Forums > General Industry > big breasts

Model

Chyvonne Amara

Washington, Arkansas, US

Which are preferrable for a shoot... Big or small or medium... I mean... Which look better... Naturally?
I was thinkin of a reduction soon. sad

Oct 10 06 03:59 pm Link

Model

Elisa Lee

East Lansing, Michigan, US

What type of modeling are you inquiring about?  Smaller breasts are preferred for high fashion and runway modeling.  While models with larger breasts are better suited for lingerie, swimsuit or glamour.  Of course take height/size requirements into consideration as well.

Oct 10 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

photographybyfrank

Clearwater, Florida, US

Chyvonne Amara wrote:
Which are preferrable for a shoot... Big or small or medium... I mean... Which look better... Naturally?

B-cup is perfect for anything, what you weigh will determine what cup size you should have

Oct 10 06 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

You can never go wrong with "proportionate" or is it "proportional" ? Ok it might be Starbucks time.

Oct 10 06 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Chyvonne Amara wrote:

You're thinking of getting a breast reduction for a shoot? Now that's dedication. I sure hope it isn't a tfp/tfcd shoot.

Oct 10 06 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

OK, some honesty here. Your profile shows you are 190 pounds and 39-32-41. That means you are very heavy for modeling, but are well proportioned, with a very acceptable 7 inch difference between breast and waist. My advice is, if you considering breast reduction surgery, which is far more serious surgery than breast enlargement, for personal reasons, then go for it. But if you are considering it for modeling purposes, in my opinion it would be a mistake. For modeling purposes,  overall weight reduction would help you much more. Jobs for 190 pound female models are limited.

Oct 10 06 08:07 pm Link

Model

Mircalla

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Doug Lester wrote:
OK, some honesty here. Your profile shows you are 190 pounds and 39-32-41. That means you are very heavy for modeling, but are well proportioned, with a very acceptable 7 inch difference between breast and waist. My advice is, if you considering breast reduction surgery, which is far more serious surgery than breast enlargement, for personal reasons, then go for it. But if you are considering it for modeling purposes, in my opinion it would be a mistake. For modeling purposes,  overall weight reduction would help you much more. Jobs for 190 pound female models are limited.

That's pretty shallow. Apparently you haven't been keeping up with the modeling industry because there is an entire network for heavier models. And just because she's 190 lbs doesn't make her "heavy". My sister is 5'7" and 185 lbs and has been modeling for 5 years and trust me, she is NOT heavy in any way, shape or form.

Oct 10 06 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

Chyvonne Amara wrote:

Yep. All of those. All are fine. Bring whatcha got.

Oct 10 06 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

RGK Photography

Wilton, Connecticut, US

Mircalla wrote:
That's pretty shallow. Apparently you haven't been keeping up with the modeling industry because there is an entire network for heavier models. And just because she's 190 lbs doesn't make her "heavy". My sister is 5'7" and 185 lbs and has been modeling for 5 years and trust me, she is NOT heavy in any way, shape or form.

I know I am risking getting slammed for this, but she is heavy. If this is what makes her happy then that is where she should be, but just as skinny models are being called out, heavy ones should be too.

Unless you are pure muscle, 5'7" and 185 is overweight..sorry.

Oct 10 06 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Stamford, Connecticut, US

Mircalla wrote:

See this is why there is no honesty on this board (and others) and one of the many reasons that makes this a haven for GWC and GWP...

This was an honest answer and it was delivered with tact.  It was certainly delivered much nicer than it would ever have been delivered by a booker or an AD...  And before I get lectured on "plus sized models", she is not sized to work as a PSM either.

And of course it's shallow, it's MODELING!!???!!!  I mean, WTF???

Oct 10 06 10:03 pm Link

Model

Teresa P

New York, New York, US

I have tiny boobies hmm  I hate them most days... but I have other assets that I love!! A few photogs have told me that medium breasts are best, because then you don't look like a flat-chested child, and sometimes big can be hard to work with! oh, I've never had the experience haha but I think you look great, good luck with your decision

Oct 10 06 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Mircalla wrote:

It's a little peculiar that you're talking about "an entire network for heavier models" and then in the next sentence say that 190 doesn't make her heavy.

