Forums > General Industry > Danielle Riley Keough = 5'6" Dolce/Dior model!!!

Model

Savvy1007

Danielle Riley Keough (born May 29, 1989) known as Riley Keough, is the daughter of singer Lisa Marie Presley and her then husband Danny Keough. The 5' 6" (168 cm) granddaughter of Elvis Presley is currently seeking the spotlight as a model. In February 2004, she did two runway shows during Fashion Week in Milan for Italian designers Dolce & Gabbana. She is currently the muse of John Galliano and has inked a deal with the major fashion house, Dior. She is currently promoting the latest Dior fragrance, Miss Dior Cherie.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riley_Keough

Proof that being famous/relative of a super famous celebrity can substitute the usually strict female model height requirements...

Jul 21 06 06:36 pm Link

Model

Jennicide

San Francisco, California, US

yeahhh....i'm still out of the running on that one.

lol

Jul 21 06 06:39 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Actually to me shes very pretty so i don't mind so much..and a lot of ppl don't know who she is they just see her in ads

Jul 21 06 06:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cassandra-Lorien

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Shes a really sweet girl( went to the same school as me for a few months.. but back then she was just danielle none of this riley stuff..), and honestly shes got the face and body type for it, so what if she lacks a few inches, shes still got time to grow :p

Jul 21 06 06:48 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

True.
Also Devon,  daughter the Owner of the Benihana chain of resturants.

Also the daughter of Patty Hearst,  Lydia Hearst.

Also moved to general discussion.
Mhana moderator.

Jul 21 06 06:54 pm Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

Riley Keough, she's got the look.....that alone qualifies her. 2nd thing shes got going for her, is her family name recognition. Grand daughter of the King of Rock n Roll.

I think designers are starting to be more open to regular height models. Pamela Anderson isnt really that tall and she's represented a lot of clothing lines.

After all, if most designer fashions are for tall runway models, how many average woman are the size of a runway model and will actually buy the clothes? It ends up being a case of seeing clothes that look awesome, then when you go to the store, you cant find it in your size.

Hell, I'm 5'7 with really long legs and I still have problems finding clothes in my size.

Jul 21 06 06:56 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

ART OF ARIANE wrote:
Riley Keough, she's got the look.....that alone qualifies her. 2nd thing shes got going for her, is her family name recognition. Grand daughter of the King of Rock n Roll.

I think designers are starting to be more open to regular height models. Pamela Anderson isnt really that tall and she's represented a lot of clothing lines.

After all, if most designer fashions are for tall runway models, how many average woman are the size of a runway model and will actually buy the clothes? It ends up being a case of seeing clothes that look awesome, then when you go to the store, you cant find it in your size.

Hell, I'm 5'7 with really long legs and I still have problems finding clothes in my size.

I disagree with you entirely. They're more open to famous people of regular height. Same way they're more open to famous curvy women.And plus i read that she's 5'7.

Jul 21 06 07:04 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

ART OF ARIANE wrote:

I've always wondered that, too... Sure, very tall, skinny models make the clothes look better, but if the clothes look that bad when worn by "normal" women, why bother? Who's going to buy them? Why not just design things so they won't make women who aren't 5'10" and under 115lbs look like fat midgets? It is possible...

Jul 21 06 07:30 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Catriona wrote:

I've always wondered that, too... Sure, very tall, skinny models make the clothes look better, but if the clothes look that bad when worn by "normal" women, why bother? Who's going to buy them? Why not just design things so they won't make women who aren't 5'10" and under 115lbs look like fat midgets? It is possible...

Because they don't make it for you. Think about it. The designers dictate the trends, and the stores put them out. Your going to buy them and honestly, you have no other choice. Unless you intend on sewing all your own clothes, and even then the style in which you sew will be dictated by what you've seen out there. Its twistd i tell you!

Jul 21 06 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

You dont have to be 5'10 if u are special.. When u are special and have amazing beauty height is not an obstacle.

