Forums > General Industry > I knew them when...

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Ever worked with someone when they were just starting out and gone back to find out they're now doing work that blows your socks off?  I mean the kind of stuff that makes you intimidated to say, "Hello?"

I won't go name dropping.. But I've worked with a model or three who, when I go to see what they're up to now, put my jaw on the floor..

Is it just me?

Oct 08 06 02:01 am Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

maybe. You have been getting a lot better lately, as have I. There are several models I felt I haven't done justice too. models also get better, but if you have both gotten better, call them up and work with them again. Example A. Stacy. I finally have a good camera and even though she is busy I have a million ideas I want to do with her now that i am better. Including light painting and time lapse.

Oct 08 06 02:03 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Ironically, I'm getting ready to pester my own Stacy pretty soon.. (Or at least this coast's own Stacy..)

Oct 08 06 02:05 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:
Ever worked with someone when they were just starting out and gone back to find out they're now doing work that blows your socks off?  I mean the kind of stuff that makes you intimidated to say, "Hello?"

I won't go name dropping.. But I've worked with a model or three who, when I go to see what they're up to now, put my jaw on the floor..

Is it just me?

i worked with this guy from 85-89, i was doing astrophotography, talk about being left in the dust...

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/rele … elph.shtml

Oct 08 06 02:10 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Two of my former models have been on Project Runway, one is in this run's final 4, that's about as far as I've gotten in the street cred by association department.

Oct 08 06 03:26 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

I worked with Tunsees the cat from SNL fame.

Never met anyone else of importance.

Oh, yea,  I was friendly with "lassie" from Porkies.
She was cool.

Oct 08 06 03:32 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Some of the photographers I've worked with have gotten way better since then.  I don't feel nervous about contacting them.  I think maybe it's the other way around - I would feel nervous about contacting them except I've already met them and know what they're like.  smile.

Oct 08 06 03:40 am Link