Forums > General Industry > Found stolen images on this site. Are yours here?

Photographer

AlloyOne Photography

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Someone hipped me to this so called management company.  The are posting unauthorized copyrighted pics of mine on here.  I'm sure others are on here as well.  I've already contacted them to remove my work and to discuss the matter will be handled by my attorney if they don't comply. Below are the links!

http://www.movingreality.com/modeling.html

http://www.myspace.com/movingreality

Oct 05 06 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

They're making sure they're hard to find, too, in case someone wants to sue them.  The domain is privately registered via "DomainsByProxy."  DomainsByProxy is apparently also privately-registered. 

Both domains are registered through GoDaddy.com, which is simply a registrar. 

Looks like they knew from the git-go they were going to be doing something that might get them sued.

-- rick

Oct 05 06 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

J & X Photography

Arlington, Virginia, US

i definitely recognize the BW pic as an MM pic.  The guy even refers to MM on his FAQ page.

Oct 05 06 11:56 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Fox

East Oakdale, California, US

You go guys!!!

Oct 05 06 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Okay, maybe I'm just dumb but where are the photos? I'm seeing a couple links to Myspace pages and a couple shots on the home page (of course those may be stolen). Is there a gallery of stolen images? It just sounds like they're stealing more photos than I can find on the site.

And I know they aren't taking any of mine... No-one ever does (I think they're all afraid of me or something... yeah, that must be it).

Keep us informed...

-P-

Oct 06 06 12:05 am Link

Model

I am done

Aldouane, New Brunswick, Canada

I didn't see any of mine, but I did see a lot of MM Images on there !

Jessica Ryann

Oct 06 06 12:06 am Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I saw at least two of Rosen's images....

Oct 06 06 12:11 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fox

I sent this to them.

How Ironic, You bash internet modeling, yet here you are  looking models. Internet models and photographers are hacks and hobbieist. Well, That's better than "Theft".
I hope you can sleep at night knowing you are using stolen images to lure money out of people.

Hope you burn for it.

Have a nice day.

Oct 06 06 12:20 am Link

Photographer

Joe Paul Studios

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Kevin Fox wrote:
I sent this to them.

And I sent this:

"You seem to hate the Internet and photographers and models that utilize it, yet you not only have your own website, you have a myspace account. If you are so “professional” as you so pompously portray yourself, then why would you need a myspace account other than to troll for gullible “Internet” models?"

Oct 06 06 12:22 am Link

Photographer

Mr and Mrs Huber

Santa Rosalía, Baja California Sur, Mexico

there is always that telephone # on the contacts page... someone in the LA area might want to put that # on paper before it dissapears... and then just drop them a love note every now and then....   something like... how's your family....  did you take the car for a checkup yet?.. .   is your firewall subscription up to date.....   you know.. small stuff that let's them know we love em...

Oct 06 06 12:25 am Link

Model

LORA

I sent this:

https://www.navycs.com/gallery2/d/4364-1/loser.JPG

Oct 06 06 12:28 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fox

Noah wrote:
and then just drop them a love note every now and then....   something like... how's your family....  did you take the car for a checkup yet?.. .   is your firewall subscription up to date.....   you know.. small stuff that let's them know we love em...

SOOOO Bad!!! I like it. Wanna Collect a few pas due accounts for me?

Oct 06 06 12:35 am Link

Photographer

AlloyOne Photography

Atlanta, Georgia, US

So Shoot Me! wrote:
They're making sure they're hard to find, too, in case someone wants to sue them.  The domain is privately registered via "DomainsByProxy."  DomainsByProxy is apparently also privately-registered. 

Both domains are registered through GoDaddy.com, which is simply a registrar. 

Looks like they knew from the git-go they were going to be doing something that might get them sued.

-- rick

Found a phone number Call 678-791-9230 ....looks like they are based out of Atlanta!

Oct 06 06 12:36 am Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

The FAQ section looked very familiar. This site (or some kind of cloned site) has been talked about in another thread.

Oct 06 06 12:44 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fox

AlloyOne wrote:
-- rick

Found a phone number Call 678-791-9230 ....looks like they are based out of Atlanta!

Should I call and ask if they have Prince Albert in a can. OOOOOO I'm gunna... BASTARDS!

Oct 06 06 12:55 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fox

that didn't post right... "AlloyOne" found the #.........
not me, but I'll call from the gas station pay phone anyway.

Oct 06 06 01:02 am Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

I just contacted myspace

Oct 06 06 01:11 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I am too lazy.
Any of mine up?

