Forums > General Industry > How many of you look?

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

E|||B wrote:

Gimmie a break Melissa. You've been on these forums quite awhile. Half the people don't even seem to read the damn THREAD before they reply, let alone take the time to read a freakin' profile!

But I know some of them do cuz they mention it in their reply.  smile  I was just askin.

Nov 05 06 03:41 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Nov 05 06 03:42 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

Depends on the topic..

Nov 05 06 04:09 am Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

sometimes

Nov 05 06 08:44 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

I always do.

Nov 05 06 08:51 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

sometimes

Nov 05 06 08:51 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Two things draw me into a profile:

1.  A really eye-catching avatar.
2.  A really good post, or history of them.  Makes me wonder who this cool cat is.

An optional 3 would come into play in, say, critique threads or threads where someone is using their work as an example of something or other, and it has to be looked at in order to understand the thread.

Nov 05 06 08:55 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

I seldom put my own photos up on the critique forum, but when I do, I always check out the profiles and portfolios of those who critique my photos.  I think the quality I see in their own work is directly proportional to the credence I lend to their critique.

I always check out the profile and portfolios of those who send me friends requests before I will approve them.

Nov 05 06 09:00 am Link

Photographer

toan thai photography

Montgomery Village, Maryland, US

Jim Ball wrote:
I seldom put my own photos up on the critique forum, but when I do, I always check out the profiles and portfolios of those who critique my photos.  I think the quality I see in their own work is directly proportional to the credence I lend to their critique.

I always check out the profile and portfolios of those who send me friends requests before I will approve them.

same here

Nov 05 06 09:29 am Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Depends on the topic and their avatar.

Nov 05 06 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

really depends on what I'm replying to.

Nov 05 06 01:26 pm Link

Model

OC Girl

Costa Mesa, California, US

Depends on what the post is about and if it's relevent.  I always check friend requests and I always check castings.  Gotta love the people that respond to castings and ask where the photographer is located.  Hello, did you not look at their profile and pictures at all?  How do you know if you'd even want to shoot with them?

Nov 05 06 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Ian Maddela

San Diego, California, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Always.

Ditto.

Nov 05 06 07:17 pm Link

Model

DOne

Seattle, Washington, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:
How many of you look at a poster's profile before you reply to them?  I'm just curious.

More often than not, yes....I do this because reading someones post is often fickle. You read the post one way and it was intended to be read another way.

Case in point, the last time I posted to a thread without checking the profile first ...I responded to her (the poster) ......then went to check out her profile. I had taken her completely wrong...I went back and edited my response afterwards to correctly respond to her.

It doesnt take much to read something wrong....as I found out really quick.

Meela

Nov 05 06 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

SunSplash Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Depends on the post.  Looking for work, always.  Models, most of the time.  Requests for input, always.  Just general mayhem, not often.

Nov 05 06 07:45 pm Link