Forums > General Industry > Your favourite muse

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Vegas Alien wrote:

Umm...you need to take a look at who I was responding to.  It was not you, it was poet-creepy-flower boy.

Your comment was childish , stupid , un-needed, sick, out of order, made just to inflame someone, moronic, and leads me to believe that you may be the one sitting there with those thoughts in your head . As the person put up the full image and now you look like the creep yourself.
So anyway hows Mikey and Pee Wee and Father Cunningham and Jeffery and.........

Sep 23 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

T R Willmitch

Normal, Illinois, US

Hi,

It seems to me that to physically desire a muse (regardless of age) would be to ruin the thing that make the relationship precious.  A poet might argue that the English language lacks the words needed to describe love in its many forms – and in no case is this truer than with a muse.

I believe that it is largely the element of respect and trust that makes a muse-like relationship possible between artist and model.  From this is born the love that they share and not some mere physical thing. 

I sincerely pity an “artist” so small-minded as to not understand (or at least aspire) to this unique form of love between two people of shared artistic vision.  Without meaning offense to anyone, isn’t such an artist little more than a skilled technician if he defines love as nothing more than something base and physical?

Oh and I for one love flowers for their sheer beauty and tenderness – particularly roses from the Bretagne region of France.

To quote the great bard William Shakespeare (1564–1616) from Romeo and Juliet, Act II. Scene II:

“What’s in a name? that which we call a rose   
  By any other name would smell as sweet”

And perhaps that same can be said of an artist’s love for a muse.

Take care,
Tom

https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/trwillm/Model%20Mayhem/Roses-Sm.jpg

Sep 23 06 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

T R Willmitch wrote:
Hi,

It seems to me that to physically desire a muse (regardless of age) would be to ruin the thing that make the relationship precious.  A poet might argue that the English language lacks the words needed to describe love in its many forms – and in no case is this truer than with a muse.

I believe that it is largely the element of respect and trust that makes a muse-like relationship possible between artist and model.  From this is born the love that they share and not some mere physical thing. 

I sincerely pity an “artist” so small-minded as to not understand (or at least aspire) to this unique form of love between two people of shared artistic vision.  Without meaning offense to anyone, isn’t such an artist little more than a skilled technician if he defines love as nothing more than something base and physical?

Oh and I for one love flowers for their sheer beauty and tenderness – particularly roses from the Bretagne region of France.

To quote the great bard William Shakespeare (1564–1616) from Romeo and Juliet, Act II. Scene II:

“What’s in a name? that which we call a rose   
  By any other name would smell as sweet”

And perhaps that same can be said of an artist’s love for a muse.

Take care,
Tom

https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/trwillm/Model%20Mayhem/Roses-Sm.jpg

Am I the only one creeped out?

Sep 23 06 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Carroll

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

My wife, Zoya. She is the first and oldest add , and also the latest 2.

Sep 23 06 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
Your comment was childish , stupid , un-needed, sick, out of order, made just to inflame someone, moronic, and leads me to believe that you may be the one sitting there with those thoughts in your head . As the person put up the full image and now you look like the creep yourself.
So anyway hows Mikey and Pee Wee and Father Cunningham and Jeffery and.........

Haydn.

Were you referring to the post made by Ammunition about the model looking like she was nude that he replied to? Those are NOT my words. I think maybe you confused the avatars as both images are my work. If you confused the other poster with myself, I would appreciate an apology or retraction.

I posted this:

"Many models I work with have inspired me to create incredible images. I have not come close to anything akin to falling in love with any of them, especially those who are minors."

I don't see that as childish, sick, moronic or anything of the sort.

I think you got confused.

Sep 23 06 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Vegas Alien wrote:

You have no idea what you are speaking about. I said nothing of anyone being a pedo. YOU did.  Those thoughts, then, reside in YOUR mind, by your logic.  My original words were this:

"Many models I work with have inspired me to create incredible images. I have not come close to anything akin to falling in love with any of them, especially those who are minors."

I referred to his unnatural love for a minor model, which the original poster keeps going on about.  I know the model and her family personally and the poster has been asked to leave them alone or they will call the police.  Yet he continues his obsession over the girl. Trust me...there is a lot to his story.

I dont see where he said he was in love with her either. Nor for that matter does it matter to me. I love my wife should I stop because I photograph her...No. Falling in love with a model amd loving to shoot them is completely different. I still hold that your comment was unneeded and childish. Take it off the thread and into private emails. That is what you should do. What you have done is give the guy grounds to sue the shit out of you,true or not. Thats about it. Why you felt the need to write what you did I dont know or care but it was sick none the less.

Sep 23 06 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Vegas Alien wrote:

Haydn.

