Forums > General Industry > Where are the models who do nudity?

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

So let me get this straight...

You want models who look like Playboy Playmates (Supposedly the best of the best)
You want them to take off some of their clothes
You want to profit by selling the images to a website(s?)
You don't want to pay them to travel
You don't want to pay them what other girls who meet your criteria are asking

I could maybe see it if you were offering some images that were like world class cool (as 2-3 MM members currently are), but otherwise...why should they.

Your photos are good, but I don't see what the model would be getting out of this deal besides a little bit of cash (and here in CA, less than $40-50 an hour CLOTHED is pocket change). If you were offering them some WAY COOL images in a style that no one else possibly could, (like Jeffrey Scott for instance) you might be able to pull this off. The thing is, like amateur models...guys sho can shoot good topless photos are a dime a dozen here in CA. You have to offer something above and beyond, OR pay the going rate if you want much choice in models.

Of course, I'm just a makeup artist and this is just my $.02

Dec 27 06 01:29 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

And a quick hug to Rich...
He gets the point...

Dec 27 06 02:06 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

OOh, a hug from Iona...I'll take that any day! Woohoo!

Dec 27 06 02:27 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

MrE Creations wrote:
Bashing my work with that shit you call a "portfolio" is pretty funny. Why dont you acquire some basic lighting skills first before judging others work.

Someone tells you a truth you don't want to hear - that your work is not good enough to get top-quality models to work with you for the low rates you're willing to offer - and so you attack him. Very nice. The thing is, the quality of SayCheeZ's portfolio isn't relevant to this discussion, since he isn't starting threads bitching and whining about how he can't get flawless, body-mod-free 18-24-year-olds to get naked for him for chump change - YOU are.

You won't pay for travel for anyone, even if it would cost you less than the hourly rate you claim to be offering. (Or is it $200 for the whole shoot, not per hour?)
You won't accept anyone outside your very narrow range of "acceptable" age.
You won't accept anyone with any kind of tattoo or body piercing - good luck with that, by the way; I would guess that at least half of my offers for paid topless/nude work relate directly to my lack of body mods, as apparently it is VERY difficult to find young women who don't have any at all and are willing to do nudes.
You seem to want girls who have pretty much every marketable quality imaginable for a glamour model - young but 18+, beautiful face, perfect figure, no modifications, willing to do nudes - to happily pose for website content (ew) for way, way less money than they would make anywhere else.
And then you start insulting people when they point out how completely unrealistic you're being?
Maybe you should, as it's been suggested, try another website - I know that if I were a model who fit your extremely finicky criteria and I saw these threads, I would be repelled from working with you. You aren't making friends here; maybe try Craig's List?

Dec 27 06 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Catriona wrote:
Someone tells you a truth you don't want to hear - that your work is not good enough to get top-quality models to work with you for the low rates you're willing to offer.
You won't pay for travel for anyone, even if it would cost you less than the hourly rate you claim to be offering. (Or is it $200 for the whole shoot, not per hour?)

You seem to want girls who have pretty much every marketable quality imaginable for a glamour model - young but 18+, beautiful face, perfect figure, no modifications, willing to do nudes - to happily pose for website content (ew) for way, way less money than they would make anywhere else.

And then you start insulting people when they point out how completely unrealistic you're being?

The OP sounds more GWC than Pro doesn't it?  LMAO!

Oh wait, forgot he shoots with a Digital Rebel...he's Pro for sure! 

LMAO!

Oh I love this place!

Dec 27 06 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
If you are looking for a "Playboy quality model" at a 'TFP' rate... maybe you should become a "Playboy quality photographer" first.

MrE Creations wrote:
Bashing my work with that shit you call a "portfolio" is pretty funny. Why dont you acquire some basic lighting skills first before judging others work.

Catriona's right, but there's other things she didn't mention.

1. The claim wasn't bashing your work; it was stating you weren't a "Playboy quality photographer"--which is fairly clear. One can certainly be quite good and not "Playboy quality", just as one could be horrible (and still not "Playboy quality".

2. Your response was an ad hominem attack (aka bashing), in that it made an irrelevant statement about the person making the comment to try to make it sound as though their opinion was of less value. (It's demonstrably irrelevant unless you insist your own clients have "basic lighting skills" before they can pay (judge) your work.)

Catriona wrote:
Someone tells you a truth you don't want to hear - that your work is not good enough to get top-quality models to work with you for the low rates you're willing to offer - and so you attack him. Very nice. The thing is, the quality of SayCheeZ's portfolio isn't relevant to this discussion, since he isn't starting threads bitching and whining about how he can't get flawless, body-mod-free 18-24-year-olds to get naked for him for chump change - YOU are.

Dec 27 06 10:51 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

Looks like I found the REAL reason Mr. Bell - oops, I mean "Mr. E" - wants young, cheap models.

