Forums > General Industry > If Giselle Bundchen were to pose for you ......

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

I'd photograph her giving the pope a big sloppy wet kiss.

mjr.

Aug 31 06 11:37 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:

We've gotta quit meeting like this...

-D

are trying to get sex from me? I know you do - all photogrophers do.

Pat Thielen

Like who...? You...?

Er... yeah, like you...

no, me cuz I am hot

Aug 31 06 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Madcitychel wrote:

D. Brian Nelson wrote:

-D

no, me cuz I am hot

Well, the only fair way to determine who will replace Giselle (sp?) between you and Erin will obviously be a mud wrestling contest. It's really the only way, and to keep it fair I'll be sure to photograph the event. I'll start taking bets right now... Just send me your checks and I'll take care of everything!

wink

Aug 31 06 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

StevesPhotography

Mustang, Oklahoma, US

Messed up hair, a desperate 'caught look" holding a half eaten Big Mac in one hand and shake in the other.

Sep 01 06 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I am just wondering... is it possible that some of those who pretend not even having heard of Giselle, and prefer to shoot with their usual short, amateur models, are really intimidated by the challenge and responsibility to work with one of the most talked about and successful, models in the world.

Could it be that you prefer to shoot within your comfortzone, also maybe because you are not confident enough into your skill or experience that you are afraid that you may look like a clueless hack to her if you start working with Giselle, or any other model in her league?

To Garry:

I wouldn't be able to make a plan on whatever outrageous shoot I would do with her, until she and I spoke and the AD or Creative Director or the client told me what they are looking for in approximation.

I would love to work with her, simply because it's such a difference when working with a top, experienced pro... if you can get great emotion out of a beginner, imagine what you can do with someone who knows what they are doing...

It's an all different ballgame.

Sep 01 06 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

StevesPhotography wrote:
Messed up hair, a desperate 'caught look" holding a half eaten Big Mac in one hand and shake in the other.

... while sitting on a toilet, with her panties on her ankles and a spanish wall hanging down in front of the stall, made out of "caution" tape... tongue

Sep 01 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

If Giselle were to pose for me, I wouldn't have to worry about coming up with the next few months rent on the studio.

Sep 01 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

UdoR wrote:
I am just wondering... is it possible that some of those who pretend not even having heard of Giselle, and prefer to shoot with their usual short, amateur models, are really intimidated by the challenge and responsibility to work with one of the most talked about and successful, models in the world.

Could it be that you prefer to shoot within your comfortzone, also maybe because you are not confident enough into your skill or experience that you are afraid that you may look like a clueless hack to her if you start working with Giselle, or any other model in her league?

No.  I just don't think she's that interesting.  Is such a thing really so hard to believe?

And I wasn't pretending not to have heard of her [I ended up googleing her].  Fashion models aren't my thing, a fact that I think is well known around here.

Unless of course she actually happens to do fetish/bondage, in which case I know a particularly devilish Shibari rigger from Orlando named Suki who would love to get her hands on an unsuspecting supermodel.

Sep 01 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Stenhouse

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'd rent the sleazist motel I could find, tack the sheet to the wall and use an old toilet paper tube as a snoot on a desk lamp. But first we'd go shopping for lingerie at walmart and pick up a couple of disposable cameras. I think it could work.

Sep 01 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Antonio Barros

Paris, Île-de-France, France

I have photographed Gisele several times in fashion shows...

I f I could have her just for me....  I would make a self-portait of me marrying her!!! HAUHAUAHUAHUA

Sep 01 06 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
No.  I just don't think she's that interesting.  Is such a thing really so hard to believe?

And I wasn't pretending not to have heard of her [I ended up googleing her].  Fashion models aren't my thing, a fact that I think is well known around here.

I was actually not talking about you Melvin, it was more a general observation.

I am aware that you are in a different field of photography.

Personally, I had to get used to shooting high profile models, always keeping in mind that those people over a long career have worked with probably a thousand photographers with all kinds of impressive gears... and then comes lil' ol' me...

This means that I had in the beginning my own self doubts... but when I see how those people react to me, and get excited when they see my results... that is very encouraging.

Because of this, I wonder about the reaction of many who do fashion and start to get into a much higher level of the industry... and consider their own experiences and weaknesses.

Anyway... got to run... am late already.

Cheerio

Sep 01 06 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

UdoR wrote:

I was actually not talking about you Melvin, it was more a general observation.

I am aware that you are in a different field of photography.

Personally, I had to get used to shooting high profile models, always keeping in mind that those people over a long career have worked with probably a thousand photographers with all kinds of impressive gears... and then comes lil' ol' me...

This means that I had in the beginning my own self doubts... but when I see how those people react to me, and get excited when they see my results... that is very encouraging.

