Forums > General Industry > Who's the biggest jerk here?

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Probably me, but whoever beats me wins... Here's the question:

Name one unprofessional thing you've done as a photographer, model, slylist, or MUA
NOTE: I said unprofessional, not creepy. But if you wanna tell us your creepy story I think we're all ears

I'll go first.

A few years ago I offered a model a paid shoot. Of course, it was probably after midnight when my judgement wasn't the best. All was well and things were all set when I decided to look at her photos one last time. And DIOS MIO! Upon further inspection of her photos I was like, "What was I thinking?!" So I made up a lie to get out of the shoot.

Your turn. Have fun.

Sep 30 06 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

I started commenting in the forums at MM?

Sep 30 06 08:31 pm Link

Model

Libby Glanzer

Alexandria, Minnesota, US

I can't wait to read what people write, I haven't been in the industry long enough to comment for myself.  So I'll just bump it.

Sep 30 06 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

I befriended Haddy. Took to calling him sugar tits and ass cakes, and now he wants me to have sex with him in perverse ways using odd things.

Sep 30 06 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

just checkin to see if my name was brought up, whew, I can relax for now

Sep 30 06 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

WBV Artography

San Antonio, Texas, US

Hmm...dunno-I try not to get into situations.

Had one model that was kinda cute,  Bit heavy and desperatly wanting nudes.   So I go out of the room to get a few things and come back-she's laying on my bed spread eagled and saying "Let's do it on camera!".

Well-she wasn't THAT cute.  Had a bush with more hair than three buffalo-I could hear chimps hollering down there and swear I saw a giraffe pop it's noggin up.

I went to the other room and called the house phone from my computer then made like I was being called into work on an emergency.

Only other thing was shooting two girls that had the hots for each other and were getting carroed away.   I ran out of film and didn't bother telling them for an hour.

Sep 30 06 09:23 pm Link

Model

Rolette

Newtown, Pennsylvania, US

Definately reading this post, man...

Sep 30 06 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

JM-Photographics

Tacoma, Washington, US

I held a models photographs extra long because she was a stuck up Biznitch..

Sep 30 06 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

U have 2 ASK!?
Biggest, longest, strongest, and SLAMMIN'est!! That'd be ME.

Wurst thing I ever done (other than try to bring some much-needed CLASS to this place) was one time I was adjusting a model's BRA and her B(o)(o)bies popped out into my hand and I sqeezed 'em before I even realized what was happening. It was a total acciden but I was totally like red-faced.

GWC!

Sep 30 06 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

I think it would really top all IF...

You were dealing with a real shitmuffin of a model and agreed to shoot way out in the desert at some semi-specific location maybe some 3 hour drive and when the model arrived you asked him/her to phone you to touch base only to have you say...sorry I cancelled because of this great game that's on.

Or something like that.

Sep 30 06 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

I had one of my lights almost fall on a model...  LOL!! I quickly dove like a football player and caught it while she was laying on the floor posing....and I almost landed on top of her  hahahahahaha... LOL!

Sep 30 06 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
I started commenting in the forums at MM?

You took mine, Haydn.

Truce?

Sep 30 06 09:49 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

I cannot wait to see how this goes....

Sep 30 06 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Daniela V wrote:
I cannot wait to see how this goes....

I'm thinking most people here don't have the balls to answer the question.

Sep 30 06 09:58 pm Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Name one unprofessional thing you've done as a photographer

ALl I can think of are unintentionally creepy moments...which I found out sound creepier if you *try* not to sound creepy.

As for unprofessional - can't think of any. Naive and incompetent - many, but not unprofessional.

Sep 30 06 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

I once posted honestly about something unprofessional I did, and got ripped to shreds by photographers who took it upon themselves to maintain the high standards of the profession (

Sep 30 06 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Libby Glanzer wrote:
I can't wait to read what people write, I haven't been in the industry long enough to comment for myself.  So I'll just bump it.

Hell,this is my first post,and I'm kinda a noob(err.getting back into this)photographer as well,so I guess this is a good guide of what not to do.
Although I could quickly get that rep here with me demanding that in my shoots(I do a particular type of photography that I like to call "wet glamour",and at least 75% of the shoots are of the girl with just her head/neck sticking out of the water),that the girl has to have her hair done up all nice and glamerous,then she must get most of it wet during the shoot.(see my profile to see what I mean)

Sep 30 06 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

I'm still working on being unprofessional and offensive. I haven't pissed off NEARLY enough people yet. It's rather unfortunate.