Oct 06 06 01:12 am Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

also, I think the photogs with stolen photos may want to sue over this:

Select From The Multiple Packages

TFCD Package - $125 Processing Fee
    4 - Looks (wardrobe changes)
    40 Photos Per Look (160 photos)
    All Photos On CD-Rom
    Make Up Not Included (additional cost)
    Studio or On Location
    High Quality 8 x 11 Prints Not Included (additional cost at $20/print)
        Please read policies below regarding this package.

Starter Package - $300*   
    3 - Looks (wardrobe changes)
    40 Photos Per Look (120 photos)
    All Photos On CD-Rom (watermarked in lower left corner)
    Make Up Not Included (additional cost)
    Studio or On Location
    High Quality 8 x 11 Prints Not Included (additional cost at $20/print)

Silver Package - $475* 
    5 - Looks (wardrobe changes)
    40 Photos Per Look (200 photos)
    Make Up Included
    Studio or On Location
    3 High Quality 8 x 11 Prints Included (additional prints at $20/print)

Gold Package - $865* 
    8 - Looks (wardrobe changes)
    40 Photos Per Look (320 photos - Two sizes)
- Printable Size
- Viewable Size
    2-Day Shoot If Needed
    Make Up Included Only On First Day
    Studio and/or On Location
    11 x 14 - 24 Page Portfolio Book (black padded)
    8 High Quality 8 x 11 Prints Included (additional prints at $20/print)
    Image Editing For 5 Images Placed on Composite Card Only
    Composite Card Design Only Put On CD-Rom
- Prints Additional Cost According To Number Printed

Platinum Package - $1350* 
    10 - Looks (wardrobe changes)
    40 Photos Per Look (400 photos - Two sizes)
- Printable Size
- Viewable Size
    2-Day Shoot If Needed
    Make Up Included Both Days
    Studio and/or On Location
    11 x 14 - 24 Page Portfolio Book (black padded)
    24 High Quality 8 x 11 Prints Included (additional prints at $20/print)
    Image Editing For 5 Images Placed on Composite Card Only
    Composite Card Design Only
    150 Professional Quality Composite Cards Printed
* Non-Refundable 50% Deposit For All Packages Required

General Policies and Information
    Shoot pricing does not include make up artist and/or wardrobe unless otherwise indicated.
    All images acquired during photo shoots are subject to display on www.movingreality.com.
    All models must sign a model release at the time of shoot.
    All shoots require up to a one week processing time from date of completion of shooting. (Does not include shipping/delivery time)

TFCD Policies and Information
    TFCD stands for Time For CD-ROM. We will require a $125 processing fee for all TFCD shoots, which includes the CD-ROM of the logo-free images.  The model must be willing to shoot for Black Men Swimsuit Extra (SSX), Smooth Girl and KING style shots including bikinis and lingerie. We will release your images to you with limited copyrights to be used for promotional, comp card or portfolio use only. TFCD images cannot be sold or used by the model for bartering without compensation.  In addition, cannot be submitted to subscription type websites as an gallery exchange without approval prior to the exchange.

Oct 06 06 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fox

Jack D Trute wrote:
I am too lazy.
Any of mine up?

Funny Jack. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

Oct 06 06 01:15 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

DomainsByProxy is a service that GoDaddy offers for keeping WHOIS information private.

Should you sue someone based on their domain, however, they will release the information upon subpoena.

Oct 06 06 01:15 am Link

Photographer

SiVad

Dallas, Texas, US

This was on another thread a few months ago.  This guy has been stealing photos for some time now.  He's stolen about 10 of mine... Tal Campbell, and D. Brown's. 

I called the number back then... would you believe he picked up the phone.  Said he was giving photographers more exposure by showing off their work.  When I told him my name, he hung up in my face.  He took our's down about 10 minutes later.

Oct 06 06 01:20 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fox

Star wrote:
also, I think the photogs with stolen photos may want to sue over this:

TFCD stands for Time For CD-ROM. We will require a $125 processing fee for all TFCD shoots, which includes the CD-ROM of the logo-free images.

I thought the "T" stands for trade, crap! now I have to re-do my release forms.

Oct 06 06 01:20 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fox

SiVad wrote:
This was on another thread a few months ago.  This guy has been stealing photos for some time now.  He's stolen about 10 of mine... Tal Campbell, and D. Brown's. 

I called the number back then... would you believe he picked up the phone.  Said he was giving photographers more exposure by showing off their work.  When I told him my name, he hung up in my face.  He took our's down about 10 minutes later.

Oh, now I really gunna call...

