Forums > General Industry > So sick of it! Grrr

Model

Beauty of Tiferet

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Ched wrote:

It's "accept," not "except," dear.

except:
1. to exclude; leave out: present company excepted.
2. to object (usually fol. by to or against): to except to a statement; to except against a witness.

accept:
1. to take or receive (something offered); receive with approval or favor: to accept a present; to accept a proposal.
2. to agree or consent to; accede to: to accept a treaty; to accept an apology.
3. to respond or answer affirmatively to: to accept an invitation.

Thank you. That's been annoying me this whole time, but I try to stay out of those types of things. People here don't seem to know these words do not mean (or get spelled) what they think they mean (or how they get spelled).

Sep 29 06 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ched wrote:

It's "accept," not "except," dear.

except:
1. to exclude; leave out: present company excepted.
2. to object (usually fol. by to or against): to except to a statement; to except against a witness.

accept:
1. to take or receive (something offered); receive with approval or favor: to accept a present; to accept a proposal.
2. to agree or consent to; accede to: to accept a treaty; to accept an apology.
3. to respond or answer affirmatively to: to accept an invitation.

Hey, aren't you the guy that was tellin everone in critique to play nice.

Sep 29 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Hey, I'm not someone who was making fun of her for it.

Nice, direct, and honest.

To let her go on without a correction would be mean, because everyone else seemed to know she had made a mistake and were making fun of it like she wasn't a part of the conversation. That tongue in cheek laughing behind someones back sort of thing really irritates me.

Sep 29 06 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

She was coming down hard on another model yesterday because of her grammar and punctuation.

I guess some things eventually come full circle.

Sep 29 06 04:39 pm Link

Model

Lauren F.

Tuscumbia, Alabama, US

Image K wrote:
She was coming down hard on another model yesterday because of her grammar and punctuation.

I guess some things eventually come full circle.

Who was?

Sep 29 06 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ched wrote:
Hey, I'm not someone who was making fun of her for it.

Nice, direct, and honest.

To let her go on without a correction would be mean, because everyone else seemed to know she had made a mistake and were making fun of it like she wasn't a part of the conversation. That tongue in cheek laughing behind someones back sort of thing really irritates me.

What tounge in cheek? I was using a technique known as lampoon. I think Lauren and I have a pretty good understanding of each other. I use these opportunities to get my name out and find new people willing to test or work or whatever and I think she is doing the same. Look at her folio, she's up there and looking for more and if you want it here you have to be outrageous to be noticed. I used lampoon she used rant. You however believed it so I would say you got used.

Sep 29 06 05:47 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

TXPhotog wrote:
So does that mean we aren't going to do a TFP shoot?

Anyone who has been here any length of time at all knows that people do not read profiles or casting notices.  They simply respond with whatever they want to respond to.  It's all part of the Internet Experience.

I think it is more like a part of bad ecology experience.  That and a lack of education.

Sep 29 06 07:31 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Shyly wrote:

I did, and a lot of them said yes.  You never know until you ask!  smile

Agree.  That's like heating on a hot chick in the bar, nobody is trying to because the afraid to get rejected.  In the end she ends up going home alone.
- A story of my life...
big_smile

Sep 29 06 07:33 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Ched wrote:
I prefer NTFND

Nude Time for Nice Dinner

is the salad included?

Sep 29 06 07:33 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

CareLyn Anita wrote:

Did any one see this????
LOL

That is hilarious!

Sep 29 06 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Ched wrote:
I prefer NTFND

Madcitychel wrote:
is the salad included?

Bread, soup, salad, wine, entree, dessert, coffee, and an amaretto.

So, yes, if you like salad, you can have salad.

I don't like salad. More of a side vegetable commander.

Sep 29 06 07:50 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Ched wrote:

Ched wrote:
I prefer NTFND

Bread, soup, salad, wine, entree, dessert, coffee, and an amaretto.

