Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Retouching Resource Blog? Feedback?

Retoucher

Tia Jones Retoucher

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I create a blog called Retouching Blog back in September. Its meant to be a blog of curated resources and inspiration for resources.

I still have a lot of work to do on it and I'm new to blogging. I wanted to hear from actual rather this blog is helpful or not for beginner and experienced retouchers. Any suggestions for things I could add or take away from the blog to make it better? I want to make it a great resource catered to retouchers.

Let me know what you think?
Blog site:  http://retouchingblog.com

Thank you in advance!

Apr 05 16 06:53 am Link

Photographer

Redcrown

West Des Moines, Iowa, US

First, compliments and congratulations on a very well designed site. I find the look, the feel, the layout to be attractive and inviting. There are no distractions, no fancy HTML or Javascript to show off the author's programming skills. I may be over reacting to that, but I find I am increasingly disturbed by websites whose design overwhelms the actual content.

I'm most impressed by the fact that you get the job done without a lot of Javascript. I run all my browsers with Javascript blockers to protect against malware (Javascript is now the number one source of malware). I'm amazed by the increasing number of sites that display a completely blank page when their Javascript is blocked. The better sites that do use Javascript at least put in a "script sensor" and display a notice that Javascript is required.

As for content, I'm curious about what audience you are targeting. From a brief walk through, what I see is good info for newbies, but farily routine and common stuff for anyone who has been "retouching" for a year or more. That's not necessairly a bad thing. There is a constant flow of newbies into Photoshopping. And it looks like you are not authoring original content, but are collecting content from other sources. That, also is not necessairly a bad thing. In fact, it can be a very good service for newbies.

I recently entered a new hobby and, like Photography, I find a vast morass of information on the internet. Most of it is junk. I would greatly appreciate a site that finds and aggregates the good stuff. I think your site does a good job of that for newbies.

Apr 05 16 12:16 pm Link

Retoucher

Tia Jones Retoucher

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Thank you so much! I plan to add more resources/tutorials created by me overtime. I agree with you, it is directed more to beginner retouchers in photoshoppers. I think I am going to focus on that group of people being my audience now.

Apr 08 16 04:45 am Link