Photographer

Scott Ballinger

Ogden, Utah, US

I swear, if I see one more pic with wings I'm going to explode. That and the belt across the chest thing are getting so cliche.

PLEASE!!!! No more

Dec 14 06 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

I believe that there was a thread just a couple of days ago griping about this very issue. I agree though.

Dec 14 06 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Ballinger

Ogden, Utah, US

haven't read the forums in awhile

Dec 14 06 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Beach

Charleston, South Carolina, US

about as cliche as selective coloring and diffuse glow, but you've got both of those in your portfolio. Live and let live.

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

https://www.hemsida.net/foodobsessed/images/wings.jpg

Did you just explode?

Photographer

Scott Ballinger

Ogden, Utah, US

Frog516 wrote:

Did you just explode?

HA! ok you got me there.

Dec 14 06 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

bitchin' about cliche's is cliche.

Dec 14 06 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Ballinger

Ogden, Utah, US

Beach wrote:
about as cliche as selective coloring and diffuse glow, but you've got both of those in your portfolio. Live and let live.

Isn't there a difference between a style and a concept.... maybe not. You could be right.

Dec 14 06 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

https://img3.modelmayhem.com/060207/08/43e8adb863c2a.jpg

I'm wondering what sort of mess is on your monitor now that you've exploded.

Dec 14 06 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Just Shoot Me Photograp

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

Frog516 wrote:

Did you just explode?

Depends on how hot they are i have had some so hot my butt exploded.

Dec 14 06 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

Shadowscape Studio

MARCELL, Minnesota, US

Wings, cloth across the face below the eyes, rose petals on the model (in a tub or in a bed), models with guns, oiled skin that looks like a basted turkey,  nudes with high heels, they all fit into the category of the bird on the feeder shot through the kitchen window.  Please!  No more of them.  They have been done to death, and they still keep coming.
Yes, each to his own...just don't make the rest of us have to look at it.

Dec 14 06 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Maki

Tallahassee, Florida, US

i have two pix with wings tongue

Dec 14 06 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Shadowscape Studio

MARCELL, Minnesota, US

David Maki wrote:
i have two pix with wings tongue

Good for you.  I have my wisdom teeth still.  I won't show you my wisdom teeth, please don't show me your pics with wings.

Dec 14 06 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

Midnight Imaging

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

Why do people get so deeply bothered about these things?  We all encounter pictures or themes on this site that we don’t care for, but why do some people’s sense of disgust run so deep that they have to start yet another thread about it?

After all, they are just pictures, harmless pictures that don’t matter a bit in the larger sense.

Dec 14 06 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Shadowscape Studio

MARCELL, Minnesota, US

Midnight Imaging wrote:
Why do people get so deeply bothered about these things?  We all encounter pictures or themes on this site that we don’t care for, but why do some people’s sense of disgust run so deep that they have to start yet another thread about it?

After all, they are just pictures, harmless pictures that don’t matter a bit in the larger sense.

Because they are repeats of repeats of repeats.  Like the girl and the car.  Where is the originality?  When did we loose the ability to think for ourselves and come up with something new?  Maybe that is why there are only a handful of well known photographers out there and a gizzilion copy cats.  If you want to be a copy cat fine, just don't waste my time.

Dec 14 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Beach

Shadowscape Studio wrote:
Because that are repeats of repeats of repeats.  Like the girl and the car.  Where is the originality?  When did we loose the ability to think for ourselves and come up with something new?  Maybe that is why there are only a handful of well known photographers out there and a gizzilion copy cats.  If you want to be a copy cat fine, just don't waste my time.

Good to see you're the first to do the nude in nature.

Dec 14 06 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

Shadowscape Studio

MARCELL, Minnesota, US

For 35 years little boy.  Who is the copy cat?

Dec 14 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Beach

For 35 years little boy.  Who is the copy cat?

https://hdelboy.club.fr/aphrodite_2.jpg

my point is that nothing is truly original. Get over yourself. Old man.

Dec 14 06 02:45 pm Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

I like my angel wing picture so tongue

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/CPuccia33/cristina-angel-web-02.jpg

Dec 14 06 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Photeaux 4

San Antonio, Florida, US

ballfoto wrote:
I swear, if I see one more pic with wings I'm going to explode. That and the belt across the chest thing are getting so cliche.

PLEASE!!!! No more

https://static.flickr.com/122/253761137_d786ac1f31_m.jpg

Dec 14 06 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

Midnight Imaging

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

Because they are repeats of repeats of repeats.  Like the girl and the car.  Where is the originality?  When did we loose the ability to think for ourselves and come up with something new?  Maybe that is why there are only a handful of well known photographers out there and a gizzilion copy cats.  If you want to be a copy cat fine, just don't waste my time.

Considering that many, many billions of photos have been made in the history of photography, there really are no new or unique ideas that have never been done before.

I think that if a survey were done of all pictures with models, the classic fashion and artistic poses would be the ones that are done over and over again.  These are everywhere on all model sites.  But yet the one in a thousand picture with wings really sends some people flying off the handle.  Yes, the prop has been used before, but each picture with wings is unique, just as each shot of a runway model is unique.

So what if people copy ideas?  If you think that you don’t, then that should be good for you.  If you make pictures with 100% original ideas, then that should give you an advantage over people who reuse ideas.  So why complain about a situation that is giving you an advantage?

Dec 14 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Shadowscape Studio

MARCELL, Minnesota, US

Beach wrote:

https://hdelboy.club.fr/aphrodite_2.jpg

my point is that nothing is truly original. Get over yourself. Old man.

Yep, you would think that is close to what I do.    You probably think that is a photograph too.   Come back when you are all grown up and we will talk.

