Forums > General Industry > Who pays when both parties refuse to do tfcd/tfp?

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

This is a question for you models and photographers out there who refuse to do tfcd/tfp. I see some portfolios that have the saying NO TFP/TFCD.....NO EXCEPTIONS (PAID SHOOTS ONLY). But they are shooting with people who also say NO TFP/TFCD....NO EXCEPTIONS(PAID SHOOTS ONLY). I was just wondering who was paying who smile

Dec 08 06 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

It's quite possible that neither pays. They both just say "no TFP" to keep out the riff raff.

Dec 08 06 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

CW Sr

Columbus, Ohio, US

haha good point. I list NO TFCD in my profile and still get emails asking for TFCD for some reason. I know I certainly do not yield to their requests...do you? O.o

Dec 08 06 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

The forum readers pay, because it ends up being discussed here. Again. And Again.

Dec 08 06 06:10 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

C David Stephens wrote:
It's quite possible that neither pays. They both just say "no TFP" to keep out the riff raff.

that's what I do, which is also why I still ask photogs who list that just incase they are doing the same thing.

Dec 08 06 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Who pays if I decide I don't want to pay for a Starbuck's coffee and they decide they don't want to give me one? Fairly simple...no sale.

Dec 08 06 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Mikel Featherston wrote:
The forum readers pay, because it ends up being discussed here. Again. And Again.

And yet you feel the need to read it....and then take the time to respond to it smile

Dec 08 06 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Thomas B wrote:

And yet you feel the need to read it....and then take the time to respond to it smile

Well yes. We're all here for the t-shirt right? You don't get it for keeping your opinion to yourself.

Dec 08 06 06:19 pm Link

Model

Julie Montana

Kalispell, Montana, US

Thomes I often wonder that same thing. Both parties say NO TFP yet they both work together. Maybe its all hype LOL !!

Dec 08 06 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Chuck Holliday

New York, New York, US

alot of times, its put up there to eliminate the strays who randomly look for anybody with a "popular" port and it helps prevent them from contacting them with foolishness "i like your work and want to do TFP" messages or emails, although it depends on if the person actually reads the profile before contacting.

but alot of time, both of them shot TFP, just on some mutual respect-your-work-and-you-respect-mines type arrangement.

Dec 08 06 06:22 pm Link

Model

Julie Montana

Kalispell, Montana, US

Chuck Holliday wrote:
alot of times, its put up there to eliminate the strays who randomly look for anybody with a "popular" port and it helps prevent them from contacting them with foolishness "i like your work and want to do TFP" messages or emails, although it depends on if the person actually reads the profile before contacting.

but alot of time, both of them shot TFP, just on some mutual respect-your-work-and-you-respect-mines type arrangement.

Dec 08 06 06:23 pm Link

Model

Julie Montana

Kalispell, Montana, US

well said Chuck!!!

Dec 08 06 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Thomas B wrote:

I like to add value when I can. wink

Dec 08 06 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Bill each other, write each other a check, be done with it.

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Is this business about TFP shoots or making money. In order to make money you have to spend money.  I never do TFP.  I hire models.

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Dec 08 06 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

- V s c h e m e -

Brooklyn, New York, US

Some people think their look is so amazing, that you would be willing to break that rule just for them?

Dec 08 06 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

MrE Creations

They call it a "test shoot" and it just ends up going into an MM port to collect useless comments like "WOW, great shot" "You are beautiful" "Great use of light" and every other cliche. This site has to be the biggest waste of time I have ever seen.

Dec 08 06 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Thomas B wrote:
This is a question for you models and photographers out there who refuse to do tfcd/tfp. I see some portfolios that have the saying NO TFP/TFCD.....NO EXCEPTIONS (PAID SHOOTS ONLY). But they are shooting with people who also say NO TFP/TFCD....NO EXCEPTIONS(PAID SHOOTS ONLY). I was just wondering who was paying who smile

Simple;  The people who pay are those who ask.  Since you asked ...

Dec 08 06 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

MrE Creations wrote:
This site has to be the biggest waste of time I have ever seen.

If that is true, then what are you doing here?

