Forums > General Industry > Girls are better than Boys!!! What do you think?

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

I dunno... I a kinda like boyz better... yep... boyz and steaks.

Sep 26 06 01:54 am Link

Model

Sultry1

Monticello, Indiana, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:

For some reason, your post made me think of what I once heard:

People spend the first nine months of their existence trying to get out of the womb, and the rest of their lives trying to get back in.

have heard that also... and i do find truth in it wink

Sep 26 06 03:05 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

the girls are better than boys thing is irrelevant? lol

ummm... well firstly, for me at least, it is easier to pose females than males because i am one.  lol plus i also model and i know which poses work well for the female form since i am so much more experienced with it.

the body structures are different so there are certain ways to pose each.  i haven't had any male models except for my boyfriend so far, my area is a bit scarce...  i've had guys randomly ask me to shoot them though and a lot of guys willing to pay me to shoot them, but since i lack experience in posing the male form i hesitate especially if it is for portfolio or print use.  i just don't want a bad image to be shown to the world. lol

Sep 26 06 03:08 am Link

Model

Yehoshua David

Richmond, California, US

Vincent Vega wrote:
[1] Okay alot of photographers would work with a female model before a male. TRUE

[2] Girls are better than boys. FALSE

Mr. Vincent Vega,

Good Topic. I have ran into the same problem here at MM.

[1] TRUE: most of the Photographers that I have communicated with would rather work with women. I THINK IT IS BECAUSE MOST OF THE PHOTOGRAPHERS ARE MALE. smile

[2] FALSE: Men & Women each have individual characteristics / qualities which make one group men and the other women; so, they are individually unique, and should be equally appreciated. smile

PEACE |/

GOD BLED!!!

smile

Sep 26 06 05:05 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

girls are prettier

Sep 26 06 05:07 am Link

Model

Yehoshua David

Richmond, California, US

jonathan ledeux wrote:
girls are prettier

MEN ARE MORE HANDSOME. Hahaha smile

PEACE |/

GOD BLED!!!

smile

Sep 26 06 05:09 am Link

Model

Sultry1

Monticello, Indiana, US

Yehoshua David wrote:

PEACE |/

GOD BLED!!!

smile

ok ok we know that God bled now PLEASE give it a rest would ya!!!

Sep 26 06 09:12 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

You got your wish, Vincent, female photographer checking in.

What I prefer depends on what I'm shooting.  When I'm photographing commercial plus models, who are exclusively women, I obviously prefer female models.  With portraits, I don't care.  I'll shoot just about anyone (particularly if they're paying me!).  Men and women are equally interesting, and actually I'd like to do more male portraits.

With figure work, nothing cuts the light better than an extremely fit man, in my opinion.  I am constantly amazed by the people who don't think men are beautiful.  Are you for real?  Men are absolutely beautiful, you just don't often see them photographed as subjects for contemporary art, so the comparison isn't fair.

Although a lot of people are leery of saying so in public, the overwhelming feedback I get from 100% of the people who talk to me about my work is that I photograph men better than I do anything else.  Now I just need to figure out how to make that marketable, and I'm all set!  wink

Sep 26 06 09:22 am Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Yehoshua David wrote:

smile

Yes, but they have hair on their faces... ugh...

Sep 26 06 11:54 am Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Madcitychel wrote:

LOL because their men..... now the problem with a hairy face would be a women with a hairy face...thats just not right now is it hmm

Sep 26 06 04:58 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Sita Mae Edwards wrote:
You got your wish, Vincent, female photographer checking in.

What I prefer depends on what I'm shooting.  When I'm photographing commercial plus models, who are exclusively women, I obviously prefer female models.  With portraits, I don't care.  I'll shoot just about anyone (particularly if they're paying me!).  Men and women are equally interesting, and actually I'd like to do more male portraits.

With figure work, nothing cuts the light better than an extremely fit man, in my opinion.  I am constantly amazed by the people who don't think men are beautiful.  Are you for real?  Men are absolutely beautiful, you just don't often see them photographed as subjects for contemporary art, so the comparison isn't fair.

