Forums > Model Colloquy > Have you ever worked with NG Models? Just curious.

Photographer

Certain Exposures

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I received a message notifying me that they will have models available in my location soon.

However, they don't tag their photographers in any of their social posts (that I saw) so I haven't been able to track someone down to ask them about their experience working with that agency.

They expect a 50% deposit to book a model for a shoot. That's unlike my past agency experience.

http://ngmodelsagency.com

Jan 06 24 08:07 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

Certain Exposures wrote:
I received a message notifying me that they will have models available in my location soon.

However, they don't tag their photographers in any of their social posts (that I saw) so I haven't been able to track someone down to ask them about their experience working with that agency.

They expect a 50% deposit to book a model for a shoot. That's unlike my past agency experience.

Umm, I know of an international agency that will talk to me. I can ask about it later today if you like.

Jan 06 24 08:42 am Link

Photographer

Certain Exposures

Sure, please do if you have a moment!

Jan 06 24 08:45 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I can tell you right off the bat that the so called agency is either a scam, a fake, or simply unqualified.
The first 3 images of models show the models location as Miami.

In Florida, it's a FELONY to operate a talent agency without a special state license.
The category includes model agents, casting directors... etc.  Basically it's any third party that procures employment for performers or models.

It's also illegal to hire talent through an unlicensed agent.
The agency also must display their Florida Talent Agency license on all advertisements and business cards.
There is no such licensed agent by that name in FL.

More info/ Verify a license:
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/intent … 9&SID=
-----------------------

Another obvious tipoff is their ONLY contact information is a gmail address.
Would you seriously give money to ANYONE that doesn't provide more than a gmail address?

Jan 06 24 08:54 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Certain Exposures wrote:

If you received the message via Model Mayhem messaging please forward it to the moderators.

Jan 06 24 09:01 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

Certain Exposures wrote:
Sure, please do if you have a moment!

Best shoot me PM so I don't lose track of you. My contact is based in Paris and it may take some time for them to get back to me.

Jan 06 24 09:50 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

I look 'em over and few others in the industry looked as well. Not very good. A bit scammy. I would ignore.

Jan 06 24 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Rhea Monson

Walnut Grove, Alabama, US

Have no idea. depends on what you mean by NG . nice girls?, naughty girls? Northern guys?, nasty gnomes?
naked gals??????

Jan 06 24 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

What caught my eye was that the website has 2 modes, English or Russian...

Jan 06 24 03:11 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Rhea Monson wrote:
Have no idea. depends on what you mean by NG . nice girls?, naughty girls? Northern guys?, nasty gnomes?
naked gals??????

Certain Exposures wrote:

Jan 07 24 05:31 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

Take a look at their IG under the same logo.  See if any are yours.

Jan 07 24 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

They have one model in Los Angeles and she's represented by them. Was able to find her and she's also on Model Mayhem. She is pro and lines up those just starting out for fashion and she may not be scoring a ton of work.  She's five foot three. It appears to be rather than a total scam-an ambitious foray built on dreaming in some Moscow cafe, expanding to the usa and it just doesn't look that good for established or experienced photographers and may not be of great benefit to beginning photographers.

Jan 07 24 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Certain Exposures

Thanks everyone - a photographer I know vouched for them. I did not end up shooting with their model this time around because of an unrelated issue. I will update this thread when I do work with them.

Jan 17 24 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Gold Rush Studio

Sacramento, California, US

[email protected]

Well now, that's just too sus for me.

Jan 18 24 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

J Henry

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Certain Exposures wrote:

I wish I'd seen this sooner. 

I shot with NG Models about 9 or 10 times last year.  The models you're talking about crashed with me here in DC. I do not work for the agency, I am not associated with the agency.  But yes they are legit (and legal, wtf guys?).  I can probably answer questions if you have any.

Apr 15 24 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

http://ngmodelsagency.com/

There's nothing to indicate where they're from except the English/Russian mode option. They claim to be an international organisation, and they will apparently cover a model's air fares and expenses on assignments. Many of their models have Russian sounding names although their nationalities aren't stated. They seem to be mainly focused on the US and Europe although they claim to be able to organise photo shoots and workshops anywhere in the world. Do they have contacts in the Russian diplomatic service? I would expect a connection to the Russian state at some level, it's all a little cute really. Their English isn't too good though, not up to professional standards.

What exactly does NG stand for in this context I wonder? An NGO is a Non Government Organisation, NG stands for National Guard in the US.

