Forums > General Industry > huge diff btwn i love your work &i i wanna work

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

There is a huge difference boys and girls between I LOVE YOUR WORK and I WANNA WORK WITH YOU....

I learned this early on, and so now I am passing it on...

Oct 20 06 03:56 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Not for me!  If I love it, I want to be part of it!

Oct 20 06 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Shyly wrote:
Not for me!  If I love it, I want to be part of it!

Shyly, i love your works.

Oct 20 06 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

Los Angeles, California, US

The thing is a lot of models with a commercial look want to tailor their port for commercial work. I can't say as I blame them. That doesn't stop them from admiring something that they don't want to do.

Oct 20 06 03:58 pm Link

Model

Loretta Lightningbolt

DEVILS ELBOW, Missouri, US

I agree with Shyly!  If I love it, I want to be right there!

Oct 20 06 04:01 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Yeah...the difference is that "I love your work" often means "I'm just saying this so you'll comment on my pictures"..."I wanna work with you" means the model actually does love your work...enough that they want to be part of it" tongue

Oct 20 06 04:07 pm Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

I may love it but I dont think anyone will want me there tongue

Oct 20 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

There are plenty of times I honestly do love it, but they're not fit for what I generally do, or I doubt we'll both have the chance because of opportunity/geography/time/availability of resources, etc. I'd assume it's the same when a lot of people comment or friend request me, and so forth.

Oct 20 06 04:13 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
Yeah...the difference is that "I love your work" often means "I'm just saying this so you'll comment on my pictures"..."I wanna work with you" means the model actually does love your work...enough that they want to be part of it" tongue

smile
I agree :-)

Oct 20 06 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

I love this thread big_smile

Oct 20 06 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

I love your work.  I wanna have your babies.

Oct 20 06 06:23 pm Link

Model

Azaylia Sen

Dallas, Texas, US

I love your work tongue

Oct 20 06 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

One model here told me she wanted to work with me and to let her know when I want to shoot. She has yet to reply to any of my messages. If you don't want to work with me, cool. Just don't tell me you want to. I seriously have better luck with MySpace.

Oct 20 06 07:18 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

ravens laughter wrote:
There is a huge difference boys and girls between I LOVE YOUR WORK and I WANNA WORK WITH YOU....

Not for me.

If I type: I want to work with you...that means, I want to work with you and it says you do TFP right there in your profile...

If I type: I love your work...that means, I want to work with you, but you wrote No TFP and I don't want to step on you toes.

Oct 20 06 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I love a lot of work that I don't wish that I had made.  I love the work of a lot of models I don't want to work with.

Oct 20 06 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Grandart

Chicago, Illinois, US

Daniela V wrote:

Not for me.

If I type: I want to work with you...that means, I want to work with you and it says you do TFP right there in your profile...

If I type: I love your work...that means, I want to work with you, but you wrote No TFP and I don't want to step on you toes.

Daniella, You have got it right.

Oct 20 06 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

megafunk

"I want to wear your skin then howl at the moon in C#."

You know, they rarely follow through on that one. I guess most don't have perfect pitch.

Oct 20 06 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Cohn

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

i get "i love your work... but...

I live too far away...

I cant afford to pay for a shoot

Im used to being paid

This is just a hobby for me

I dont do nudes (which i dont require at all anyway)

Im not gothic

I dont have any tattoos

and so on.

Oct 21 06 02:16 am Link

Model

MoDeLkA

Fair Oaks, California, US

IF I want to work with someone I would simply ask...which I don't usually do because whoever would want to work with me would ask me first....

I guess I am weired sad

Angie

Oct 21 06 02:26 am Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Jason McKendricks wrote:
One model here told me she wanted to work with me and to let her know when I want to shoot. She has yet to reply to any of my messages. If you don't want to work with me, cool. Just don't tell me you want to. I seriously have better luck with MySpace.

I've had more of that here than anywhere. I can't count the number of models who write me saying, "I love your work. I'd love a chance to work with you. Is that a possibilty?". I'll write back agreeing to work with them and that's as far as it goes. I don't get it. Lol...

Why do models do that??? I'm to the point now where I'm like, 'yeah, uh huh...' and don't even give it a second thought.

Oct 21 06 02:33 am Link

Photographer

Photocraft

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

If they accept your friend request, they commit to working with you. Doesn't everyone know that?
smile

Oct 21 06 03:30 am Link

Photographer

Spark Studios

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Rossi Photography wrote:

I've had more of that here than anywhere. I can't count the number of models who write me saying, "I love your work. I'd love a chance to work with you. Is that a possibilty?". I'll write back agreeing to work with them and that's as far as it goes. I don't get it. Lol...

Why do models do that??? I'm to the point now where I'm like, 'yeah, uh huh...' and don't even give it a second thought.

I have had that too where they say they wish to work with me but after I agree I never hear back or they come up with an excuse right before the shoot and never re-schedule. Oh well there are plenty to work with out there and i want to work with everyone LOL

When I comment on a port, I would definitely work with that person if the opportunity came about.