Although a lot of people are leery of saying so in public, the overwhelming feedback I get from 100% of the people who talk to me about my work is that I photograph men better than I do anything else.  Now I just need to figure out how to make that marketable, and I'm all set!  wink

WOOOOOHOOOOOO nice...... someone who gives some props to male models hmm

Sep 26 06 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Sirius

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

To be honnest, I have problems with guys.
I like women/girls.
Been raised with them and I have very few male friends...
BUT (there is nothing like a butt)
I enjoy a lot more taking a guy in picture than a girl since I tried.
It is amazing to discover charm into a man (for an heterosexual at least).  It is so different.
And also, the comments are quite different.
If you shoot a very good looking girl (or just plain sexy), even though the photo isn't great, people will droll all over and you'll be a god.
With a guy, you need to make it works.

Sep 26 06 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Sirius

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Thuy Anh wrote:
the girls are better than boys thing is irrelevant? lol

ummm... well firstly, for me at least, it is easier to pose females than males because i am one.  lol plus i also model and i know which poses work well for the female form since i am so much more experienced with it.

the body structures are different so there are certain ways to pose each.  i haven't had any male models except for my boyfriend so far, my area is a bit scarce...  i've had guys randomly ask me to shoot them though and a lot of guys willing to pay me to shoot them, but since i lack experience in posing the male form i hesitate especially if it is for portfolio or print use.  i just don't want a bad image to be shown to the world. lol

On my part, I can say I shoot women better because I am not one.
Because I desire women.
When it comes to men, there is no such things.
I have to take another point of view to discover a sensuality that is unknown to me.

Sep 26 06 07:51 pm Link

Model

Yehoshua David

Richmond, California, US

Madcitychel wrote:

___ I HAVE SEEN A FEW WOMEN WITH HAIR ON THEIR FACES AS WELL. HAHAHA. smile ___

By the way, the hair on men's faces is due to the increase of the sex hormone Testosterone at puberty. It is a sign of sexual maturity. Hahaha smile This is also why men are generally more hairy than women. These are called Secondary Sex Characteristics [i.e., facial hair, generally more muscle mass than women, etc.]. Women also have Secondary Sex Characteristics, but due to the sex hormone Estrogen. Examples of these are increased breast growth / mammary glands = secretion of milk, generally a smaller body size / frame when compared to men, etc. smile These Secondary Sex Characteristics are what make men men and women women. This is why each is special and unique, and should be equally appreciated for their individual characteristics / beauty. smile Hahaha. smile

PEACE |/

GOD BLED!!!

smile

PS. I have a degree in Biology, and I taught Science / Biology among other subjects for like 7+ years. smile This is why I know the things as stated above, and they are true. smile

Sep 26 06 11:31 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Yehoshua David wrote:

___ I HAVE SEEN A FEW WOMEN WITH HAIR ON THEIR FACES AS WELL. HAHAHA. smile ___

By the way, the hair on men's faces is due to the increase of the sex hormone Testosterone at puberty. It is a sign of sexual maturity. Hahaha smile This is also why men are generally more hairy than women. These are called Secondary Sex Characteristics [i.e., facial hair, generally more muscle mass than women, etc.]. Women also have Secondary Sex Characteristics, but due to the sex hormone Estrogen. Examples of these are increased breast growth / mammary glands = secretion of milk, generally a smaller body size / frame when compared to men, etc. smile These Secondary Sex Characteristics are what make men men and women women. This is why each is special and unique, and should be equally appreciated for their individual characteristics / beauty. smile Hahaha. smile

PEACE |/

GOD BLED!!!

smile

PS. I have a degree in Biology, and I taught Science / Biology among other subjects for like 7+ years. smile This is why I know the things as stated above, and they are true. smile

Pretty scientifical...lol anywho ROCK ON big_smile

Sep 27 06 05:52 pm Link

Model

Angel Babe

Bristol, Rhode Island, US

Vincent Vega wrote:
Okay alot of photographers would work with a female model before a male. TRUE

Girls can do any wacky expression and they will still be beautiful.
NOT SURE

Girls are better than boys. FALSE

Whats your opinion on girls and boy models their techniques, expressions, emotions, bodies! Whos better? What makes one better than the other.... and if one isn't better than the other. What do males do better than females??? What can females do that males can't.... Keep it within the modeling subject... We already know about males having haha's and females having hoho's......

I don't think it should be a matter of sex, it all comes down to talent. I think female models are just more popular by male photographers.

A male friend of mine (That moved for his career) I can honestly say was a lot better then a lot of female models. (But not because his sex had anything to do with it) But because he had the walk, the poses, and right look.

The main difference if there is any? I'd say a man represents a more stronger type image and a women is thought to be more sensual or something?

Actually, I'm surprised photographers don't shoot male/female models together more. I think a lot of times it can make a more powerful image.

