Forums > General Industry > Photo Competition: Round 2: Image Posting Thread

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Farenell Photography wrote:

Post it anyway, pretty lady. Let's see what you got.

Gotta wait til I get my break. I am not supposed to be on the net at work. But I will...

Aug 16 06 07:49 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Farenell Photography wrote:
Post it anyway, pretty lady. Let's see what you got.

Okay, let's try this:

https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/dawnelizabeth/item.jpg

the focus is off and I had to scan it, but it's with a disposable. Flash only and we'd used it all night, so the flash wasn't really working at full power.

Aug 16 06 08:55 am Link

Photographer

Stonekey Photography

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

I forgot to post a couple of black and whites...  opsy!  I got caught up in ebay.  foul bit of digital scurf there!

Aug 16 06 09:46 am Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

Bryan Patrick Coleman wrote:
I forgot to post a couple of black and whites...  opsy!  I got caught up in ebay.  foul bit of digital scurf there!

Where did you get a BW disposable?
Or did you reload a used disposable?

Please post them.... lets see what you got.

PS..... Love the handstand image.

Aug 16 06 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Stonekey Photography

Got em at Wallmart smile

https://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k4/majatti/FH000019-1.jpg

https://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k4/majatti/FH000003-1.jpg

Plus all the pictures in my images between the pink cast and handstand pictures, but the ones in my port I messed with in photoshop.  Changing levels, cropping etc.

All the ones in here I didn't change, per the rules.  The beach pictures came out well I thought.  I used my polarizing sunglasses as a filter.  Made it really hard to shoot, but I like the results.

Aug 16 06 10:07 am Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Chris Macan wrote:
Where did you get a BW disposable?
Or did you reload a used disposable?

Yeah, Kodak makes a disposable pre-loaded with b/w C-41 film.  smile

Aug 16 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

The competition is officially CLOSED.

Look at the entries.  This is really an achievement, look at the quality of the images, all coming out of a disposable camera.  The creativity (or even quality in some shots) beats a lot of images shot with equipment 1,000 times more expensive.  This goes to show: it's about vision.  The tool helps create the vision.

Honestly, I am a little sad that out of over 100,000 MM members, we only have five people who submitted.  I don't want to speculate a reason, so I would just leave it.

Scores are coming in from the judges and I am going to tally them (per image) tonight and will announce the winner as soon as possible.

Aug 16 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

lll wrote:

Yeah, Kodak makes a disposable pre-loaded with b/w C-41 film.  smile

ilford also makes disposible cameras pre-loaded with ilford HP5+ or ilford FP4+ as a promotional thing.

Or you coulda done what I did that woulda been 'technically cheating' but not, take a previously used disposible camera that a customer droped off for development, pop out the cartridge to send into the lab, then realize that the camera snaps right back up, so go into a dark-box and hand-roll some Fuji Neopan 400 into the mini-canister on the other end, and put the cartridge on the right, reset the frame counter, close it up, and start shooting ( as it shoots backwards, loading it into the canster as you advance the film )

tongue lol.

Aug 16 06 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I wish I had found this one earlier:

http://www.ecamerafilms.com/product_p/cc103.htm

I could have used a flash underwater.  I just didn't have the light I needed when I had the location I wanted.  sad

Aug 16 06 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Good luck to those who submitted. Since the submissions will be posted on thebokeh.com after the winner and runners ups are announced, I would request the 5 who submitted to this contest contact me with permission to host the said images, and to provide a name/link to acompany the images. Would expect this page to be ready least a week from when lll announces the votes. Basically the winner will get the highlight at the top of the page and whatever little information the winner would like to provide and what not. The rest of you guys will get honerable mentions with the smaller version of your submission shown below the winning spot in the order they ranked. I figured since theres only 5 actual people who submitted it cant hurt to have those who didnt win least get shown as honerable mentions.

So the to-be-winner knows ahead of time, for the two rolls of medium format film, your choices are...

Kodak Ektachrome 50 Tungsten
Kodak Ektachrome 64 Daylight
Kodak Ektachrome 200 Daylight (if i can find it)
Kodak Verichrome Pan B&W
Kodak Vericolor II (120 or 220)
Kodak Ultra Color 400UC (in 220)
Kodak TriX 400
*All the kodaks except the ultracolor are from the 80s or slightly earlier.

Fuji Velvia 100F
Fuji Velvia 50
Fuji Provia 400F
Fuji Provia 100F
*All the fuji have been expired for about a year but refrigerated the whole time

And if so desired 1 roll of MF Film can be instead substituted with two bulk loaded 35mm canisters (approx 24 exposures each) with Kodak UltraTec

Here is an example of what I shot on Kodak UltraTec
https://www.karlblessing.com/shares/ultratec/varnum_v6s.jpg

Its rated at about ISO 10, I shoot it at ISO 6, and develop it in HC-110 (dil.B) for about 3 to 4 minutes at 68F/20C, its also an Orthochromatic film (not sensitive to red light, can be used under a safelight)

But I'm gona bet the winner isnt gona wana hassle with the UltraTec *Evil Grin*

Aug 16 06 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

The Suspence is unbearable!!!!
What did the judges like,
or not like,

I know what my favorites were,
everybody seemed to have some cool ones.

Aug 18 06 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Chris Macan wrote:
The Suspence is unbearable!!!!
What did the judges like,
or not like,

I know what my favorites were,
everybody seemed to have some cool ones.

Word.

Aug 18 06 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

So um... when are the results going to be announced? I know I put in my votes the night the contest closed....

Aug 20 06 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Stonekey Photography

Karl Blessing wrote:
Good luck to those who submitted. Since the submissions will be posted on thebokeh.com after the winner and runners ups are announced, I would request the 5 who submitted to this contest contact me with permission to host the said images, and to provide a name/link to acompany the images. Would expect this page to be ready least a week from when lll announces the votes. Basically the winner will get the highlight at the top of the page and whatever little information the winner would like to provide and what not. The rest of you guys will get honerable mentions with the smaller version of your submission shown below the winning spot in the order they ranked. I figured since theres only 5 actual people who submitted it cant hurt to have those who didnt win least get shown as honerable mentions.

So the to-be-winner knows ahead of time, for the two rolls of medium format film, your choices are...

Kodak Ektachrome 50 Tungsten
Kodak Ektachrome 64 Daylight
Kodak Ektachrome 200 Daylight (if i can find it)
Kodak Verichrome Pan B&W
Kodak Vericolor II (120 or 220)
Kodak Ultra Color 400UC (in 220)
Kodak TriX 400
*All the kodaks except the ultracolor are from the 80s or slightly earlier.

Fuji Velvia 100F
Fuji Velvia 50
Fuji Provia 400F
Fuji Provia 100F
*All the fuji have been expired for about a year but refrigerated the whole time

And if so desired 1 roll of MF Film can be instead substituted with two bulk loaded 35mm canisters (approx 24 exposures each) with Kodak UltraTec

Here is an example of what I shot on Kodak UltraTec
https://www.karlblessing.com/shares/ultratec/varnum_v6s.jpg

Its rated at about ISO 10, I shoot it at ISO 6, and develop it in HC-110 (dil.B) for about 3 to 4 minutes at 68F/20C, its also an Orthochromatic film (not sensitive to red light, can be used under a safelight)

But I'm gona bet the winner isnt gona wana hassle with the UltraTec *Evil Grin*

I like this picture btw...  I will credit the photographer more than the film.  Sounds like a pain to use.  Of course that sounds like fun smile

I like the hard stuff just to make it difficult on myself.

Aug 20 06 05:08 pm Link