Forums > General Industry > Girls are better than Boys!!! What do you think?

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Okay alot of photographers would work with a female model before a male. TRUE

Girls can do any wacky expression and they will still be beautiful.
NOT SURE

Girls are better than boys. FALSE

Whats your opinion on girls and boy models their techniques, expressions, emotions, bodies! Whos better? What makes one better than the other.... and if one isn't better than the other. What do males do better than females??? What can females do that males can't.... Keep it within the modeling subject... We already know about males having haha's and females having hoho's......

Sep 24 06 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Depends on what I’m selling.

Note: I don’t call models “girls or boys”

Sep 24 06 05:38 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Craig Thomson wrote:
Depends on what I’m selling.

Note: I don’t call models “girls or boys”

Thats cool...but gender plays a part.... Really what would you prefer to work with if you had to choose, and what your selling dosn't really focus on a particular gender..

Sep 24 06 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Maxwell

Somerville, Massachusetts, US

Men dont care as much about our appearance.  Women and Men has a need for female models.  Men will always like to look at women and women will also need to see how she will look in those pants if she just keeps going the gym.

Personally, I dont need my clothes modeled because I just find a cute sales girls and tell her to dress me.  After all, when I buy clothes her opinion matters more than  mine does.

Its not that Ketchup is better than Gaucamoli...  Its just that Ketchup goes with everything

Sep 24 06 05:45 pm Link

Model

Idaho

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US

Girls are more marketable not better. Men have the most money and like looking at beautiful women. Even a lot of women like looking at images of women. More money in photographing women and that is why.
There is a small niche market for men and if you can exploit that than good for you. Women buy products too and can be persuaded to spend money by looking at pictures of attractive men. Learn to cater to them and you can make a little cash.

Sep 24 06 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

StephanieLM

San Francisco, California, US

Men are easier/more fun to shoot because they don't need as much styling.  It takes 2 minutes to completely change a male model's look whereas with a female model you have to redo the hair, the makeup, everything.  With a guy you just throw on a new shirt and maybe new pants and point the camera in the opposite direction and you have a totally new shot.

Sep 24 06 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Working with boys is a little different than working with girls.

Sep 24 06 05:53 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I wish I had a hoho right about now.

Sep 24 06 05:58 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:
Working with boys is a little different than working with girls.

Explain

Sep 24 06 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

e-string wrote:
I wish I had a hoho right about now.

I’ll raise your hoho with a yoo-hoo

Sep 24 06 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Maxwell

Craig Thomson wrote:

I’ll raise your hoho with a yoo-hoo

Thats like raising a steak with a baked potatoe

Sep 24 06 06:38 pm Link

Model

e-string

Maxwell Digital Art wrote:

Thats like raising a steak with a baked potatoe

Damn it. Now I want steak, a hoho, and chocolate milk. lol

Sep 24 06 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Vincent Vega wrote:

Explain

Where would I begin???

Sep 24 06 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Maxwell

e-string wrote:

I'm cooking now, ya should have worn the hat

Sep 24 06 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

I always call models "girls" and "boys."  That's standard usage and traditional. 

That said, in modeling as in life, girls are in fact better than boys.  It took me a long time to learn that, but girls are smarter, more resilient, better adapted to life in general. 

-Don

Sep 24 06 06:45 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:

Where would I begin???

briefly list of a few goods and bads... sames and differences...  big_smile

Sep 24 06 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Well, for starters, I rarely have to worry about a stylist or make-up artist giving the boy I'm shooting a complex.

Sep 24 06 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Vincent Vega wrote:
Whats your opinion on girls and boy models their techniques, expressions, emotions, bodies! Whos better? What makes one better than the other.... and if one isn't better than the other. What do males do better than females??? What can females do that males can't.... Keep it within the modeling subject... We already know about males having haha's and females having hoho's......

The dynamics are completely different.  The portrayals of sexy or powerful or intelligent or anger or sadness or vulnerability vary greatly between the sexes.  Not a better/worse issue.  Just different.

Personally, that difference is the reason I like shooting both males and females.  I enjoy capturing the moods with one which I can't get with the other.

