Forums > General Industry > America's New Top Model(spoiler)

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

What did you guys think of Caridee winning? I thought the final two would of been between her and Eugena but was not surprised that Melrose lost in the end (cause  of her age perhaps?)

https://z.about.com/d/realitytv/1/0/X/u/top_model_caridee.jpg

Let's discuss!!  https://bestsmileys.com/talking/9.gif

Dec 06 06 08:06 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

MsB

New York, New York, US

i'm glad she won instead of melrose. i wanted to choke that bitch.

Dec 06 06 08:08 pm Link

Model

Rania

Montclair, New Jersey, US

im soooo glad caridee won! I love her!!

Dec 06 06 08:09 pm Link

Model

Rania

MsB wrote:

yes, she is really annoying

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

MsB wrote:
i wanted to choke that bitch.

LOL! Damn...I like that. Keep it gangsta  https://bestsmileys.com/beatup/1.gif

Model

Rachel Dashae

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I still think if AJ was still in the run,she would've won.

I'm still glad Caridee won. :]

Dec 06 06 08:10 pm Link

Model

b r a n d o n L

Chesapeake, Virginia, US

im very happy for her!

Dec 06 06 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Leroy Ferguson

Nassau, Minnesota, US

MsB wrote:

Amen to that. Melrose sucks! I loved Caridee from the dumb model photo shoot with the upside down book. Hers and Eugena's cover girl photos were hard to choose the best one. The fashion show wasnt really all that like past cycles. No matter how it is put Melrose and Eugena will get work.

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/AeonProductionsInc/CariDee_9.jpg

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/AeonProductionsInc/CariDee_6.jpg

Dec 06 06 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Scribe of Souls

Bonner Springs, Kansas, US

rania wrote:

yes, she is really annoying

Why?  Because she put in the effort to understand the industry?  Or was it because she was more mature and had better sense than the other girls?  Or because she was consistantly the winner of the challenges?  Or because she was a bitch and annoying since she wouldn't give in to the other models petty games, clics, and alliances?  Or.... what?

Dec 06 06 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Scribe of Souls wrote:

Why?  Because she put in the effort to understand the industry?  Or was it because she was more mature and had better sense than the other girls?  Or because she was consistantly the winner of the challenges?  Or because she was a bitch and annoying since she wouldn't give in to the other models petty games, clics, and alliances?  Or.... what?

that's how i feel.  It's funny that I don't know ANY women that wanted Melrose to win and it's never for a decent reason.  It's always "she was annoying, she was a bitch, I just didn't like her'.  The men I know mostly wanted whoever they wthought was hottest to win lol.

Umm helloooooo she wasn't there to make friends, she was there to win the competition.  She didn't play underhanded games or be overly fake towards any of them, she was cordial and attentive and did her job but was a flat out competitor and didn't give a fuck if you liked her or not as long as she won.

Dec 06 06 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

Leroy Ferguson

Nassau, Minnesota, US

Scribe of Souls wrote:

It was her attitude and disrespect. She called Caridee a ho! She just has that attitude that is similar to Jade last cycle. Yoanna had her info down packed but yet she didnt make it obvious like the other two girls i mentioned. Melrose was not humble in my opinion.

Model

Rania

Scribe of Souls wrote:

her personality.
I hope she would be mature- she was the oldest one there.
She did do great on the challenges, but she was also fake.
Anyway- who cares- the judges apparently chose who they thought was best.

Photographer

Finearts Photography

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Melrose was the best runway and spokesmodel. 2 of the top 3 important parts of modeling. She will do well.

worth repeating...
Melrose put in the effort to understand the industry?  Or was it because she was more mature and had better sense than the other girls?  Or because she was consistantly the winner of the challenges?  Or because she was a bitch and annoying since she wouldn't give in to the other models petty games, clics, and alliances?  Or.... what?

Dec 06 06 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Photography By Amaru wrote:

It was her attitude and disrespect. She called Caridee a ho! She just has that attitude that is similar to Jade last cycle. Yoanna had her info down packed but yet she didnt make it obvious like the other two girls i mentioned. Melrose was not humble in my opinion.

If you know your shit you know your shit.  No need to be humble.

And ALL those girls were calling names.  TRUST that.  You can't have 13 women in a house for three months and think that bitches and hoes ain't gonna get thrown around.

Dec 06 06 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Yumemiru wrote:
I still think if AJ was still in the run,she would've won.

I'm still glad Caridee won. :]

I'm with you on this. I think letting AJ go was the biggest mistake, that girl had It. But once she was gone, I somehow knew it would be Caridee and Melrose in the end.

I've kinda had the hots for Melrose the whole time, lol - I just like the intelligent, pretty, go-getter (blonde) type - but she did seem a bit plastic for most of the show. About the only time she would really show through is when she'd lose it emotionally and break down.