Oct 06 06 01:23 am Link

Photographer

LindoPhotography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Why not apply to be a model and findout where the bum is? smile

His phone # is available at least, if he thinks your a hot model, he might wanna meet ya at his studio :p

Oct 06 06 01:26 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

I recognize and Ed Burns BW shot on the myspace portfolio.

Oct 06 06 01:28 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

the new calvin merritt

Oct 06 06 01:28 am Link

Photographer

John Landers

Miami Beach, Florida, US

"Yours Truly - Don Faciane - Director of Talent Management"

https://myspace-669.vo.llnwd.net/01232/96/67/1232457669_l.jpg

Oct 06 06 01:33 am Link

Model

Austyn229

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

Okay, I just read their "internet models and internet photographers" blurb...here's what we should all do.  They will "evaluate" you for free if you send them 3 or 4 photos...we should all do that and when they accept us, tell them how shocked we are since all the photos we sent them were shot by the evil internet photographers that they claimed to be so unprofessional and incapable of doing good work.

I also wanted to take a red pen to their web page...something so "professional" ought to be a little better grammatically, I would think.  But then again, I'm just one of those "internet models" making a full-time living doing this just as they said wasn't possible. 

I've been getting emails from them for a couple weeks now...I guess they came here and got my email address and am trying to save me from the depths of hell known as model mayhem and one model place. What a bunch of losers.

Oct 06 06 01:38 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fox

Saint John wrote:
"Yours Truly - Don Faciane - Director of Talent Management"

https://myspace-669.vo.llnwd.net/01232/96/67/1232457669_l.jpg

Someone should shop a target on this... and then ajust the Gama, and remove the dust spots, and then clone that nasty elbow.

Oct 06 06 01:39 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

You would think they could at least make a decent website...
Maybe they should steal some code too.

Oct 06 06 01:42 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Now see, I am left awfully confused.

On the front page near the casting calls it says in wee letters that "paid work makes you a model"
Yet on the internet models and photographers part it says that you are not a "real" model if you get paid work through internet sites even if you get paid.

Something tells me ALL photo submissions, no matter HOW good or pro will be told "you have a great look but the photos dont show you to the best advantage, we will do you a pro shoot and makeover for ££££'s and you will have a FAR better chance".

Oct 06 06 04:47 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

I contacted Wayne Cutler and Michael Rosen.  I'm sure they will both be thrilled with the extra exposure.

Oct 06 06 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Also...Google the phone number. 678-791-9230. One of the results is a housing rental company in Atlanta.  A man of many hats.

Oct 06 06 07:58 am Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

i sent a message to mr burns
https://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/a/A/mrburns.jpg

i mean mr burns
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=21156
https://myspace-495.vo.llnwd.net/01232/59/49/1232069495_m.jpg

Oct 06 06 08:14 am Link

Photographer

John Landers

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Kevin Fox wrote:
and then clone that nasty elbow.

LOL!  That's just what I was thinking smile

Oct 06 06 11:36 am Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

SiVad wrote:

Given the prices that he's charging, he may have a bundle of cash.  If your images were used to build that bundle, you might be able to find an attorney to help you get some of it. 

At least, that's what I'd probably do if he stole my photos. 

Fortunately, for me, I'm not good enough (yet) to steal from.  wink   (But I'll get there.)

-- rick

Oct 06 06 11:41 am Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

Austyn229 wrote:
Okay, I just read their "internet models and internet photographers" blurb...here's what we should all do.  They will "evaluate" you for free if you send them 3 or 4 photos...we should all do that and when they accept us, tell them how shocked we are since all the photos we sent them were shot by the evil internet photographers that they claimed to be so unprofessional and incapable of doing good work.

I also wanted to take a red pen to their web page...something so "professional" ought to be a little better grammatically, I would think.  But then again, I'm just one of those "internet models" making a full-time living doing this just as they said wasn't possible. 

I've been getting emails from them for a couple weeks now...I guess they came here and got my email address and am trying to save me from the depths of hell known as model mayhem and one model place. What a bunch of losers.

I would imagine any photos you send them are going to end up on their website.  wink

-- rick

Oct 06 06 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Flash Vividere

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

If he is representing the models and the models provided the pictures, then they aren't stolen?  Depends on what rights the models were given with the pictures.

Oct 06 06 11:49 am Link

Model

LORA

Lew of Vividere wrote:
If he is representing the models and the models provided the pictures, then they aren't stolen?  Depends on what rights the models were given with the pictures.

Do you think he represents Beyonce and Paris Hilton? Those pics are in his port as well.

Oct 06 06 11:52 am Link