I'm just too affable to even be really creepy. I can be kinda creepy. But not really creepy ... Maybe I need to ask more models to rub Vaseline on my nipples during a shoot.

Sep 30 06 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Having the balls to answer this question *IS* what makes me the biggest jerk around here.  I'll honestly answer any honest question... and even if you meant the question as a joke I'll probably answer it honestly and not hold back.

Combine that fact with the fact that my sense of humor is so dry that most don't even realize when I *am* joking, and you get... moi...

Sep 30 06 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

James Jackson wrote:

Having the balls to answer this question *IS* what makes me the biggest jerk around here.  I'll honestly answer any honest question... and even if you meant the question as a joke I'll probably answer it honestly and not hold back.

Combine that fact with the fact that my sense of humor is so dry that most don't even realize when I *am* joking, and you get... moi...

not only do you have a great name, I do believe I like your attitude, you rock Mr Jackson

Sep 30 06 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

jonathan ledeux wrote:

not only do you have a great name, I do believe I like your attitude, you rock Mr Jackson

Aww shucks *blush*

I go and cop to being a big jerk and you give me a compliment... now I gotta go and smile and stuff. smile

Thanks, and "Jonathan Ledeux" is no slouch of a name either.

Sep 30 06 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographerShine

Macomb, Illinois, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Name one unprofessional thing you've done as a photographer, model, slylist, or MUA
NOTE: I said unprofessional, not creepy. But if you wanna tell us your creepy story I think we're all ears

Nothing, Im perfect with always remaining professional at all times, just like everyone else in the business. (truth , I Read this post)

Sep 30 06 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

Food 4 Less

Los Angeles, California, US

John Jebbia wrote:

I only have ovaries.

Oct 01 06 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

A wannabe model...

Oct 01 06 02:03 am Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

24 posts an not a mod has been named. You guys are loosing your touch.

Oct 01 06 04:23 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

It's not my fault. It fell in. I wasn't trying.

Actually I'm an angel. My farts smell like roses.

Oct 01 06 04:52 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Vegas Alien wrote:

You took mine, Haydn.

Truce?

Absolutely, some people think what I write here is for real? It's all good my friend. At least you didn't send me a peace email and then come back on and slam me like someone else here. I don't use toys, I don't need them.

Oct 01 06 06:21 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

Probably the "worst" was pursuing an intimate personal relationship with someone I shot as a model at the beginning of it. (The pursuit was definitely mutual from day one & she remains to this day 4 years later possibly my closest friend and certainly my greatest creative collaborator and we still shoot together semi-regularly. As a matter of fact I am sitting in her living room right this minute, responding to this thread from her computer).

Other than that I probably love to chimp too much and I sometimes don't do model releases for casual/unpaid test shoots.

Nothing especially creepy, though: sorry smile

Oct 01 06 06:27 am Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:

Absolutely, some people think what I write here is for real? It's all good my friend. At least you didn't send me a peace email and then come back on and slam me like someone else here. I don't use toys, I don't need them.

What? I thought you liked my weather updates.

Oct 01 06 07:02 am Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Oh, lets see...

Okay... I shot a particular model, very pretty, I thought we'd have a great shoot and would get some fantastic images. Unfortunately that was not the case. Everything on my part, photographically, was good. But her... Her facial expressions and posing was awful. No matter how hard I tried to direct her, she just was not giving it to me. Well, come down to editing, retouching I didn't know what the hell to do with these photos. I hated looking at 'em. I tried everything in photoshop trying to make this model look better. I don't like handing over work I'm not happy with. I offered a re-shoot, but she didn't take me up on it. So, I'm left with this shoot racking my brain of how I can tweak 'em. Finally, I got so frustrated I come to the realization I'm no plastic surgeon, or magician. She looks how she looks. I made excuse after excuse why they weren't done yet. I felt weird telling her the problem was her look. So, after promising the disc in two weeks, it took me two months to mail it to her. I guess, that's probably the worse thing I've done.

