Forums > General Industry > Models That Are Unprofessional

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

I think that someone else might have posted about this. If so, I'm sorry but...

Why is it that models contact you for a shoot, schedule the shoot and then when you try and e-mail them or call to confirm the date as it it gets closer,they never HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL COURTESY TO E-MAIL OR CALL BACK????? If there is one way to get a bad reputation fast, that's the way. Now I'm left wondering if I should just make other plans.

For the love of god if there are any models that are reading this please don't be like this person. Enough said!!!!!

Apr 25 05 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

MRP-Photography

Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Well Scott, in the modern world of flakyness it is necessary to make a contract for almost anything. Nothing is more annoying when a model is too lazy to show up, especially with a paying client in the back, or flying thousands of miles for nothing. Since this happened to me years ago, I always do precontracts. If she doesn't show up, or is in a very bad condition (drunk or something like that) she has to pay 50 % of the money to me or the client.

Apr 25 05 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

Norris Carden

Tullahoma, Tennessee, US

No shows ... that's the majority I've dealt with from models on ANOTHER modeling place. Hopefully the ones who have taken the time to come and participate here won't be like that.

Now here's a question ... would you TAG a model on MM for being a no show?

Apr 25 05 03:01 pm Link

Model

Mariska

Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa

I hate it when girls (will not call them models) do that. It ruins the reputation for the rest of us. Photogs get more strict and things get more complicated. We should have something like a business chamber.

You wana know if someones flaked, look it up wink

Then the rest of us can go on and stop being pestered

Apr 25 05 03:01 pm Link

Model

Mariska

Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Posted by Norris Carden: 
No shows ... that's the majority I've dealt with from models on ANOTHER modeling place. Hopefully the ones who have taken the time to come and participate here won't be like that.

Oh please do ! lol

Apr 25 05 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by Norris Carden: 

Thats what the delete button is for!!

Apr 25 05 03:15 pm Link

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

i hate how some people just won't show up for scheduled shoots and meetings. i known for being extremely reliable-just ask them at missbehav'n.  i've even modelled when i had the flu!

Apr 25 05 03:21 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

This is in the response to the models who do no shows, cancels at last minutes or don't even call.  I have NEVER not shown up at a photography place whether it was paid OR TFP, I have only been late 2 times, one time 5 minutes, the other 30 minutes (from being out of town, and wrong directions given) which photographer totally understood, and I had called them while on the road to let them know I was lost and to help me get back on track.  I return my emails and all messages on a daily basis as I get them, unless I am out of town, then they are dealt with as soon as I return.  Photographers need to start weeding out the models who really don't care about their career and who just do it to say they do it.  Because of models like that, it has given people who take this very seriously and go at this aggressively a bad name, well until the person has worked with me then they see how I am.  I have worked with most people more than once because they knew they were not wasting time with me.  Not ALL models do this immature bit of not showing up etc. etc.  But again, it is models like that, which makes it hard to get paid work because a photographer wants to do TFP first because he/she has been burnt so many times from a non-serious model.  There is no reason for the no-shows.  And if, there is a cancellation, it is somewhat understandable if it is a family matter or something beyond control, but the photographer should be notified in a timely manner.  But, since we are on the subject of models...and some models standing people up, and not doing their part like they should...which again, I do believe is VERY wrong and it does upset me.  I want to also talk about some photographers.

Photographers...when working with a model should know a models limits before working with her.  Not only that, but when give the opportunity to work with him/her they should not push issues that are beyond the limits set by the models.  There are so many photographers out there that think they are a photographer because they have a camera. There are also photographers out there that do the same thing....not returning calls etc.  So it isn't limited to just models.  Eventhough, I myself have not had that experience yet (knock on wood) because I am very picky with whom I work with, and I talk with them way before I work with them, I think it helps. 

To end this posting, I would just like to make one last comment.  I think serious photographer and serious models have to communicate very well with each other and even before working together.  From phone conversations, emails and other contacts, you will then be able to get a feel of the person you may be working with and probably get a vibe from it.  If communication is great, then it could be good.  If not, or you have something telling you that you are not sure about this one....take it as that, and follow the instinct.  More than anything, your instinct will be right. 

