Forums > General Industry > GOOD Bye "Pic of the Day", It's been fun ~!!!! :)

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I’m going to ask Benny to lock the two PoD threads today. I’ve had a Judge flake and I haven’t been able to find a replacement, one of the Judges has abstained from voting for another Judge’s submissions, the mud has started slinging between the two threads and it’s just all gone to hell in a hand basket. I’ve been offered a partnership in a music publishing company/recording studio in which I’ll be songwriting again and my bills will finally be getting paid so I’m outta here. HEY, we had fun didn’t we? Met some great people in these two threads, and made a few friends for life so it was worth it. If someone wants the PoD name and wants to try to keep it going you have my blessing; just be careful of the contenders and don’t let anyone try to use it as a platform for their cause. Try to keep it light and fun and don’t put too many rules or conditions on it. Oh, and give ‘em a Winners Gallery~! smile Bye guys.

I'll leave this up.

Your Picture of the Day “WINNERS Gallery”
http://www.pbase.com/cseayphotography/y … y&page=all

Sep 19 06 10:34 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Craig Seay Artistry wrote:
I’m going to ask Benny to lock the two PoD threads today. I’ve had a Judge flake and I haven’t been able to find a replacement, one of the Judges has abstained from voting for another Judge’s submissions, the mud has started slinging between the two threads and it’s just all gone to hell in a hand basket. I’ve been offered a partnership in a music publishing company/recording studio in which I’ll be songwriting again and my bills will finally be getting paid so I’m outta here. HEY, we had fun didn’t we? Met some great people in these two threads, and made a few friends for life so it was worth it. If someone wants the PoD name and wants to try to keep it going you have my blessing; just be careful of the contenders and don’t let anyone try to use it as a platform for their cause. Try to keep it light and fun and don’t put too many rules or conditions on it. Oh, and give ‘em a Winners Gallery~! smile Bye guys.

Oh that SUCKS.
I'd say ditch the judges & the second thread & just go back to the original, it was great there.
Glad to hear about the new job tho!

Sep 19 06 10:41 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

the time you put into it was incredible, thanks

Sep 19 06 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Wandering Bohemian

Marion, North Carolina, US

I'm so sorry to hear the thread is going, you did a great job with it! But it's for a good cause. Best of luck with the new job! big_smile

Sep 19 06 11:08 am Link

Photographer

xandx

Jamaica, New York, US

Congratulations Craig! Kudos on what you did here, you had a wonderful run. Best of luck in the new gig....

Sep 19 06 11:12 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Goodbye smile
Best of luck with your new job!

Sep 19 06 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I haven't seen Benny on yet this morning so I went ahead and locked them.

Sep 19 06 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Quitter!!

Sep 19 06 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

haha, just kidding, best wishes to you!!

Sep 19 06 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Kris Perry Photography

Placentia, California, US

Sorry to see you go man. Thanks for the love you have shown me. I won with my first ever entry in that thread. Your a good guy man. You can always holla at me!

Kris

Sep 19 06 11:24 am Link

Photographer

JM Giordano

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Kris Perry Photography wrote:

Sorry to see you go man. Thanks for the love you have shown me. I won with my first ever entry in that thread. Your a good guy man. You can always holla at me!

Kris

God D$#!@&% it! Craig puts all this effort into a rockin' contest thread and this is thanks he gets? As a "judge" I'm apalled at the behaviour of my fellow "judges"! Get a friggin life people. This was a fun thread that is now ruined by silliness.
thanks Craig, good luck dude.

Sep 19 06 11:42 am Link

Model

Caroline Ann Martin

Williamsport, Pennsylvania, US

Craig,
Thank you for all you have done for the threads.... You are an amazing photographer, artist, "thread leader" and person...  It's been my honor to be able to shoot with you and get to know you. Will you be staying in MM and just not running the 2 threads anymore?

No doubt you will do fantastic with whatever road you choose in terms of your career. You are beyond talented and have so much to offer the world...

All my hugs,
Caroline

Sep 19 06 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Kris Perry Photography

Placentia, California, US

JM Giordano wrote:

God D$#!@&% it! Craig puts all this effort into a rockin' contest thread and this is thanks he gets? As a "judge" I'm apalled at the behaviour of my fellow "judges"! Get a friggin life people. This was a fun thread that is now ruined by silliness.
thanks Craig, good luck dude.

So what you don't think i said enough or something?

Sep 19 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

This gallery would make a nice coffee table book. I'll leave it up so save the link if you'd like.

Your Picture of the Day “WINNERS Gallery”
http://www.pbase.com/cseayphotography/y … y&page=all

Thanks for all the love.

Sep 19 06 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Year of the Dragon

San Francisco, California, US

craig,  "no good deed goes unpunished."  ring a bell

Sep 19 06 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

In defense of the Judges I want to say that all 9 individuals are tops so please don't judge the judges. We all embarked on a new path not knowing that our different perspectives would cause some of us to clash. Though we all see things in different ways we are all still friends and we will all go on to do great things on our own separate levels. As for me I'm off to pursue again my first love, music. I'm sure my camera will always be my companion on the journey so don't be surprised to see me throw up a new image or two once in a while. smile

cheers,
Craig

Sep 19 06 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Year of the Dragon

San Francisco, California, US

was that a song?

Sep 19 06 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

T R Willmitch

Normal, Illinois, US

Hi Craig,

Thank you for creating the Pic of the Day competition and making it such a wonderful part of Model Mayhem for so long!

