Forums > General Industry > So sick of it! Grrr

Model

Lauren F.

Tuscumbia, Alabama, US

Rant time again! I assume that most people on this website are literate. So I have a very difficult time understanding why some individuals still ask questions like "will you shoot nude?" or "can we shoot TFP?" When the answers to these questions are already clearly stated in ones profile. It further aggitates me when photographers who have VERY little experience/or not so great work if you will, ask for a TFP shoot. I didn't start off asking the very best to work with me I got some experience, learned to pose, and tried my best to perfect what I brought to the shoot. That being said I'm sure this happens on the other side of the coin to photographers as well. Would love some input!

Sep 29 06 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

It's those assumptions that will get you in trouble every time..

Sep 29 06 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Lauren F. wrote:
Rant time again! I assume that most people on this website are literate. So I have a very difficult time understanding why some individuals still ask questions like "will you shoot nude?" or "can we shoot TFP?" When the answers to these questions are already clearly stated in ones profile. It further aggitates me when photographers who have VERY little experience/or not so great work if you will, ask for a TFP shoot. I didn't start off asking the very best to work with me I got some experience, learned to pose, and tried my best to perfect what I brought to the shoot. That being said I'm sure this happens on the other side of the coin to photographers as well. Would love some input!

Will you do nude TFP?

Sep 29 06 12:43 pm Link

Model

Lauren F.

Tuscumbia, Alabama, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:

Will you do nude TFP?

Sep 29 06 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

CICADA MOTION PICTURES

Buffalo, New York, US

Will you do nude TFP?

Damnit Bob! I was JUST going to write that!

Model

Lauren F.

Tuscumbia, Alabama, US

LOL thats great big_smile

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

So does that mean we aren't going to do a TFP shoot?

Anyone who has been here any length of time at all knows that people do not read profiles or casting notices.  They simply respond with whatever they want to respond to.  It's all part of the Internet Experience.

Sep 29 06 12:45 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

don't get mad at what I am about to say, I am simply responding....

While I completely understand about how you said that people still ask even though it's in your profile, this:

Lauren F. wrote:
It further aggitates me when photographers who have VERY little experience/or not so great work if you will, ask for a TFP shoot. I didn't start off asking the very best to work with me I got some experience, learned to pose, and tried my best to perfect what I brought to the shoot.

was an arrogant and somewhat demeaning statement.  Of course I have been approached by photographers whose work I do not think (at this time) will benefit my portfolio, but when I was starting out, I at least introduced myself to everyone type of photographer in and around my area and let them know that I would be interested in working with them.  I never take *offense* when someone who just started out shows interest in working with me - I remember where I came from and am very grateful to the amazing photographers that agreed to work with me before I had much experience....

p.s. and you never know who will be the next big photographer in town....what happens when they hit it big and *you* want to shoot with them?

Sep 29 06 12:46 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Sep 29 06 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

CICADA MOTION PICTURES

Buffalo, New York, US

TXPhotog wrote:
So does that mean we aren't going to do a TFP shoot?

Anyone who has been here any length of time at all knows that people do not read profiles or casting notices.  They simply respond with whatever they want to respond to.  It's all part of the Internet Experience.

Howdy Hoss! I knew that the first 2 hours I ever spent on this site. That was before I was even a member! Sometimes it just takes some folks a little longer. Nothing wrong with that.

Sep 29 06 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Lauren F. wrote:
I'm sure this happens on the other side of the coin to photographers as well. Would love some input!

You are so right... and yes... there are just as many GWT's (Girls With Threads) on this site as there GWC's (Guys With Cameras).  Why do you think they call this place 'Model Mayhem'?... wink

Dictionary Dot Com's definition of 'Mayhem':  A state of violent disorder or riotous confusion; havoc.

Well... it may not be violent... but it's DEFINITELY disorder, confusion and havoc... wink

Sep 29 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Lauren F. wrote:
LOL thats great big_smile

All righty then, be at the studio tomorrow at 9:00. If I'm not there, just take your street clothes off at the door and wait for me. I shouldn't be long and we can start to work right away. By the way, I think it's great too! big_smile

Sep 29 06 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Louis Pereyra

Scranton, Pennsylvania, US

I believe most photographers and models, once they see a gorgeous body or gorgeous photo they automaticly react and send a message without even reading what the person they are contacting has typed in their profile.

**Maybe that space should be used for more images instead of typing...

No biggy though, a simple decline and move on...