Dec 14 06 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

Beach

Yep, you would think that is close to what I do.    You probably think that is a photograph too.   Come back when you are all grown up and we will talk.

An impotent response from a man no doubt suffering from the same condition.

Dec 14 06 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Beach

I'll beat you to it...

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Dec 14 06 02:57 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Beach wrote:

Exactly. Everyone does cliches...and everyone needs to stop whining about them.

Dec 14 06 03:02 pm Link

Model

Adieu

Explode!!!!

https://img5.modelmayhem.com/061204/09/4574423fcc732.jpg

Dec 14 06 03:04 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Hey...you know what I want to see people stop doing? Taking ugly pictures. They're a hell of a lot more offensive to my eyes. And everyone stop fighting about who's original and who's not. Damn. You're like little emo kids. "I listened to them before they got big. They're sell outs now."

Dec 14 06 03:06 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Monica Jay wrote:
Explode!!!!

https://img5.modelmayhem.com/061204/09/4574423fcc732.jpg

I must say though...I find that particular type of wings hideous. I keep seeing them and I can't figure out why. It looks like a bear got into some wire and someone decided to put black nylons over it.

Dec 14 06 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Digiography

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

I alway enjoy a good spontaneous human explosion episode.

Dec 14 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

https://img5.modelmayhem.com/061121/21/4563c9555e2e8.jpg

This is one my buddy (Summit Studios), out in Colorado did. Doesn't look too cliche to me.

Dec 14 06 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Shadowscape Studio

MARCELL, Minnesota, US

Beach wrote:
I'll beat you to it...

"I know you are, but what am I?"

An idiot.

Dec 14 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

I've taken pictures of models with wings and dammit I'll do it again. I know, I'm such a bastard. I think there's a huge difference between doing a cliche shot and doing a cliche shot well. Everything I've done has been done before, but hey -- I'm ok with that. Shooting nudes in nature has been done long before Shadowscape was born -- so what? I shoot nudes in nature all the time. And I shoot Goths in cemeteries and industrial area, I shoot flowers for christ sake! Flowers...? Talk about a damn cliche!

Anyway, my point is I think we need to strive to take the best photos possible. Every genre of photography has images that make me want to puke, but every now and again there's a photo that just blows my mind. And some of these are cliches. If we were to stop shooting everything that's been done before we might as well stop drawing, writing, photographing, composing, painting... well, we should stop stop creating altogether. And I think that would really suck.

If you're going to do a cliche try to do it well. And believe me, it's possible. I've seen it.

-P-

Krap! I hope I don't get tossed into the brig for calling myself a bastard...!

Dec 14 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

MMDesign wrote:
This is one my buddy (Summit Studios), out in Colorado did. Doesn't look too cliche to me.

Now this is what I'm talking about -- this is an awesome image.

Take that you cliche naysayers! Neener neener!

Dec 14 06 03:16 pm Link

Model

Adieu

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

I must say though...I find that particular type of wings hideous. I keep seeing them and I can't figure out why. It looks like a bear got into some wire and someone decided to put black nylons over it.

I really don't like them very much either. They rip easily, they are uncomfortable, and the straps are ugly. Plus, EVERYONE HAS THEM. I guess it's just beause they're cheap. I had a set with real feathers, but I thought these suited the picture better.

Dec 14 06 03:17 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

An idiot.

That's classy.

Dec 14 06 03:21 pm Link

Model

Alix Andrea

Los Angeles, California, US

MMDesign wrote:

Wings on a guy... original. And thats a nice ass pic.

Dec 14 06 03:22 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

MMDesign wrote:

that's a great image, shows you can take a cliche in concept and make a totally original and outstanding photo.

Dec 14 06 03:22 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Monica Jay wrote:

I really don't like them very much either. They rip easily, they are uncomfortable, and the straps are ugly. Plus, EVERYONE HAS THEM. I guess it's just beause they're cheap. I had a set with real feathers, but I thought these suited the picture better.

I dunno...lol...I don't see any reason for there to be wings in the shot...I'm just looking for an excuse to have those particular wings banned from ever being made again...lol...ugh. I just hate them.

Dec 14 06 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

James Andrew Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Why can't people just let photographers and models be content to find their own way? If they want to shoot angel wings, caution tape, etc etc - why should you care?

Seriously - people starting these threads must have a hidden motivation. I can't imagine it would be anything other than to offer self congratulations for what they feel are the most creative bits of work we've ever seen, and therefore they have free license to spout what is art and what is not.

Get over it.  There are going to be people coming up the pike that are going to repeat every single concept thats ever been done.  Along the way they may come up with something new.  Let them discover, let them grow. 

Remember where you are, folks. This is an internet site which offers a place for amateurs and pros alike to show their work. If you can't deal with that, then this isn't the place for you.

Dec 14 06 03:24 pm Link

Model

Alix Andrea

Los Angeles, California, US

Avicdar wrote:
Why can't people just let photographers and models be content to find their own way? If they want to shoot angel wings, caution tape, etc etc - why should you care?

Seriously - people starting these threads must have a hidden motivation. I can't imagine it would be anything other than to offer self congratulations for what they feel are the most creative bits of work we've ever seen, and therefore they have free license to spout what is art and what is not.

Get over it.  There are going to be people coming up the pike that are going to repeat every single concept thats ever been done.  Along the way they may come up with something new.  Let them discover, let them grow. 

Remember where you are, folks. This is an internet site which offers a place for amateurs and pros alike to show their work. If you can't deal with that, then this isn't the place for you.

Well said.

Dec 14 06 03:26 pm Link