Forums > General Industry > Can spouses and muses coexist in harmony?

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

what if I were the wife AND the muse? Can I fight with myself? Is that weird?

Dec 13 06 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Sacramento, California, US

tanyazaki aka candycat wrote:
togs

-cringes like he just heard fingernails raking down a chalkboard-

Dec 13 06 05:35 pm Link

Model

Mia Mali

Los Angeles, California, US

Jessalyn wrote:

Only a little.  It would be hard for your husband to have a wife/muse sandwich if you were both.  It would be more like a burrito.

Dec 13 06 05:38 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Mia Salen wrote:

Only a little.  It would be hard for your husband to have a wife/muse sandwich if you were both.  It would be more like a burrito.

ROFL

you, me, and Nick can make a hot chick sandwich with him in the middle. but that will have to wait until he turns 18. hahahahaha

Dec 13 06 05:39 pm Link

Model

1fr

Palo Alto, California, US

It depends.  If your spouse sees it as career/art/work than I guess it can work.  But if not, it's obvious that your spouse wouldn't want you interacting with another women too much.

Dec 13 06 05:43 pm Link

Model

Mia Mali

Jessalyn wrote:
ROFL

you, me, and Nick can make a hot chick sandwich with him in the middle. but that will have to wait until he turns 18. hahahahaha

hahaaha i talked to him the other day and he got upset that I kept calling him Jailbait. I think I'm officially changing his name to that, it's endearing

P.S. Models; don't hook up with other models under 18, no matter how hot =*

Dec 13 06 05:44 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Mia Salen wrote:

hahaaha i talked to him the other day and he got upset that I kept calling him Jailbait. I think I'm officially changing his name to that, it's endearing

P.S. Models; don't hook up with other models under 18, no matter how hot =*

yea tell that to the other ladies who were in Chicago....HAHAHAHAHA

Dec 13 06 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Shipstad

Burbank, California, US

Jessalyn wrote:

Well my gorgeous wife certainly has been a muse of mine.. but since she doesn't want to be a professional model and she's a business professional.. there's some shots that I'd take of another muse and put in my portfolio, that I wouldn't with my wife. She's fine with me taking pictures of her for us, but doesn't necessarily want nude or implied in my portfolio or on the web for friends, family and co-workers to see. Sooooo.. that's where a model that has no problem with that aspet of shooting comes into play.

Dec 13 06 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

no

Dec 13 06 05:47 pm Link

Model

Mia Mali

Jessalyn wrote:
yea tell that to the other ladies who were in Chicago....HAHAHAHAHA

lmao!  personally, i can't mix work and play.  i wouldn't be able to hook up with another model or a photographer at a shoot.

i mean, i may make an exception if the photographer was Wentworth Miller.

Dec 13 06 05:50 pm Link

Model

Kahryn

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Yes they can , Me and Hadyn have a great relationship. Working and living.

Dec 13 06 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

David Linke

Woodville, Ohio, US

Andrew Wythe referred to Helga as his muse, but his wife had no idea of her existence until after he died, and the images were discovered in his studio.

Dec 13 06 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Stroke Of Light

Spokane, Washington, US

i think there can be harmony between the 2 im another lucky duck i have a super supportive girl who loves wat i do. she models for me she helps edit she shoots  hell she helps with make up and hair i don't think i could love anyone better than her lol

Dec 13 06 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

What's a spouse and why would she dare to interfere?

Dec 13 06 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

Yes they can, esp. if the spouse is also a photographer:

Spouse: Jeanette Thompson (MM 205)
Muses: Marci (MM 20795), Arianna77 (MM 24040)
Potential Muses (need to shoot with them more): Samantha Grace (MM 3188), Violetta (MM 109547)

Dec 13 06 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Thyronne

Huntington Beach, California, US

I was married to an Eastern European model who was more like a pimp.  She would get me jobs at great rates, find me models, and on evenings when she had class or work would introduce me to a beautiful model and say something like "no husband of mine will be seen without beautiful women on his arm."  Maybe it was a better life than I realized at the time.

Dec 13 06 11:00 pm Link

Photographer

Shadowscape Studio

MARCELL, Minnesota, US

e-string wrote:
Success here. I am a muse for a photographer, and I'm friends with his wife as well. She has said she'd worry about his feelings for me if he were younger (he's retired).

Love ya gobs!
And Roberta says hi.

Dec 13 06 11:09 pm Link

Model

ak68

Bossier City, Louisiana, US

OH my!! I've been there and nope, doesn't work.  Or didn't. sad sad  I still consider him a great friend even though we rarely speak anymore.  I never had a problem with him but he took way TOO much heat from his spouse whenever we worked together so that is done.
ak

Dec 13 06 11:22 pm Link

Model

Wendi Vivar

Normal, Illinois, US

Chris Brown wrote:
Working with someone whom you could fall for emotionally or who could fall for you is dangerous for any married person.

I did a shoot with a photog that I didn't find particularly attractive though not unnattractive as I always notice. However, we did make a friendly connection during the shoot. After the shoot, we were chatting and he fessed up that he had contacted me to work with him because he was infatuated with the pics he had seen of me. He said after talking with me, he felt a connection. As a girl I was thinking AWWWW, that's so cute. As a model I was thinking CRAPIT, there goes a steady paying assignment. I refused further work with him.

Dec 14 06 12:30 am Link

Photographer

Bill Bates

Payson, Utah, US

HHhmmmm....

Might be interesting to find out. The wife has been my muse for sometime and has done a very excellent job and has always been willing to go the extra mile.

I'm willing to conduct an experiment and see if another model could be my new muse and see how the wife handles the whole situation (I'm guessing she will appreciate the break).

Any models want to give it a go and see ... of course this would all be in the name of science and to further the study and understanding of the photographer, spouse and muse/model relationship.

Bill

Dec 14 06 12:58 am Link