Forums > General Industry > About these rumors...

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Select Models wrote:

Hey John... let me give you alittle quick info on this 'enterprising young lady'... she's 6'3 and black... around 180... monsterous DD's and a SUBSTANCIAL ghetto booty disquised as a 30mph bumper... trust me on this one... she'd turn you upside down... inside out... and have you screamin for mommy in less than five minutes... oh...  and you're gonna be 'hooked up' alright... you'll be doin your best 'Hoodini Act' tryin to get unhooked... wink

Way to deflate my wee wee there. But I gotta hand it to you Gary. You could have had a lot of fun at my expense if you were so inclined.

Sep 18 06 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

The truth will set you free... If people are making stories, do not fear, as long as you are respectful and do not try weird crap, you will be fine.

I dont care if you images are good or bad, i know of a few photographers who are not too bad, and they try some real bad things on girls... I know a few guys who have no idea where the shutter is and they will be totally respectful, to everyone who attacked you on your images, that has no importance.

I personally usually ignore 'rumors' when i hear from one or two girls, problem arises when I have 6 or 7 or more girls, telling me the same exact story about a photographer.. specially if those girls do not know each other... Then you know that something is up!

Sep 18 06 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

ATMPhotos

Brooklyn, New York, US

I'm going to thank you for essentially proving every point that I'd made.

I stated that I didn't have these problems with some models regarding me with a certain level of suspicion, in spite of the fact that I hadn't contacted any of them to shoot nude, until after I posted that model's pics in my profile:

ravens laughter wrote:
...The model wouldn't shoot nudes with me. i asked her why not.... she'd shot nudes with twisted mind... wasn't my work better and more imagionative than twisted minds?...

After she'd declined to shoot nude with you, why did you feel the need to compare your work to mine? Why imply to her that "if you shot nude with HIM, why wouldn't you shoot nude with ME, since my work is better than his."

At that point you could have just as easily found another model to shoot nude with, as you have no shortage of nude pics in your profile.

And some people in here are going to attempt to give me shit about one nude pic? Being that most of the pics I have up, the models are clothed, I really have to wonder about some people's intentions and ulterior motives.

ravens laughter wrote:
"...She looked sheepish, swallowed hard, and then proceeded to tell me that he'd tricked her into getting naked..."

I've already established that she posed with me of her own free will, and wasn't coerced in any way. I have the pics, the signed model releases and for the first time we met in person, three witnesses.

I might even post some more of the pics from each shoot into my profile, if I feel like it.

I find the idea that she'd lie about me to you in this way very disturbing. I've already sent her a message with a link to this thread, and requested that she tell me exactly what happened.

ravens laughter wrote:
"...it is a possibility that when the model was confronted by a photographer that she chose not to shoot nudes with... that she simply invented a story that would save her from saying "I don't want to shoot nudes with you".... and then when it got back to twisted she simply lied again to make it seem like it was some strange group of photographers... It could be the model perpetuating this....."

She told you, and you told other photographers and possibly some models, and they may or may not have told others. Doesn't this constitute a group of people?

No one contacted me to ask if what was alleged was true, and lots of people just ran with it.

So, what problems would I have had in the future, if I didn't agressively challenge these assumptions? Plenty, judging from the reactions I got as a result of posting this thread.

Now, about your personal attack. I'm not going to go to the trouble of picking the different paragraphs apart, because it's unnecessary.

I reserve the right to determine how I run my home office/studio during a photoshoot. I pay the bills to maintain it, and I invested in the equipment.

If models aren't comfortable with that, then they are free to shoot with someone else.

I've never asked a model why she choose to shoot with some other photographer, and I've also never discussed with a model whether or not I think my work is better than that other photographer's.

The rest of what you'd said is irrelevant.

You and a number of other people viewing this thread may consider me to be an arrogant bastard, but I'm not going to stand by and allow unsubstantiated bullshit to be spread about me without doing something about it, if the situation is serious enough to warrant my attention.

I'm going to bed. Have a nice night.

Sep 18 06 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

I just read this entire thread up to this point.

That's 20 minutes I'm never gonna get back.

Sep 19 06 12:29 am Link

Photographer

Sienna Hambleton

Toledo, Ohio, US

A Twisted Mind wrote:

I stated that I didn't have these problems with some models regarding me with a certain level of suspicion, in spite of the fact that I hadn't contacted any of them to shoot nude, until after I posted that model's pics in my profile:

ravens laughter wrote:
...The model wouldn't shoot nudes with me. i asked her why not.... she'd shot nudes with twisted mind... wasn't my work better and more imagionative than twisted minds?...

After she'd declined to shoot nude with you, why did you feel the need to compare your work to mine? Why imply to her that "if you shot nude with HIM, why wouldn't you shoot nude with ME, since my work is better than his."

At that point you could have just as easily found another model to shoot nude with, as you have no shortage of nude pics in your profile.

