Forums > General Industry > Are women more willing to pose nude than men?

Model

Paul Verite

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Wow. The comments here regarding this topic are all over the map. And many are utterly ridiculous. Fear of penis size...when it's flaccid? Give me a break. The ideas some of you have about the male body and male sexuality are kind of scary. LOL.

Oh well. If anyone here with true artistic creativity needs a male figure study I'm available and willing to travel. And I leave my baggage at home. smile

Dec 19 06 12:21 am Link

Model

Sandra

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The more penis in the picture the better.

Honestly I find the male form honest and attractive. I am sick and tired of staring at boobies, butts and vaginas.

They are over-rated wink

*sandra

Dec 19 06 12:31 am Link

Photographer

Lucian Schmit

Vancouver, Washington, US

Shooting black and white fine art, my experience has been this.

1. It's really difficult to find male models. I have many that want to have nudes done after they lose that 5 pounds. Or, I get too many responses from the guys with shaved chests or tattoos. While I have nothing against it, the work I did with these guys comes out modern looking or it takes on a sexual tone I'm not after.

2. Make nudes are way harder to shoot. But if you get a good one it's awesome.

I do have to agree with a comment I saw in the thread. I have sold and still watch what prints sell and for how much on ebay. I good make shot (non sexual) can sell for way more than a female shot. Maybe partly becasue of the rarity.

I'd love to find a good male model who is not chest shaved or tattood for fine art work.

Dec 19 06 12:36 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Homophobic And size issues keep most men clothed. My best male nude models have always been Gay. Only one exception comes to mind in fact of the 20 or so I've shot. WAY harder to find men to get nude (Full frontal any way) than women.

Dec 19 06 12:37 am Link