Forums > General Industry > Any body else sick of...

Photographer

SHAMAYIM PHOTOGRAPHY

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Philip Forrest wrote:
Models who have nothing but point & shoot camera shots taken by the model themselves at the end of arms reach, and THEN have the audacity to say "contact me for rates"??  I understand taking a few snaps of a face in order to get a look on the site, but until a model has a few solid photo shoots under their belt, I don't think they can reasonably ask for compensation aside from test prints or a CD.
Opinions?

ABSOLUTLY AGREE WITH YOU
especially all the models who have candid photos on their page and have the audacity to put "professional model not PAID SHOOTS ONLY" makes me ponder what would they all do if the true professional or true talented photographers decided they no longer shoot for free and told them "NO TFCD contact me for rates" they would be left with the Guys with grandmas kodac easy share camera that tell them to throw on a thong and booty over spread eagle. Photographers are artist and should be respected for our craft, many of us see things in a way that no one else can or does which makes our service PRICELESS

Dec 14 06 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Philip Forrest wrote:
Models who have nothing but point & shoot camera shots taken by the model themselves at the end of arms reach, and THEN have the audacity to say "contact me for rates"??  I understand taking a few snaps of a face in order to get a look on the site, but until a model has a few solid photo shoots under their belt, I don't think they can reasonably ask for compensation aside from test prints or a CD.
Opinions?

I see you're new here.......you'll get used to it!

Dec 14 06 09:53 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Jay Bowman wrote:

Cripes.

Imagine that, a model who actually thinks her look is worth paying for.  What's this world coming to.  What next... agency models who get booked for work with nothing but polaroids? 

Wait...

LOL! I was thinking the same thing.  https://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif

Dec 16 06 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

I can argue it both ways. If a client paid me to produce a photo, I would be hesitant to hire a model with only cell phone photos on her portfolio. I'd want to know how she does with lighting all around her, a MUA, hairstylist and photographer she just met and a camera capturing her images. The client pays good money and doesn't want a model who is nervous at her first shoot. I might be willing to do a test shoot with a model who only has cell phone photos to see how well she would work out.

Does this mean anyone with phone photos should not try and make some money? Not neccesarily. Let them try. The market will determine whether or not they will make it.

It is certainly no weirder than some of the things people try to sell (and buy) on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Can-of-Frie … dZViewItem

Vintage Can of Fried Bumble Bees $25
http://cgi.ebay.com/I-WILL-MARRY-YOU-IF … dZViewItem
Marriage $1000

Dec 16 06 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Is someone going to post the links to the other 768 threads that have the exact same question and responses?

Dec 16 06 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Craig Thomson wrote:
Q: Any body else sick of...

A: No, I like to shoot.

I agree 100%. Especially if it is a model in college using snapshots to expose herself. Hey what's $20.00 an hour to help her through school?

Dec 16 06 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

GLB Graphics wrote:

I agree 100%. Especially if it is a model in college using snapshots to expose herself. Hey what's $20.00 an hour to help her through school?

$20/hr is gas in my/your tank.
$20/hr is lunch after the exhausting shoot.
$20/hr is a couple of pair new panties for said model to wear next shoot.
and so on...

Dec 16 06 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

$20/hr is gas in my/your tank.
$20/hr is lunch after the exhausting shoot.
$20/hr is a couple of pair new panties for said model to wear next shoot.
and so on...

$20/hr is also the opportunity to find new talent...

Dec 16 06 08:08 pm Link