Because of this, I wonder about the reaction of many who do fashion and start to get into a much higher level of the industry... and consider their own experiences and weaknesses.

Anyway... got to run... am late already.

Cheerio

Was it the Burka comment?

I actually think that'd be a VERY challenging shoot.  And, yes, I concede the pressure to produce with big money, big producers, and big egos pulling my purse strings would probably make my heart rupture..

But, imagine, if you can pull of a supermodel look with nothing but solid material, lighting, and the emotion you can pull out of her eyes... That would be something..

On the other hand.. No, until her name was brought up and I googled an image, I'd never heard of her..

Sep 01 06 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

UdoR wrote:

I had never heard of her before this thread -- not just pretending.  Had to Google her and, like most ''supermodels'', she's not interesting to me.  Pretty but nothing special.  No thanks and to each his own.  There are dozens of more attractive models here on MM.

Sep 01 06 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

ert3006

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

So, the deal is, because she is at the top, she should be able to sell anything right? i mean, am i shooting her to make money, or am i shooting her to make a statment, or am i shooting her to make art?  I need to know what the motivation is before i answer the question.

Sep 01 06 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Key Photography

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
I'd photograph her in jean shorts & t-shirt while she was washing my car.  The images might be crap, but at least I'll get a clean car out of the deal.

OMG that's too funny

Sep 01 06 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

Garry k wrote:
As a photographer  , If Giselle Bundchen were to pose for you conditional upon you having a totally unique and cool photoshoot idea - what would your idea be ( remember she doesnt do nude )

we would make pretty pictures, in fact I can not think of a shooter that would be a better fit, remember I dont do nudes unless I am on a paid commision, I pride myself in not needing to do nudes to make pretty pictures and I believe she does as well.

Sep 01 06 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Andrei Ku

New York, New York, US

i do not understand why is this even i question, the answer is just so obvious

her a swimsuit, ice fishing underwater, breath air bubbles rising to the surface, a huge menacing catfish looming beneath...

Sep 01 06 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

ReallyRandy

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I treat the CEO the same as the janitor, everyone gets my best effort. To answer the OP's question. I think I'd look for something she'd never done before. Clown makeup? Biker chic? It doesn't have to be marketable, it's not like she needs the money.

Sep 01 06 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

jonathan ledeux wrote:

we would make pretty pictures, in fact I can not think of a shooter that would be a better fit, remember I dont do nudes unless I am on a paid commision, I pride myself in not needing to do nudes to make pretty pictures and I believe she does as well.

That's why she should work with me instead:  I don't settle for "pretty."

Sep 01 06 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

eg

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I seriously WOULDN'T GIVE A F**K

Sep 01 06 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Antonio Barros wrote:
I have photographed Gisele several times in fashion shows...

I f I could have her just for me....  I would make a self-portait of me marrying her!!! HAUHAUAHUAHUA

Great concept !!!

Sep 01 06 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Andrei Ku wrote:
i do not understand why is this even i question, the answer is just so obvious

her a swimsuit, ice fishing underwater, breath air bubbles rising to the surface, a huge menacing catfish looming beneath...

Of course , it is too obvious that I hadnt thought of it

Sep 01 06 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

UdoR wrote:

To Garry:

I wouldn't be able to make a plan on whatever outrageous shoot I would do with her, until she and I spoke and the AD or Creative Director or the client told me what they are looking for in approximation.

I would love to work with her, simply because it's such a difference when working with a top, experienced pro... if you can get great emotion out of a beginner, imagine what you can do with someone who knows what they are doing...

It's an all different ballgame.

Udor , first let me say you are a great photogrpaher

Second , let me go back to the origainl question - and that pertained to  going with the photogrpahers own idea ( no Ad or Creative Director around ) Just you

So ?

Sep 01 06 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Zir Tuan

Dallas, Texas, US

I'll never tell.

Sep 01 06 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:

-D

Madcitychel wrote:

(I musta left the forum before you posted this.) 

I don't even know you. 

Uh...are you offering?

-Don

Sep 01 06 06:47 pm Link

Model

Antonina

Atlanta, Georgia, US

e-string wrote:
I don't even get why people would want to shoot her. She only has one expression - empty. There are so many better models out there.

Giselle is gorgeous, she is all over Vogue for a reason smile

Sep 01 06 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Oh, give a guess already!

Pure bondage--but I'd probably tie her up on the beach.  If it was done on the East Coast, at Sunrise.  On the West Coast, Sunset.

Sep 01 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Tape Her Up wrote:
Oh, give a guess already!

Pure bondage--but I'd probably tie her up on the beach.  If it was done on the East Coast, at Sunrise.  On the West Coast, Sunset.