Ok, so 190 isn't "heavy."  What is?

Oct 10 06 10:25 pm Link

Model

Miss Martina

Dallas, Georgia, US

Look..it doesn't matter what your breast size.
Be Fierce at anything and everything you do.

Just because it's the norm doesn't mean you have to stick to it.
Break the mold and set trends.

Oct 10 06 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Teresa P wrote:
I have tiny boobies hmm  I hate them most days... but I have other assets that I love!! A few photogs have told me that medium breasts are best, because then you don't look like a flat-chested child, and sometimes big can be hard to work with! oh, I've never had the experience haha but I think you look great, good luck with your decision

** looking at Teresa's images..... **

Sweetie!  you ain't got nothing to hate!

Oct 10 06 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

Thor Meeks

Midwest City, Oklahoma, US

Chyvonne Amara wrote:

I think that you look very good with what you have.  Don't modify yourself to what you think other people would want.  Do what will make you happy.

My opinion is that you should stay with what God gave you.

If you were in my area, I would definately want to work with you.  I have a few other photographer friends that would agree with me.

On you...  Big is better.  I don't think smaller breasts would work as well for you.

Just my opinion...   Stay as beautifull as you are.

Thor

Oct 10 06 10:38 pm Link

Model

Amanda Padilla

New York, New York, US

Dont get a reduction, unless ur back is killing you!!!

Oct 10 06 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

Paramour Productions wrote:

*snort

Oct 10 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

let me be real shallow, small medium or large all work for me.

Oct 10 06 10:43 pm Link

Model

Kelly Kooper

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Doug Lester wrote:

I've been modeling for 5 years and I can tell you, this kind of comment is much more appreciated than the hollow 'you look great' that is usually given out without any real thought or meaning. If you were looking for fake compliments, there are always plenty of those. But take note of what Doug has said because he's telling it straight....and if you're really interested in a truthful answer, these brutal  honest replies are the ones to listen to.

From my perspective, I've been plus size and I've a more common Size 10. I prefer a thinner look for my body shape because I feel healthier and generally more confident. This isn't the case for everyone and if you are one of those girls, by all means, celebrate what you have. But if you're asking questions about breast reductions, I would have to ask if that were all you really wanted to reduce. I think smaller boobs would be vastly out of proportion with the rest of the body. Ask yourself if it's smaller boobs you want or a smaller frame because they require two completely different courses of action.

Oct 10 06 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

David Pankhurst Photo

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Kelly Kooper wrote:
I've been modeling for 5 years and I can tell you, this kind of comment is much more appreciated than the hollow 'you look great' that is usually given out without any real thought or meaning. If you were looking for fake compliments, there are always plenty of those. But take note of what Doug has said because he's telling it straight....and if you're really interested in a truthful answer, these brutal  honest replies are the ones to listen to.

From my perspective, I've been plus size and I've a more common Size 10. I prefer a thinner look for my body shape because I feel healthier and generally more confident. This isn't the case for everyone and if you are one of those girls, by all means, celebrate what you have. But if you're asking questions about breast reductions, I would have to ask if that were all you really wanted to reduce. I think smaller boobs would be vastly out of proportion with the rest of the body. Ask yourself if it's smaller boobs you want or a smaller frame because they require two completely different courses of action.

FANTASTIC...A thoughtful, accurate and sensitive honest response.  What a change from the usual inane "You look wonderful" comment to fuzzy phonecam pix, or poorly posed and lighted sharp images from prosumers.  She seemed to want real advice and you both did a wonderful job.  Congratulations...that's what this site should be doing in my opinion.

Oct 10 06 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

Mircalla wrote:

lets be a bit more specific in the term modeling shall we?

glamour modeling?
fashion?
art?

and is this "network of models" making any money at modeling?

Oct 10 06 11:07 pm Link

Model

Mia Mali

Los Angeles, California, US

RGK Photography wrote:

I know I am risking getting slammed for this, but she is heavy. If this is what makes her happy then that is where she should be, but just as skinny models are being called out, heavy ones should be too.