And some people in here are going to attempt to give me shit about one nude pic? Being that most of the pics I have up, the models are clothed, I really have to wonder about some people's intentions and ulterior motives.

ravens laughter wrote:
"...She looked sheepish, swallowed hard, and then proceeded to tell me that he'd tricked her into getting naked..."

I've already established that she posed with me of her own free will, and wasn't coerced in any way. I have the pics, the signed model releases and for the first time we met in person, three witnesses.

I might even post some more of the pics from each shoot into my profile, if I feel like it.

I find the idea that she'd lie about me to you in this way very disturbing. I've already sent her a message with a link to this thread, and requested that she tell me exactly what happened.

She told you, and you told other photographers and possibly some models, and they may or may not have told others. Doesn't this constitute a group of people?

No one contacted me to ask if what was alleged was true, and lots of people just ran with it.

So, what problems would I have had in the future, if I didn't agressively challenge these assumptions? Plenty, judging from the reactions I got as a result of posting this thread.

Now, about your personal attack. I'm not going to go to the trouble of picking the different paragraphs apart, because it's unnecessary.

I reserve the right to determine how I run my home office/studio during a photoshoot. I pay the bills to maintain it, and I invested in the equipment.

If models aren't comfortable with that, then they are free to shoot with someone else.

I've never asked a model why she choose to shoot with some other photographer, and I've also never discussed with a model whether or not I think my work is better than that other photographer's.

You and a number of other people viewing this thread may consider me to be an arrogant bastard, but I'm not going to stand by and allow unsubstantiated bullshit to be spread about me without doing something about it, if the situation is serious enough to warrant my attention.

Um, sir, you didn't read his post very well . . . did you? Did you note the fun sarcasm of his faux admission? Hehe.

Sep 19 06 12:39 am Link

Photographer

ATMPhotos

Brooklyn, New York, US

PapaVic Photography wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

Sep 19 06 12:48 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

PapaVic Photography wrote:

A Twisted Mind wrote:
Sorry to hear that.

Since you couldn't get to sleep, mind sharing why you needed this discussion on multiple web sites?

Sep 19 06 02:09 am Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

A Twisted Mind wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

Dude, you should sleep really well tonight after typing that sermon.

Have you ever met Jayne Jones?

You two would be perfect for each other!

Sep 19 06 02:12 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

A Twisted Mind wrote:
Sorry to hear that.

Image K wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking!
wink

Sep 19 06 02:20 am Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Thank you, Mr. Burgess!

Sep 19 06 02:22 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Image K wrote:
Thank you, Mr. Burgess!

Please, first name basis, uh, Image.

wink

Sep 19 06 02:30 am Link

Photographer

ATMPhotos

Brooklyn, New York, US

Image K wrote:

Perhaps I missed my calling. Do believe my father wanted me to preach. I can be long winded when I get ready. But then again, a number of you are no slouches in that area.

Sep 19 06 02:41 am Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yeah.

I'm waiting for your next circular, long-winded pontification.

Jayne jones is holding on Line 2...

Sep 19 06 02:46 am Link

Photographer

Exile1

Simi Valley, California, US

To the OP,

I could care less about the quality of your images. However, if I were a model, of any adult age, reading this thread. I would never work with you. Too much drama. Your situation would have best been handled in private. It seems all you really want to do is wax eloquent about how you were wronged.

Rick.

Sep 19 06 12:07 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

A Twisted Mind wrote:

ravens laughter wrote:

ravens laughter wrote:

I don't really think you're an arrogant bastard. I think you're an ignorant moron if you really believed he was serious about being the one who started the rumors even though he SAID STRAIGHT UP that he was just playing devil's advocate! It's hilarious that you even went so far as to write the model about it.

Or, you're possibly a troll. Not sure about that one.

Sep 19 06 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

e-string wrote:
Or, you're possibly a troll. Not sure about that one.

He's a troll.  He's got the same thread going on at modelplace.com (and who knows where else).  He's not responded to my questions about it on this thread.  He's having the time of his life with this shit!

Sep 19 06 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

Ha ha! Write her and ask her all you want! I have hyptnotized her and she will never remember our encounter.... She is brainwashed by the power of my mind. Further more I have given her the post hypnotic suggestion that if ever asked about our shoot she would deny it and crave peas and carrots!

If you believe that too I suggest you pick up some green giant on your way to talk to her.

Sep 19 06 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

ravens laughter wrote:
Ha ha! Write her and ask her all you want! I have hyptnotized her and she will never remember our encounter.... She is brainwashed by the power of my mind. Further more I have given her the post hypnotic suggestion that if ever asked about our shoot she would deny it and crave peas and carrots!

You coniving manipulative BASTARD!!

wink

ravens laughter wrote:
If you believe that too I suggest you pick up some green giant on your way to talk to her.

That's a harsh penalty this week!

Sep 19 06 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

On a serious note for those who suggest that calling the quality of his work into question is off topic...

If someone proposes that a group of photographers are spreading rumors about him because they are so intimidated and jealous of the quality of said photographers work..... How is it that it is off topic or out of line to test the truthfulness of his claim by inspecting the quality of his work... Ecspecially since it was said photographer who suggested that his work was worth enough jealousy to start a conspiracy over.

