Forums > General Industry > Narcissism and the photographer/model

Photographer

Stonekey Photography

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

ravens laughter wrote:
"they were indeed true artists.."

Does this mean then that any one who us arrogant, self obsessive, or narcissistic cannot be a true artist?

Well let's see... We need t erase Picasso, Van gogh, toulouse Le trec, geiger, Pollock, adams, witkin, maplethorpe, and oh yeah.... Me.

I think you hit it on the head there....  the classification of those various people, while they may very well fall under abnormal phyc, do not necessarily fall under narcissism.  The rest is open for interpretation.

Oct 25 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

Are you telling me that I'm wrong?

Lol

I am sure that the APA would disagree with me... They disagreed with frued, with spock, and with Dr Laura.

By the way hasn't NAMBLA used the APAs own eggheads to justify their predatory behavior?

I wouldn't much care if the APA disagree....

Oct 25 06 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Stonekey Photography

ravens laughter wrote:
Are you telling me that I'm wrong?

Lol

I am sure that the APA would disagree with me... They disagreed with frued, with spock, and with Dr Laura.

By the way hasn't NAMBLA used the APAs own eggheads to justify their predatory behavior?

I wouldn't much care if the APA disagree....

Most psychologists have not sufficiently overcome their own issues...  I am a much bigger fan of anthropological research.

"Language is a form of human reason, which has its internal logic of which man knows nothing." - Claude Levi-Strauss

Oct 25 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

Stonekey Photography

Searcher wrote:

But for an artist to be truly self-absorbed is to reach a negative nirvana where the work simply flows from your veins. In one way a bad thing, in another way an incredibly good thing. The valleys allow the peaks.

You crack me up lol...

Nov 03 06 07:14 am Link

Model

Isis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Doug Lester wrote:
Maybe you are right, but have you considered it could simply be salesmanship? I don't recall ever getting a gig by either shyness or mininmizing my photographic abilities.

Exactly, I had a long response, but you pinpointed it.

Nov 03 06 07:16 am Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

Nemesis73 wrote:
empty can rattles the most.

N.

True. 

I just LOVE photography, that's pretty much it.

Nov 03 06 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Bryan Patrick Coleman wrote:
What I want to know is how many of them realize that narcissism is a mask for deep seeded insecurity issues.  Therefor when they become narcissistic their insecurity is there for all the world to see.

Actually, awhile back in the last tremors of an effort to save our marriage I was determined to have a "narcissistic personality."  Something less than a disorder, but something more than "normal."

So what?

-Don

Nov 03 06 05:42 pm Link