Apr 17 24 04:40 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

JSouthworth wrote:

There's nothing to indicate where they're from except the English/Russian mode option. They claim to be an international organisation, and they will apparently cover a model's air fares and expenses on assignments. Many of their models have Russian sounding names although their nationalities aren't stated. They seem to be mainly focused on the US and Europe although they claim to be able to organise photo shoots and workshops anywhere in the world. Do they have contacts in the Russian diplomatic service? I would expect a connection to the Russian state at some level, it's all a little cute really. Their English isn't too good though, not up to professional standards.

What exactly does NG stand for in this context I wonder? An NGO is a Non Government Organisation, NG stands for National Guard in the US.

It's initials:  Nataliia Gaidysh.  You can Google her.  She's not Russian, she's Ukrainian.  Most of the models are.

Apr 17 24 08:48 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

J Henry wrote:
It's initials:  Nataliia Gaidysh.  You can Google her.  She's not Russian, she's Ukrainian.  Most of the models are.

In that case, why are the website language options English and Russian, En and Ru, rather than English and Ukrainian?

Ukrainian and Russian are different languages with features in common;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_language

Apr 18 24 04:15 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

This reminds me slightly of a movie;

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112782/?ref_=tttrv_ov

The idea of using models as intelligence operatives is a very obvious one and the basic theme of numerous movies including Andy Sidaris' series of films featuring the ladies of L.E.T.H.A.L (Legion to Ensure Total Harmony and Law). Not to mention The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.

Apr 18 24 04:30 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

JSouthworth wrote:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112782/?ref_=tttrv_ov

The idea of using models as intelligence operatives is a very obvious one and the basic theme of numerous movies including Andy Sidaris' series of films featuring the ladies of L.E.T.H.A.L (Legion to Ensure Total Harmony and Law). Not to mention The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.

It turns out that it was in fact this film I was thinking of, Return to Savage Beach with Shae Marks as Tiger;

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0127759/

These films are quite easy to confuse as they have quite a lot in common in terms of general concept and plot lines.

Apr 19 24 02:26 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

JSouthworth wrote:

In that case, why are the website language options English and Russian, En and Ru, rather than English and Ukrainian?

Ukrainian and Russian are different languages with features in common;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_language

Many Ukrainians speak both Russian and Ukrainian.  Keep in mind their parents are still old enough to remember the Soviet Union vividly.  It's my understanding that Russian is still a common business language in Eastern Europe.  It's probably why the have an English option as well, it's a common language for businesses.

Apr 19 24 04:57 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

J Henry wrote:
Many Ukrainians speak both Russian and Ukrainian.  Keep in mind their parents are still old enough to remember the Soviet Union vividly.  It's my understanding that Russian is still a common business language in Eastern Europe.  It's probably why the have an English option as well, it's a common language for businesses.

Given the present political situation you would think they would have English and Ukrainian as the language options, if they're Ukrainian and they don't want to appear pro-Russian. Possibly other languages as well; after all Russian is not that common in Western Europe or the US, and those are the geographic areas they seem to be focused on.

Apr 19 24 05:20 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

JSouthworth wrote:
Given the present political situation you would think they would have English and Ukrainian as the language options, if they're Ukrainian and they don't want to appear pro-Russian. Possibly other languages as well; after all Russian is not that common in Western Europe or the US, and those are the geographic areas they seem to be focused on.

Why don't you suggest that to them?  There's no need for speculation when we all have their contact information.

Apr 19 24 05:44 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

J Henry wrote:

Why don't you suggest that to them?  There's no need for speculation when we all have their contact information.

Why would I need to?

Apr 19 24 06:16 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

JSouthworth wrote:

Why would I need to?

You don't need to.  It seems more practical than assuming everyone is a spy.

Apr 19 24 06:17 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

J Henry wrote:
You don't need to.  It seems more practical than assuming everyone is a spy.

When did I say they were spies?

I said that I thought they might have contacts in the Russian diplomatic service.

Apr 19 24 06:20 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

JSouthworth wrote:

When did I say they were spies?

I wrote that I thought they might have contacts in the Russian diplomatic service.

And then you started talking about model-spy movies.  What difference am I missing between spies and Russian diplomatic services? 

It's fine if we're just here for fun.  But these aren't practical solutions to the original question.

Apr 19 24 06:23 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

J Henry wrote:
What difference am I missing between spies and Russian diplomatic services?

There's a large difference. Some of the people in Russian diplomatic missions are spies operating under diplomatic cover, but diplomatic missions also have other functions related to international trade and diplomacy.

Do NG models have an address in Ukraine?