Oct 21 06 08:00 am Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

"I love your work" is a compliment and acknowledgement.
I do not expect all models who comment as such would actually work with me
nor do I neccessarily want to work/create with them.
I have connected with MM models and am better off for the experiences as
I belive those who have chosen to work with me would say as well.
It's all good.

Oct 21 06 08:21 am Link

Photographer

David Birdsong

Pontiac, Michigan, US

You know what, I had a model out in SoCal leave me a comment how she loved my work and would love to shoot with me..
As it turns out, the same day she left that comment, I was offered a new job and I was going to be in SoCal for a few days this week, so I wrote her a message asking if she wanted to shoot and she just ignored me and the guy who's studio I was shooting at too..
Go figure...

Oct 21 06 08:32 am Link

Photographer

edgymodels

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

i love your work means i like what you are doing and have done..i want to work with you means,,  i would like for you to photgraph me BUT I WON"T SHOW!!! thats what that means..models flake out the last minutes.. so why barther..i'm going back using agencies models the models on here just like being internet models..
michel
edgy models
ps.if they only knew how many doors would have open for them!!!

Oct 21 06 08:37 am Link

Photographer

Creative Image

Avon, Connecticut, US

TorchGlow wrote:
If they accept your friend request, they commit to working with you. Doesn't everyone know that?
smile

No, they don't.

Ron

Oct 21 06 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

I thought I love your work meant I love your work. And I want to work with you meant I want to work with you. I know that no means no and 1+1=2. Wal-Mart has cheap AA batteries and a great deal on Midol this month.
The only people who want to work with me are beautiful,clever and oh so talented.

Oct 21 06 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

ravens laughter wrote:

I agree.  I admire plenty of other people's work but I think they are pigs outside of their work.  I try to stay away from them.

Oct 21 06 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
I thought I love your work meant I love your work. And I want to work with you meant I want to work with you. I know that no means no and 1+1=2. Wal-Mart has cheap AA batteries and a great deal on Midol this month.
The only people who want to work with me are beautiful,clever and oh so talented.

Whatever man, whatever!!

Checks calculator

yikes

Oct 21 06 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

Whatever man, whatever!!

Checks calculator

yikes

here use mine..............needs a battery, use your own

Oct 21 06 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

for me "I love your work" means "eh, your work is ok- I could see myself doing it if x, y, and z"

x= I beg her
y= I fly her in
z= I shoot her in any style she wants

Basically- they do this as a tag cuz they want me to solicit the request- thus putting me in the position of the one who is asking and her in the position of the one who is doing me a favor.  If they have a bit of time- they do this in a couple comments (which I believe is nicer- cuz at least that takes time).  They dont mail direct cuz that would put them in a position of being the one asking and weakens their bargaining position.

This is why I write on my about me the following:

"Bookings: I appreciate Tags and Comments, however, if you would like to book a shoot with me- pease message me direct with what you are looking for including your contact info. You can also reach me on Yahoo or AIM Instant Messengers."

-Jose

Oct 21 06 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I don't even talk to anybody unless they're someone I want to work with in some capacity.  By the time I say "I Love It!" I'm probably on my way to the airport already.

Oct 21 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Collin J. Rae

Winchester, Virginia, US

ravens laughter wrote:

Yes a huge difference indeed...and it's very important to have both types of people seeing and responding to your work....those who love the work for what it is and those who love it and actually want to participate in the creating of it...or hell for that matter it's as important to have those who hate it for what it is and those who hate and still want to participate in it = )

Oct 21 06 12:22 pm Link

Model

Alex Davenport

Spokane, Missouri, US

Jose Luis wrote:
for me "I love your work" means "eh, your work is ok- I could see myself doing it if x, y, and z"

x= I beg her
y= I fly her in
z= I shoot her in any style she wants

Basically- they do this as a tag cuz they want me to solicit the request- thus putting me in the position of the one who is asking and her in the position of the one who is doing me a favor.  If they have a bit of time- they do this in a couple comments (which I believe is nicer- cuz at least that takes time).  They dont mail direct cuz that would put them in a position of being the one asking and weakens their bargaining position.

This is why I write on my about me the following:

"Bookings: I appreciate Tags and Comments, however, if you would like to book a shoot with me- pease message me direct with what you are looking for including your contact info. You can also reach me on Yahoo or AIM Instant Messengers."

-Jose

Anyone who thinks you work is just 'okay' is crazy or blind, jose.

Oct 21 06 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

If I tag a model and say "I luv your look/work" it means I want to work with that model. It doesn't always mean I'm prepared to pay that model, yet.

If I tag a photographer and say something nice about their work, it means respect and I'd like to shoot something like that, someday.

Oct 21 06 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

And "nice look" for me means "You look great - your photos, on the other hand, could be better"

Oct 21 06 12:34 pm Link

Model

Tachibana

A lot of times If I say "I love your work." I am saying that because the photgrapher is someone that I would love to work with in the future.  But a lot of times, I'll follow my comment with "Let's work together." or.. something like that, to clarify.  Or I'll send them an e-mail after.

I think this also works both ways, with photographers, saying they love your work... and the model being like, "well... wait.. what does that mean?"

Oct 21 06 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

When I say "I love your work" it means "I like you and the photographer and think the images are good."

Oct 21 06 12:45 pm Link