Does it really  matter which coast you are on - as it appears to me that you do all your shoots in cheap motel rooms

Sep 01 06 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Actually, I have shot in a few more expensive hotel rooms.  And I guess you didn't read the part where I said I'd do it on the beach.  Then again, your nose is so high in the air, I'm surprised you can read anything.

Sep 01 06 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

jayedwards wrote:
I had never heard of her before this thread -- not just pretending.  Had to Google her and, like most ''supermodels'', she's not interesting to me.  Pretty but nothing special.  No thanks and to each his own.  There are dozens of more attractive models here on MM.

I can bet my left nut.. that you can put her next to ANY model in MM and you will see why she is a supermodel.. Those type of girls are just... special..

Sep 01 06 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Mean Ghandi

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Odin's Eye wrote:
What would I shoot Giselle Bundchen in... honestly, I wouldn't. Yeah, good exposure, but (waiting to be killed for this) I don't find her in the slightest interesting. I'd rather someone who intrigued my mind...does out of a cannon count then?

I'd shoot her out of a cannon. Question answered.

Plus I think she is soft as shit, I am pretty sure it was her who said not too long ago that holocaust was payback for something the jews did a century before not sure the exact way it was said but I think thats it in a nut shell

Sep 01 06 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

Food 4 Less

Los Angeles, California, US

I would photograph her walking by a dumpster filled with countless scattered and rejected prints by photographers who swear they wouldnt photograph her.

Sep 01 06 10:10 pm Link

Model

Aurora Natrix

Miami, Florida, US

eyelight wrote:
On railroad tracks wrapped in caution tape ... I don't think she's ever done that... lol

You forgot about the wings!
..Being a V.S. girl and all. heh

Sep 02 06 06:03 am Link

Photographer

Drew Hendricks

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Late Bloomer Studios wrote:
Giselle is an eye sore. I want to see something in a photograph that moves me to inspiration, not mental retardation! Besides a much more appropriate question is: Who would win in a fight, The Sensational She-Hulk or Giselle Bundchen? Answer: Neither. Neither one of them is real!

Have you looked at your work lately?

Sep 02 06 06:13 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Antonina wrote:

Giselle is gorgeous, she is all over Vogue for a reason smile

What's the reason?  In case you hadn't noticed lots of models are "gorgeous" -- and they're not "all over Vogue."

Assuming the fashion "industry" is a noble meritocracy, what's the merit?  She looks like pretty much every other model on every other magazine to me.

Sep 02 06 06:13 am Link

Photographer

Drew Hendricks

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
What's the reason?  In case you hadn't noticed lots of models are "gorgeous" -- and they're not "all over Vogue."

Assuming the fashion "industry" is a noble meritocracy, what's the merit?  She looks like pretty much every other model on every other magazine to me.

Every model looks like every other model.  Each model has her own thing it does not matter how much she looks like another woman she is still entirely different with a completely different attitude and perception, which if you do it right will come out  in the photo. Some gorgeous woman make horrible models its not in their look attitude or eyes, some women who look gorgeous but may not seem like much shine infront of the camera.

Sep 02 06 06:20 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Christus Militis wrote:

Every model looks like every other model.

Speak for yourself.  None of the people i work with "look like every other model."   The individuality of each of my subjects is what brings me to work with them.

Sep 02 06 06:40 am Link

Photographer

bmjg

Longwood, Florida, US

Shooting Giselle would be an honor if I were lucky enough to have that happen.  As far as what the OP asked?  I would have to talk to Giselle about the shoot and try to get a feel for what she felt like posing for that day .  Then I would go over my release with her and get it signed.  Once we discussed our options, and come up with a plan together we would start the shoot.

Sep 02 06 07:22 am Link

Photographer

UIPHOTOS

Dayton, Ohio, US

I guess I am in the minority as well.. She doesnt move me.. I have seen some pics of her, and know her name because of all the hype..  but if I had to pick her out of a lineup of other tall, blonde models, I couldnt do it..

As was said, there is nothing overtly interesting about her.. She is supposedly good at what she does which isnt something I am into so her face isnt stuck in my mental rolodex.. Wouldnt be able to pick her out in a crowd of models..

But it wouldnt be glamour.. definitely something artsy.. as I would do with any model..

Sep 02 06 07:33 am Link

Photographer

Anderson Artwork

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Wraped head to toe in different colors of Saran wrap...hand her a old style straight razor...on a set that looks like the inside of a refrigerator...maybe some low level smoke to make it look colder...then tell her to cut herself out of the costume...she can leave whatever parts she wants covered. GB as live leftovers!

Can you imagine the close up of her cutting one of her eyes free with an over the top make up job underneath? Or smearing her self up with Cool Whip out of a 500 gallon tub?

Sep 02 06 07:54 am Link