Forums > General Industry > I have an interview with M International tomorrow!

Model

Aztec Doll

Winnetka, California, US

At 4'11", I kind of gave up hope trying to get work in modeling and acting because I would have to hustle myself.  But all that changed when an agency called M International called me and told me they were looking to expand their print and commercial divisions.  They said they had gotten my number from a casting director.

I looked them up online, and they seemed legit.  I was just wondering who else has heard of M International and if signing with them is a good move in my career.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I want to know what to expect before my interview tomorrow.

Thanks!
-Veronica

Nov 13 06 02:39 pm Link

Nov 13 06 02:59 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Veronica Villa wrote:
At 4'11", I kind of gave up hope trying to get work in modeling and acting because I would have to hustle myself.  But all that changed when an agency called M International called me and told me they were looking to expand their print and commercial divisions.  They said they had gotten my number from a casting director.

I looked them up online, and they seemed legit.  I was just wondering who else has heard of M International and if signing with them is a good move in my career.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I want to know what to expect before my interview tomorrow.

Thanks!
-Veronica

This concerns me.  What casting director has your number?  And could we get the link to their website?  I mean, I already know this is a scam, I just think you need to walk through it yourself.

Nov 13 06 03:03 pm Link

Model

Andrea Melissa

Rohnert Park, California, US

this is such a scam. please do not go! read the previous threads!!!!!

Nov 13 06 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Veronica, it's time to face the truth.

A "talent agency" might be interested in you, since there are few height requirements for acting.  And once in a while a talent agency gets modeling jobs, because they have people on their books that model agencies do not.

However . . . any MODEL agency that approaches you is a scam.  At 4'11" you simply cannot and will not find a real model agency that will be interested.  You will continue to attract offers from scammers of one kind or another, but that's all.

Nov 13 06 03:21 pm Link

Model

Aztec Doll

Winnetka, California, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:

This concerns me.  What casting director has your number?  And could we get the link to their website?  I mean, I already know this is a scam, I just think you need to walk through it yourself.

I'm a member of LA Casting, so every casting director whose project I submitted to has my number.  And I submit to LOTS of castings!  So anyone on LA Casting could have my number.

They didn't give me a url to their website, but I assume http://www.mmodels.com/frame.html is their web site.

I read all the threads, but I still have no info on how this is a scam.  It's licensed!

And the lady I spoke to is Katherine, as previously mentioned in one of the threads.

Nov 13 06 05:04 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Veronica Villa wrote:

I'm a member of LA Casting, so every casting director whose project I submitted to has my number.  And I submit to LOTS of castings!  So anyone on LA Casting could have my number.

They didn't give me a url to their website, but I assume http://www.mmodels.com/frame.html is their web site.

I read all the threads, but I still have no info on how this is a scam.  It's licensed!

And the lady I spoke to is Katherine, as previously mentioned in one of the threads.

Wait wait wait wait!  First off, you need to determine who gave out your number.  Secondly, why the hell would you assume that this is their site?  I haven't even looked at it, but they should have given you the link themselves.  Think woman!

Nov 13 06 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Veronica Villa wrote:

If you feel they may help you and are legit then go check them out.
The people who are responding to this thread are smart experienced people who
know lots about this industry.  However they aren't Veronica and if you don't
go you will always wonder was it a missed opportunity.

Nov 13 06 05:23 pm Link

Model

Aztec Doll

Winnetka, California, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:

Wait wait wait wait!  First off, you need to determine who gave out your number.  Secondly, why the hell would you assume that this is their site?  I haven't even looked at it, but they should have given you the link themselves.  Think woman!

What I did was google "M International agency", then click on the first result, then click on the blue link next to where it says "website."

And there are waaaay too many people out there who could have submitted my number to them.

Nov 13 06 05:26 pm Link

Model

Aztec Doll

Winnetka, California, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
If you feel they may help you and are legit then go check them out.
The people who are responding to this thread are smart experienced people who
know lots about this industry.  However they aren't Veronica and if you don't
go you will always wonder was it a missed opportunity.

I think I'll go check them out.  So far all I heard was "scam scam scam", but no details.  I need to be convinced that this is a scam before I take their word for it.

Nov 13 06 05:28 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Veronica Villa wrote:

What I did was google "M International agency", then click on the first result, then click on the blue link next to where it says "website."

And there are waaaay too many people out there who could have submitted my number to them.

That's not what I said.  Look, it would be simple to ask whoever contacted you who exactly gave them your number.  Shit, you might owe them a thank you note!  Look, it's possible that this is legit and they have a super special project for a 4'11" model, I don't know.  But instead of being so gung ho, be smart.  Why weren't you supplied with a website to look over?

Nov 13 06 05:29 pm Link

Model

Andrea Melissa

what makes you so sure that they are licensed? it says they are but doesnt say by whom. You need to read the previous threads my dear. Also the picture with the office woman at the desks looks shady. The logo is computerized onto the desk, it looks fake.  But go ahead and do what you want. let us know what happens! smile

Nov 13 06 05:50 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Veronica Villa wrote:

Thanks!
-Veronica

So let me get this straight...

you are going to check out, and are extremely excited about an agency that you know absolutely nothing about?

