Forums > General Industry > MM Model of The Year in 2006

Model

club Jeska

Riverside, California, US

ravens laughter wrote:
wow.... not sure where you got your nominees from. There was a different MM Model of the year thread that included a few.... I'll name them.

Miya
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=2802
she is constantly reinventing herself. More widely published than most agency models on this site, miya is still down to earth and can be seen frolicking often in the forums.

Jeska Vardinski
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=14883
clearly one of the most shot models on this site. Her list of MM contacts and shoots with MM photographers now numbers into the hundreds.

Liz Ashley
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=26159
consumate pro, I am certain that there are few other models on this site who have persued their careers as aggressively as liz.

Shyly
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=2809
if someone were to ask me who I think was the most important model to have come along in this generation, I think shyly would be my choice. She has changed more minds on what defines beauty then any one else I know.

Rebecca Miller
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=45777
pure human eye candy.
rebecca emotes sex appeal. She has shot with nearly everyone within driving distance. She has the patience of a saint.

oo00Jessica00oo
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=41806
I am in love with her so I must recues myself (wink).

YAY FOR ME!!!!

LOVE YA!

Jan 04 07 09:54 am Link

Model

club Jeska

ravens laughter wrote:
wow.... not sure where you got your nominees from. There was a different MM Model of the year thread that included a few.... I'll name them.

Miya
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=2802
she is constantly reinventing herself. More widely published than most agency models on this site, miya is still down to earth and can be seen frolicking often in the forums.

Jeska Vardinski
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=14883
clearly one of the most shot models on this site. Her list of MM contacts and shoots with MM photographers now numbers into the hundreds.

Liz Ashley
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=26159
consumate pro, I am certain that there are few other models on this site who have persued their careers as aggressively as liz.

Shyly
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=2809
if someone were to ask me who I think was the most important model to have come along in this generation, I think shyly would be my choice. She has changed more minds on what defines beauty then any one else I know.

Rebecca Miller
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=45777
pure human eye candy.
rebecca emotes sex appeal. She has shot with nearly everyone within driving distance. She has the patience of a saint.

oo00Jessica00oo
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=41806
I am in love with her so I must recues myself (wink).

YAY FOR ME I LOVE U..

Jan 04 07 09:57 am Link

Photographer

eg

Miami Beach, Florida, US

jeska vardinski for me is the ONE!!!!!!

Model

club Jeska

fashion industry inc wrote:
jeska vardinski for me is the ONE!!!!!!

HAH  wink

Photographer

Aaron S

Syracuse, Indiana, US

Lapis wrote:

Good. I am not even nominated. It would be stupid to vote for me, and I don't need confirmation to know that the photographers I really want to work with do know who I am, and are pretty much unanimous in their desire to photograph me, despite my lack of model measurements. I also have met Betcee May, who is an amazing model, but she does most of her work on omp as well....mm is for playing, most of the models I know actually make money more on omp. I am honored to be well known on both sites....at least by the people who have been around.

What? In that case, I am nominating you.

And then I'm gonna get you a nomination for a Grammy. But not a Tony.

I've never used OMP. I ended up here somewhat randomly. When I want specific models for something, I usually just go through an agency, since test models are pretty good.

Jan 04 07 09:59 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Aaron S wrote:

What? In that case, I am nominating you.

And then I'm gonna get you a nomination for a Grammy. But not a Tony.

I've never used OMP. I ended up here somewhat randomly. When I want specific models for something, I usually just go through an agency, since test models are pretty good.

Thanks, but instead of nominating me, why don't you just shoot with me. Means a lot more anyway.

Jan 04 07 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Aaron S

Syracuse, Indiana, US

Lapis wrote:

Thanks, but instead of nominating me, why don't you just shoot with me. Means a lot more anyway.

Because it takes a lot of work to lug a Camera Obscura from New York to Illinois.

In all seriousness though, I will be in IL for my brother's graduation (I'll be in Rockford), in June or July. And I'd love to.

