Forums > General Industry > Has E-string strung you along?

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

....I mean damn, she's like helen of troy or something. i have not been this excited to work with a model since peggy vee.... hurry up and get your little butt over here e..... My camera is ready and I have an itchy shutter finger.

Nov 20 06 03:27 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Wow, I think this is the first time anyone has made a thread about me! You are too sweet.

I'm dying to work with you too! Seriously. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if January is going to work for my CA trip. It might have to be August, which sucks, but it's better than me dying of exhaustion. tongue

Nov 20 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

ahh poop... I am retiring in may of next year, looks like we will never get to work together. That's just too bad.

Nov 20 06 03:32 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

ravens laughter wrote:
hurry up and get your little butt over here e..... My camera is ready and I have an itchy shutter finger.

lol As I was reading this I thought the sentence was going to end "my camera is ready and I have an itchy butt"

Nov 20 06 03:32 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

e-string wrote:
Wow, I think this is the first time anyone has made a thread about me! You are too sweet.

hey at least you don't have threads started about your bum or your ilium, or wanting to see you baby-oil wrestling.

Nov 20 06 03:33 pm Link

Model

e-string

ravens laughter wrote:
ahh poop... I am retiring in may of next year, looks like we will never get to work together. That's just too bad.

Shut up! You jest.

Model

e-string

Jessalyn wrote:

hey at least you don't have threads started about your bum or your ilium, or wanting to see you baby-oil wrestling.

You don't find those things flattering? wink

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

Jess... that's only when you are around.... now hurry along and smell your fingers.....

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

ravens laughter wrote:
Jess... that's only when you are around.... now hurry along and smell your fingers.....

lol

Nov 20 06 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

e-string wrote:

Shut up! You jest.

nope, no jesting. I will be moving on.... good things don't last long, and bad things (like me) are even shorter lived. Besides it's a way of getting everyone I want to shoot with to stop stringing me along. Perhaps I'll reconsider when that point comes, but for right now, in may I will give myself completely up to my basket weaving fetish.

Nov 20 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

e-string wrote:

I'm dying to work with you too! Seriously. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if January is going to work for my CA trip. It might have to be August, which sucks, but it's better than me dying of exhaustion. tongue

(clapping happily)

(about the august thing)

Nov 20 06 03:36 pm Link

Model

e-string

ravens laughter wrote:

nope, no jesting. I will be moving on.... good things don't last long, and bad things (like me) are even shorter lived. Besides it's a way of getting everyone I want to shoot with to stop stringing me along. Perhaps I'll reconsider when that point comes, but for right now, in may I will give myself completely up to my basket weaving fetish.

You are NOT bad. You are awesome.

I'm definitely not stringing anyone along, at least not intentionally. Ask anyone I've shot with.. I'm not one of those models who drags things out pre-shoot. It's just really hard to make a trip to CA that's long enough for me to get in even a fraction of the shooting I want to do there. Because of school. Sigh. Well, I'll for sure let you know if January does happen. And if it's August, I'll desperately beg you to pick up the camera again.

Nov 20 06 03:39 pm Link

Model

e-string

KM von Seidl wrote:

(clapping happily)

(about the august thing)

I can't believe you wouldn't make time for me in January! wink

When do you expect to get your equipment replaced?

Nov 20 06 03:40 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

If she's Helen, then who am I?? I DARE anybody (Except Andre Tanchaz!) to answer that.

Nov 20 06 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

Miles Chandler

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

jade83 wrote:
If she's Helen, then who am I?? I DARE anybody (Except Andre Tanchaz!) to answer that.

Marion

Nov 20 06 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

E-String is right; there's someone living near San Fransisco who would like nothing more than for me to get my ass out that way. But it's just not practical, especially right now. Because of all the stuff I'd want to bring along for photos I'd have to drive, and so the full trip to drive (for gas) would be around $600.00. And then there's food and motel expenses. So, a trip for me to go out to California would cost probably at least $1,000.00. Don't get me wrong; I really do want to go out that way and visit Seattle again as well as California. But travel takes time and lots of money. So, when E-String says she wants to but can't due to school and other commitments believe her -- she's not going to string anyone along. I'd love to work with her again, but I know that she's busy and I don't have any really cool projects in the works at the moment. But rest assured that she'll be out there at some point.

Patience...

-P-

Nov 20 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon, France

laying out trail o' truffles.....

Nov 20 06 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

e-string wrote:

I can't believe you wouldn't make time for me in January! wink

When do you expect to get your equipment replaced?

Don't EVEN go there.  lol.

And as soon as I can, I'm trying!

Nov 20 06 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Renée Jacobs wrote:

You may not want to do that -- You might get me there instead.