McKenzie

Apr 25 05 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

rwspangler

Springfield, Virginia, US

Face it folks... there models and shooters are people and SOME people are flakey, lack courtesy and manners. They are the ones that eventually end up not working in this industry and wind up supersizing food orders.... or worse. ;-)

Apr 25 05 03:28 pm Link

Model

Aurora Bellare

Newport News, Virginia, US

Flakiness is a HUGE flaw to me in models or photographers.  A friend of mine who is a GREAT photographer has dealt with a lot of flaky models.  They'll contact him for a TFP shoot, then when the time nears they won't respond to his e-mails or calls.  He's stopped doing TFP for that reason, and it's the model's loss because he's so good (yeah, I'm biased lol).

Me, I've had some annoyances with photographers.  I've contacted all the ones in my area since I can't really travel right now, and out of four, ONE responded to me.  At least have the decency and manners to contact people back and give reason why you don't want to/can't shoot with them!

Apr 25 05 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Norris Carden: 

Why waste the time? ... "Tags" have a delete. So you "Tag" the model or photographer with a less than complimentary comment ... it's gone the next time they check their listing here.

Apr 25 05 03:58 pm Link

Model

CML

Richmond, Virginia, US

I must be really bored.. because I post a whole lot! big_smile
  My advice to the photographers is this.  During the process of schelduling a shoot, tell the model that if you do not talk to her atleast once, or twice *whatever you prefer* before the shoot,   that the shoot will automatically be cancelled.  I make sure to contact photographers usually a few days before the shoot and then the day before just to make sure. If you dont hear anything, cancel it and make other plans. If a model gripes about it, its her own fault. There are a million ways to get in touch with someone.  A damn text message could suffice.  Usually if a model just ignores ur ims or phone calls, it means shes not interested but not mature enough to just answer the phone or emails and let you know that.  A lot of amateur models dont know how to go about professionally cancelling a shoot.

Apr 25 05 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

"They'll contact him for a TFP shoot, then when the time nears they won't respond to his e-mails or calls."

I thought that particular form of 'flakiness' was only limited to all of California and the Las Vegas area (where the 'me...me...me' attitude prevails).

During the recent past, a few models (and other photographers) contacted me requesting my services.  I replied, and never heard from them again.

Now I may not be the BEST photographer around, but I ain't that bad either!  I also don't make any sensationalized claims of fame and fortune... and I don't shoot any nudity (or even bring up the subject) unless the model requests it. 

Therefore I can safely say that my replies to their requests isn't the thing that is scaring them away.

Normally, shortly after I realized that my reply has been ignored, I'll often see the same model posting 'new' (but poorly shot) naked photos of herself taken by some 'guy with camera'.  (Ironically, often the same models that are 'guilty as charged' also have a statement in their portfolio that they don't do nudity).

I originally thought that this scenario was an exception to the rule, but lately I've seen several models do the same thing... so now I believe that it has become the norm!

When I worked in TV production and charged big bucks for time spent (whether the client showed up or not), you can be sure that the client would ALWAYS be on time, or make dilligent effort to contact us if there were any scheduling changes.

Maybe the fact that so many people are GIVING away their time (TFP, TFCD... myself included once in awhile) gives the impression that the photographers time isn't worth anything, so why bother responding to 'em.

The funny / sad part is that model probably will never understand what they end up missing.  Even if I never end up working with a model, I will often refer them to other photographers or businesses that are coming to the area.  Of course, I will only refer the people that have acted in a professional manner to start with.

Apr 25 05 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

AG Photo

Easton, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by McKenzie:
    To end this posting, I would just like to make one last comment.  I think serious photographer and serious models have to communicate very well with each other and even before working together.  From phone conversations, emails and other contacts, you will then be able to get a feel of the person you may be working with and probably get a vibe from it.  If communication is great, then it could be good.  If not, or you have something telling you that you are not sure about this one....take it as that, and follow the instinct.  More than anything, your instinct will be right. 