Sep 27 06 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

Madcitychel wrote:
I dunno... I a kinda like boyz better... yep... boyz and steaks.

Well now, if you also like beer, you're pretty damn close to perfection!

My two cents:

Some male models tend to look too macho into the lens.  I like more natural poses/expressions.  For Artistic Nudes both forms are just as aesthetically wonderful.

Sep 27 06 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

RichMiamiPhoto

Miami, Florida, US

Vincent Vega wrote:
Okay alot of photographers would work with a female model before a male. TRUE

Girls can do any wacky expression and they will still be beautiful.
NOT SURE

Girls are better than boys. FALSE

Whats your opinion on girls and boy models their techniques, expressions, emotions, bodies! Whos better? What makes one better than the other.... and if one isn't better than the other. What do males do better than females??? What can females do that males can't.... Keep it within the modeling subject... We already know about males having haha's and females having hoho's......

"haha's and hoho's"???  I thought I'd try a serious response to this, but my serious response just eluded me.

Sep 27 06 08:20 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Angel Babe wrote:

I don't think it should be a matter of sex, it all comes down to talent. I think female models are just more popular by male photographers.

A male friend of mine (That moved for his career) I can honestly say was a lot better then a lot of female models. (But not because his sex had anything to do with it) But because he had the walk, the poses, and right look.

The main difference if there is any? I'd say a man represents a more stronger type image and a women is thought to be more sensual or something?

Actually, I'm surprised photographers don't shoot male/female models together more. I think a lot of times it can make a more powerful image.

I agree with you...and I still have no idea why photographers dont photograph male and females in the same shot anymore....I mean I think it adds a really good story line behind it....

Sep 27 06 08:56 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

big_smile

Sep 28 06 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

KINGDOM Photography

Richmond, California, US

Vincent Vega wrote:
I agree with you...and I still have no idea why photographers dont photograph male and females in the same shot anymore....I mean I think it adds a really good story line behind it....

YO, VINNY!!! If I may. Hahaha. smile

[You know my Cousin Vinny. smile]

Well.

Yes, I do agree. I think Men and Women should be photographed together more. It does make for a very interesting photo, and must be done well. smile

PEACE |/

GOD BLED!!!

smile

Sep 29 06 12:53 am Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

lol

Sep 30 06 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

CantuPhotos

Ames, Iowa, US

Alright I'm hopping in on this topic a little late lol but here's my thoughts.

The difference of Female Models vs Male Models:

Ok stereotypically (wow that's a big word lol) women are more expressive, they can show more emotion (or is it they are expected to show more?) than a male model.  Or more precisely it's easier to see/expect a female to show sadness/joy/depression/tranquility/etc just because of that stereotype, whereas men are supposed to be the "unmoving stone" to show little emotion or to be the person that stands firm when things go wrong and tries to make them right.  That may/may not be true anymore but that's still the stereotype that's probably floating around in most consumers minds.

Why Female Models are used more/prefered(?) over Male Models:

1. The first "noteable" (that I can see without research) advertisement ploy which vaulted female over male usage is the basis of Playboy; with the idea that "sex sells."  Pre-WWII men brought in the money so more advertisements were based on their desires/needs/fantasies/etc.  This all leads to the current point already stated that men will always find enjoyment looking at female models.

2. Secondly once women broke into the "working world" they reverse of 1. didn't seem to take hold.  Yes women may enjoy looking at the male form but what really took hold with this new market was a woman's personality.  Women love/hate looking at other women in magazines, they always want to compare themselves to what they see or to see what looks good.  There's this constant attempt to "better" themselves while guys practically role out of bed throw on a shirt and are good for the day.

I don't know, that's just what I think lol.  Basically it's become tradition(?) to use females more because of our personality's and stereotypes.

Sep 30 06 03:59 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

CantuPhotos wrote:
Alright I'm hopping in on this topic a little late lol but here's my thoughts.

The difference of Female Models vs Male Models:

Ok stereotypically (wow that's a big word lol) women are more expressive, they can show more emotion (or is it they are expected to show more?) than a male model.  Or more precisely it's easier to see/expect a female to show sadness/joy/depression/tranquility/etc just because of that stereotype, whereas men are supposed to be the "unmoving stone" to show little emotion or to be the person that stands firm when things go wrong and tries to make them right.  That may/may not be true anymore but that's still the stereotype that's probably floating around in most consumers minds.

