Forums > Contests > Goodbye. Farewell. And amen.

Photographer

Fall River Photo

Salinas, California, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/48183227

I apparently emphasized Charlottes genitals - which are not visible in this image, nor is she posed in a way that would display her genitals except for intervening fabric, etc. - but I did violate another new rule, it seems.

Thank you, but I'm not sure who the site, much less the forums, are intended to serve. The target consumer doesn't seem to be working and/or aspiring photographers, models, and other creatives any longer.

I have a couple of last entries in the queue, if they find themselves in that rare and strange territory of acceptability. Of course, they're likely to be "too NSFW for POTD" and "not enough NSFW to get votes in POTD 18+."

No longer fun. And by no means educational when even the disinformation is inconsistent.

Yours,
Bill

Jan 20 24 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Erin Koski

Ojai, California, US

As mentioned in a previous post here, labia are genitals, and labia are visible in the image you linked.  Also her legs are wider than we allow with genitals visible.  These are the reasons the image was disqualified from the contest.

Jan 20 24 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

Fall River Photo

Salinas, California, US

Erin Koski wrote:
As mentioned in a previous post here, labia are genitals, and labia are visible in the image you linked.  Also her legs are wider than we allow with genitals visible.  These are the reasons the image was disqualified from the contest.

I don't think you and I took the same English and/or anatomy classes. Yes, all labia are genitals. But not all genitals are labia. Visible in this image: the portion of Charlotte's vulva properly labeled her mons pubis. No cleft, and therefore no labia. And I went back to the original on the hard-drive and zoomed in closely (300% on the 17-inch laptop screen on which I'm currently working.) on the 11.2 MB/4000x6016 pixel jpeg. (I'm not currently connected to the external hard-drive on which the RAW original resides.)

From professional observation by this photographer of this model, Charlotte's labial cleft begins well "south" of the mons pubis that in this image entirely obscures the upper limit of the labia majora which in turn (usually) obscure her labia minora from other angles in images not currently under discussion.

As has been noted here repeatedly, the application of the rules is inconsistent and moderators' extrapolations beyond them seem arbitrary. I would add that an understanding of the terminology essential to clarity in communication is sadly lacking.

The remaining question to those reading the forum and abandoning the POTD/POTD18+ contests: where might one find some inspiring, critical, and consistent interactions among a community posting similar imagery?

Yours,
Bill

Jan 20 24 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Erin Koski

Ojai, California, US

You and I are in agreement that not all genitals are labia.   I am able to see some cleft in the shadow.  I believe that some of the model's right labia major is visible.  I was not the only mod on the image-review team that saw this. 

I understand you see it differently. 

I would suggest any image one wants to submit to the contest where a model's legs are open/knees far apart, it would be good to check with the mod team before submitting.

Jan 20 24 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

David L. Stevens

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Fall River Photo wrote:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/48183227

I apparently emphasized Charlottes genitals - which are not visible in this image, nor is she posed in a way that would display her genitals except for intervening fabric, etc. - but I did violate another new rule, it seems.

Thank you, but I'm not sure who the site, much less the forums, are intended to serve. The target consumer doesn't seem to be working and/or aspiring photographers, models, and other creatives any longer.

I have a couple of last entries in the queue, if they find themselves in that rare and strange territory of acceptability. Of course, they're likely to be "too NSFW for POTD" and "not enough NSFW to get votes in POTD 18+."

No longer fun. And by no means educational when even the disinformation is inconsistent.

Yours,
Bill

You are absolutely right, this site sucks and is no longer a viable source for networking. The moderators are lazy and lack any customer service skillset other than to arbitrarily remove images. I will say that your moderator at least had the courtesy to try and explain his reasoning as weak as it may be.

This site is on life support.

Jan 22 24 04:02 am Link