Forums > General Industry > Why do so few reply to emails?

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

GLB Graphics wrote:
I agree! About a month ago I e-mailed a fellow MM Photographer seeking some information on an event, and got absolutely no reply. I'm guessing a person has to belong to some elite club in order to comunicate with certain members.

Gary

Or he didn't want to share the wealth/a good opportunity.

Nov 05 06 10:26 am Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I had a photographer tell me he wanted to work with me.  He made posts on my page, left comments and seemed really eager to work with me.  I didn't really have time, but I told him that I would keep him in mind and that we would work out a date at a later time.  When I had the chance, I emailed him back and he told me that he "wasn't sure" if I would be right for his next photo shoot.  He said we'd have to meet (again) and then he would decide.  He obviously feels that he is very important and I think he wanted me to beg to shoot with him.  I replied to him and let him know that if he wanted to work with me, to let me know, but that I didn't want to waste my time trying to figure out what he wanted.  He read the message and didn't reply.  I sent him another message telling him that I saw he read my message and hadn't heard from him.  He replied and I basically said that it wasn't going to work.  I found it very unprofessional.  At least I didn't lose anything.

Nov 05 06 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Tatphotos

Los Angeles, California, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
Although this has been discussed a thousand times it bears repeating.
If you have taken the time to place a profile and images and are interested in working for pay or Test images then respond to any and all serious offers.  Even if
its to say you are busy or aren't interested.  Yes it may mean taking a few extra
minutes from your day.  Yes it may be a pain in the ass but you are a small business in many ways.  You don't ignore people who are knocking at your door
with offers.

Some people feel no reply is a response and they are also correct but some people feel its rude so be polite and respond.  In the past I've emailed models with TFP
offers.  No response.  Then I have a paid shoot and here they come asking for
consideration, my respond is no.  Immature, sure but I want to work with people
who at least can take the time to respond even if its no.

I think im gonna email all of you photographers who are whinning via my model account and keep track of which one of you actually responds.

Nov 05 06 01:25 pm Link