Jan 04 07 10:11 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thank you, and I like photographers who do film. Especially weird cameras. Just remind me closer to the date.

Jan 04 07 10:13 am Link

Photographer

Aaron S

Syracuse, Indiana, US

I'll do the whole shoot with a Brownie.

Jan 04 07 10:17 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Aaron S wrote:
I'll do the whole shoot with a Brownie.

cool. And check out my classy models thread in model matters. Amazing how quickly things change. Now I need to go do some edits.

Jan 04 07 10:20 am Link

Model

club Jeska

I think that I am well deserving of this title.
i work very hard at what i do and my creativity never runs out.
I edit
I model
I do hair and make up

i AM not trying to be conceited but simply wondering why i was not nominated?

If you can tell me a good reason why i do not deserve to be on this list please do...

https://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5566/chex10kr7.jpg
https://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9985/345jeskacryingwebkl7.jpg
https://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1932/455a24d5c8e1evj3.jpg
https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6489/456495f68c188mm1.jpg
https://img246.imageshack.us/img246/908/crw0691ms3.jpg

Jan 04 07 10:22 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

no offense jesk (even though you blew me off when i was in you area) and everyone else, but i think this thread is useless...

its a popularity contest..nothing more...

so i am done visiting it....

Jan 04 07 10:24 am Link

Photographer

Aaron S

Syracuse, Indiana, US

Under 1,000 posts. At least, that's my reasoning.

Model

club Jeska

Doug Swinskey wrote:
no offense jesk and everyone else, but i think this thread is useless...

its a popularity contest..nothing more...

so i am done visiting it....

wink

Photographer

Brendan Barry

Boston, Georgia, US

Useless thread, but I nominate myself.

Jan 04 07 10:52 am Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
heres a thought..shouldnt the "model of the year" have accomplished something other then just being pretty, popular or a fav of some photographer...

like a national campaign..or being published in some cool magazine ..or something?????

well, this is my thread and i set the rules. don't like it? get your own is all i have to say. smile this is MM model of the year, not model of the year in general. the intention of this is to serve as a motivation for other non-traditional models (i.e. those who don't fit into the 5'9" and size 4 group, which are majority of the members here at MM) to act professional and also be a great person to be around in the forum. please read the rules before you add your comments.

Jan 04 07 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

jeskavardinski wrote:
I think that I am well deserving of this title.
i work very hard at what i do and my creativity never runs out.
I edit
I model
I do hair and make up

i AM not trying to be conceited but simply wondering why i was not nominated?

If you can tell me a good reason why i do not deserve to be on this list please do...

well, you're nominated as a group of about 10 by one photog who never follow up. so i guess you could be consider nominated. smile please note that i like your work. but i can only have one nomination and one vote.

Jan 04 07 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

it's almost like english is his first language...

and the point of your "mature" opinion is? yes, english is not my first language. care to share your insight on how to write an award winning piece or a PhD dissertation? try speaking chinese correctly, not to mention writing it.

Jan 04 07 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Lapis wrote:

Good. I am not even nominated. It would be stupid to vote for me, and I don't need confirmation to know that the photographers I really want to work with do know who I am, and are pretty much unanimous in their desire to photograph me, despite my lack of model measurements. I also have met Betcee May, who is an amazing model, but she does most of her work on omp as well....mm is for playing, most of the models I know actually make money more on omp. I am honored to be well known on both sites....at least by the people who have been around.

well, i explained clearly on my OP why i think think jessalyn should be nominated and why i titled my thread MM model of the year for the rules i set. i don't know what the problem is with all of you trying to pick bones out of an egg. this is not a thread to vote who is the best model for the year 2006 in OMP, the net or anywhere except MM. this is also not a thread about who makes more money or get more published work. it is about who gets the most improvement in a short amount of time due to her positive attitude and hard work. i don't what the problem with you people are. every time i try to make something positive happen there are no lack of negativity hawks flying over picking every apart. as you said, if you're getting a lot of your paying jobs elsewhere, why bother responding to this thread?

just for the record, i think melissa baker is a far more successful model in 2006 than jessalyn in terms of the among of works she had. so do a few other agency models. but they don't get work because of MM, they get their work thru agencies. there are a lot of agency models won't be on MM or OMP. how do we compare them then? yes, this is a useless thread and thank you for making more useless.