Were you referring to the post made by Ammunition about the model looking like she was nude that he replied to? Those are NOT my words. I think maybe you confused the avatars as both images are my work. If you confused the other poster with myself, I would appreciate an apology or retraction.

I posted this:

I don't see that as childish, sick, moronic or anything of the sort.

I think you got confused.

Nope I said it to you. You infered that the poster was falling in love with minors, that is dead wrong, dont hold your breath waiting for my retraction or apology. You were wrong to bring that up when I dont believe anyone said anything about falling in love with minors. Next?

Sep 23 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Electra T wrote:

Clio and melpomene sad

Don't worry...it's through tragedy that we get those moments of catharsis which cleanse us and ready us for life.

Sep 23 06 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
Nope I said it to you. You infered that the poster was falling in love with minors, that is dead wrong, dont hold your breath waiting for my retraction or apology. You were wrong to bring that up when I dont believe anyone said anything about falling in love with minors. Next?

Haydn,

The poster putting up his full image was in response to a model named Ammunition, who left the comment that generated his reply. You referred to that saying it made me look like a creep.  You replied to the wrong person.

In an earlier post I was not referring to you, but you came back with:

"I dont think I was talking about being a pedo but if that works for you OK."

You need to actually READ the posts and see who is posting them, who is responding to them, etc.

Sep 23 06 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Vegas Alien wrote:

Haydn,

The poster putting up his full image was in response to a model named Ammunition, who left the comment that generated his reply. You referred to that saying it made me look like a creep.  You replied to the wrong person.

In an earlier post I was not referring to you, but you came back with:

"I dont think I was talking about being a pedo but if that works for you OK."

You need to actually READ the posts and see who is posting them, who is responding to them, etc.

And? You tried to call someone a pedo here. What the other person wrote is of little importance to me as are you. Lets agree to say we dont agree, and leave it at that or not.

Sep 23 06 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Click Hamilton wrote:

HEY! ... That looks just like my muse!

What's going on here?

Uhm...uhm...

& my muse claims she's not model material. I knew she was lying! smile

Sep 23 06 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
And? You tried to call someone a pedo here. What the other person wrote is of little importance to me as are you. Lets agree to say we dont agree, and leave it at that or not.

We do disagree. I said nothing about anyone being a pedo. That word indicates, by definition, a sexual attraction.  I simply said something about a love (even as the other poster admits in his post) for a minor model, which I feel is unnatural. This is my opinion and I did not state anything illegal about him.

Sep 23 06 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

Well...sadly I have no muse.
It would be nice to have one.
It makes the journey much more interesting.
I can only hope to be so lucky and someday be blessed to find one.
Time will tell.....

Sep 23 06 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

d artiste provocateur

Madison, Wisconsin, US

My favorite???

Well, that would have to be the one in the room with me at the time of the shoot, inspiring, collaborating, creating.

Do I have an all-time fav?  No, not really.  Some have garnered incredible firey inspiration, others have been dreamy.  Did 3 different muse shoots this week.  Some of the work is up in my port.  The rest will be after this weekend wink

LGL

Sep 23 06 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Vegas Alien wrote:

We do disagree. I said nothing about anyone being a pedo. That word indicates, by definition, a sexual attraction.  I simply said something about a love (even as the other poster admits in his post) for a minor model, which I feel is unnatural. This is my opinion and I did not state anything illegal about him.

Yawn? scratch...cough..rub..scratch some more yawn roll over and goes back to thinking.

Sep 23 06 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

ive only have one - http://www.modelginamarie.com/

Sep 23 06 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

This thread is just getting way too creepy for me! *shivers*

Freakin' out there!!!

Sep 23 06 09:49 pm Link

Model

Ivy Jo

Amarillo, Texas, US

Mike Walker wrote:
from 1971-75 Betsy was my wife and Muse and took everything I had except my life and gave me my most successful portfolio to date. Twinka got me into the Museum of Modern Art in 1976. Liz and Melissa got me thru the rest of the 70’s where Claire and Cheryl picked up and helped get me out to CA. Sandie and Ex pretty much define the last 20 years. I thought I had a new Muse in Claire but she vanished. She did leave behind 8-10 of my best images of this century so I can't really complain.  Ex just left the state ending 19 years of collaboration. My wife has grown tired of modeling after 20 years. So I am left with Jamie and who ever I find next. See images of all of them on my profile.
Mike

I should probably put this in a critique somewhere, but... You're a talented photographer, but I'm a bit disappointed in your reliance on biology.

Sep 23 06 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

My muses:

Tatiana (MM 24040):

https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060430/17/44553b03731fb.jpg

Marci (MM 20795):

https://img2.modelmayhem.com/051019/21/43574d7dd2cab.jpg

Sep 23 06 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

Photos by Gary

Redford, Michigan, US

I found my muse in my best friend, didn't even realise it until allot peaple around started telling me that they noticed a big change in the style of my work.

