Forums > General Industry > The Most Beautiful Model On MM

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

Mayhem #174437

I would shoot with her anytime, anywhere...

Let's show her love/support!

Aug 15 06 09:29 am Link

Photographer

Scott Evans

Cypress, California, US

PapaVic Photography wrote:
Mayhem #174437

A joke right?

Aug 15 06 09:33 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

Scott Evans wrote:

A joke right?

No

not a joke

Aug 15 06 09:34 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Mayhem #174437

u might want to point out that u arent just taking the piss with this post, as some people on this site make a habit of telling people who arent supermodels that they shouldnt be on here, and your nice effort might get mistaken for a bandwagon of intolerance to jump on....

Aug 15 06 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

gavin oneill wrote:

u might want to point out that u arent just taking the piss with this post, as some people on this site make a habit of telling people who arent supermodels that they shouldnt be on here, and your nice effort might get mistaken for a bandwagon of intolerance to jump on....

Then let the haters hate: it's good to know who they are, isn't it?

Aug 15 06 09:37 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

She does have a pretty face and her goals seem genuine. I hope she finds much luck.

Aug 15 06 09:37 am Link

Model

-Katrina-

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

yea, i thought he was kiddin as well, in that case i would like to humble nominate myself as the most beautiful model in the northern hemisphere.

Aug 15 06 09:38 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

i guess so, but not at her expense. i was suggesting you change the post to ask 'if anyone can help her out by donating some time it might be appreciated' kind of thing. your title suggests u have tried to get people to look at your thread for a very different reason.....

Aug 15 06 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

DawnElizabeth Moderator wrote:
She does have a pretty face and her goals seem genuine. I hope she finds much luck.

I take her at face value (pun intended).  I agree she seems genuine, and I admire her determination to break through limitations.  She inspires me to break through my own.

Aug 15 06 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

gavin oneill wrote:

i guess so, but not at her expense. i was suggesting you change the post to ask 'if anyone can help her out by donating some time it might be appreciated' kind of thing. your title suggests u have tried to get people to look at your thread for a very different reason.....

What my intention is to propose that beauty has many forms, and it's best ones often transcends.  My post is an acknowledgement, an appreciation (and a challenge to the short-sighted).

Aug 15 06 09:43 am Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

Side note:
Why is the trendy new word "hater" used to describe someone who offers a dissenting opinion?

I believe people find it VERY convenient to lable someone a hater these days- Its a defense mechanism which attempts to turn the negative attention towards the accuser rather than the accused. More often than not, I find that the people labled as "haters"  are people with valid points, maybe not right, but valid.

I have no opinion on this issue, but I feel great sympathy for those with disabilities.

Aug 15 06 09:46 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

gavin oneill wrote:

And another thing: I believe she's tough and can take the prejudice and ignorance, or she wouldn't be here in the first place.  That's more than half of my admiration for her.

Let the haters hate.
Let the lovers love.

Let's seperate the adults from the children.

Aug 15 06 09:46 am Link

Model

AnnaMarie

Flushing, New York, US

gavin oneill wrote:

I agree.  Please do not let this get out of hand and make the model feel bad.  We all having beginnings and this is hers.  Best of luck to her.

Aug 15 06 09:47 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

Eric S. wrote:
Side note:
Why is the trendy new word "hater" used to describe someone who offers a dissenting opinion?

"Haters" is not meant in this context as someone who offers merely a dissenting opinion, but rather someone who does so in a condescending/patronizing/arrogant/ignorant/bigoted/prejudiced manner.

Aug 15 06 09:48 am Link

Model

Toni Jordan

New York, New York, US

AnnaMarie wrote:

I agree.  Please do not let this get out of hand and make the model feel bad.  We all having beginnings and this is hers.  Best of luck to her.

I agree...  She has a strong heart and great determination...  I wish her many blessings..

Aug 15 06 09:51 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

AnnaMarie wrote:

i totally agree, ive already sent her a tag in support, but i think this thread will possibly produce some unsavoury and unneccessary comments towards her. its all very well to let 'haters be haters' as long as the person inciting that hate isnt getting targetted.
i dont think her resiliance and mental toughness needs anymore testing than her current situation provides for her.....

Aug 15 06 09:52 am Link

Model

SsinUrn

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

"Haters" is not meant in this context as someone who offers merely a dissenting opinion, but rather someone who does so in a condescending/patronizing/arrogant/ignorant/bigoted/prejudiced manner.

here... and easier translation.... 

hater = btch, bstrd, a-hole...

Aug 15 06 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

All too often, "condescending/patronizing/arrogant/ignorant/bigoted/prejudiced" tends to mean, "Unapologetically disagrees with me."

If, as it seems, the underlying purpose of this thread is to foster tolerance, perhaps a little more might be shown to others as well.  A characterization of someone as a "hater" hardly seems like the most tolerant possible description.

Aug 15 06 09:55 am Link

Photographer

ChanStudio

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

I hope this site isn't about popular contest.  To me, there isn't such thing as "most" beautiful.  Every model has her/his unique beauty.

Aug 15 06 09:58 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

And another thing: I believe she's tough and can take the prejudice and ignorance, or she wouldn't be here in the first place.

so because someone is here on MM, that automatically means they are tough enough to handle what slander people have to throw at them?

Aug 15 06 09:59 am Link

Photographer

eg

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Scott Evans wrote:

A joke right?

NOT A JOKE AT ALL!!!! I GOT IT FROM THE VERY BEGGINING!!!!  AND ME TOO I'LL SHOOT HER ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, PERIOD!!!! YOU GUYS HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

Aug 15 06 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

TXPhotog wrote:

All too often, "condescending/patronizing/arrogant/ignorant/bigoted/prejudiced" tends to mean, "Unapologetically disagrees with me."