Jan 04 07 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Jeff Marsh wrote:
Leo,
In less than another day, you will totally regret having started this thread....

Jeff, it took almost 5 days. wink

Jan 04 07 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

BTW, i wasn't aware of this thread until today:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=90822

the result never came out as stated. there is no criteria for nominees. . . i guess everyone is a winner. smile

Jan 04 07 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Brendan Barry wrote:
Useless thread, but I nominate myself.

sorry, photogs are not allowed. we're all too good to be judged. wink

Jan 04 07 12:34 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Leo Chan wrote:
well, i explained clearly on my OP why i think think jessalyn should be nominated and why i titled my thread MM model of the year for the rules i set. i don't know what the problem is with all of you trying to pick bones out of an egg. this is not a thread to vote who is the best model for the year 2006 in OMP, the net or anywhere except MM. this is also not a thread about who makes more money or get more published work. it is about who gets the most improvement in a short amount of time due to her positive attitude and hard work. i don't what the problem with you people are. every time i try to make something positive happen there are no lack of negativity hawks flying over picking every apart. as you said, if you're getting a lot of your paying jobs elsewhere, why bother responding to this thread?

just for the record, i think melissa baker is a far more successful model in 2006 than jessalyn in terms of the among of works she had. so do a few other agency models. but they don't get work because of MM, they get their work thru agencies. there are a lot of agency models won't be on MM or OMP. how do we compare them then? yes, this is a useless thread and thank you for making more useless.

I mentioned that I also gave Jessalyn my vote.

What I was trying to point out is that you can't know who is the best for the entire year having not been on this site for the whole year, and that you are not aware of how many models got good enough in the first part of the year that they don't have to spend as much time posting.

Also, if you look at my list of photographers on my 'other' site, you will see that most of the photographers I have worked with in the last 6 months have been from mm. I have made connections and shot with James Graham, Surfinbird, Dave Levingston, oldguys rule, Aeric Gougin, marksora, Brian Diaz, urbanroom, Paul Ward, D Brian Nelson and many others in the last 6 months. All through mm. When I say playing, I mean that here is where I meet most of my
non monetary exchanges. I have collected prints from most of these artists, and they are all worth more than 300 dollars. Not that money or prints are criteria, but you are talking about non traditional models. Also, your assumption that most mm models are 5'8" and size 4 on this site is completely inaccurate. As a moderator on my photographer portfolio, I have done several thousand approval denials, and most models do NOT fit the landbased fashion agency requirements. I am sorry that you feel I have ruined your thread, but even based on your rules, there are a lot of less well known models that have done very well here.

However, having met and shot with Jessalyn, who has indeed quickly risen in the last 4 months, I also give her my vote. So we do agree on some things. Sincerely, Lapis (mod webspinner)

Jan 04 07 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Lapis wrote:
. . . there are a lot of less well known models that have done very well here.

that's the other reason why i stated this thread. read my replies. . .

so, we agreed on more than one thing. let's move on. smile

Jan 04 07 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

Los Angeles, California, US

I nominate SnakeBabe - and she hasn't even joined . . .

. . . yet!