Anyway, enough of ANTM for a few more cycles smile I stopped watching eons ago, and only started on this one because one of the girls was local and had been in a fashion show I shot back in January or February. I kept watching because I got hooked in, and wanted to see who would win, but no more of that nonsense big_smile

Dec 06 06 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Melrose kicked CariDee's ass from Hell to breakfast.

However, there was no way that they were going to make a 26-going-on-27-year-old model the next CoverGirl for a year. (Famous actress or already-established model, maybe, but not an unknown.) Melrose never had a chance to win. She came in second because she was the best by a country mile and they at least had the grace to let her go all the way to the end.

And yes, she was a bitch. I didn't like her a bit. But she was the best. Unfortunately for her, the show isn't about being the best.

M

Dec 06 06 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Athearn

Boulder, Colorado, US

Not only was Melrose a nasty bitch, but she certainly benefited the most from the use of Photoshop. I've never seen anyone need PS more.

Dec 06 06 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

Nuance Photography

Brantford, Ontario, Canada

I think the judges made the right decision and CariDee deserved to win. I also think the editing of the show helped to portray Melrose in a negatively light.

I liked Melrose!
I think she would be a real fun person to meet and party with.

Dec 06 06 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

Leroy Ferguson

Nassau, Minnesota, US

Ransom J wrote:

If you know your shit you know your shit.  No need to be humble.

And ALL those girls were calling names.  TRUST that.  You can't have 13 women in a house for three months and think that bitches and hoes ain't gonna get thrown around.

I didnt say that she wasnt a good model. She just wasnt a total package for me. She got the job done but her obsession with perfection hurt her a bit. She worked that runway show to pieces but she broke down so easily when the dress ripped eventhough she shone more after that. She became fierce but I dont see her winning Top Model. Especially with the panel they had. She did really well and she will make it long after the show. Most of the models from ANTM make it bigger than the winners.

Dec 06 06 08:29 pm Link

Model

LifeIsBeautiful

Newark, Delaware, US

i think all together melrose should have won based on her performance. i thought she was the best and worked her ass off.
but maybe i could just relate to the having to be perfect issue.

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I don't hate Melrose as a model - she rocked some things. However, the problem is her aura of just being fake. People WILL be turned off by all the sunshine being blown up their asses.

She just needs to relax and be real. Then she could really be awesome.

Photographer

Leroy Ferguson

Nassau, Minnesota, US

Rick Athearn wrote:
Not only was Melrose a nasty bitch, but she certainly benefited the most from the use of Photoshop. I've never seen anyone need PS more.

Yea i noticed that as well. Her skin is not in the best condition.

Dec 06 06 08:30 pm Link

Model

Rania

e-string wrote:
I don't hate Melrose as a model - she rocked some things. However, the problem is her aura of just being fake. People WILL be turned off by all the sunshine being blown up their asses.

She just needs to relax and be real. Then she could really be awesome.

well put.
i totally agree

Dec 06 06 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Kristen Weaver

Orlando, Florida, US

Caridee was my favorite from the begining!! As a photographer - I LOVE her attitude... even if she is a "loose cannon". I can get better shots from someone like her as opposed to someone who's flat.

Dec 06 06 09:03 pm Link

Model

Hannahcakes

San Francisco, California, US

Rick Athearn wrote:

I'll second that! Her photos looked nothing like her real face.

Dec 06 06 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

Photography By Amaru wrote:
https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/AeonProductionsInc/CariDee_6.jpg

Did anyone besides me notice that she is wearing the little elephant nose Upside down??? It was the first thing I noticed when watching that episode. C'mon photogs..... we're supposed to have an eye for detail. I'm always noticing stuff like that.

(hint) The tusks don't go down like that... and there usually on the bottom of the trunk (turned upwards). Heh...

LOL big_smile

Dec 06 06 09:08 pm Link

Model

Vera van Munster

Belmont, North Carolina, US

Melrose had an ego too big for four corners.Anyone who cries and whines every time they dont reach perfection will not last in the modeling industry; that just shows how childish she is.My god, did you see her freaking about the dress ripping? The commercial? The first episode with her diva attitude, crying about the spanish dancing? The list goes on about how unprofessional she is and how she cant handle stress or competition.She was super fake the whole time..her meltdown over the wedding dress was even like watching a bad soap opera.Im glad for Cari Dee!

Dec 06 06 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

Art Liem

Scribe of Souls wrote:

All of the above, plus she was several points of IQ brighter than all the others combined. Unfortunately she kept telling everyone how much better she was in everything. That can get very annoying.

Regards, Art.

Dec 06 06 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

The way Melrose just self-destructed at the end was very telling. Caridee has a phenomenal face, too.