McKenzie 

I completely agree, communication is the single most important factor in making sure there are no misunderstandings, no confusion, and no problems related to what one person was thinking as opposed to the other.

Matt
Deputy Admin

Apr 25 05 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Karczewski

Hammond, Indiana, US

OneModelFlake was good for that.. Oh.. I mean, OneModelPlace.. tongue

I once was up in Madison waiting and waiting for a model to show and nothing.  No phone call, no email, nothing.   She said she had to work an hour later and knew I had nobody shooting after her, so she could had come.  None the less, her profile is still filled with self-taken crap images.  Oh well.

Apr 25 05 05:12 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Posted by Jim Karr: 

I once was up in Madison waiting and waiting for a model to show and nothing.  No phone call, no email, nothing.   She said she had to work an hour later and knew I had nobody shooting after her, so she could had come.  None the less, her profile is still filled with self-taken crap images.  Oh well.

Again, not all models are like that....and your right, she could of still shown up or at least made a phone call.  It is more her loss than yours.  I would just move on, but use better communication techniques the next time around. 

McKenzie

Apr 25 05 05:24 pm Link

Model

Jeri Lynn Astra

Pleasantville, New York, US

Flakey "models" are the bane of professionals' existence. I don't mean professional by rank nessecarily, but by behavior.

I'll be the first to admit I can get a little lagged on responding to emails- but I devised a system of organization to improve that, and always make a point to return emails at some point. I've never not shown, and if I'm even a little late I'm always sure to call. I always make a point to be sure all is clear before a shoot and that I'm prepared as such. It is astounding to me, when I talk to photographers, how many "models" do not.

For what it's worth, I think that this is a closer knit group- and therefore, less likely to contain people that are going to act in an unprofessional manner.

Apr 25 05 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

Shutterbug5269

Herkimer, New York, US

Posted by Jeri: 
Flakey "models" are the bane of professionals' existence. I don't mean professional by rank nessecarily, but by behavior.

I'll be the first to admit I can get a little lagged on responding to emails- but I devised a system of organization to improve that, and always make a point to return emails at some point. I've never not shown, and if I'm even a little late I'm always sure to call. I always make a point to be sure all is clear before a shoot and that I'm prepared as such. It is astounding to me, when I talk to photographers, how many "models" do not.

For what it's worth, I think that this is a closer knit group- and therefore, less likely to contain people that are going to act in an unprofessional manner. 

I wish they were ALL like you!

They are the bane of an amateur's existance as well.  Just because I am not doing this for a living, does not mean I appreciate having my time wasted any more that the wonderful professionals on this site. 

I work very hard to give 100% for the models who pose for me. 

I understand when a model cancels on me to get a PAID gig.  All I ask is enough warning to find a replacement. 

A phone call or an e-mail is not that much to ask.

Is it ???

Apr 25 05 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

The model in question does not have a profile here. But if she did...no probably not. That would be un-professional.

Posted by Norris Carden: 

Apr 25 05 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

How about models who drink so much before the shoot that they end up throwing up in the bathroom and end up passed out on the bed in lingerie, eh?  8X

Apr 25 05 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

I totally agree with Mckenzie! There is more to being a model than just looking pretty, or hot. There is a Public Realations side, where they have to COMMUNICATE with photographers and others in the biz.

I pride myself on answering my e-mails and taking phone calls as much as I can. You know why? Because "Perception is Reality". If you come off professional people will percieve you as such.

Posted by McKenzie: 
  This is in the response to the models who do no shows, cancels at last minutes or don't even call.  I have NEVER not shown up at a photography place whether it was paid OR TFP, I have only been late 2 times, one time 5 minutes, the other 30 minutes (from being out of town, and wrong directions given) which photographer totally understood, and I had called them while on the road to let them know I was lost and to help me get back on track.  I return my emails and all messages on a daily basis as I get them, unless I am out of town, then they are dealt with as soon as I return.  Photographers need to start weeding out the models who really don't care about their career and who just do it to say they do it.  Because of models like that, it has given people who take this very seriously and go at this aggressively a bad name, well until the person has worked with me then they see how I am.  I have worked with most people more than once because they knew they were not wasting time with me.  Not ALL models do this immature bit of not showing up etc. etc.  But again, it is models like that, which makes it hard to get paid work because a photographer wants to do TFP first because he/she has been burnt so many times from a non-serious model.  There is no reason for the no-shows.  And if, there is a cancellation, it is somewhat understandable if it is a family matter or something beyond control, but the photographer should be notified in a timely manner.  But, since we are on the subject of models...and some models standing people up, and not doing their part like they should...which again, I do believe is VERY wrong and it does upset me.  I want to also talk about some photographers.