Dec 08 06 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

MrE Creations wrote:
They call it a "test shoot" and it just ends up going into an MM port to collect useless comments like "WOW, great shot" "You are beautiful" "Great use of light" and every other cliche. This site has to be the biggest waste of time I have ever seen.

and when two people who are mediocre refuse to work together, no-one pays..

we dont have to look at bad photography and pay with our eyes and mortal souls

Dec 08 06 11:14 pm Link

Photographer

re- photography

San Francisco, California, US

Thomas B wrote:

Maybe some photographers actually shoot paying advertising work.....imagine that.....a novel concept.....in which case both photographer and model (if needed for the shoot) are paid by a company which needs to advertise their product or service.

Dec 08 06 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

MrE Creations

Patrick Walberg wrote:

If that is true, then what are you doing here?

New here and about to leave actually. I didnt know his place was full of amateurs and hobbyists. Thought I might actually meet some real professionals to work with, guess not.

Dec 08 06 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

The muses!

Dec 08 06 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

Everybody- The photographer hires the model and the model pays for prints or usage.

Dec 08 06 11:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

re- photography wrote:

Maybe some photographers actually shoot paying advertising work.....imagine that.....a novel concept.....in which case both photographer and model (if needed for the shoot) are paid by a company which needs to advertise their product or service.

someone that gets it.

Dec 08 06 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Thomas B wrote:

Umm . like two trains passing in the nite I guess

Dec 10 06 12:01 am Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

MrE Creations wrote:
...... I didnt know his place was full of amateurs and hobbyists. Thought I might actually meet some real professionals to work with, guess not.

To be one - is to know one.

bt

Dec 10 06 12:10 am Link

Photographer

majoy

Newark, California, US

Bruce Talbot wrote:

bt

I do concur Mr. Talbot!

Dec 10 06 12:20 am Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

MrE Creations wrote:

Guess you didn't have better things to do tonight!

Dec 10 06 12:22 am Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

No one because no shoot takes place?

Dec 10 06 12:26 am Link

Model

Joselin

Hempstead, New York, US

00siris wrote:
Right here

no

Dec 10 06 12:28 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

It is a secret...

Dec 10 06 03:06 am Link

Model

Alix Andrea

I pay...

Dec 10 06 03:08 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

MrE Creations wrote:

New here and about to leave actually. I didnt know his place was full of amateurs and hobbyists. Thought I might actually meet some real professionals to work with, guess not.

Your work is good.  I'm sorry that you are not with a good attitude towards networking with others here.  There are photographers and models who are certainly your equal here if you give it a chance. 

Best wishes over the holidays!

Dec 10 06 03:14 am Link

Photographer

MrE Creations

Bruce Talbot wrote:

bt

Sorry man but I have been published in several magazines, work for a few agencies, shot some album covers and calendars. Nothing top notch millions of people would know, but I am not an amateur or a hobbyist, far from it smile

Mr. Walberg, thanks. I have tried for several months now and it does not work. The "models" here either never get back, even when they initiate contact, or they all want free shoots. This place is somewhat of a joke.

Dec 10 06 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Creative Image

Avon, Connecticut, US

MrE Creations wrote:

Check his port.  Looks pretty ordinary to me.
Ron

Dec 10 06 11:03 am Link

Photographer

MrE Creations

Creative Image wrote:

Check his port.  Looks pretty ordinary to me.
Ron

Yes, and yours is just soooo spectacular. Fuck off please

Dec 10 06 11:08 am Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

MrE Creations wrote:

Sorry man but I have been published in several magazines, work for a few agencies, shot some album covers and calendars. Nothing top notch millions of people would know, but I am not an amateur or a hobbyist, far from it smile

Mr. Walberg, thanks. I have tried for several months now and it does not work. The "models" here either never get back, even when they initiate contact, or they all want free shoots. This place is somewhat of a joke.

WOW...you have done a lot of stuff.......let's some of these tearsheets, calendars and album covers. Well you said you were leaving the site.......so whatcha waiting for? Leave us amateurs to our sad little site. It says in your profile that as of Dec 6th you are leaving the business.....but it's Dec. 10th and your still here....guess you missed us smile

Dec 10 06 11:09 am Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

MrE Creations wrote:
Yes, and yours is just soooo spectacular. Fuck off please

Geez, your professionalism just astounds me. *rolls eyes*

MrE Creations wrote:

You know, for the life of me, I can't figure out why you'd have any problems with models showing up to a shoot with you. Couldn't be your attitude, could it? Or do you reserve your pithy comments especially for us here on this board?

Dec 10 06 11:17 am Link