I think my work is alright... But I have never thought anyone to be jealous enough of me to start rumors... That takes a special kind of unbound arrogance.

Sep 19 06 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

ravens laughter wrote:
If someone proposes that a group of photographers are spreading rumors about him because they are so intimidated and jealous of the quality of said photographers work..... How is it that it is off topic or out of line to test the truthfulness of his claim by inspecting the quality of his work... Ecspecially since it was said photographer who suggested that his work was worth enough jealousy to start a conspiracy over.

completely agree; the OP introduced it into evidence. Cross-examination can begin.

Sep 19 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

Chili wrote:
second

i dont think its any of the OP's business what questions im asking a prospective model*

*CHILI's QUESTIONARE PRIOR TO A PHOTO SHOOT (the short form)

1 are you presently taken any mood altering drugs?
  a) would you like to?
2 are you presently the same sex that you were born as?
3 how many times have you celebrated your 18th birthday?
4 are you presently under the care of a pyschologist or pyschiatrist?
5 at what age did you begin to hate your father?
6 did you ever fantasize about banging a photographer during a shoot?
    a) how about before?
    b) how about after?
    c) how abourt RIGHT NOW?
7 have you ever been treated for any STD's?
8 how many other photogs have you banged?
   a) this year
   b) this month
   c) this week
   d) more than once
9 can you give any references from photogs you've banged?
10 do you know that TFP really means 'time for pussy'?
11 have you always lived on planet earth?
12 have you ever tried rohypnol, or ketamine with a Red Bull chaser?
13 does anyone know you are here right now with me?
14 say in the off chance that you would disppear, how long do you think it would be before anyone would notice that you were missing?
15 do you like to be on the top or the bottom?
16 have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

hey, i was really serious about this questionaire

just go ask any model ive shot with

Sep 19 06 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

A Twisted Mind wrote:
It's recently come to my attention that some photographers here have been spreading rumors about me to some of the models, in addition to harrassing a model that I did a nude shoot with.

It comes with the territory, unfortunately.  I think every photographer has had a negative rumor touch their lives.  Deal with it.

A Twisted Mind wrote:
Since this has caused a number of models to flake on me at the last minute when I've contacted them about a paid shoot for one of my websites, I'm calling these photographers out.

Are you sure it's because of the rumors?  Have you considered the possiblity that your skill level might be a factor?  Or that the models simply change their minds about being used on a website?

Sep 19 06 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Way to deflate my wee wee there. But I gotta hand it to you Gary. You could have had a lot of fun at my expense if you were so inclined.

LOL... sooooooo true... and just think of the possibilities... I coulda had your encounter with her videotaped... tossed it on a paysite somewhere and charged $1 each to a few million people who would have viewed her whippin you silly and kickin your ass... ;O... LMFAO... aaaaaaah... hey John... you want me to have her call ya?... ;D

Sep 19 06 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

A Twisted Mind wrote:
Well, their asking unwarranted, off the cuff, questions about the model's sex life, which isn't any of their business, based on their perception of how she willingly posed with another photographer seems like a big clue to me.

So, there was never a discussion about the quality of my pics. If so, these people could have left me a tag, commented on the pics or sent me a private message.

Instead, they are speculating on how many of the models that appear in my profile that I might have had sex with. Seems to reek of insecurity to me.

Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

You've heard some rumors.

You don't know where they came from.

But:

You state that the source of the rumors speculated on how many of the models that appear in your profile you had sex with, and

You state that there never was a discussion of the quality of the pics, and

You state they're asking unwarranted, off the cuff, questions about the model's sex life, and

You state they "asked that model questions about who she might be having sex with", and

You make claims about their perception of how she willingly posed with another photographer,

Do you happen to see some minor flaws? (You know, little holes roughly the size of the late planet Pluto?)

You don't know who said something, but you know exactly what they said and what they perceive?

Sep 19 06 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Select Models wrote:
LOL... sooooooo true... and just think of the possibilities... I coulda had your encounter with her videotaped... tossed it on a paysite somewhere and charged $1 each to a few million people who would have viewed her whippin you silly and kickin your ass... ;O... LMFAO... aaaaaaah... hey John... you want me to have her call ya?... ;D

Too late. Opportunity only knocks once.

Sep 19 06 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

markEdwardPhoto

Trumbull, Connecticut, US

Personally and Professionally Speaking Twisted....I believe that Models are not shooting with you or 'Flaking' because your images are not that good at all.

I don't believe that someone 'bad-mouthing' you is the problem here. You need to learn how to make a good image first before you need to worry about any photographers talking about you.

BTW those people are not models in anyway, shape or from. They couldn't get work as a model at the local Sanitation Dept's Convention.

Don't worry about what people say, get yourself a book on photography, a book on Art, a book on glamour photography, and a Real Model. Then go to work! Fuk whatevery everyone thinks

Just keeping it real.

M

Sep 20 06 07:14 pm Link