Unless you are pure muscle, 5'7" and 185 is overweight..sorry.

my best friend is 5'8" and pure muscle.  around 140.  185 and pure muscle at that height on a female is walking into Arnold territory

Oct 10 06 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

I don't care what you have.....all breasts are beautiful no matter what size. I have shot with the flattest of models and models who were beyond big and I just posed them and lit them so they looked good. work with what you have and don't worry if you are too small or too big.......they are all perfect in my opinion

Oct 10 06 11:16 pm Link

Model

Mia Mali

Paramour Productions wrote:
See this is why there is no honesty on this board (and others) and one of the many reasons that makes this a haven for GWC and GWP...

This was an honest answer and it was delivered with tact.  It was certainly delivered much nicer than it would ever have been delivered by a booker or an AD...  And before I get lectured on "plus sized models", she is not sized to work as a PSM either.

k, so I'm new here.  GWC/GWP??

and what is sized for a plus sized model?

Oct 10 06 11:20 pm Link

Model

Krisha

New York, New York, US

don't ever consider the surgery for anything, except for the reason to stop your back from hurting.

Oct 10 06 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

Mia Darling wrote:
k, so I'm new here.  GWC/GWP??

Guy with Camera, Guy with Phone, used as - guy who uses camera in attempt to get laid.

Oct 10 06 11:53 pm Link

Model

Chyvonne Amara

Washington, Arkansas, US

I appreciate the feedback guys... And to the male photographers telling me that I am heavy, hell yeah I am heavy... thats why I need a strong man to pick me up when he wants it a little kinky... and as far as limited work for "heavier models"... don't be mad because we dont want YOU to photograph us... And you know what, I was feeling insecure for a bit when i posted this... But i feel fine... My boobs are me, they are beautiful and they go so well with my MUSCULAR, BROWN, long legs.... like milk to the cookies, and you're unaapreciative of what I've got, don't scan my page or respond to my posts... Individual comments coming up...

Oct 11 06 09:00 am Link

Model

Chyvonne Amara

Washington, Arkansas, US

Doug Lester wrote:

You're just dumb and close minded, fucc the honesty part of it... Cuz I got some for that ass too!
My body looks far more better than yours or any model you've dealt with, I eat, I exercise and I call it day...U?

Oct 11 06 09:03 am Link

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

J Schumacher wrote:

Guy with Camera, Guy with Phone, used as - guy who uses camera in attempt to get laid.

What??? No way... that never happens!

Oct 11 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Its like putting a baby's head on a grown adult. Lose the boobs, then wont look natural to the rest of the body. Then you'll have to match the body size to the boob size.

Oct 11 06 09:26 am Link

Model

Chyvonne Amara

Washington, Arkansas, US

FosbreStudios wrote:
Its like putting a baby's head on a grown adult. Lose the boobs, then wont look natural to the rest of the body. Then you'll have to match the body size to the boob size.

So you are saying that my boobies look good on me as they rightfully belong, correct?

Oct 11 06 09:31 am Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Chyvonne Amara wrote:

So you are saying that my boobies look good on me as they rightfully belong, correct?

Yes

Oct 11 06 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Split Images Studio

Seattle, Washington, US

I would not do anything, dear. You are lovely just the way you are. You are You!!!!

Oct 11 06 11:49 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Kelly Kooper wrote:

Let me ask you a question.....I did look at your port.....you consider yourself a plus size model.....which looks fine to me....I'd throw my shrimp on your barbie anyday......but it seems that body shape has alot to do with where you are from....I have noticed when it comes to Aussies.....they like their women top heavy and full figured.....while in other parts of the world.....for example , France, the women preferred there are very slender and small to medium on top....

Or am I totally wrong and just love your photos because you're blonde and gorgeous....