Mmmm... truffles...

wink

Nov 20 06 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Shadowscape Studio

MARCELL, Minnesota, US

God damn it, we are shooting in January.  The rest of you have to wait.

Nov 20 06 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Tonic Dog Studios

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Why go to CA now?  We're in the middle of a tropical heat wave.

Nov 20 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Shadowscape Studio wrote:

There you go dude... Rub it in wink!

Nov 20 06 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

rerouting truffles up to kim's place as well to make her feel better about equipment....:-)

Nov 20 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Renée Jacobs wrote:
rerouting truffles up to kim's place as well to make her feel better about equipment....:-)

Mmmm.... Truffles...

Nov 20 06 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Pat Thielen wrote:

Mmmm.... Truffles...

and pat gets truffles too.......

Nov 20 06 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Those truffles are nothing to trifle with!

Nov 20 06 07:17 pm Link

Model

e-string

Pat Thielen wrote:
E-String is right; there's someone living near San Fransisco who would like nothing more than for me to get my ass out that way. But it's just not practical, especially right now. Because of all the stuff I'd want to bring along for photos I'd have to drive, and so the full trip to drive (for gas) would be around $600.00. And then there's food and motel expenses. So, a trip for me to go out to California would cost probably at least $1,000.00. Don't get me wrong; I really do want to go out that way and visit Seattle again as well as California. But travel takes time and lots of money. So, when E-String says she wants to but can't due to school and other commitments believe her -- she's not going to string anyone along. I'd love to work with her again, but I know that she's busy and I don't have any really cool projects in the works at the moment. But rest assured that she'll be out there at some point.

Patience...

-P-

We're so going to do that one idea!

Nov 20 06 07:18 pm Link

Model

e-string

Renée Jacobs wrote:

must... eat... truffles........

Nov 20 06 07:18 pm Link

Model

e-string

We are. smile  I was just hoping to fit in a CA trip too.

Nov 20 06 07:19 pm Link

Model

e-string

Tonic Dog Studios wrote:
Why go to CA now?  We're in the middle of a tropical heat wave.

Even this is too cold for my taste! lol

Nov 20 06 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

Well plain tickets cost money, so do hotel rooms, and food, and gas....
Travel costs money, once the money problem is solved then there is time...
I don't feel e-string tries to string anyone along but 20 requests to fly to Cali in exchange for prints is a hard sell...

Nov 20 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Renée Jacobs wrote:

bless you kind soul (who looked great in her outfit online!)

Nov 20 06 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

e-string wrote:

We are. smile  I was just hoping to fit in a CA trip too.

CA will still be here, whenever you arrive!

Nov 20 06 07:45 pm Link

Model

e-string

Experimental Photoworks wrote:
Well plain tickets cost money, so do hotel rooms, and food, and gas....
Travel costs money, once the money problem is solved then there is time...
I don't feel e-string tries to string anyone along but 20 requests to fly to Cali in exchange for prints is a hard sell...

Actually I have enough people willing to chip in for my costs. Everyone has been amazing in that respect! And I'm not asking for pay other than that, I'm happy with images. It's just a time/health/sanity issue now.

Nov 20 06 08:20 pm Link

Model

e-string

KM von Seidl wrote:

CA will still be here, whenever you arrive!

you rock, Kim smile

Nov 20 06 08:22 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

i am coming to SF in jan 17th - 24th

but truffles first!!
i can drive to LA anytime
wink and hang out late
IF i have a quiet bed for the night

Nov 20 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

ADG Photography

Calhoun, Georgia, US

e-string wrote:

you rock, Kim smile

e-string--you rock too!  What an amazing model (and young woman) you are!   I never cease to be amazed by you.

Alan

Nov 21 06 06:02 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

AFTER ME! Then she's yours!
Mike

Nov 21 06 06:14 am Link

Photographer

Fun Stuff Photography

Fremont, California, US

Pat Thielen wrote:

Patience...

-P-

Hey Pat,

If you really want to get out to CA, you are more than welcome to stay here. Steve Melvin just spent 3 days at my place. We shot in SF til 2:00AM last Thursday. Naked night shoots at the Palace of Fine Arts. Must do it.

Iona and Wynd spent Friday afternoon with us. Four models in 24 hours.

So, if you have folks that want to work with you, I can help you arrange it. I don't know how much stuff you need to bring with you, but maybe I have some equipment you can use, maybe we can rent what you need, etc.

The weather out here is "not snowing".

sw

Nov 21 06 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

e-string wrote:

must... eat... truffles........

Must remember to buy lots of truffles!

Nov 21 06 12:54 pm Link