Forums > General Industry > I have an interview with M International tomorrow!

Model

Adieu

TXPhotog wrote:
Veronica, it's time to face the truth.

A "talent agency" might be interested in you, since there are few height requirements for acting.  And once in a while a talent agency gets modeling jobs, because they have people on their books that model agencies do not.

However . . . any MODEL agency that approaches you is a scam.  At 4'11" you simply cannot and will not find a real model agency that will be interested.  You will continue to attract offers from scammers of one kind or another, but that's all.

Shakira is 4'11 !!!

Nov 14 06 08:48 pm Link

Model

TroisCouleurs

Dublin, California, US

Veronica Villa wrote:
I ended up having to reschedule because I couldn't get transportation from Valley Village to Century City.

sad
Oh well, looks like we'll never find out what is it they wanted from you (other people)

Nov 15 06 03:01 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Monica Jay wrote:
Shakira is 4'11 !!!

What part of "she is a singer" don't you understand?

Nov 15 06 06:46 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

TXPhotog wrote:

You beat me to it.

Nov 15 06 07:54 am Link

Model

Ryan6663

New York, New York, US

Monica Jay wrote:

Shakira is 4'11 !!!

shakira is not a model...

Nov 15 06 09:22 am Link

Model

Ryan6663

New York, New York, US

and so after all the the girl flaked out LOL

Nov 15 06 09:23 am Link

Photographer

MartinImages

Los Angeles, California, US

Just my two cents.

I have heard 3 firsthand accounts of M Models INTERNATIONAL (in Century City) being a hustle.  NOT legit. Trying to collect fees for service.  Filling their roster with faces that have no chance of being booked for anything.

In addition, the web (and MM is full of links, above) is FULL of bad experiences with this agency.  And they contact everything that squats to pee from modeling websites.

M Model Management is on Melrose Ave. And they're a good legitimate agency.   It's confusing checking credentials because of the similarity in the names.

And I hear you wanting this to be legitimate.  And applaud you for your enthusiasm.  But it's NOT legitimate.   As many many models before you have found.

ANY time an agency in Los Angeles contacts you...without you having recently submitted to them...is most likely a scam.   And casting agents do not give out names to agencies as a rule, either.  Why would they? 

And you should not ask all these kind people questions if you aren't open to their responses.  Just uncool.   Excited/enthusiastic is good.   Closed minded is not. 

Good luck.  There's lots of good agencies in L.A.  and lots of resources on Model Mayhem to find them.

B

Nov 15 06 05:42 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Oh...and is a Spanish singer!!! Still living' IN Spain.

Nov 15 06 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

AU fotografia

Houston, Texas, US

Crazy-Evil Angelus wrote:

Oh...and is a Spanish singer!!! Still living' IN Spain.

hahahah she's from colombia *Giggle* and she doesn't need her looks with her talent, but heck, she has THE LOOKS.. she's a well rounded star wink if you know what i mean tongue

Nov 15 06 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Thyronne

Huntington Beach, California, US

I had a close friend who was "signed" by M Models International , the same one in Century City.  I instantly thought "scam" because realistically, while she was a pretty girl and had done a lot of bikini and tease modeling, she was not a girl I could see a legit agency scouting.  I know people who have been scammed in the past, and they didn't do any of the things scam agencies usually do, they didn't insist on her shooting with a specific photographer, they were fine with her using someone they didn't even know, and she was able to get her photos and cards printed when and where she wanted.  They never did get her any work.  I have since met quite a few other girls who were also signed with them, I don't think any of them had ever booked work through this agency, it's as if they're collecting girls other agencies don't want.

Considering your size and age I would look to get with a commercial talent agency.  I know a couple commercial agents and they like to have talent who are over 18 but can play younger, it saves a lot of headache with child labor issues on productions.  I would always trust an agency you contact or are introduced to by another client over one that randomly contacts you, unless you happen to be one of those young, thin and tall freaks of nature with the bone structure all the major agencies seem to fight over.

Nov 15 06 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Chex

Los Angeles, California, US

When is your rescheduled appointment?

Nov 15 06 08:13 pm Link