So, yes, if you like salad, you can have salad.

I don't like salad. More of a side vegetable commander.

Can I have two salads then - since you are not going to have yours anyway?

Sep 29 06 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Yeah, you can have mine.

Sep 29 06 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

Eric Haywood

I'm still a bit new to MM, so forgive me if this has already been covered in another thread.  It just seems appropriate here:

I can understand (to a degree) the OP's frustration.  Maybe some models get asked to do nudes despite what their profiles say because there are a lot of mixed messages floating around out there.  I can't count the number of times I've read a model's profile and seen something to the effect of: "I do NOT pose nude.  Never.  Ever.  Under any circumstances.  So PLEASE, for the love of God, do not ask!  I won't do it!  It's just not my thing!  And my dear sweet grandmother would turn over in her grave!"

And then I click on her port, and 8 to 10 of her 20 pictures are implied nudes, full-on nudes, and/or holding-my-bare-boobs shots.

So...I'm not supposed to ask that model to do a nude shoot?

To be clear: this isn't directed at the OP, as I've seen she has no nudes in her port.  But that makes her an exception in my (limited) experience on MM.

Sep 29 06 07:58 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Ched wrote:
Yeah, you can have mine.

Really...
hm....
What else can I have? wink

Sep 29 06 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Madcitychel wrote:
Really...
hm....
What else can I have? wink

Uh-oh.

More wine?

Sep 29 06 08:03 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Ched wrote:
Uh-oh.

More wine?

I thought it was amaretto?

Sep 29 06 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

The wine started with the entree.

Sep 29 06 08:08 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Ched wrote:
The wine started with the entree.

Liar!

YOu just didn't care what I will be drinking, as long as I will be. Admit it - you just wanted to get me drunk!

Sep 29 06 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Yes, ma'am.

Actually, I was thinking a nice bordeaux or some sort of super tuscan. Depends on the entree. Maybe a spanish sparkling wine that tickles the nose.

Sep 29 06 08:11 pm Link

Model

ak68

Bossier City, Louisiana, US

Why not just leave your profile/port open and deal with things on a case by case basis?  My profile states what I enjoy and if anyone is interested in working with me then they can contact me and discuss.  I'd assume that they have looked at my port and are interested enough to contact me.  After finding out what they are interested in and if they have a project they think I'd be good for then I show them more of my work.  I either send them to my deviantart port or email more additional images.

Nude work doesn't bother me but I also won't strip down just for joy of being naked. (well, I will but that is another topic)  I'd rather keep my options open and see what happens.  You never know who may be interested in working with you and if you start in with a list of no no's immediately it turns people off.

It works this way from both sides.  I've seen photographers profiles and it is worded in a 'holier than thou' way and I just pass on by.  Not too long ago I was looking to pay for some more images and found what I thought would be a great photographer (at first glance) but after reading his profile completely and then reading them in the forums I kept my money and will find another.  Everyone starts somewhere and that isn't usually the top. It is just that some people progress to a point where they can't see around their own ego.  just my 0.02.

ak

Sep 29 06 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

James Bluck

Westfield, New Jersey, US

The reason people ask for things that are contrary to the rules in your portfolio is that lots of models don't really take their own published restrictions seriously.  I've shot with plenty of models who say they only shoot with professional photographers, which I'm not.  I've shot TFCD with plenty of models who say they only take paid assignments.  I've shot sans MUA with plenty of models who say they only shoot if a MUA is provided.

I've never asked to shoot nudes with a model who says she doesn't shoot nudes, but I bet a bunch of them would do it.  The "no nudes" model who includes nudes in her portfolio is just begging to be asked to shoot nudes since she's advertising the fact that her restrictions don't mean much.

The problem for people like you who do take their published restrictions seriously is that so  many other models don't.  Accordingly, lots of photographers don't take the restrictions seriously either.

As they say, it never hurts to ask.

Oct 02 06 10:05 am Link