Forums > General Industry > Parts Modeling

Model

-Mira-

Does anyone know the specifications of parts modeling, particularly hand and neck/ear modeling?

Sep 20 06 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Uh... I think the specs are that you have pretty parts. I doubt they're as particular about size as they are for runway, just having nearly perfect looking parts.

There aren't really any parts models out there, at least according to what I've read. Mostly they use the same models they already have doing other things. No need to increase the number of people they deal with, as many of the models who are good for catalogue work also have very attractive limbs.

Sep 20 06 11:14 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:
Uh... I think the specs are that you have pretty parts. I doubt they're as particular about size as they are for runway, just having nearly perfect looking parts.

There aren't really any parts models out there, at least according to what I've read. Mostly they use the same models they already have doing other things. No need to increase the number of people they deal with, as many of the models who are good for catalogue work also have very attractive limbs.

No, there are size requirements for some hand modeling.  I don't recall the sizes, though.

And yes, there are parts models.  In larger markets, there are agencies that deal exclusively with parts work.

Sep 20 06 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Webspinner Studios

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I took photos of a lady who said she was a leg model, but it was in a shoe store and all her modeling was done on a naked bodybuilders back.........

Sep 20 06 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Sep 21 06 08:23 am Link

Photographer

none of the above

Marina del Rey, California, US

TXPhotog wrote:
http://partsmodels.com/requirements.html

interesting acceptance stats (women 6-10 shoe).  i shot for a shoe manufacturer and they were very specific in size for women, loose to comfortable fit size 4 or 5 with slender to medium width.  i'm sure it varies widely, but the thought in that spec was it  showcased the perfectly toned calf-ankle-foot relationship.  though it could have been the a.d. blowing smoke for puffing up creative control and perfection.

--face reality

Sep 21 06 08:35 am Link

Photographer

John F Cooper

New York, New York, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:

TXPhoto has a link to a great Parts agency.  I have referred appropriate models to this agency as well.  Indeed some models do commercial and/or fashion work in addition to parts modeling, but I know many models that strictly model hands, feet and/or legs.  In other words... parts.  Ford Models is one agency that has a parts board.  Other mainstream agencies have parts divisions in addition to their other boards. This may be strictly a NYC phenomena.

Sep 21 06 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Kidney photographers are very picky about the models they use.

Sep 21 06 10:35 pm Link

Model

Brandy

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I've always had an interest in hand modeling... I have size 3.5-4 ring finger... long and bony... hard to really get information on that though...

Sep 21 06 10:39 pm Link

Model

-Mira-

TXPhotog wrote:
http://partsmodels.com/requirements.html

I went there and it's a great resource, but I was wondering if you had to have a particular ring size.

Sep 21 06 11:35 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

FaceReality wrote:
interesting acceptance stats (women 6-10 shoe).  i shot for a shoe manufacturer and they were very specific in size for women, loose to comfortable fit size 4 or 5 with slender to medium width.  i'm sure it varies widely, but the thought in that spec was it  showcased the perfectly toned calf-ankle-foot relationship.  though it could have been the a.d. blowing smoke for puffing up creative control and perfection.

--face reality

I suspect the work for foot models over size 6 is quite limited. Shoe samples are typically a 6 these days.  They used to be a 4, but that's essentially a child's shoe size at this point.

Sep 22 06 01:57 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

theda wrote:
I suspect the work for foot models over size 6 is quite limited. Shoe samples are typically a 6 these days.  They used to be a 4, but that's essentially a child's shoe size at this point.

You're right that shoe models generally are required to be around size 6, but "foot model" is not the same thing as "shoe model".  Lots of foot modeling has nothing to do with shoes.

Sep 22 06 07:40 am Link

Model

Urheartdesires

You can do butt, legs, breast, torso, eyes, calves, and so much more....I actually have a parts modeling photo in port in which I had a critique say he has heards of parts modeling , but never butt modeling.. The butt is part of the body, so why is there no such thing a butt modeling...Is this true?  Do you agree, or disagree with me..Check out my port, and if you like comments are welcomed...Thanks

Sep 24 06 02:05 am Link