Sep 23 06 11:31 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

In 20 years of photography I've had two.  This one is Mashulya:

https://fotog.net/billings2/masha04.jpg

In our hotel room in Billings, Montana.

-Don

Scissors - model's own

Sep 23 06 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Mayanlee wrote:
So what makes her your muse? How does she inspire you on all levels? Is it possible that just ONE person can do that on all levels?

What makes a person a "muse"...?

You should know...since you have been mine for quite some time.

Sep 24 06 06:36 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
Mine is my wife, my stylist and my best friend Karen.Her natural beauty and charm combined with her style bring me almost to the brink each time I look at her through the lens.
And yours would be?

https://static.flickr.com/81/251215627_5ebce4d39f.jpg?v=0

MayanLee...As I'm wont to say, no Her, no me.

Sep 24 06 06:42 am Link

Model

Mayanlee

New City, New York, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

You should know...since you have been mine for quite some time.

Gosh... you're nice to an old bat. I merely provided a little encouragement at a fortunate moment, dude ... you get your inspiration through yourself. I don't think either case qualifies as the classical definition of "muse."

Sep 24 06 06:48 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Mayanlee wrote:

Gosh... you're nice to an old bat. I merely provided a little encouragement at a fortunate moment, dude ... you get your inspiration through yourself. I don't think either case qualifies as the classical definition of "muse."

from dictionary.com:

"...the goddess or the power regarded as inspiring a poet, artist, thinker, or the like."

...sounds about right to me.

Sep 24 06 06:56 am Link

Model

Mayanlee

New City, New York, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

from dictionary.com:

"...the goddess or the power regarded as inspiring a poet, artist, thinker, or the like."

...sounds about right to me.

big_smile

Sep 24 06 07:07 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

still looking

Sep 24 06 07:39 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
In 20 years of photography I've had two.  This one is Mashulya:

https://fotog.net/billings2/masha04.jpg

In our hotel room in Billings, Montana.

-Don

Scissors - model's own

Beautiful,

Sep 24 06 07:49 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Mayanlee wrote:

I think you two fit the bill perfectly, a short definetion would be "Inspiration" ...Yes?

Sep 24 06 07:51 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Howard Garcia wrote:
Well...sadly I have no muse.
It would be nice to have one.
It makes the journey much more interesting.
I can only hope to be so lucky and someday be blessed to find one.
Time will tell.....

Don't go looking for one,they will find you just when you find them.

Sep 24 06 07:52 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Rossi Photography wrote:
This thread is just getting way too creepy for me! *shivers*

Freakin' out there!!!

Good bye. This is an adult topic which requires the reader to have some idea of what the topic is.

Sep 24 06 07:55 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Photos by Gary wrote:
I found my muse in my best friend, didn't even realise it until allot peaple around started telling me that they noticed a big change in the style of my work.

I believe that would be the way of it. Good luck.

Sep 24 06 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

I dont think anyone here is talking about falling in love with the muse/person in the physical sense, I could be wrong but I dont read that in these posts. I for one am in love with my wife and dont intend to change that. As for others here its your field. I am not sure physical love or those feelings have any place in the muse/artist tangle although in my case it is just so. I have never "hooked up" with a model or hit on one for a date. We all know this happens from time to time its just that I believe those types of feelings would prevent what is needed for the Muse/Artist collaboration-Trust.

Sep 24 06 08:02 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Stanley Saxon wrote:

Welcome back, Haydn Lassiter.

The right kind of Friends are treasured, and all of the others are 'deleted'.

Thank you, I have been in siberia have I not?.

Sep 24 06 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Thump

Sep 25 06 06:05 am Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

My muse over just a 2-year time became a family friend.

https://img2.modelmayhem.com/050701/13/ … b4b91c.jpg
                                         18+

Sep 25 06 06:12 am Link

Photographer

RA Photos

Sumter, South Carolina, US

Betcee May MM 8001 and Carlotta MM 3155 are curently my muses.

Sep 25 06 06:46 am Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

Here's mine: Sarah

https://static.flickr.com/46/144259120_c65fa2c176.jpg

Sep 25 06 06:54 am Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:

Beautiful,

Yeah, I agree, I have a pair of those scissors too - they are beautiful.

Sep 25 06 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

Saryn Angel

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm kinda in search of a muse... and an mentor.  I was told recently in my inquiry to several artists that I respect and admire that those are what took them to the level they are at. 

They brought peace and love and creativity. 

I am so in search of that. *sigh*

Sep 25 06 01:56 pm Link