Sep 29 06 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

Hamanah hamanah hamanah wrote:
btw - love this outfit:  https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=94107

there is something about your name that is just so sexy Hamanah hamanah hamanah

Sep 29 06 01:10 pm Link

Photographer

Kelly Talele

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'm pretty sure we've covered this ground before once or twice.  wink  But no, people on the web just don't read.  I don't know why, but they just don't.  I also think a lot of people believe it doesn't hurt to ask even if they did read your profile.

That being said...your other comment about not trying to work with the best was a bit off.  I am still very green when it comes to shooting people, so I have been working with models who have a variety of experience.  I have contacted a few very experienced models to ask if they would shoot TFP with me so I can learn from them.  I only send requests to models who state they will consider TFP, though.  Some say no thank you but others have said yes.  I am happy to work with new models to help them develop their portfolios, but I also appreciate working with a model who knows how to work in front of the camera.  And there are plenty of experienced models out there who are happy to help new photographers, thank goodness.  smile

Sep 29 06 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

While I completely understand about how you said that people still ask even though it's in your profile, this:

was an arrogant and somewhat demeaning statement.  Of course I have been approached by photographers whose work I do not think (at this time) will benefit my portfolio, but when I was starting out, I at least introduced myself to everyone type of photographer in and around my area and let them know that I would be interested in working with them.  I never take *offense* when someone who just started out shows interest in working with me - I remember where I came from and am very grateful to the amazing photographers that agreed to work with me before I had much experience....

p.s. and you never know who will be the next big photographer in town....what happens when they hit it big and *you* want to shoot with them?

I will agree with Hamanah, in that you seem to be a little too P.O.'d at others for not 'reading' your words first.  Remember, you are dealing with PEOPLE and all their nuance mixed in.  Is your time so valuable that you can't  reply "No thank you"?
And possibly turn down work with the next, great photographer? 
BOTH sides of the camera require 'people skills', and you better learn it, if you plan on working in this genre.

Sep 29 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Dudley Watson wrote:
I will agree with Hamanah, in that you seem to be a little too P.O.'d at others for not 'reading' your words first.

This must mean it was Blind Mike that upset her first. He can't read unless it's in brail. Do you think she knew that?

Sep 29 06 01:33 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Lauren F. wrote:
I didn't start off asking the very best to work with me...

I did, and a lot of them said yes.  You never know until you ask!  smile

Sep 29 06 01:35 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Benny-H wrote:

there is something about your name that is just so sexy Hamanah hamanah hamanah

you must not have logged in to your "benny" account wink

Sep 29 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I prefer NTFND

Nude Time for Nice Dinner

Sep 29 06 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Lauren F. wrote:

I must admit you have some really great shots in your port.

I just have to ask....if approached by Playboy you would turn them down???

Sep 29 06 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

you must not have logged in to your "benny" account wink

I never noticed you before and you have all these posts, so I went to your site. I have two questions Hamanah H. Hamanah. Who is that woman on your page that looks kinda the same but different and is that collar too tight?

Sep 29 06 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

This must mean it was Blind Mike that upset her first. He can't read unless it's in brail. Do you think she knew that?

Is this that blind photographer that likes to verify his models are realy nude via the 'touchy-feely' method?

Sep 29 06 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Dudley Watson wrote:

Is this that blind photographer that likes to verify his models are realy nude via the 'touchy-feely' method?

Hey hey, honk honk is a totally righteous in my book.

Sep 29 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Gunter

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

This is a quote from her portfolio page "I will except some TFP".
I guess some people read it and wrong and think it says."I will accept some TFP".

Sep 29 06 02:11 pm Link

Model

Lady_Death

Select Models wrote:

You are so right... and yes... there are just as many GWT's (Girls With Threads) on this site as there GWC's (Guys With Cameras).  Why do you think they call this place 'Model Mayhem'?... wink

Dictionary Dot Com's definition of 'Mayhem':  A state of violent disorder or riotous confusion; havoc.

Well... it may not be violent... but it's DEFINITELY disorder, confusion and havoc... wink

Gary stay away from the librarians!

Sep 29 06 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Lady_Death wrote:

Gary stay away from the librarians!

Hey Brig... do you know why librarians are moaners?... because there's no screaming allowed in the library.  You ROCK girlfren... bring your blonde hotness to CA... wink

Sep 29 06 02:24 pm Link

Model

Lauren F.

Tuscumbia, Alabama, US

FKVPhotoGraphics wrote:

I must admit you have some really great shots in your port.

I just have to ask....if approached by Playboy you would turn them down???

Actually I was approched by Jarmo a playboy photographer and I did say no. Also, please trust the fact the my people skills are up to par. I'm never rude to anyone, its just a vent folks never said I cussed these poor souls out and said they were unworthy of my precious time lol just love the psychology behind forums!