Sep 24 06 07:07 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Jay Bowman wrote:

The dynamics are completely different.  The portrayals of sexy or powerful or intelligent or anger or sadness or vulnerability vary greatly between the sexes.  Not a better/worse issue.  Just different.

Personally, that difference is the reason I like shooting both males and females.  I enjoy capturing the moods with one which I can't get with the other.

Beautifully said...cheers

Sep 24 06 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

e-string wrote:

While waiting for the microwave to cook my Stouffer's chicken ala king, I ate a Chocolate Creme Swiss Roll.  What's great about being a grownup is you don't have to act like one.

Sep 24 06 07:26 pm Link

Model

e-string

Vivus Denuo wrote:

While waiting for the microwave to cook my Stouffer's chicken ala king, I ate a Chocolate Creme Swiss Roll.  What's great about being a grownup is you don't have to act like one.

I rarely do. lol tongue

But if I don't start eating like one, I'm gonna have to be a plus model.

Sep 24 06 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Black Ricco

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I'm cooking now, ya should have worn the hat

If you're cookin' steak I'll throw on a little make-up and a wig and I'll wear the hat.

Sep 24 06 07:35 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

damn food I'm hungry

Sep 24 06 08:06 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Idaho Edokpayi wrote:
Girls are more marketable not better. Men have the most money and like looking at beautiful women. Even a lot of women like looking at images of women. More money in photographing women and that is why.
There is a small niche market for men and if you can exploit that than good for you. Women buy products too and can be persuaded to spend money by looking at pictures of attractive men. Learn to cater to them and you can make a little cash.

I see where your coming from so women are just in general beautiful..and them being women "sell".... thats kinda sad

Sep 24 06 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Ye Olde Photographer

San Juan, San Juan-Laventville, Trinidad and Tobago

Until recently, I used to be completely uninterested in shooting male models. Once they are not gay and they know you're not, half of the photographer's problems is solved.

I have found with the few men I have shot, that they are infinitely more confident than women, follow instructions better, and are by far easier to collaborate with.

It seems that because of the stigma attached to male photographers (whether deserved or not) women think that male photographers will always try to hit on them.

Sep 24 06 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

jac3950

Freedom, New Hampshire, US

e-string wrote:

I rarely do. lol tongue

But if I don't start eating like one, I'm gonna have to be a plus model.

ah... the benefits of being behind the camera.... can happily be a plus photographer without guilt.

Sep 24 06 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Girls are more flexible than boys. When shooting boys, the first rule is, "do no harm." What this means is generally men do not want to look feminine in their pictures. This limits the types of poses we can do together. But girls can do just about anything and come off looking great.

Sep 24 06 09:23 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I remember this trick someone did at a party once.  I can't quite remember how it worked but he had both girls and guys lean against a wall over a chair with their head touching the wall.  The girls had no problem lifting the chair and standing strait up.  Non of the guys could do it.  This proved that girls were much better than boys at lifting chairs from awkward positions.  smile

Sep 24 06 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

J A M E S

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

In my opinion (and I'm making sure that I say this because of the hell that could follow) there is no thing, nothing, nada thing, not a thing, in this e-n-t-i-r-e world better than the female.  Taking the physical out of it, female in many case returns or may involve mother. Mother in all cases returns to nature. Nature in all things returns to mother nature. Mother nature's work unless you've been struck by  hurricane, is always beautiful.  So naturally, mother nature prevails and male aren't mothers.

Just my opinion though.

;} James

Sep 24 06 09:40 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:
Girls are more flexible than boys. When shooting boys, the first rule is, "do no harm." What this means is generally men do not want to look feminine in their pictures. This limits the types of poses we can do together. But girls can do just about anything and come off looking great.

Lots of photographers say the same things you did..... But shouldn't you be doing a masculine pose for a guy it should be the exact same as for a women which is being feminine...you should have just as much flexibility for men in pose mascline as women posing feminine.... we are two different types of the human race..... Women can pose in a mascline manner and still look good because we can still see a feminine side to them because they are female...if a male would pose feminine than of corse he would be gay...... Women are more easier in general.... men have to work harder to keep a mascline side to their poses.... Its not really flexibility its what you said just the simple mascline and feminine side to poses and techniques....

