Forums > General Industry > Why ??????

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Axlf wrote:
WHAT  if you dont like what i wrote then dont read it, Simple like i said you People are so interested in grammer rather than photography,

Its not so much a DONT read it.
It is a CANT read it.

It is very difficult to comprehend what you wrote when all the words mash into one another as they do.
Your words would have FAR more of an impact if we didnt have to struggle to understand what you wrote before we even got to the why you wrote it.

Sep 15 06 10:04 am Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

Axlf wrote:
WHAT  if you dont like what i wrote then dont read it, Simple like i said you People are so interested in grammer rather than photography,

If you are going to communicate with words then it is a good idea to make sure that the words you write can be understood. If you do not use any form of structure it shows that you mind has no structure and you dont really care about putting your ideas across concisely.

I have dyslexia and I seem to do ok. So there is no excuse for what you are doing.

Sep 15 06 10:07 am Link

Photographer

Visions Of Paradise

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Thanks fluffytek i am not good at spelling and putting words together in writing have not been for years my bad on that. I am sorry to everyone if they cannot understand what i am saying, People here tend to bash everyone on thier grammer more than the work that they do. I have had a few bad experences with a few girls who said they were models but were not, Then to see most of the girls here asking to get paid well i just did not understand why the photographer has to pay the model unless he or she wants to i allways thought the photographer creates the end product ie photos.

Sep 15 06 10:17 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

What we have here is "ego clash"....

We are in an ego driven business. Starting out photographers are all "nice" guys. Then at some point they make it into the "big time"......whoa! Out comes the ego! Now these same "nice guys" turn into monsters. All controlling, all knowing, all me, me, me monsters.

Just to be fair models are pretty much the same. Beginners just can't thank you enough for doing all that "beautiful work". Then comes the "big assignment" and all of a sudden that sweet, pretty young girl turns into "the bitch diva" full of demands, controls and fees that will make you shudder.

Either you put up with it or find another line of work. This happens with regularity. I don't worry about it. Then again that's why I like what I do. 90% everything else, 10% models.

Sep 15 06 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Visions Of Paradise

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Yea i guess i sounded like that guy i mean monster sorry for that i should think more befor i speak/write damn i should remember such things my mother would have whooped me for such things. i do so wish that people would not change but i guess money dose bring out the worst in all of us ( root of all evil ) so i have been told.....

Sep 15 06 10:23 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

POINT ONE

I am so confused by the way ''so called'' ''models'' ... are asking for 'paid assignments'

For some odd reason theY do not understand what that means.
They think that it means everyone who wants images of theM pays and then they THEMSELVES get all rights to the images.

What IDIOT tells thease girls this shit?? I just don't get this

POINT TWO

The photographer is the most important person on set
Matter of fact .. models you so can be replaced !!

A person with skills behind the camera is way harder to find than a girl who looks good with a body.

ADVICE

If you want to get ahead in the business then pay to get work done
stop asking to get paid
Most models (and i mean the real ones) did not get paid when they started out
So what makes you so special that you can say
''Pay me for my time''

Well, i mean, no one wants to do something for nothing, true...

NOT AWARE THERE ARE DIFFERENT CONTRACTS

But understand, when you ask for money you will have no rights to the images at all
All you have to do is take the cash and 'bingo' all rights have been given to the photographer.

ASSESSMENT OF LOCATION

This is a two way street.

OPINION

A photographers time is worth way more than yours ever will be - period.

No photographer = no images
Look at it that way.

AND ''Something that ought to have been at the top?''

This is onlY directed to the girls who want cash AND THEN ... use the images for thier ports and sell them on thEir PAY sites.''

fOR WYND RE: figuring out what this actually said.

I THINK

Sep 15 06 09:59 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

EGAD!
THERE ARE MORE AND MORE JUST AS BAD

SORRY GUYS
I CANT EVEN READ ANY MORE LET ALONE PRECISE..
ITS HURTING MY EYES

to OP ''I'm not even happy in Hawaii guy...''
just make some breaks
ok
its JUST unreadable!!

Sep 15 06 10:04 pm Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
POINT ONE

I am so confused by the way ''so called'' ''models'' ... are asking for 'paid assignments'

For some odd reason theY do not understand what that means.
They think that it means everyone who wants images of theM pays and then they THEMSELVES get all rights to the images.

What IDIOT tells thease girls this shit?? I just don't get this

POINT TWO

The photographer is the most important person on set
Matter of fact .. models you so can be replaced !!

A person with skills behind the camera is way harder to find than a girl who looks good with a body.