Oct 11 06 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

F-Stop Foto Shoppe

Arlington Heights, Pennsylvania, US

As per your question of breast size...
there are many tables of thought that can be brought up

First:
What stylistic quality is your product/photographer/commercial going for.
does your body in its entirety fit the objective of the shoot
e.i.
for a Mid teen layout you wont hire a full figured 30 something
same goes with your breasts, having worked in the fashion industry you tend to find most of your models are what society would call "non-endowed" or "small" however the industry defines those breasts as perfection, the human figure in its purest or most adolesent state.
Personaly as a photographer I see no reason in judging size unless otherwise perset by my shoot or product supplier

Second:
What are the images for, what are they selling....
are they selling a product or is the product being sold by sex appeal

if your imagery is geared toward a mass male cliental most major outfitters will take that "just past runway model" look, that freshman college girl look and put her in as a sex symbol the so called Ideal figure with medium sized breasts and a figure to match. 

if the imagery id geared toward a mass female cliental this changes slightly, the figure of the woman is what the industry calls a plus size model, a figure that is full figured or slightly above average...Thus supporting the mindset of "Well I could be/wear/do that"

Third:
If the images are for personal gain or self promotion who cares what people think, if your happy with your breats then let them be...the right job will come to you, dont change to try to get a job...

Zaccaro's Staff

Oct 11 06 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by Ed Selby

BALL GROUND, Georgia, US

Chyvonne Amara wrote:

You're just dumb and close minded, fucc the honesty part of it... Cuz I got some for that ass too!
My body looks far more better than yours or any model you've dealt with, I eat, I exercise and I call it day...U?

Wow... just... wow

Your profile says you have "no experience". Your photos are snapshots.

Doug is a renowned art and figure photographer. His work is internationally recognized, and if you'd BOTHER taking a look at his website, you'd see women of all shapes and sizes and colors. He speaks from years, decades, of experience.

You come here asking advice - you got it. Now deal with it. You do NOT have a body for commerical modeling. Editorial? Perhaps. Glamour? Niche glamour, perhaps. But the fact is, your figure, size, shape, and weight, are going to limit your work to a very specific and small market. If that's what you want, you have the body for it.

If you want runway, fashion, commercial, you don't have it.

Want BRUTAL truth and honesty? Take your photos to a modeling agency.

Oct 11 06 12:44 pm Link

Model

Chyvonne Amara

Washington, Arkansas, US

Ed Selby wrote:

Wow... just... wow

Your profile says you have "no experience". Your photos are snapshots.

Doug is a renowned art and figure photographer. His work is internationally recognized, and if you'd BOTHER taking a look at his website, you'd see women of all shapes and sizes and colors. He speaks from years, decades, of experience.

You come here asking advice - you got it. Now deal with it. You do NOT have a body for commerical modeling. Editorial? Perhaps. Glamour? Niche glamour, perhaps. But the fact is, your figure, size, shape, and weight, are going to limit your work to a very specific and small market. If that's what you want, you have the body for it.

If you want runway, fashion, commercial, you don't have it.

Want BRUTAL truth and honesty? Take your photos to a modeling agency.

I'm in non-belief of your failure at trying to insult me because I offended... what... a friend of yours?
Either way, I've had no problem getting work... I've had to turn offers down because of my job... Runway... I could do it with ease, Fashion... PFT, I will design my own clothes, market myself, commercial, Already been in three, anything else u wish to add?

Oct 11 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Le Beck Photography

Teresa P wrote:

You're hardly tiny. Your's are well shaped and high up on your ribcage. Perfect for your height and build. Perfect IMHO.

Oct 11 06 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Primox Studios

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Curt Burgess wrote:

** looking at Teresa's images..... **

Sweetie!  you ain't got nothing to hate!

I don't care much about the discussion above.... but AMEN to what Curt said!!! Teresa you're beautiful as anyone can be.

Oct 11 06 01:59 pm Link

Model

Chyvonne Amara

Washington, Arkansas, US

Primox Studios wrote:

I don't care much about the discussion above.... but AMEN to what Curt said!!! Teresa you're beautiful as anyone can be.

Then stop writing in my thread... hahaa, I am going to delete this thing anyway smile
Thanx for all the responses

Oct 11 06 02:02 pm Link