Forums > General Industry > Public shoots and spectators...

Photographer

darkfotoart

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

violence is not the answer and threats dont work.  a few times ive been out with girls i know.  so just me and her , guys come up and try to flirt all the time.  so i turn around and flirt back . when a male photog whips around and says  ( wow your hot  would you pose nude ) to a group of male onlookers they flee the scene.

Oct 02 06 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

The public must be protected from the scum of Gotham City. I'm Batman and I approved this message.

Oct 02 06 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

darkfotoart

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Daniela V wrote:

If it sounds like a duck....

-D

well i sit on my mexican buddies front porch and drink coronas.  i helped a black friend reroof his house.  so if going on a roof in 90 degree weather for free to help a friend thats black makes me prejudice i guess i dont know what prejudice means.      reality is , certain shades of pink or peach look like crap on most white women. and look hot on black chicks  thats not prejudice thats reality.

Oct 02 06 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

studio36uk wrote:

studio36uk wrote:
And you would be just as wrong as Susan AND the crazy lady on the bus.
Studio36

Meg 784 wrote:
I wouldn't be wrong. I know what the law is,... What I said was I'd do what she said she'd do. I'd walk up to the person and they'd get quite a hard time from me. To me it is an invasion of my privacy...

I don't think YOU know what the law is... but I do, because I am looking at it right now.

It would NOT be an invasion of privacy, in Massachusetts, to start with if you are in a public place [= no reasonable expectation of privacy, so, ipso facto, no "...unreasonable, substantial or serious interference..." with privacy,] and you can NOT prevent the TAKING of a photograph in a public place, only it's use in a narrow range of possible uses: "...within the commonwealth for advertising purposes or for the purposes of trade without...written consent..."

You would be WRONG! You would be wrong to use force; you would be wrong to use intimidation or threatening words; you would be wrong to use harassment; you would be wrong to try and assault the photographer or try and seize or damage his camera, film or gear. Sorry sweets....... you would be WRONG!

Studio36

But you have to KNOW your rights.  If they tell some average chump on the beach with his camera that it's illegal to shoot them, I'd be willing to bet more than half of those guys would believe her (they might not put their camera away though).  Anyhow, if it gets them to stop and move on, who cares what the law actually is?

Oct 02 06 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

C_W_PHOTO wrote:
haha I'd happily take a night in the old gray bar hotel to knock the teeth out of the photog rudely setting up his shoot with my [paid] model. I'd thoroughly enjoy the bitching and whining of the pussy photog that got his teeth knock in for being the little bitch that he was... cry me a river with your quote unquote "rights". I paid for that models time, not for you to shoot her. Again; gladly take the night in the slammer to reveal you for the bitch you were. OWNED
As far as the shadow casting perp... "hey buddy, step back for a bit you're in the shot. Thanks." They can talk all they want when the sun goes down and we're out of time. He can wait smile Slap

That just shows what a bully punk you can be.  I think my solution is still the best.  Have the assistant stand between the subject and the other photographer.  What's he going to do, bitch about it?  If he does, laugh at him, mock him.  And if he tries to assault you, then kick his ass.

And finally, why assume the other photographer is smaller than you?  If he's bigger than you and looks like an obvious ass-kicker, are you still gonna trash talk?  Talk is cheap.

Oct 02 06 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

C_W_PHOTO wrote:
Once again, a law quoting, no force libby, think you can get away with everything hiding behind the literature of the law sissy; anyone up for a good old fashion ass kicking? smile Law or no law, sometimes, a punch in the mouth gets business taken care of ... too bad too sad, your sore mouth, like it or not. Anyone with me? Say I.

You're starting to sound like that guy from Illinois.

Oct 02 06 08:10 pm Link

Model

Mircalla

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I think that if you're doing a shoot in a public place, it's pretty commonplace to have onlookers standing by. They may have thought that this model was someone famous and was hoping to get in on the action. If anything, you should be flattered. Although, I do understand your frustration and I would have been quite irritated with the other guy shooting photographs of your model. And if I were the model, I would have been equally as frustrated. Who knows what this guy will use those photographs for?

By the way, the images aren't working anymore. Phooey! (guess I'll have to peek at your profile) wink

Oct 02 06 08:13 pm Link

Model

Iris

Dallas, Texas, US

Metro_Glamour wrote:
Back on-topic, I was once photographing a girl on a "beach" (artificial) at a lake

You dare to call our beach artificial!!!!

It's red dirt, mud, and waves. It's as real as they get! lol

Oct 03 06 01:06 am Link