Dec 06 06 09:14 pm Link

Model

Rachel Bryana

Woodbridge, Connecticut, US

Scribe of Souls wrote:

I do think that she has knowledge of the industry and would be able to hold her own ground against alot of the criticism that the fashion arena throws at you. However, I felt that she was forced, and as the show said - too much of a perfectionist. In modeling, you either have it naturally or you don't. You can mimic it well, but it's still just fake. She didn't understand that she is just a blank canvas there to be manipulated and molded into the photographers/stylists ideal of perfection (for that particluar shoot). As with any job, your there to make your employer look good.
But Melrose performed EXTREMELY WELL in the final bridal show.

Dec 06 06 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Scribe of Souls

Bonner Springs, Kansas, US

I guess when it came down to it, Caridee won because she was the one Tyra felt would sell more magazines and Covergirl Cosmetics that Melrose or Eugena.  I believe that is why Caridee won and I wish her the best. 

I know that Melrose and Eugena will do fantastic and probably will have more offers than they know what to do with.  None of the girls who competed are losers, they are all in the end winners with a tremendous boost and jump start to their careers...if they chose to pursue modeling or any other field for that matter. 

In the end I think that the choice of Caridee as the winner of the Covergirl Infomercial .... I'm sorry I must have had a brain fart...winner of America's Next Top Model was the best choice for Tyra winning another season.  Hey, it's her show and Tyra is a brilliantly intelligent woman...all my best to her and Caridee and to all of those who competed this season.

Dec 06 06 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Michael Kirst wrote:
Did anyone besides me notice that she is wearing the little elephant nose Upside down??? It was the first thing I noticed when watching that episode. C'mon photogs..... we're supposed to have an eye for detail. I'm always noticing stuff like that.

(hint) The tusks don't go down like that... and there usually on the bottom of the trunk (turned upwards). Heh...

I did. It looks better that way. She's a freak, it doesn't have to be biologically correct. Besides, it would have interfered with the brim of the hat and the shot would just not have worked.

M

Dec 06 06 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

Tom Winstead

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Unlike some people, I liked both Caridee and Melrose (Eugena never made much of an impression on me, but I thought Anchal had potential).

From a photographers POV though, I would probably rather shoot with Melrose, because she was always very professional and gave 110 percent on every shoot (at least from what I saw on the show); whereas Caridee made that stupid comment to Nigel Barker (VERY uncool) and had that disastrous TV commercial in Spain.

Like others said, I'm sure they'll both do well in the industry.

Dec 06 06 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

StMarc wrote:

I did. It looks better that way. She's a freak, it doesn't have to be biologically correct. Besides, it would have interfered with the brim of the hat and the shot would just not have worked.

M

I know but it bothered me the whole time either way.

Dec 06 06 09:35 pm Link

Model

Allie Harrison

Morgantown, Indiana, US

So I've seen the entire season and wanted Melrose to win from the beginning.  She put in the most effort and tried the hardest.  She was the most knowledgable about the industry. She did her homework.  She should have won, in my opinion.  But then again, I'm not a top model, am I? haha.

At least a blonde won!!! hehehe.

Dec 06 06 09:38 pm Link

Model

MonicaPrata

New York, New York, US

I'm pissed, I think caridee is annoying as hell.  The girl seems like a lunatic to me.  On the other hand I absolutely adored Melrose, she performed well throughout, she was consistent and likeable and kicked ass in the runway show.  I'm sure Melrose is already signed with Ford or Elite so whatever.

Dec 06 06 09:41 pm Link

Model

Maria T

Lambertville, New Jersey, US

StMarc wrote:

M

Ha ha,my boyfriend pointed that out for a damn week.

Dec 06 06 09:46 pm Link

Model

Johnny Frog

Orlando, Florida, US

Oh I loved her from the start! I'm happy she won!!

Dec 06 06 10:10 pm Link

Model

Audra Isadora

New York, New York, US

I LOVE CARIDEEEEEEE

Dec 06 06 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

David Gabel Photography

Skippack, Pennsylvania, US

I think people need to realize that the show was edited together to show what they wanted to show about each person when possible. To even begin to think you know the women to say one's a bitch or this or that doesn't seem fair. Not one of us actually knows any of the contestants (if you do, speak up) to give an accurate description of that person's true personality.

Who ended up outshining everyone collectively across the challenges? MELROSE! Hello!

Caridee...insulted a judge, completely tanked on the Spanish commercial, convulsed uncontrolably DURING a photoshoot. Am I getting my point across here?

Melrose..."could have done better" or "it's not your best work" (that's the worst they had to say).

Melrose was the clear professional all the way through. Should have won. Didn't. Will she get work? Um.. Yeah.

IMHO,

David

Dec 06 06 10:16 pm Link