ADVICE

If you want to get ahead in the business then pay to get work done
stop asking to get paid
Most models (and i mean the real ones) did not get paid when they started out
So what makes you so special that you can say
''Pay me for my time''

Well, i mean, no one wants to do something for nothing, true...

NOT AWARE THERE ARE DIFFERENT CONTRACTS

But understand, when you ask for money you will have no rights to the images at all
All you have to do is take the cash and 'bingo' all rights have been given to the photographer.

ASSESSMENT OF LOCATION

This is a two way street.

OPINION

A photographers time is worth way more than yours ever will be - period.

No photographer = no images
Look at it that way.

AND ''Something that ought to have been at the top?''

This is onlY directed to the girls who want cash AND THEN ... use the images for thier ports and sell them on thEir PAY sites.''

fOR WYND RE: figuring out what this actually said.

I THINK

Thanks.
It was still a little confusing.

I guess he's saying that all paid models suck and don't know what they're doing, maybe just because he's not very good at communicating or choosing the right model for the job and that's all he's experienced, and that he is the shit and everyone should pretty much worship him.  And give him money.

Sep 15 06 10:49 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

Hopefully just some.
:-)
he has some good pictures, i hope he's not talking about any if the girls in them...

Sep 15 06 10:54 pm Link

Model

Ella Bella

Seattle, Washington, US

Axlf wrote:
Aloha from Hawaii i am so confused by the way so called models think first off when they are asking for paid assignments for some odd reason thet do not understand what that means. They think that it means everyone who wants images of then pays and then they get all rights to the images, What IDIOT tells thease girls this shit. I just don't get this the photographer is the most important person on set matter of fact models you so can be replaced a person with skills behind the camera is way harder to find than a girl who looks good with a body, If you want to get ahead in the business then pay to get work done stop asking to get paid most models and i mean the real ones did not get paid when they started out so what makes you so special that you can say pay me for my time, Well i mean no one wants to do something for nothing true that but understand when you ask for money you will have no rights to the images at all all you have to do is take the cash and bingo all rights have been given to the photographer, And this is a two way street, A photographers time is worth way more than yours ever will be period no photographer no images look at it that way. and this is onlt directed to the girls who want cash so that they can turn arround and use the images for thier ports and sell them on thier sites......

... yeah that's why I'm going to come right out as a NEWB and do some good ol' TFP and TFCD's.

Sep 15 06 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Visions Of Paradise

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Umm i am no way the shit dand udor spanks my ASS in images and none of the girls i have on here did i ever have a problem with. Like i said the ones who when PHOTOGRAPHERS ask to do work of say gimmie money or leave me alone responce are the girls i have an issue with. I fail to see why and this is my opinion we shoot you give you images and it is our vission that creates the end result. So that in some of the girls eyes they get all rights to the images to do with as they please after being paid. Allot of girls on this site should not even be here they should be represented by New Yorks finest agency and some of the photographers here are damn good and i mean goddly good. But like i have been told most people here are here to get tfp/tfcd ok sorry for assumeing otherwise. And i do not expect people to worship anyone gee wiz ok i have issues and who dose not......

Sep 16 06 01:24 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Axlf wrote:
Umm i am no way the shit dand udor spanks my ASS in images and none of the girls i have on here did i ever have a problem with. Like i said the ones who when PHOTOGRAPHERS ask to do work of say gimmie money or leave me alone responce are the girls i have an issue with. I fail to see why and this is my opinion we shoot you give you images and it is our vission that creates the end result. So that in some of the girls eyes they get all rights to the images to do with as they please after being paid. Allot of girls on this site should not even be here they should be represented by New Yorks finest agency and some of the photographers here are damn good and i mean goddly good. But like i have been told most people here are here to get tfp/tfcd ok sorry for assumeing otherwise. And i do not expect people to worship anyone gee wiz ok i have issues and who dose not......

I'm not sure if most people are here to get tfp/tfcd.
There are a lot of photographers who generally only accept paid work.
And there are a lot of models who generally only accept paid work.
I don't see what your deal is.
My bio says "paid work only" twice.  Sometimes I get messages from photographers asking me if I'd like to work with them, without telling me if it's paid or tfp/tfcd, and my reply includes "is this paid or tfp/tfcd?"  I usually don't do tfp/tfcd, and tell those people "no thanks."
Do mostly do TFP?
If not, why do you expect all models to?
Are we supposed to all pay you?

Sep 16 06 01:30 am Link

Photographer

Maynard Southern

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Axlf wrote:
People here tend to bash everyone on thier grammer more than the work that they do.

Hmmm...so tempting...but no, I'll be nice and go to sleep.

Sep 16 06 01:43 am Link