Forums > General Industry > Help me name my studio!!!

Photographer

Black Belt Image

Purcellville, Virginia, US

Try securing a web address of your studio.  If you are able to do that cleanly, your name is almost guaranteed to be unique!

I tried it and the following is available:
www.TouchUpStudio.com
www.VisualEyeCandy.com

Even if you are not successful the first time around, many domain search engines will offer suggestions which may lead to your name.  Good luck!

Oct 10 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Rock-it Photo

Louisville, Kentucky, US

dale99 wrote:
Tobacco Road Studio (unless you're planning on moving)

Actually moving to Chicago in a year or so..... lol!  Not too sure that would do me well up there! wink

Oct 10 06 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

Les Sterling

Palm Springs, California, US

This isn't a terribly innovative change to the name idea you've already come up with, but "Studio Molinatto" has a nice ring to it. Assuming that no one tries to sing it to the tune of "Mr. Roboto" smile

Oct 10 06 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

You could try something foolish or something fun

I like the old fashioned way

John Molinnato's  Premier Portrait and Snap Shoppe   

You might consider space near a beauty place like a Merle Norman Makeup store  or a design dress shoppe.

Oct 10 06 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

Z Views

Dallas, Texas, US

John Molinatto wrote:
You wouldn't think this would be too difficult..... but every time I turn around some one already has the name I had been using or one I thought of using, so I could use some help here coming up with a unique name to call my studio.  Any feedback, thoughts and idea's would be much appreciated!!!! 

Thank you!

You could use something like 'The Visions of Giovanni' and ignore the word studio completely.   Sounds classy and world class..... but then I have been known to make brain dead suggestions before.

Good luck,
Z

Oct 11 06 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

Dustinthewind wrote:
why don't you just name your studio after your own name double the word of mouth free advertising:)

MOLINATTOGRAPHY

(heh)

Oct 11 06 09:04 am Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

I been thinking about changing FosbreStudios to FJF Photography, those are my initials. Still can't decide to do it or not.

Oct 11 06 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Rock-it Photo

Louisville, Kentucky, US

PapaVic Photography wrote:

MOLINATTOGRAPHY

(heh)

Drop the atto, like "Molinography" and that would make a pretty cool title for a book! wink

Oct 11 06 11:22 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Skidder-Steve Images wrote:
'Mo-Jo Images'.  First to letters in each name.

THESE ARE AWARDS ARENT THEY? FOR MUSIC OF BLACK ORIGIN.
THAT MIGHT BE A BIT CONFUSING!!

IF IT'S GOING ON THE PHONE BOOK
an 'A' IS A GOOD START and emotionally, people will chose ''flatter'' studio ''all round'' or ''pro'' studio or something else descriptive over just someones name they don't yet know...

they like things like INSPIRED.  CHOICE, IN DEMAND or ELITE

SO, WHAT WERE THE NAMES YOU LIKED?

Oct 13 06 03:58 am Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

Just Shoot Me Photograp wrote:

Thats the name of my studio.

Ha!  You're one of the people who gave me grief -- not personally, but because of your name choice -- when I was trying to name MY studio! 

-- rick

Oct 13 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

Terra Bryant wrote:
Mall in auto.. studioss.. haha

How about "Moll In Auto Pictures" and that's all you shoot?  wink 

-- rick

P.S. I also thought it would be cool to just forget about all the namby-pamby studio names and call myself:  The Emulsifier.

Oct 13 06 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

fashion industry inc wrote:
How about "Pictures taken during Bush administration INC"...nobody's gonna forget that one...lol

Yes, but one day, the nation will recover.  And we won't want people reminding us of the Dark Ages. 

Since MoJo is taken, what about JoMo?  Can't use MoFo. As much fun as that would be, some law firm already has it. wink  Visions by Giovanni looks good, going off what someone else suggested above, but with slight modification. 

-- rick

Oct 13 06 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Jack Reznicki had a great line for his studio:

Jack Reznicki Photography...Just Call Me Jack!

It worked well for him. Or, you could just put up a sign that says "Sears Portrait Studio" but I think it might be taken.

Oct 13 06 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

Rock-it Photo

Louisville, Kentucky, US

ShadowCrafter wrote:

You might consider space near a beauty place like a Merle Norman Makeup store  or a design dress shoppe.

Both my wife and I love this one!  I thought of shortening it to The Snap Shoppe but it has been taken unfortunetly.... sad  Love the "old world feel" to it though.

Oct 14 06 09:55 am Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

ShadowCrafter wrote:

John Molinatto wrote:
Both my wife and I love this one!  I thought of shortening it to The Snap Shoppe but it has been taken unfortunetly.... sad  Love the "old world feel" to it though.

Thanks,   Glad I could help.

Don't be afraid of someone else having something similar, it will always be like that. Unless they've franchised it,  you can have close similarities that are not identical.
Take my Pixel Factory  for example  and Pixar  Studios  both born at the same time with the same vision.  They got contracts for films.  We got contracts for theme park intros.  I'm pissed but hey what can you say.
Just add   on so and so lovers lane  in fine print   or  of  tobacco road  or some other lower pointe font size descriptor which helps you be    NOT  what the other one is.

It'll work out.  GO FOR IT.

Oct 14 06 10:09 am Link