Because he's hoping they won't do research and discover that he was previously repeatedly banned, perhaps?

Dec 28 06 03:48 am Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Catriona wrote:
Looks like I found the REAL reason Mr. Bell - oops, I mean "Mr. E" - wants young, cheap models.

Because he's hoping they won't do research and discover that he was previously repeatedly banned, perhaps?

I think I smell a rat.

Dec 28 06 10:35 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

?

Dec 28 06 03:33 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

BodyPainter Rich  wrote:
So let me get this straight...

You want to profit by selling the images to a website(s?)

whoa...I must have missed that....

yeah- you need to shell out more money or design one hell of a release to get someone to agree to that...and have her be "playboy" quality.

Dec 28 06 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

San Francisco Nudes

Novato, California, US

Catriona wrote:
I would guess that at least half of my offers for paid topless/nude work relate directly to my lack of body mods, as apparently it is VERY difficult to find young women who don't have any at all and are willing to do nudes.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but clearly there's a big overlap between college aged gals who have some little tattoos or whatever somewhere and the ones who are interested in posing nude - especially the ones who are interested in art, which doesn't really apply to this thread.

A couple of years ago it was belly button rings.  Now all those shots already look a bit dated.

Hair styles - both above and below - of course change a great deal as well.  One likes to think that if you build a nice library of images you can sell the real keepers for years but it's sometimes hard to guess what will seem dated.  I think there's a lot of photographers with a long term perspective who are willing to pay a bit extra for folks with more of a timeless look.

Dec 28 06 06:41 pm Link

Model

Angela Morrison

Los Angeles, California, US

sorry it's not with a press of a button to get a model... lol.

Dec 28 06 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Daniela V wrote:
Too bad...given I've got one of the last sets of real C cup breasts. OH well.

That has to be one of the funniest things I've read on Model Mayhem! Too true, too. wink

Dec 28 06 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

BodyPainter Rich  wrote:

Catriona wrote:

I think I smell a rat.

It's not a rat that you smell, it's MrE, Mystery, bad play on words... but you found his space online alright.  I do remember him being banned what's up with that?

I didn't know they let him back in, he must have...(insert your imagination here)...one of the moderators.

As large as the Photography/Model community is, it's just as small...

Dec 28 06 07:34 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

Hamza wrote:
It's not a rat that you smell, it's MrE, Mystery, bad play on words... but you found his space online alright.  I do remember him being banned what's up with that?

I didn't know they let him back in, he must have...(insert your imagination here)...one of the moderators.

He sent me a threatening message accusing me of "libel" (how am I making false claims when anyone can visit his site and plainly see the same photos, I wonder?) and claiming the mods would ban me, which I reported. Now he's banned AGAIN. Oopsie!

Dec 28 06 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

d artiste provocateur

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Nudity!!!!!??????????

The nerve.

Dec 28 06 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Angie Kathleen wrote:
sorry it's not with a press of a button to get a model... lol.

Well damn.
I'm in the wrong business.  sad

Dec 28 06 08:14 pm Link

Model

Adieu

Casting section is full of 'em.

Dec 28 06 08:17 pm Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

Traveling U-rop   big_smile

Dec 29 06 05:50 am Link

Photographer

exotic female model

West Milford, New Jersey, US

FREE MODEL DIRECTORY AND PHOTO CONTEST/ FREE SITE PASS
Make yourself standout in the niche of modeling you have chosen, join a SPECIALTY WEB SITE !!
Hi, My name is Randy I am the photographer and webmaster for www.exoticfemalemodelsearch.com which is a web site designed as a online directory exclusively for models who are willing to shoot projects that include all of the following categories SWIMSUIT, LINGERIE, GLAMOUR, IMPLIED NUDES, ARTISTIC NUDES AND NUDES. To promote our Web site we run an online contest called "EXOTIC FEMALE MODEL DIRECTORY AND PHOTO CONTEST" where models compete for a grand prize of a custom built self promotion web site or a cash prize for $400.00 awarded once a month and at the same time promote themselves or their web site to photo studios, amateur and professional photographers. The web site was designed as a online portfolio for ONLY EXOTIC FEMALE MODELS, where you can add as many photos and galleries as you like. It is cheesecake, glamour and playboy like. BUT IT IS MY GOAL TO KEEP IT CLASSY AND EXCLUSIVE, SO I MANAGE ALL PHOTOS AND TEXT BEING ADD TO THE SITE MYSELF. WHICH MEANS MY SITE IS GOING TO STAY SMALL AND VERY SELECTIVE! What it takes to join is to submit a group of 10 photos of yourself only, dressed anyway you would feel comfortable!  Please check our site out at www.exoticfemalemodelsearch.com ! Here is the free username and password  ( standout ) Best wishes, Randy   