Photographers...when working with a model should know a models limits before working with her.  Not only that, but when give the opportunity to work with him/her they should not push issues that are beyond the limits set by the models.  There are so many photographers out there that think they are a photographer because they have a camera. There are also photographers out there that do the same thing....not returning calls etc.  So it isn't limited to just models.  Eventhough, I myself have not had that experience yet (knock on wood) because I am very picky with whom I work with, and I talk with them way before I work with them, I think it helps. 

McKenzie 

Apr 25 05 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

Chanti,

That was what I did. It still didn't work.

Posted by Chanti: 
I must be really bored.. because I post a whole lot! big_smile
  My advice to the photographers is this.  During the process of schelduling a shoot, tell the model that if you do not talk to her atleast once, or twice *whatever you prefer* before the shoot,   that the shoot will automatically be cancelled.  I make sure to contact photographers usually a few days before the shoot and then the day before just to make sure. If you dont hear anything, cancel it and make other plans. If a model gripes about it, its her own fault. There are a million ways to get in touch with someone.  A damn text message could suffice.  Usually if a model just ignores ur ims or phone calls, it means shes not interested but not mature enough to just answer the phone or emails and let you know that.  A lot of amateur models dont know how to go about professionally cancelling a shoot.

Apr 25 05 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

That must be a new personal best for you!

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 
How about models who drink so much before the shoot that they end up throwing up in the bathroom and end up passed out on the bed in lingerie, eh?  8X

Apr 25 05 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Karczewski

Hammond, Indiana, US

Posted by McKenzie: 

Posted by Jim Karr: 

Again, not all models are like that....and your right, she could of still shown up or at least made a phone call.  It is more her loss than yours.  I would just move on, but use better communication techniques the next time around. 

McKenzie

McKenzie-

Dunno how I could had communicated any better.  She had BOTH my cell phone numbers, the phone # for the location I was shooting at, and my email address which I had access to all night long.  I tried calling and got voicemail every time I called, even after she supposedly got off work.  I don't understand how anyone can communicate better than that?  When we originally setup the shoot, she mentioned nothing about working that night either.

Apr 25 05 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by Scott Johnson: 

And then they say sorry when they wake up and ask if they could shoot with them the next day!  WTF?!  lol

Well good thing I usually shoot more than 1 model if I'm doing an indoor shoot.

Oh yeah, why is that a new personal best for me?

Apr 25 05 08:20 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I'll tell you why models do it if you tell me why photographers do it.

If you don't have a time and date confirmed, go on with your life and book your time like the model in question never existed. Then all you'll have to worry about are last minute canellations an no-shows... and I guess that's not a great improvement. But that's people for you.

Posted by Scott Johnson: 

Why is it that models contact you for a shoot, schedule the shoot and then when you try and e-mail them or call to confirm the date as it it gets closer,they never HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL COURTESY TO E-MAIL OR CALL BACK????? If there is one way to get a bad reputation fast, that's the way. Now I'm left wondering if I should just make other plans.

For the love of god if there are any models that are reading this please don't be like this person. Enough said!!!!!

Apr 25 05 08:29 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Posted by Jim Karr: 

Posted by McKenzie: 

Posted by Jim Karr: 

McKenzie

McKenzie-

Dunno how I could had communicated any better.  She had BOTH my cell phone numbers, the phone # for the location I was shooting at, and my email address which I had access to all night long.  I tried calling and got voicemail every time I called, even after she supposedly got off work.  I don't understand how anyone can communicate better than that?  When we originally setup the shoot, she mentioned nothing about working that night either.