::::spins around in a circle and then falls to the ground with a thud:::

Nov 13 06 05:54 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

~*Isabel Aurora*~ wrote:

So let me get this straight...

you are going to check out, and are extremely excited about an agency that you know absolutely nothing about?

::::spins around in a circle and then falls to the ground with a thud:::

That was a genius response.

Nov 13 06 06:00 pm Link

Model

AuLa

West Hollywood, California, US

Nov 13 06 06:57 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Aussie Guevara wrote:
If your mother said "CAR, CAR!" while you were running into the middle of the street as a child, and you turned around to say, "How do YOU know?", you would have been dead by now.

SCAM SCAM.

she's got a point there wink

Nov 13 06 06:58 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Veronica Villa wrote:
At 4'11", I kind of gave up hope trying to get work in modeling and acting

That would've been a great place to say something else.

Nov 13 06 07:00 pm Link

Model

Andrea Melissa

Aussie Guevara wrote:
If your mother said "CAR, CAR!" while you were running into the middle of the street as a child, and you turned around to say, "How do YOU know?", you would have been dead by now.

SCAM SCAM.

EXACTLY! this is a scam get it through ur head!

Nov 13 06 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Veronica Villa wrote:

I think I'll go check them out.  So far all I heard was "scam scam scam", but no details.  I need to be convinced that this is a scam before I take their word for it.

OK... so go convince yourself, why did you ask in the first place?

Nov 13 06 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Andrea Rios wrote:
what makes you so sure that they are licensed? it says they are but doesnt say by whom. You need to read the previous threads my dear. Also the picture with the office woman at the desks looks shady. The logo is computerized onto the desk, it looks fake.  But go ahead and do what you want. let us know what happens! smile

http://www.dir.ca.gov/databases/dlselr/Talag.html

As a side note... while talent agencies in California are required to be specially licensed by the division of labor, the license doesn't neccessarily guarantee that an agency will continue to operate in a completely honest, moral, or even legal fashion.  This doesn't mean or even imply that the agency that's being discussed is actually operating illegally, I'm just stating that it's possible for a  licensed agency to do so.

Nov 13 06 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

https://www.charlesbeckwith.com/gagimages/scam.jpg

Nov 13 06 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Ched wrote:
https://www.charlesbeckwith.com/gagimages/scam.jpg

Scam, scam, scam, scam, lovely scam, wonderful scam!

I... HATE... SCAM!

Nov 13 06 07:55 pm Link

Model

Aztec Doll

Winnetka, California, US

Aussie Guevara wrote:

SCAM SCAM.

The difference here is, I would have heard the EVIDENCE by the noise of the running motor approaching me.

A lot of people got put away throughout American history without due process just because they are accused of terrorism/communism/being a Pachuco.  I'm an advocate for evidence, rather than accusations.

Nov 13 06 08:00 pm Link

Model

Aztec Doll

Winnetka, California, US

James Jackson wrote:

I think I cleary stated that in the OP.

Nov 13 06 08:02 pm Link

Model

Andrea Melissa

SayCheeZ! wrote:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/databases/dlselr/Talag.html

As a side note... while talent agencies in California are required to be specially licensed by the division of labor, the license doesn't neccessarily guarantee that an agency will continue to operate in a completely honest, moral, or even legal fashion.  This doesn't mean or even imply that the agency that's being discussed is actually operating illegally, I'm just stating that it's possible for a  licensed agency to do so.

sounds good to me!

Nov 13 06 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

Chex

Los Angeles, California, US

Do you have a call back number to make the appointment?
Or an address?

If I remember correctly there was a legit one and a fake.  One was M Models and the other was named M International models or M Models international.  Can't remember, but the only way to figure it out was to get the address they wanted to interview at.

Nov 13 06 08:07 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Veronica Villa wrote:

Well good luck with that then....make sure to let us know how it goes

Nov 13 06 08:07 pm Link

Model

Aztec Doll

Winnetka, California, US

Chex wrote:
Do you have a call back number to make the appointment?
Or an address?

If I remember correctly there was a legit one and a fake.  One was M Models and the other was named M International models or M Models international.  Can't remember, but the only way to figure it out was to get the address they wanted to interview at.

Yeah, the address is 1800 Century Park East, Century City, CA 90067

Nov 13 06 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

James Jackson wrote:

Veronica Villa wrote:

OK....

"I want to know what to expect before my interview tomorrow."

Here's a clue:  Expect a scam...

Nov 13 06 08:10 pm Link

Model

Aztec Doll

Winnetka, California, US

~*Isabel Aurora*~ wrote:

Well good luck with that then....make sure to let us know how it goes

Will do!

Sorry if it looks like I kept going around in circles.  All I am asking for is some evidence.  Many people say it's a scam, but can't back up their statements.  All I want is an example, an anecdote, anything!  I don't need links to previous threads either, because they aren't helpful at all.  They all say the same thing.

Nov 13 06 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Emily Starbuck Gerson

Austin, Indiana, US

I have a friend who was signed with M Models...I'm surprised everyone thinks it is a scam.....