I do agree women are more free minded.... but flexibility I think works on just the model themselves.... man should be able to not look feminine without the help of the photographer... I mean male models are men so they should naturally act like one photographers direct they dont alter anyones gender look.... unless they are dressed up to look like a girl than that would be attentionally....

Sep 24 06 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

TSOJAW wrote:
Just my opinion though.

;} James

For some reason, your post made me think of what I once heard:

People spend the first nine months of their existence trying to get out of the womb, and the rest of their lives trying to get back in.

Sep 24 06 09:45 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

TSOJAW wrote:
In my opinion (and I'm making sure that I say this because of the hell that could follow) there is no thing, nothing, nada thing, not a thing, in this e-n-t-i-r-e world better than the female.  Taking the physical out of it, female in many case returns or may involve mother. Mother in all cases returns to nature. Nature in all things returns to mother nature. Mother nature's work unless you've been struck by  hurricane, is always beautiful.  So naturally, mother nature prevails and male aren't mothers.

Just my opinion though.

;} James

ROCK ON!!! women are amazing its true....

But this is modeling not wiccan/pegan traditions nature is within everyone.... men hold the seed women make that seed bloom.... it takes two to tangle rather it be mother nature(earth) or animal

Women are at the peak of all thats life and beauty.... but I'm talking about modeling not life in general..... modeling for me has always put me in an alter reality...

Sep 24 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

J A M E S

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:

For some reason, your post made me think of what I once heard:

People spend the first nine months of their existence trying to get out of the womb, and the rest of their lives trying to get back in.

Well by all means, when you figure out the reason, I'd love to hear it.  ; }

Sep 24 06 09:58 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Jay Dezelic wrote:
I remember this trick someone did at a party once.  I can't quite remember how it worked but he had both girls and guys lean against a wall over a chair with their head touching the wall.  The girls had no problem lifting the chair and standing strait up.  Non of the guys could do it.  This proved that girls were much better than boys at lifting chairs from awkward positions.  smile

Wow thats kinda scary

Sep 25 06 02:03 pm Link

Model

Sanchaz

Washington, District of Columbia, US

like someone said earlier i think girls are more marketable because of their versatility, girls can do anything with a guy/or a girl where as unless they're gay most gays don't even consider guy/guy shoots... me personally i'm not into the guy/guy shoots...

Sep 25 06 02:13 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

I wouldn't care to do a "guy" shoot I mean as long as I'm not sitting on anyones lap I'm cool.... I mean a shoot advertising beer and its a guys night out yeah I'll  do the shoot..... I mean really dude be more open minded....I'm sure you can do a photoshoot with a dude without it turning into a homo club rave..... women have the "open" ability I think they have a care freestyle sure they care about how they are going to look but when it comes to poses they would care less.... men second their actions.... men shouldn't really have that problem...your modeling give me a break

Sep 25 06 02:26 pm Link

Model

Manda Mercure

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

this may be a little off topic...

someone asked me a similar question this weekend. i paint portraits, but stuff that i do for fun is always women; sexy women, with little-to-no clothes on. the only time i have painted men was for some wedding and couples pieces.

anyways, this may sound silly, but women just look better. i'm not attracted to women in any way, but they are so much more beautiful than even the best looking man.

why, though? not really sure. curves are fun, i guess.

Sep 25 06 02:32 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Mandy McKeating wrote:
this may be a little off topic...

someone asked me a similar question this weekend. i paint portraits, but stuff that i do for fun is always women; sexy women, with little-to-no clothes on. the only time i have painted men was for some wedding and couples pieces.

anyways, this may sound silly, but women just look better. i'm not attracted to women in any way, but they are so much more beautiful than even the best looking man.

why, though? not really sure. curves are fun, i guess.

Nice

Sep 25 06 02:40 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

We need more women photographers lol I think their fun.....

Sep 25 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Lee

GUILDERLAND, New York, US

More people like to look at women then men. Just see all the magazines devoted to pictures of hot women.

Plus, beauty pageants and all the hot women who work at restaurants like Hooters and bars.

Sep 26 06 12:50 am Link