Jan 05 07 02:11 am Link

Model

MelissaBaker

New York, New York, US

Leo Chan wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes Leo I do get most of my work for the last few months through my agency BUT--like it says on my MM page it was because of the MM photogs and networking through them that got me my very first agency this year smile All of my photos used to get into the agency came from MM photogs. Because of being on MM another agency that I am with now( and LOVE THEM )they seen pics that were from MM and got ahold of me. It was a photog on here (Eric S) that actually helped them find out my contact info to reach me. Without a doubt, without MM I would NOT be with my agency and had the opportunitys that Ive had so far.My only regret is that this last year has been so crazy there were still several photogs I wanted to work with that now Im so busy I dont know if that will happen. Im also never going to get that stinking 1000 posts TShirt from Tyler! lol smile
Yes, there's alot of people that get mad and get into fights on here sometimes but overall MM has been a wonderful place to network, meet very nice and TALENTED people (photogs and dont forget the MUA's and fashion). I am now at a point where my agency has been wanting me off of MM to let them have full control but Ive been dragging my feet because I hate to loose touch with all my MM friends. This last year has been like a crazy dream and who knows where this year will end up but it's been FUN. All I want to say to all the models that read this is dont think this place is a waste of time, it's a great place to start and to get good information and a chance to work with great talent. Ignore anyone who tells you different. It got me a wonderful agency and several campaigns-And like Ive said a million times to all those Ive been lucky to work with, help guide me and teach me alot about the business THANKS AGAIN. Be sure to keep in touch with my regular email.
Thanks everybody!

Jan 05 07 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

MelissaBaker wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes Leo I do get most of my work for the last few months through my agency BUT--like it says on my MM page it was because of the MM photogs and networking through them that got me my very first agency this year smile All of my photos used to get into the agency came from MM photogs. Because of being on MM another agency that I am with now( and LOVE THEM )they seen pics that were from MM and got ahold of me. It was a photog on here (Eric S) that actually helped them find out my contact info to reach me. Without a doubt, without MM I would NOT be with my agency and had the opportunitys that Ive had so far.My only regret is that this last year has been so crazy there were still several photogs I wanted to work with that now Im so busy I dont know if that will happen. Im also never going to get that stinking 1000 posts TShirt from Tyler! lol smile
Yes, there's alot of people that get mad and get into fights on here sometimes but overall MM has been a wonderful place to network, meet very nice and TALENTED people (photogs and dont forget the MUA's and fashion). I am now at a point where my agency has been wanting me off of MM to let them have full control but Ive been dragging my feet because I hate to loose touch with all my MM friends. This last year has been like a crazy dream and who knows where this year will end up but it's been FUN. All I want to say to all the models that read this is dont think this place is a waste of time, it's a great place to start and to get good information and a chance to work with great talent. Ignore anyone who tells you different. It got me a wonderful agency and several campaigns-And like Ive said a million times to all those Ive been lucky to work with, help guide me and teach me alot about the business THANKS AGAIN. Be sure to keep in touch with my regular email.
Thanks everybody!

Hi Melissa, yeah, I recall the conversation I had with lll about you. I didn't know all these happen this year! Wow, great success indeed. smile You and Jessalyn have a lot in common and a lot of differences. I think the common things are those that make both of you successful. How about that Eric S. dude? Both of you worked with him. wink

Jan 05 07 11:08 pm Link

Model

MelissaBaker

New York, New York, US

Eric S is Wonderful of course- VERY talented. The day I shot with him I wasn't feeling well and always wanted another shot at it... We are friends so maybe someday ! Yes, it's been an amazing year Leo.I've been REALLY blessed.

Jan 05 07 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

MelissaBaker wrote:
Eric S is Wonderful of course- VERY talented. The day I shot with him I wasn't feeling well and always wanted another shot at it... We are friends so maybe someday ! Yes, it's been an amazing year Leo.I've been REALLY blessed.

It would sad to see you leave MM one day. . .

I started this thread in hope of encouraging newbies to follow the path you and Jessalyn took: work hard, have the right attitude and be fun to be around. I don't know how many of them are actually reading this. . .

I won't be discouraged by the few negative comments made in this thread. I am sure hope that there will be another successful story (or two) in 2007 at MM. wink Cheers.

Jan 06 07 12:22 am Link

Photographer

BCADULTART

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I have to add a vote for Giselle

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=33226

She is a "PRO"

Jan 06 07 12:31 am Link