Nov 13 06 08:11 pm Link

Model

Andrea Melissa

Emily Starbuck Gerson wrote:
I have a friend who was signed with M Models...I'm surprised everyone thinks it is a scam.....

M Models International? cuz that is the one we are talking about. there are two. M Models Management and M Models International,  the second one is the scam one.

Nov 13 06 08:24 pm Link

Model

OC Girl

Costa Mesa, California, US

Ok, I don't know if this is evidence or not, because I never went in, but...

Less than a week after I joined MM I recieved a message from a man saying he was a scout for M Models International.  First off, scouts aren't allowed on MM.  He had a photographer's page.  I can't remember the name.  It was a long time ago.  Anyway, the pictures were ok, but not the greatest.  I couldn't picture a model getting work from them.  I assumed he was the "agency photographer".  I never replied.

Granted, I never checked to see if it was legit, but I assumed no.  I had ok shots in my portfolio and I meet agency requirements, but why would a talent scout from a good agency troll around MM looking for potential models?  Yes, there are people here with agency connections.  But models here are constantly getting contacted by them.  If you're a good, reputable agency, you have models contacting you, not the other way around.

Nov 13 06 08:55 pm Link

Model

TroisCouleurs

Dublin, California, US

Andrea Rios wrote:
this is such a scam. please do not go! read the previous threads!!!!!

I might ask stupid question but I do not understand why they would want her to show up for an interview?

Is it one of the fake angencies that just want ti rip her off by offering paid "promotion service"? Or is there something else behind it?

Nov 13 06 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

While M Models International does have a license as required by California law, they do not display their license number on their advertising (which is also required by California law).  M Models International may or may not be refraining from displaying their license number as a way of keeping people from being able to file complaints against them.

M Models claims to have a location in Las Vegas, NV, but there is no record of any licensed or legally operating agency in Clark County, NV.  The Las Vegas address that they advertise belongs to a totally different company that has no relation to M Model International.

The photos of their 'office' displayed on the M Models International website are poorly edited pictures of a receptionists desk with the M Models International logo superimposed over it.  While that's not illegal... it kind of makes ya wonder about their legitimacy.

Nov 13 06 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

OC Girl wrote:
Ok, I don't know if this is evidence or not, because I never went in, but...

Less than a week after I joined MM I recieved a message from a man saying he was a scout for M Models International.  First off, scouts aren't allowed on MM.  He had a photographer's page.  I can't remember the name.  It was a long time ago.  Anyway, the pictures were ok, but not the greatest.  I couldn't picture a model getting work from them.  I assumed he was the "agency photographer".  I never replied.

Granted, I never checked to see if it was legit, but I assumed no.  I had ok shots in my portfolio and I meet agency requirements, but why would a talent scout from a good agency troll around MM looking for potential models?  Yes, there are people here with agency connections.  But models here are constantly getting contacted by them.  If you're a good, reputable agency, you have models contacting you, not the other way around.

SayCheeZ! wrote:
While M Models International does have a license as required by California law, they do not display their license number on their advertising (which is also required by California law).  M Models International may or may not be refraining from displaying their license number as a way of keeping people from being able to file complaints against them.

M Models claims to have a location in Las Vegas, NV, but there is no record of any licensed or legally operating agency in Clark County, NV.  The Las Vegas address that they advertise belongs to a totally different company that has no relation to M Model International.

The photos of their 'office' displayed on the M Models International website are poorly edited pictures of a receptionists desk with the M Models International logo superimposed over it.  While that's not illegal... it kind of makes ya wonder about their legitimacy.

I think these posts qualify as compelling anecdotal evidence, and coupled with the fact that you're 4'11", I smell scam.  Let us know how the interview goes - if it's a scam, other models will want to know.

Nov 13 06 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Chex

Los Angeles, California, US

Welp..  I searched and searched and found nothing..There are some business license / ficitious business names filed in California with "m models management" and "m models international.".  I can't seem to find any sign of M Models management anywhere anymore.  I found all the things I remember about the 2 companies, but its all links and things other people have said.  So my advice,

Go enjoy and let us know how it all goes.

Last bit of advice, dont sign anything there.. Bring whatever they want you to sign home.  If you can't, thats a red flag beyond all red flags.

Nov 14 06 12:00 am Link

Model

Andrea Melissa

TroisCouleurs wrote:

I might ask stupid question but I do not understand why they would want her to show up for an interview?

Is it one of the fake angencies that just want ti rip her off by offering paid "promotion service"? Or is there something else behind it?

i would love to know the answer to this too. lol let us know what happens girl! good luck!

Nov 14 06 01:00 am Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

OK, I'm curious. your appointment was today. Did you go for the appointment? Did you take a credit card or checkbook with you? How much did they take you for?

Nov 14 06 06:45 pm Link

Model

Aztec Doll

Winnetka, California, US

I ended up having to reschedule because I couldn't get transportation from Valley Village to Century City.  Being car-less SUCKS!  I would have made plans in advance to take Metro, but I woke up too late.  I didn't find out that my boyfriend's mom needed the car until the morning of.  However, I told her two weeks ago I needed her car today, and gave her several reminders of today's interview.

Nov 14 06 08:41 pm Link