Jim, I appreciate your honesty, and in this case, it was probably not your fault, but there are times when models and photographers are setting up shoots and not all information, details and things like that are layed out on the table.  I try to communicate with the people I am going to work with more than once on the phone, and probably a hand full of times through email if not more.  I ask lots of questions as a model, and I think that a photographer should do the same.  As models check out photographer references, I think photographers should check out model references. 

I have heard from photographers before about emailing a model and a model responding with a 1-2 sentence response, right there, tells you that they are probably not that interested.  Short and to the point.  I guess I take things differently, maybe I am just different.  But to me, communication is a big thing for me, and if a photographer can't communicate well with me, I don't work with him....BUT I don't ignore him either, I will tell him I am not interested in working with him because questions are not answered...I am just giving an example here.  I am straight, honest and to the point, but in a professional manner and I respect all of whom I talk to and I expect the same.  Photographers are going to run into bad models who are not serious, and there will be models who run into bad photographers...again not all photographers are like that either.  I think you will have that with every business.  You just have to be pickier with who you work with, learn to know what to look for when talking, talk to them multiple times before actually working with them.  Again, that is just my opinion. 

McKenzie

Apr 25 05 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

That it happened to you 8x. Just kidding man!

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 

Posted by Scott Johnson: 

And then they say sorry when they wake up and ask if they could shoot with them the next day!  WTF?!  lol

Well good thing I usually shoot more than 1 model if I'm doing an indoor shoot.

Oh yeah, why is that a new personal best for me?

Apr 26 05 07:30 am Link

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

I had a time, date, place, everything shy of sening a cab to pick her up.

Maybe photographers have done this, but I have never have done anything like that. I pride myself on the business end of it. Maybe it's because I have spent a lot of my professional life, in a job that demands it that type of behaviour.

Posted by theda: 

If you don't have a time and date confirmed, go on with your life and book your time like the model in question never existed. Then all you'll have to worry about are last minute canellations an no-shows... and I guess that's not a great improvement. But that's people for you.

Posted by Scott Johnson: 

Apr 26 05 07:33 am Link

Model

Taryn

Carbondale, Colorado, US

Well the way I see it..... If your gonna set up a shoot, stick with it, stay in contact.

Plain and simple

Apr 28 05 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by theda: 

If you don't have a time and date confirmed, go on with your life and book your time like the model in question never existed.

In all the years I've been shooting, I can only recall cancelling on ONE shoot.

And I gave the model about a 1 week notice. (Happened about a year ago when I wrecked my motorcycle and gimped my ankle and was on crutches for 2 weeks.)

Looking back, I should have toughed-it-out and shot anyway. But that, as far as I can recall, is the only shoot I ever cancelled.

Apr 28 05 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Geo Silva

Whittier, California, US

I completely know what you're talking about.  I know that a lot of models overbook and then pick and choose the better pay.  And then not show up for the rest... or cancel at the last minute.  It's all about the money for those models.   I make it a rule... on the second "last minute cancel or no show", and I don't use that model any more.  About half of the  shoots I schedule, never happen... I have only ever cancelled once, and I was puking sick.  I canceled the day before... not an hour before.  If you book it, you should keep it.  I have worked with a few great models, but they are hard to find.   

Apr 28 05 11:47 pm Link

Model

AshleyDanielle

West Hollywood, California, US

I don't think putting "all" of a state or saying a "site" is fair to represent all models that come from a place or on a site (sorry thought those were kinda harsh comments).
It's not a whole state or site that is the problem. It's the fact that every girl out there wants to be a model, but not put in the time or effort. Such as, a date being more important. I think that falls under other posts I've read of models and photographers just doing this for fun. It's not taken seriously. I'm on the other site and from California O.O watch out haha j/k
The problem lies on the individual is all i'm saying on this.