I worked in a studio here in Detroit. Very nice studio. Bitchy/arrogant/pain in the ass owner, though. The owner come in one afternoon doing her usual nit picky inspection, bitching about this, that, whatever. Well, she was pissing me off to where it was becoming next to impossible to bite my tongue. So, I told her I was going out for a smoke. I was sitting outside smoking my cigarette and said to myself, 'fuck this. I'm outta' here'. So, I got in my car and left. Leaving the owner there at the studio to run things herself. She was so pissed off. I got home a couple hours later, listened to my voicemail. She was screaming in the phone, "Jodie, where the hell are you? I have noone to cover the studio. I can't stay here, I need to be somewhere... You need to get back here!". Well, I never went back. I quit. I couldn't stand that bitch.

EDIT: Oh yeah... And I use to take film from the studio. Yes, I'd steal film. Back in the storage room, there were boxes and boxes and boxes of film. When I needed film, I get it out storage. Never had to pay for film. Or developing. In the back of the studio, there was a lab. I'd go in early and develop my film. We weren't supposed to do that. Oh well... Hey! They weren't paying me enough!!! Lol.. *shrugs*

Oct 01 06 08:17 am Link

Photographer

GRHorn

New York, New York, US

Hell, this one is easy, had a patron of a Club push me causing me to fall into another photographer actually Shoot Shoot of MM.  I then proceeded to break a few ribs with my elbow.  I am not so sure I think that is something I am ashamed of.  Discourteous people need to be put in their place.  This guy had the balls to tell me I was in his way.
Oh this was last Friday night.

Oct 01 06 08:54 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

GRHorn wrote:
Hell, this one is easy, had a patron of a Club push me causing me to fall into another photographer actually Shoot Shoot of MM.  I then proceeded to break a few ribs with my elbow.  I am not so sure I think that is something I am ashamed of.  Discourteous people need to be put in their place.  This guy had the balls to tell me I was in his way.
Oh this was last Friday night.

You broke Shoot Shoot's ribs or some one elses?

Oct 01 06 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

If you had a friend that was a photographer and this friend was prone to sexual indescretions with shoes and sometimes this friend would leave indescreet material in the shoes and the shoes sometimes belonged to models and the models weren't told about the leavings.... would that count.

Oct 01 06 09:02 am Link

Model

MelissaBaker

New York, New York, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
If you had a friend that was a photographer and this friend was prone to sexual indescretions with shoes and sometimes this friend would leave indescreet material in the shoes and the shoes sometimes belonged to models and the models weren't told about the leavings.... would that count.

Ok, if we ever shoot I will be BAREFOOT BOB! lol....

Oct 01 06 09:12 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

MelissaBaker wrote:

That sounded like a mighty big IF.

Oct 01 06 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

MelissaBaker wrote:

Can you be bare foot in one position for a very long time, you know like maybe 10-15 seconds?

I'll say it for you.... EEEEWWWWEEEEEEEEE, your creepy.

Oct 01 06 09:16 am Link

Model

MelissaBaker

New York, New York, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:

Can you be bare foot in one position for a very long time, you know like maybe 10-15 seconds?

I'll say it for you.... EEEEWWWWEEEEEEEEE, your creepy.

All I can say is I hope I get internet soon in NY.
Im going to miss all the laughs from you "creepy photogs!" lol...
You guys are so funny...
Kisses,
Melissa  smile

Oct 01 06 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

MelissaBaker wrote:

All I can say is I hope I get internet soon in NY.
Im going to miss all the laughs from you "creepy photogs!" lol...
You guys are so funny...
Kisses,
Melissa  smile

You are so transparent in your desires, letting me know exactly where you are now. If I promise not to bring my friend, can I stay at your place when I visit NYC. We could shoot all day and we could shoot all night. Your apartment could become our "Yellow House" of art experimentation and lo... uh, nevermind.

Oct 01 06 09:36 am Link

Model

MelissaBaker

New York, New York, US

lol...
Behave now, it is S-U-N-D_A-Y ya know!

Oct 01 06 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

MelissaBaker wrote:
lol...
Behave now, it is S-U-N-D_A-Y ya know!

Seeing as it's Sunday and i'm a family man, it prompted me to look at your site where I noticed you are 18. Eighteen, EIGHTEEN, oh my god I'm going to fry in hell for this one. This was the post the devil was looking for from me where it all came together for him and now he has my soul and oh no what am i gonna do?

I'll be on the next flight out. smile

Oct 01 06 09:42 am Link