Sep 29 06 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Lauren F. wrote:

Actually I was approched by Jarmo a playboy photographer and I did say no. Also, please trust the fact the my people skills are up to par. I'm never rude to anyone, its just a vent folks never said I cussed these poor souls out and said they were unworthy of my precious time lol just love the psychology behind forums!

Hey Lauren, this Jarmo guy. I saw an ad in the Reader, some guy named Jarmo somethin or other was looking for someone to clean his apartment. Could it be the same guy, cause this Jarmo lived in a nice near north neighborhood where they can afford nanies and stuff too.

Sep 29 06 02:47 pm Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

Bill Gunter wrote:
This is a quote from her portfolio page "I will except some TFP".
I guess some people read it and wrong and think it says."I will accept some TFP".

Did any one see this????
LOL

Sep 29 06 02:50 pm Link

Model

Lauren F.

Tuscumbia, Alabama, US

Hey Lauren, this Jarmo guy. I saw an ad in the Reader, some guy named Jarmo somethin or other was looking for someone to clean his apartment. Could it be the same guy, cause this Jarmo lived in a nice near north neighborhood where they can afford nanies and stuff too.

LOL No!  But I'm thrilled that you are enjoying this!

Sep 29 06 02:52 pm Link

Model

Lauren F.

Tuscumbia, Alabama, US

"I will except some TFP but on a VERY limited basis. I already have plenty of professional photos"

There's there entire sentence for all the smartasses LOL

Sep 29 06 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Sharon Gutowski

St Louis, Saskatchewan, Canada

I do understand your frustration but please remember that unless you give specific guidlines photogrpahers will contact you to find out if they are in "the very best" you deem worth your time.  Model Mayhem is a great place to build a portfolio and for TFP but I personally would never book a paid shoot for a model from here the first time.  I would use a model from here after I'd shot her TFP and know she is reliable and professional.  Please also remember that even if TFP shoots a photographer's reputation is on the line.  To be perfectly honest, I am a bit put off by your profile.  It's one thing to know what you want but you take it a little bit far and it seems a bit too diva.  You need to know your market (in this case MM) and I'm not certain you fully do.  Most photogrpahers won't see the harm in trying to negotiate or offering you something.  Just my opinion. 

Sharon

Sep 29 06 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lauren F. wrote:
"I will except some TFP but on a VERY limited basis. I already have plenty of professional photos"

And the entire sentence STILL states that you will except SOME TFP.  Yet you get mad when photographers see if you'll accept SOME TFP from THEM?  How the hell are they supposed to know when you're in a TFP accepting mood?  Does your profile have a blue light special  sign that lights up when you're accepting TFP?

Sep 29 06 03:00 pm Link

Model

Lauren F.

Tuscumbia, Alabama, US

Yes ,It does actually it does please go back and visit!

Sep 29 06 03:02 pm Link

Model

Lauren F.

Tuscumbia, Alabama, US

LOL note to self about forums as well..I'm out guys have fun on this one smile

Sep 29 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lauren F. wrote:
LOL note to self about forums as well..I'm out guys have fun on this one smile

Heaven forbid the forum participants can point out skewed logic eh?

Sep 29 06 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Lauren F. wrote:

LOL No!  But I'm thrilled that you are enjoying this!

I enjoy that we can share time together like this. It's important. By the way, I just now got off the phone with Kevin K over at Playboy and he filled me in on Jarmo. Man he was bustin a gut. Apparently this Jarmo guy, real name is Arnold J Tiebelman, isn't really a photographer at all. Apparently he works in HR and handles all the workman's comp claims which includes models that may catch cold or get lit on fire. Kevin says the guy is a nuisance and is always bothering the guys in the studio looking for tips and buzz words to fool all the babes that come in. Turns out that this guys got really curly hair and what's left of it makes Art Garfunkle look like he's standing still. The Jarmo part comes from how much dippity doo he uses to keep his hair straight. The guys in the mail room are always sayin One Jar MO when he walks by. Isn't that nuts. What a world.

Sep 29 06 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Lauren F. wrote:

It's "accept," not "except," dear.

except:
1. to exclude; leave out: present company excepted.
2. to object (usually fol. by to or against): to except to a statement; to except against a witness.

accept:
1. to take or receive (something offered); receive with approval or favor: to accept a present; to accept a proposal.
2. to agree or consent to; accede to: to accept a treaty; to accept an apology.
3. to respond or answer affirmatively to: to accept an invitation.

Sep 29 06 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Lauren F. wrote:

I'm interested.

Sep 29 06 03:16 pm Link