Apr 19 24 06:26 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

JSouthworth wrote:
There's a large difference. Some of the people in Russian diplomatic missions are spies operating under diplomatic cover, but diplomatic missions also have other functions related to international trade and diplomacy.

Do NG models have an address in Ukraine?

Every Russian diplomat I've ever met was also a spy, so....

I know their managers are in Kyiv.  I don't know if they have an office address.  So much is online since many are refugees now.  It's just safer.  EDIT:  and of course COVID lockdown before the war.  The agency is 5 years old, so I'm not sure an office has ever been a good option.

Apr 19 24 06:31 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

J Henry wrote:
Every Russian diplomat I've ever met was also a spy, so....

I know their managers are in Kyiv.  I don't know if they have an office address.  So much is online since many are refugees now.  It's just safer.  EDIT:  and of course COVID lockdown before the war.  The agency is 5 years old, so I'm not sure an office has ever been a good option.

So you've met Russian diplomats? That's interesting. But you don't know where NG models have their main office, if they have a main office.

Were these diplomatic contacts related to modelling, or NG models specifically?

Apr 19 24 06:37 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

JSouthworth wrote:
So you've met Russian diplomats? That's interesting. But you don't know where NG models have their main office. Or if they have a main office.

If they have one it's in Kyiv, but I never thought to ask.  None of the freelance models I've worked with had offices, it has never been a problem.  NG Models show up on time, look like their photos, and put in the effort.  That's what matters to me.  Again, if you're worried about it you can ask them yourself. 

I went to a private college fairly close to DC.  I live near DC now.  Knowing Russian government agents of any kind isn't unusual.  They have families, they have children.  The embassy is always being watched, everyone knows who they are.  It's just part of life here.

Apr 19 24 06:42 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

J Henry wrote:

If they have one it's in Kyiv, but I never thought to ask.  None of the freelance models I've worked with had offices, it has never been a problem.  NG Models show up on time, look like their photos, and put in the effort.  That's what matters to me.  Again, if you're worried about it you can ask them yourself. 

I went to a private college fairly close to DC.  I live near DC now.  Knowing Russian government agents of any kind isn't unusual.  They have families, they have children.  The embassy is always being watched, everyone knows who they are.  It's just part of life here.

There are lots of Russian diplomats in NYC as well, with the UN.

Apr 19 24 07:08 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

JSouthworth wrote:

There are lots of Russian diplomats in NYC as well, with the UN.

Of course.  Why do you mention it? Seems off-topic.

Apr 19 24 07:13 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

J Henry wrote:
Of course.  Why do you mention it? Seems off-topic.

You say that all the Russian diplomatic people you met were spies, can you be more specific about that? Were they KGB or GRU people? Or just people under standing instructions to report back anything of interest?

Apr 19 24 07:29 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

JSouthworth wrote:

You say that all the Russian diplomatic people you met were spies, can you be more specific about that? Were they KGB or GRU people? Or just people under standing instructions to report back anything of interest?

Waaaaaaaay off topic.

Apr 19 24 07:35 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

J Henry wrote:

I wish I'd seen this sooner. 

I shot with NG Models about 9 or 10 times last year.  The models you're talking about crashed with me here in DC. I do not work for the agency, I am not associated with the agency.  But yes they are legit (and legal, wtf guys?).  I can probably answer questions if you have any.

You seem to have done quite a lot of work with them, do you photograph them for other people, or organise photo shoots?

Apr 19 24 07:41 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

JSouthworth wrote:
You seem to have done quite a lot of work with them, do you photograph them for other people, or organise photo shoots?

They claim to be able to provide models of all types and sizes which is interesting, I sometimes look for models who are above average in terms of height and dress size, in an attractive way like Penny at left.

Apr 19 24 08:11 am Link

Photographer

J Henry

JSouthworth wrote:

They claim to be able to provide models of all types and sizes which is interesting, I sometimes look for models who are above average in terms of height and dress size, in an attractive way like Penny at left.

Measurements are on the page.  smile

Apr 19 24 08:48 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Los Angeles, California, US

JSouthworth wrote:

...AND OFF WE GO!

Another off-topic diversion into the personal obsessions of one poster, regardless of thread topic, relevance, interest...

The moderators must be on strike, or something.

Apr 19 24 09:43 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

J Henry wrote:
Measurements are on the page.  smile

On this page;

https://ngmodelsagency.com/workingconditions

Their models all seem fairly typical in terms of size, weight and looks, and some of the links don't seem to work.

Apr 20 24 02:20 am Link