Forums > General Industry > Models' Toes--Painted or Clear?

Photographer

Tzalam

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

short clean and clear is what i like

Oct 13 06 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

Tzalam

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

bump

Oct 13 06 08:15 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Susi wrote:
Finally some sanity, the french thing on toes just looks weird and creepy.

It looks weird and creepy on fingers, too. But toe nails shouldn't really be that long anyway, unless you need them for climbing trees and fending off predators.

I go with clear and a shear nude tone unless otherwise requested.

Oct 13 06 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

none of the above

Marina del Rey, California, US

nothing to draw the focus away from the subject. the preference is complimentary whatever that may be.

as an old wives tale, a gentleman should notice the feet of a lady first. shoes are the foundation of character and painted toenails will tell that the lady has taken time and care on such a menial task that she probably takes great care in the upkeep of the rest her life.

--face reality

Oct 13 06 09:01 pm Link

Model

Girrrl

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I usually like coloured toe nails (red) and clear or french tip finger nails because I find on my feet, polish makes my toes look shorter for some reason and clearish nails don't draw too much attention.

Oct 14 06 02:08 am Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

For totally bare feet, clear or no nail polish.  Closely trimmed nails. 

In shoes (toes showing), red (Wow!!) or black (Wow, Wow!!!).

Oct 14 06 02:13 am Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

For my shoots, unless we're shooting something specific for a client, I ask the models to either go with clear (neatly trimmed) or with a summery color (red, pink, white, silver maybe...).  The "French" pedicure is ok too.

I do run a foot-fetish/bondage website so I need to be responsive to my customers, and their preference seems to be either the French style or "fire engine" red (the bright red that really stands out.)

There are some models who can make other colors work, depending on their look and style.

Oct 14 06 09:13 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

As a preference, I go for the dark colors , Remeber Chanel Vamp ladies???

I always ask the photographer , if they say I dont care i generally show wirth my nails painted red...

My nails are long so people like to see them painted .. but i am an Alt. Art model, so it's a bit different than fashion.

Oct 14 06 09:18 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

theda wrote:

It looks weird and creepy on fingers, too. But toe nails shouldn't really be that long anyway, unless you need them for climbing trees and fending off predators.

I go with clear and a shear nude tone unless otherwise requested.

fending off predators smile heheh!!!

Oct 14 06 09:19 am Link

Model

Libby Glanzer

Alexandria, Minnesota, US

gsvb wrote:
Mine are always painted black

yea, does anyone have opinions on the new black fashion that had like whole page articles in the last 2-3 W's?

Oct 14 06 10:10 am Link

Photographer

David Birdsong

Pontiac, Michigan, US

I prefer clear.. nothing is worse than open toed shoes with pink toe nails and a dress or outfit that it clashes with...

Oct 14 06 10:16 am Link