If, as it seems, the underlying purpose of this thread is to foster tolerance, perhaps a little more might be shown to others as well.  A characterization of someone as a "hater" hardly seems like the most tolerant possible description.

In most contexts I would tend to agree, but my comment is aimed well beyond simple disagreement. 

My aim here is to support a remarkable human being and her determination to transcend, and secondarily hopefully inspire the same kind of remarkable transcendence in others.

Aug 15 06 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Terrence Blount

Chicago, Illinois, US

Chan Studio wrote:
I hope this site isn't about popular contest.  To me, there isn't such thing as "most" beautiful.  Every model has her/his unique beauty.

I definitely agree with that. What one person say about a model being beautiful doesn't mean that the next person will say the same thing. I mean everyone has some kind of flaw. As for the general question, there are many on my list to even mention!

Aug 15 06 10:05 am Link

Photographer

Wolf 189

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mayhem #174437

Not a very tasteful support...while I am sure your intentions are genuine.

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

gavin oneill wrote:

so because someone is here on MM, that automatically means they are tough enough to handle what slander people have to throw at them?

No, my plodding friend, it acknowledges that she is.

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

My aim here is to support a remarkable human being and her determination to transcend, and secondarily hopefully inspire the same kind of remarkable transcendence in others.

Then do that, and not this:

That contributes nothing to your stated goal, and detracts from it significantly.

Aug 15 06 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Then do that, and not this:

That contributes nothing to your stated goal, and detracts from it significantly.

Some will fail the challenge, resist inspiration and fall back on their hate: let them show this if this is how they wish to represent themselves.

Aug 15 06 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Voltaire

Los Angeles, California, US

I am with Gavin on this one.  Regardless of whether she is the most beautiful model on mm or not, it is going to open her up to a lot of criticism.  Some positive, some negative.  But the titling of the thread, "The most beautiful model on mm" will have a lot of people that don't agree with you thinking negatively towards her.  And there are a lot of mean spirited people out there.  I think the thread should have been, "Who do you think is the most beautiful model on mm?"

I do have a question.  Is the model ready for the response from the people who do not think she is the most beautiful model on mm?

Aug 15 06 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Some will fail the challenge, resist inspiration and fall back on their hate: let them show this if this is how they wish to represent themselves.

Let me propose something to you:  if you wish to make an uplifting, supportive post about someone, it doesn't work as well if you are simultaneously taking a holier-than-thou attitude towards others.

Ah, never mind.  It's clear you are working up a perfectly good rant, and it would be a shame to get in the way of it.  But it's also a shame that this model has to be diminshed by it, when she really could use some support.

Aug 15 06 10:20 am Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

I hereby declare myself the best photographer in the world.

OK, the best photographer in my dining room right now.

Aug 15 06 10:26 am Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Eric S. wrote:
I have no opinion on this issue, but I feel great sympathy for those with disabilities.

While I can't speak for others with disabilities, personally I'm not looking for sympathy, but just the same chance as anyone else.

If my work sucks, it's because I did a bad job on the shoot, and not because I walked or rolled to it.

Gary

note to Eric: I took no offense to your message. Just stating my thoughts.

Aug 15 06 10:27 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

I live in the same city as that girl, I've seen her on campus before. She's a student at Kansas State University just like myself

Aug 15 06 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Let me propose something to you:  if you wish to make an uplifting, supportive post about someone, it doesn't work as well if you are simultaneously taking a holier-than-thou attitude towards others.

Ah, never mind.  It's clear you are working up a perfectly good rant, and it would be a shame to get in the way of it.  But it's also a shame that this model has to be diminshed by it, when she really could use some support.

I haven't the time/energy/inclination/etc to rant.  I've made my points and accomplished my intended goals and am largely content to let the thread take it's course.  Sorry to disappoint.  I'm confident you'll get over it.

I now have to depart for my crappy day-job, buoyed in no small measure by the reminder my challenges are mere trifles when compared to those that others of exceptional character have taken on with a fierce determination and considerable will.

Aug 15 06 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

DarioImpiniPhotography wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree

Aug 15 06 10:31 am Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

GLB Graphics wrote:
While I can't speak for others with disabilities, personally I'm not looking for sympathy, but just the same chance as anyone else.
If my work sucks, it's because I did a bad job on the shoot, and not because I walked or rolled to it.
Gary

I knew that word would cause trouble.
I guess what I really wanted to say was that If I ever start feeling self-pity and envious of what others have, I should remind myself of all I have that others do not.
And I was too lazy to type that earlier smile

Aug 15 06 10:32 am Link

Model

Constance Hilory

Mobile, Alabama, US

She seems very determined, has a great positive attitude, and I hope that her dreams do come true. I wish her the very best of luck.

Aug 15 06 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

GLB Graphics wrote:

Gary

Bravo, you said it way better than I could have/would have.

Aug 15 06 10:38 am Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

I wholeheartedly agree

and not just your dining room but the whole house as well.

Aug 15 06 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Wolf 189

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

DarioImpiniPhotography wrote:

That's a bit sad...not much hope for the dining room world, huh?!

Have you checked under the table?!

PS: Just a joke of course!

Aug 15 06 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Wolf 189

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

markcomp wrote:

and not just your dining room but the whole house as well.

Don't you believe in ghosts?! There is hope! Use special filters to take pictures of empty corners, you might find a better one!

Aug 15 06 10:54 am Link