Take care,
Tom

Sep 19 06 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Alan

Bayshore Gardens, Florida, US

I was hooked now I will need help...

Sep 19 06 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Well, it was great fun and you deserve a lot of credit for giving of yourself so freely. Good luck with the song writing and thank you for the picture of the day.

Bob

Sep 19 06 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

PK Digital Imaging

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

The maintenance of the original thread was tough enough and yet you put more of yourself out there with the second thread.  (Not to mention the fun Photoshop thread which I'm addicted to).

You've always been supportive to everyone participating in you thread Craig.  I read through some of the threads on this site and am amazed at how many people must be so bitter or judgemental to anyone else who will listen.

It's with a heavy heart that I bid you adieu on your newest adventure and I'm sure you're going to touch people (not in the creepy uncle way) and change lives as you did here.

Best wishes to a noble guy.

-PKD

Sep 19 06 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Caroline Ann Martin

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

PK Digital Imaging wrote:
The maintenance of the original thread was tough enough and yet you put more of yourself out there with the second thread.  (Not to mention the fun Photoshop thread which I'm addicted to).

You've always been supportive to everyone participating in you thread Craig.  I read through some of the threads on this site and am amazed at how many people must be so bitter or judgemental to anyone else who will listen.

It's with a heavy heart that I bid you adieu on your newest adventure and I'm sure you're going to touch people (not in the creepy uncle way) and change lives as you did here.

Best wishes to a noble guy.

-PKD

Ditto....

Sep 19 06 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

WOW you guys love me more than I knew~! It was worth it all just to see and feel this. Heartfelt thanks everyone. smile

Sep 19 06 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

Scribe of Souls

Bonner Springs, Kansas, US

Craig, I haven't gotten to know you since I have not been on MM for very long.  I really enjoyed this thread and am just very glad to have been able to participate in it before it went away and feel very honored that I was one of the winners for the PoD before it ended. 

We all come to crossroads in our lives and have tough decisions to make, but you have to live life for your own joy and fulfillment.  I truly feel you will be a huge success in your new pursuit and I personnaly wish you the best of luck in all that you do, although I think your hard work and dedication will outpace any luck that is out there.  I can't wait to see your name on the credits for the new music you bring into the world!

Sep 19 06 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Thornton

Atlanta, Georgia, US

You just have about enough material here to write a song.

At least I had the satisfacion of co-winning the last go round!

Thanks pard,

Steve Thornton
www.stevethornton.com

Sep 19 06 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

Philip of Dallas

Dallas, Texas, US

Aw man! I was just getting into the 'industry' thread. Well . . . thanks Craig and judges. It'll be missed.

Sep 19 06 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Thornton

Atlanta, Georgia, US

At least I had the satisfacion of co-winning the last go round! It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks pard,

Steve Thornton
www.stevethornton.com

My last hurrah to a closed show.

https://www.stevethornton.com/MM_Images/photo-of-the-day/S-1022-167-BW-Cool-2-Copyright_Steve_Thornton.jpg

Sep 19 06 11:37 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Steve Thornton wrote:

At least I had the satisfacion of co-winning the last go round!

Thanks pard,

Steve Thornton
www.stevethornton.com

See ya later Steve. We all enjoyed your images nearly impossible to beat. Thanks for raising the bar and making it even that much more fun.

Sep 19 06 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Steve, what's up with posting an image here~? Are you trying to start something~? LoL, the Pic of the Day thread just started up again. J/K 

Don't start posting images people~! I'm leaving, heading for the door, see you guys later, it's all yours Steve, bye......smile

Sep 19 06 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Steve, what's up with posting an image here~? Are you trying to start something~? LoL, the Pic of the Day thread just started up again. J/K smile

Don't start posting images people~! I'm leaving, heading for the door, see you guys later, it's all yours Steve, bye...... smile

I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't sad in seeing you go. sad

But, eh...oh well. I respect your descion in doing so.

Sep 20 06 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I'm supposed to be writing the next "hit" song. What am I doing back here~?

OMG~! I'm addicted to Model Mayhem. Aaaauuuugghh~!!!

I miss the thread already. sad

Sep 20 06 08:43 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

xandx has decided to restart the "Picture of the Day" thread. You have my blessing Alex. Good luck~!!

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=77414

Sep 20 06 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Caroline Ann Martin

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I'm supposed to be writing the next "hit" song. What am I doing back here~?

OMG~! I'm addicted to Model Mayhem. Aaaauuuugghh~!!!

I miss the thread already. sad

Perhaps we can convince you to stick around???????

And hey, who's going to help me edit all the AWESOME photos you took of me during our shoot in August?  There's sooooooooo much potential in so many of the photos...

They are beautiful straight from the camera, but no doubt nothing compared to what you can do with them when you create your "magic" smile

On a serious note though, let's talk, ok?  I'd really love to use some of the images on my port and put them up in my picturetrail, but wouldn't do so without your go ahead - I know that you wanted to ps the ones I liked best to make them all that they can be smile

Oh, and are you still doing the exhibition this Sat?  Have a fun time!!!!!!!!!

More hugs going your way today and always,
Caroline

Sep 22 06 02:16 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Caroline, please pick your favs, send me a few image file numbers and I'll take a look at them. I'm very busy with the new job and I'm preparing for a business trip but I'll find some time somewhere to do some image editing.

I hope the storm you stirred is settling down around you now, leaving only gentle breezes to cool and comfort.

Craig

Sep 22 06 08:51 am Link