4 inches taller than me can weigh about the same.

however it's simply not feasible that someone who is my size or larger, with an ample bust and who is 5'10 also weighs 112lbs...or as i've often seen claimed 105lbs. But still t is claimed, on modeling sites an across the media. TBh i can understand why soemone wuld fib a bit, if there's this general perceptin that a person shuld be 105bs if they're tall and slim and such... perhaps if there weren't a media obsession this craze for lying about one's weight may die down?

anyway, ignoring that, sicne as pointed out eight varies dramatically i tend to think it's better to go with an appreciation of mages and a rough guideline of sizes (after all in the mornign you  have a 24" waist and in the eveign a 26" - one of the many delightful quirks of the female body).

after all you can see from an image whether someone has the look you want,and from their measurments you can gain an estimate of twhetehr they'd b able towear the cothes you want/ suit the role etc.

it's silly to fib, yes, but if i were looking to book a model I wouldn't be looking at her weight at all (as it's generally a irrelevance)

Jan 08 07 06:05 am Link

Model

Jami Lea

Los Angeles, California, US

how bout us high metabolism kids whose weight fluctuates 5lb loss and 3 months later, 5lb gain, 3 months later, 5lb loss? lol i'm not kidding, im weird

Jan 08 07 06:19 am Link

Model

STERLING_

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Weight shouldn't be an issue. Measurements should be. Personally, I’m a sloppy 34C-26-35 and my inseam is 34.

Jan 08 07 06:24 am Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

ahh, I aint talking about a 5 or even 10 lb difference. I am talking about a good 25+ range.

I can't give names, but you'll find them out there.

We are talking 5'2, saying they are 105... when looking at the images you can see that their thighs are as big as their waist...

Jan 08 07 06:25 am Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

STERLING_ wrote:
Weight shouldn't be an issue. Measurements should be. Personally, I’m a sloppy 34C-26-35 and my inseam is 34.

well they will lie about that too....

Jan 08 07 06:26 am Link

Photographer

Food 4 Less

i dont read the weight stats--only the height. i dont care if the model lies about the weight as long as she is all right in the picture.

Jan 08 07 06:26 am Link

Model

Jami Lea

I guess it's just frustrating when you are lied to.  I guess you could just try telling models that you will make them get on the scale? lol

Jan 08 07 06:28 am Link

Photographer

RED Photographic

Muscle wieghs more than fat, a well-known fact.  So, logically, something must weigh less than fat.  I suggest that the lightweight plus-sized models must have been injected with helium.

Jan 08 07 06:49 am Link

Model

MsHeidi

Jessheim, Akershus, Norway

I would like to be 110...just didn't happen..so I guess I'm stuck with my 140, wich isn't really that much given the thought that I'm 5'11..
But still, so fat for some...sad

Jan 08 07 06:54 am Link

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Yep, I'm guilty, but I figure, you know by looking at me I'm clearly not 100 pounds. I'm full figured/plus size whatever so you know better no matter if I put 10 pounds or not.It's really more  tongue in cheek than anything with me. It's like if I had Caucasian in the race slot.

Jan 08 07 07:09 am Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

dee740 wrote:
Yep, I'm guilty, but I figure, you know by looking at me I'm clearly not 100 pounds. I'm full figured/plus size whatever so you know better no matter if I put 10 pounds or not.It's really more  tongue in cheek than anything with me. It's like if I had Caucasian in the race slot.

what.... you aren't white?

dee you're hot what ever your wieght, I would love to work with you

Jan 08 07 08:36 am Link

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

ravens laughter wrote:

what.... you aren't white?

dee you're hot what ever your wieght, I would love to work with you

nope, not white. Negress here. But i'd love for you to work with me too:-)

Jan 08 07 08:39 am Link

Model

Danger Slade

Iowa City, Iowa, US

It's better when a model fudges her weight a bit (pun intended, yes oh yes) than when a photographer meets a model and tells her that she "looks a lot different" from her portfolio portrayals.  And his tone of voice isn't particularly elated.

Ouchies.

Personally I think some people stop changing what they say they weigh at about... age 16.  Me...that's when I stopped having a scale; however, doctor visits can be a scary surprise if you're still delusional and believe you weigh as much as you did as a sophomore.

Jan 10 07 02:58 am Link

Photographer

Star

ravens laughter wrote:
I have a question....

I care more about people posting their real age, I do not want to touch-up crows feet all day while doing post on a fashion shoot

also, usually you let me and some others I won't name be the "get real" posters, did Miya cut you off?

https://bestsmileys.com/animals/7.gif

Jan 10 07 03:48 am Link

Model

sparky_roll

Brisbane, California, US

I'm 110.23 Lbs..

I always got told I'm to skinny, I've been trying to put on weight as long as I can remember.. but now.. Well is it that I'm like average?

A bit lost here sad

Jan 10 07 04:32 am Link

Photographer

Elana Rachel

Boston, Massachusetts, US

HAHA you win! You win! Best topic title I have ever seen on MM. And yes, when you say 98lbs and you are clearly 150+ (or even 120+)  we ALL know you are delusional.

Jan 10 07 04:35 am Link

Model

Maya A Lelani

New York, New York, US

I'm 5'2" and like 150#... but I don't think I look it...

And no one would ever hire me with those stats.

95% of it is BOOB... smile

Jan 10 07 04:40 am Link

Model

Jami Lea

Dishonesty is disgusting....do they think so low of themselves enough to have to lie?

Jan 10 07 04:40 am Link

Photographer

WhoYouAre

Aurora, Illinois, US

I ran across a profile the other day where she had her age listed as 179 or some crazy number like that. I figured she just doesn't want to come up in search results or something.

Jan 10 07 04:46 am Link

Model

Iris

Dallas, Texas, US

Leonard Gee Photography wrote:
How about a model who can't type, doesn't proof read or is disfunctional?

Just saw a profile that said she's 10 lb.

10 lb I believe is the default if you don't fill in weight.... Not everyone has a scales.

Jan 10 07 04:54 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Its a womans Perogative!!

Thats what my Mother always told me..

(:--------

Hj

Jan 10 07 05:08 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

ravens laughter wrote:
I have a question....

You caught me.  Mine says 107 and I think I may be 106.

Now I guess we will never work together because I'm a big fat [-1 pound] liar.  sad.

Jan 10 07 05:59 am Link

Photographer

mjkhfryimhg

Tucson, Arizona, US

hehe, thats a funny topic....I'm a guy and photog but I weigh 250 lbs but everyone thinks I weigh like 190.  I think I would lie if I had a model port, cuz then I wouldn't get any jobs.

Jan 10 07 06:06 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

What's a scale?

Jan 10 07 06:07 am Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

Kalene wrote:
I only tell people my real weight when I want an argument. No one believes me

You're obviously like 150 pounds, probably a size 8... quit lying!

Mike Walker wrote:
What's a scale?

I dunno, I think the cops took mine.

(that was a joke)

Jan 10 07 06:11 am Link

Model

A Y G

[Please Feed The Models]

Syke. I'm kidding, but I do agree. If I were larger than my pictures (and my profile) represented, than I certainly would not expect to be considered for any projects. I'd either lay low, or hop in the gym. I'm lucky to be fit, but I'm really trying to cut up my abs right now, and thats a pain in the royal ass. I'd rather be out feeding old people or something...

Jan 10 07 06:24 am Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

The same issue with the height and age smile

Jan 10 07 02:45 pm Link