I've had the same issue with a couple phototags that have hired me for hair and make-up & modeling jobs. My time is important to me and I take my working seriously. If a date is set and I've turned down other work I get upset when the photo shoot is cancelled at the last minute. I didn't find out till the day of the shoot and once not till I arrived. It was just fortunate I planned extra work that paid for some of my hotel and air, because I traveled to Las Vegas for that shoot. That's money out of my pocket for the extra days I spent for that shoot, and I don't like money taken out of my pocket.
There's good and bad on both ends. I just know those are people that I won't work with and would not recommend to anyone (unless there was a valid reason).

Apr 29 05 02:19 am Link

Photographer

WASH-HI PHOTO

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Thanks McKenzie for your remarks....I have experienced my share of no-shows and they always hurt a little bit.  Nothing worse than standing around for 30 minutes, 40, then an hour before leaving a prime day and light situation with that wasted feeling.  I wanted to share one model in Hawaii who was a no show....she later contacted me and profusely apologized and wanted a re-shoot.  I was miffed and told her know but she persisted and turned out to be very prompt in two more shoots and never stopped apologizing for her no show which it turns out was car trouble and she did not have her cell with her.  Sometimes its best to give a little to get a lot. Aloha, John

Posted by McKenzie: 

McKenzie 

Apr 30 05 01:14 am Link

Photographer

ANON

Posted by Scott Johnson: 
Why is it that models contact you for a shoot, schedule the shoot and then when you try and e-mail them or call to confirm the date as it it gets closer,they never HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL COURTESY TO E-MAIL OR CALL BACK????? 

Hence the reason when there is money on the line by a client, professionals are hired for the job.  Imagine a commercial client, in example, sitting in a rented studio with a high dollar photographer, art director, makeup artist, stylist, and assistants all sitting idle.  As I said to my wife when I banned her from shopping Walmart:  "You get what you pay for."

Apr 30 05 01:19 am Link

Model

kumi

San Francisco, California, US

photographers flake just as models flake
though i have heard of models doing this much more often.
some dont show up, others dont call, some give notice much too  late.
one photographer i know told me of a few models that he had to call himself only to find out that they were asleep or something. (after he had already booked/paid for their flights).

i know of one photographer that posts his bad experiences online with each of the models and of course he gets a lot of shit for it.
though i admit it IS a funny read.

i would just have to assume, that as models have their internet/word of mouth messaging system to contact their model friends, so do photogs.
and as they say, bad news travels faster than any other kind of news!

Apr 30 05 05:34 am Link

Model

Miss Conduct

Santa Cruz, California, US

Posted by EricMuss-Barnes: 

Posted by theda: 

If you don't have a time and date confirmed, go on with your life and book your time like the model in question never existed.

And I gave the model about a 1 week notice. (Happened about a year ago when I wrecked my motorcycle and gimped my ankle and was on crutches for 2 weeks.)

Looking back, I should have toughed-it-out and shot anyway. But that, as far as I can recall, is the only shoot I ever cancelled.

Hey, wait was that shoot with me or am I thinking of someone else?

Apr 30 05 06:48 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Miss Conduct: 

Posted by EricMuss-Barnes: 

Hey, wait was that shoot with me or am I thinking of someone else?

Nope. We've never scheduled anything. We've talked about shooting together a lot. But we've never set any solid date or time for each other.

And we should. Because we are both pretty freakin' awesome.

;-)

Apr 30 05 03:02 pm Link

Model

Miss Conduct

Santa Cruz, California, US

Nope. We've never scheduled anything. We've talked about shooting together a lot. But we've never set any solid date or time for each other.

And we should. Because we are both pretty freakin' awesome.

;-)

Well then, you just tell me "where and when" and I'm there! smile

May 01 05 06:09 pm Link

Model

Madame Cosmos

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Oooh its my turn to tell you how much I hate no-shows.
I hire models myself, do display my artwork on, fashion design on, & to showcase mine & a friends artwork for gallery shows.
Models wait till 4 hours before an event to tell you they cant make it.
Someone told me photographers & event planners should start charging for cancelations, which isnt a bad idea.
Like if you cancel more than 48 hours notice? Fine.
But 2 hours before hand? 19.99$.
I thought it was kinda silly, but now its like, how many people would cancel if they knew they had to pay?

May 01 05 06:24 pm Link