NEW SITE FOR JUST WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ! WORKING ON ADDING NEW GIRLS EVERYDAY!! RANDY

Dec 29 06 06:09 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

exotic female model wrote:
Make yourself standout in the niche of modeling you have chosen, join a SPECIALTY WEB SITE !!
Hi, My name is Randy I am the photographer and webmaster for xxxxxxx which is a web site designed as a online directory exclusively for models who are willing to shoot projects that include all of the following categories SWIMSUIT, LINGERIE, GLAMOUR, IMPLIED NUDES, ARTISTIC NUDES AND NUDES. To promote our Web site we run an online contest called "EXOTIC FEMALE MODEL DIRECTORY AND PHOTO CONTEST" where models compete for a grand prize of a custom built self promotion web site or a cash prize for $400.00 awarded once a month and at the same time promote themselves or their web site to photo studios, amateur and professional photographers. The web site was designed as a online portfolio for ONLY EXOTIC FEMALE MODELS, where you can add as many photos and galleries as you like. It is cheesecake, glamour and playboy like. BUT IT IS MY GOAL TO KEEP IT CLASSY AND EXCLUSIVE, SO I MANAGE ALL PHOTOS AND TEXT BEING ADD TO THE SITE MYSELF. WHICH MEANS MY SITE IS GOING TO STAY SMALL AND VERY SELECTIVE! What it takes to join is to submit a group of 10 photos of yourself only, dressed anyway you would feel comfortable!  Please check our site out at xxxxxxxxxx ! Here is the free username and password  ( standout ) Best wishes, Randy   

NEW SITE FOR JUST WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ! WORKING ON ADDING NEW GIRLS EVERYDAY!! RANDY

Your first post on MM and ya give us this spam???

Dec 29 06 06:13 am Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

Hi, My name is Randy I am the photographer and webmaster for www.exoticfemalemodelsearch.com which is a web site designed as a online directory exclusively for models who are willing to shoot projects that include all of the following categories SWIMSUIT, LINGERIE, GLAMOUR, IMPLIED NUDES, ARTISTIC NUDES AND NUDES. To promote our Web site we run an online contest called "EXOTIC FEMALE MODEL DIRECTORY AND PHOTO CONTEST" where models compete for a grand prize of a custom built self promotion web site or a cash prize for $400.00 awarded once a month and at the same time promote themselves or their web site to photo studios, amateur and professional photographers. The web site was designed as a online portfolio for ONLY EXOTIC FEMALE MODELS, where you can add as many photos and galleries as you like. It is cheesecake, glamour and playboy like. BUT IT IS MY GOAL TO KEEP IT CLASSY AND EXCLUSIVE, SO I MANAGE ALL PHOTOS AND TEXT BEING ADD TO THE SITE MYSELF. WHICH MEANS MY SITE IS GOING TO STAY SMALL AND VERY SELECTIVE! What it takes to join is to submit a group of 10 photos of yourself only, dressed anyway you would feel comfortable!  Please check our site out at www.exoticfemalemodelsearch.com ! Here is the free username and password  ( standout ) Best wishes, Randy   

What is this doing here?

Dec 29 06 06:13 am Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

These people also mailed this directly to my inbox. WTF?

Dec 29 06 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Maybe they are new and just don't know any better?  Has someone suggested that a mod explain it to them?

Dec 29 06 01:18 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:
Maybe they are new and just don't know any better?  Has someone suggested that a mod explain it to them?

and they're gone.

Dec 29 06 01:19 pm Link

Model

Madrid

Venice, California, US

Artistic nude model here...

Dec 29 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Catriona wrote:

Hamza wrote:

He sent me a threatening message accusing me of "libel" (how am I making false claims when anyone can visit his site and plainly see the same photos, I wonder?) and claiming the mods would ban me, which I reported. Now he's banned AGAIN. Oopsie!

I can't believe he's banned again!  He was the Pro I looked up to!  LMAO!

Dec 30 06 08:30 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Daniela V wrote:

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

and they're gone.

The mods are all over that one!  Record time too!  I'm impressed!

Dec 30 06 08:30 am Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

There's a saying:  you get what you pay for.  If you want Playboy style models, you have to pay Playboy style rates.  At the very least, you have to be willing to accept dumping a couple of hundred an hour at them.  When I first got into shooting bondage, another bondage photog told me that I might have to expect to pay at least $100 an hour for a shoot.  That hasn't been strictly true--a lot have gone $75 an hour for topless--but on occassion one shows up with the $100 an hour rate--or more.  And you simply have to decide if you want to pay the rate to get the content or not.

Truth to tell, I doubt the OP was interested in hearing that.  In fact, I rather doubt the OP was interested in anyone's advice, he simply wanted something to complain about.  All too many people aren't interested in answers, they're interested in self-pity.

Dec 30 06 09:33 am Link

Photographer

Davis Images

Tampa, Florida, US

If you want nude models, I suggest hiring adult models. It's much easier to ask them to pose nude than it is for a "regular" model.

Dec 31 06 04:17 pm Link