Why Female Models are used more/prefered(?) over Male Models:

1. The first "noteable" (that I can see without research) advertisement ploy which vaulted female over male usage is the basis of Playboy; with the idea that "sex sells."  Pre-WWII men brought in the money so more advertisements were based on their desires/needs/fantasies/etc.  This all leads to the current point already stated that men will always find enjoyment looking at female models.

2. Secondly once women broke into the "working world" they reverse of 1. didn't seem to take hold.  Yes women may enjoy looking at the male form but what really took hold with this new market was a woman's personality.  Women love/hate looking at other women in magazines, they always want to compare themselves to what they see or to see what looks good.  There's this constant attempt to "better" themselves while guys practically role out of bed throw on a shirt and are good for the day.

I don't know, that's just what I think lol.  Basically it's become tradition(?) to use females more because of our personality's and stereotypes.

Nice..... so in other words people don't like to be a little bolder than others, stereotypes are a good thing, and tradition is just that tradition.... Okay got it cleared...lol

Oct 03 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

CantuPhotos

Ames, Iowa, US

Vincent Vega wrote:
Nice..... so in other words people don't like to be a little bolder than others, stereotypes are a good thing, and tradition is just that tradition.... Okay got it cleared...lol

lol thanks for that translation :p

so we should all break tradition start shooting everything that doesnt' fit what people have grown to expect to see, and hold to the notion that it'll all be for the better? wink

Oct 05 06 12:30 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

CantuPhotos wrote:

so we should all break tradition start shooting everything that doesnt' fit what people have grown to expect to see, and hold to the notion that it'll all be for the better? wink

Not really, keep tradition and Hold onto everyones individual characteristics.... not for the better but for the sake of being different.

Oct 06 06 08:09 am Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

CantuPhotos wrote:

Not really, keep tradition and Hold onto everyones individual characteristics.... not for the better but for the sake of being different.

Oct 06 06 08:09 am Link

Model

G220

Perris, California, US

GUYS are obviously better. smile smile smile

Mainly, because I am one. Hahaha smile

Peace |/

God Bled!!!

: )

Oct 06 06 09:44 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

At the risk of actually being helpful - or totally NOT...
Gals (like me) are always being asked to show yoga poses
especially naked (or maybe thats JUST me...)
;-)
however, this rarely looks as good as a male model in yoga poses!!
YUP unless shot crooked - or in a twisted asana - due to the fact women photograph better in asymmetrical poses and men look best shot straight on ... symmetry

they also get ready faster.. after the shaving part...

Oct 07 06 02:40 am Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
At the risk of actually being helpful - or totally NOT...
Gals (like me) are always being asked to show yoga poses
especially naked (or maybe thats JUST me...)
;-)
however, this rarely looks as good as a male model in yoga poses!!
YUP unless shot crooked - or in a twisted asana - due to the fact women photograph better in asymmetrical poses and men look best shot straight on ... symmetry

they also get ready faster.. after the shaving part...

WOW yoga....you know I was going to start yoga..... I'm not sure...

Oct 08 06 08:55 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

big_smile

Oct 08 06 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

KaoS GRaFFiX

Sunbury, Pennsylvania, US

Girls always give me more web hits and picture comments over guys. It also seems in the modeling scene girls out number guys substantially. I have nothing against shooting guys, but it just seems more girls come my way.

Oct 08 06 09:22 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

KaoS GRaFFiX wrote:
Girls always give me more web hits and picture comments over guys. It also seems in the modeling scene girls out number guys substantially. I have nothing against shooting guys, but it just seems more girls come my way.

Isn't the world more populated with women than men...lol wow that might be why.... anywho I think women stand out more because in my opinion they have a certain sex appeal.... hmmmm IDK.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANYMORE OPINIONS PEEPS

Oct 08 06 09:47 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

So I came up with the conclusion that....women are more easier to accept when it comes to modeling.... The industry is designed for women..... Since women like looking at other women and that men like looking at women...so women are ment to model.

Men are pretty much that dark shadow...the tree in the backdrop.... it they just add to the effect of things...... hmmm.... that sounds about right....

Oct 10 06 07:43 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
I always call models "girls" and "boys."  That's standard usage and traditional. 

That said, in modeling as in life, girls are in fact better than boys.  It took me a long time to learn that, but girls are smarter, more resilient, better adapted to life in general. 

-Don

You must be married....LMAO....JK

Oct 10 06 08:12 am Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Vance wrote:

You must be married....LMAO....JK

Makes sense

Oct 10 06 04:40 pm Link