Forums > General Industry > Models with an alias

Model

Kayla Donia

Vancouver, Washington, US

So but do you actually respond to your stage names? Doesn't it get confusing when you go to meet up with a photographer/model? Or even during a shoot? I think I would constantly be going "OH! RIGHT! you're talking to me!"... Does this not happen?

Oct 02 06 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Batman 41.

Oct 02 06 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Suzan Aktug wrote:
So but do you actually respond to your stage names? Doesn't it get confusing when you go to meet up with a photographer/model? Or even during a shoot? I think I would constantly be going "OH! RIGHT! you're talking to me!"... Does this not happen?

No, I usually won't arrange a shoot unless I know who is actually showing up. Name before booking.

Oct 02 06 08:02 pm Link

Model

Mircalla

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I always go by Chelle or Misha when modeling and doing photography. Mircalla is just a name I use on the internet. Maybe the reason some people choose different names is because it gives them that outlet to be someone other than who they are. After all, models don't always go around looking like models so it's a way to differentiate themselves from who they are in front of the camera. I think perhaps too, it's easier using an alias to prevent weirdo's from stalking them. *shrugs*

Just a thought.

Oct 02 06 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Ragnar

Carson City, Nevada, US

Sure, some models don't want people to find out that they model and today even employers are checking people website.

Oct 02 06 08:37 pm Link

Model

Mircalla

Baltimore, Maryland, US

That's true! I don't know how it should affect someone's ability for a position in the work place but they're doing it, nonetheless.

Oct 02 06 09:32 pm Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

Suzan Aktug wrote:

If we're at a group shoot, Nemi or Nemesis
If we're solo, Nemi or my given name.

It's not that difficult.

Nemi

Oct 02 06 10:15 pm Link

Model

Eva B

Redwood City, California, US

foremost privacy, secondly alter ego...wink

Oct 03 06 12:10 am Link

Model

__Nikki__

Los Angeles, California, US

x

Oct 03 06 12:18 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

Bond..James Bond

Oct 03 06 03:40 am Link

Model

Kelly Kooper

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I use my real first name but changed my surname because I was extremely uncomfortable with weirdos knowing my full name. My surname makes me pretty easy to find and after some of the creepier emails when I first starting posting pics online, I decided it was better to be safe than sorry. I didn't change it for a glamourous reason, it's not an arrogance thing - for me, it's just for my own piece of mind. And after the horror stories and dodgy people I've had run ins with, I've not once regretted that decision.

Oct 03 06 03:45 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Rebecca G wrote:
Is there a particular reason to why models go by a different name?

Cause they cant remember thier real name?

Just Kidding

(:---------

Hj

Oct 03 06 03:46 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Suzan Aktug wrote:

My real name starts with a D. My alias starts with a D.

People have taken to calling me "D". When they don't I respond to both my real name and my alias (Assuming they know my real name)

-D

Oct 03 06 02:13 pm Link

Model

Savvy1007

Calli H wrote:
i haven't come up with an alias yet.
i plan to keep my first name (calli), but i want a last name that sounds good with it.

my last name 'heussler' is horrible.
no one can pronounce it, it doesn't flow well, it's just bad.
i would probably change it anyway.

Calli Ente...

Oct 03 06 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Back in the late 60's and early 70's, I was a top 40 DJ on a Radio station.. all of us had "working names". Mostly so we didnt get calls at home from listeners who wanted freebies or to pester us to play their favorite songs.

I am also a professional magician, and use a "stage name" to better market myself. beside.. even "Houdini" used a Stage Name. Alot of Famous actors and actresses arent known by their real names. It is done to market them better. Look at John Wayne.. His real first name was "Marion".

I know many people who use a stage name or "persona" for their work.... sometimes for privacy, sometimes for personal security, and sometimes.. just to be different..  Look at Prince.. or "Elvira"(her real name is well known .. Cassandra Peterson).

If you want to have a "Stage Name" or "persona".. I say go for it.. then again.. I use my name for my photography. A.C. Gellert is my name.. Andrew C. Gellert... and I am proud of my name.. But for the work I do that isnt for everyone to view or see (my adult or erotic work)... I do use a different name and "company".

Oct 03 06 02:55 pm Link