A lot of times, height is used as an excuse.. so they wont say: You are not pretty enough. If height was the ultimate rule.. there would be a lot of ugly ass lanky tall girls working.

Jul 21 06 08:13 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

Dax wrote:
You dont have to be 5'10 if u are special.. When u are special and have amazing beauty height is not an obstacle.

A lot of times, height is used as an excuse.. so they wont say: You are not pretty enough. If height was the ultimate rule.. there would be a lot of ugly ass lanky tall girls working.

"Special" almost always - and by "almost always," I mean 99.999999% of the time - means "a celebrity, or related to one." The one case everyone cites, Dean Johnson, didn't overcome her height because she's unusually beautiful, but because she caused a controversy by posing topless. There are women on this site who are amazingly, astonishingly gorgeous, but somehow, they are not supermodels. In fact, they've never been in a fashion magazine in their lives, and many are not with any kind of agency. Why? Too short. Height IS the ultimate rule, and in my opinion, there are plenty of "ugly ass lanky tall girls" working. Unfair, but that's life.

Jul 22 06 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Savvy1007 wrote:
Danielle Riley Keough (born May 29, 1989) known as Riley Keough, is the daughter of singer Lisa Marie Presley and her then husband Danny Keough. The 5' 6" (168 cm) granddaughter of Elvis Presley is currently seeking the spotlight as a model. In February 2004, she did two runway shows during Fashion Week in Milan for Italian designers Dolce & Gabbana. She is currently the muse of John Galliano and has inked a deal with the major fashion house, Dior. She is currently promoting the latest Dior fragrance, Miss Dior Cherie.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riley_Keough

Proof that being famous/relative of a super famous celebrity can substitute the usually strict female model height requirements...

Yeah or like Paris or Devon ...If you dont put them in your fashion show - Daddy mayjust by the company

Jul 22 06 07:58 am Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

I personally feel having these girls in the show makes it a joke...but i guess they only put them in the "fun" "light" shows anyway.

Jul 22 06 09:31 am Link

Photographer

dax

Catriona wrote:
"Special" almost always - and by "almost always," I mean 99.999999% of the time - means "a celebrity, or related to one." The one case everyone cites, Kate Moss, didn't overcome her height because she's unusually beautiful, but because she caused a controversy by posing topless. There are women on this site who are amazingly, astonishingly gorgeous, but somehow, they are not supermodels. In fact, they've never been in a fashion magazine in their lives, and many are not with any kind of agency. Why? Too short. Height IS the ultimate rule, and in my opinion, there are plenty of "ugly ass lanky tall girls" working. Unfair, but that's life.

Honey, you live in Oregon... so your only connection to the modeling industry is the internet, so not good.  And if model mayhem is your gauge of beauty, you need to move to NY or LA and get a dose of reality. sad

If you come to Miami, I'll go with you to agencies and show u at least 8 girls per agency who are under 5'7''.

Jul 22 06 10:49 am Link

Photographer

dax

Electra T wrote:
I personally feel having these girls in the show makes it a joke...but i guess they only put them in the "fun" "light" shows anyway.

Not at all, for the most part they take their jobs seriously.. cuz they know, that, that is the only way ppl are gonna know them for other besides their relation to the other famous person.

All fame does is that it puts your pictures in front of the owner of the agency.. without having to go thru the other steps.

Do you really think.. that D&G would spend $2million in a campain just so they can put -someone famous'- daughter or kid ?? Just to please? Sure if that person pays for all the expenses.. but then D&G run the risk of losing clientele by not putting something good...

There are a lot of kids of 'celebrities' who try modeling.. most of them dont make it. You guys just get stuck on the ones who do.

Jul 22 06 10:53 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Dax wrote:
If you come to Miami, I'll go with you to agencies and show u at least 8 girls per agency who are under 5'7''.

Really?  Fashion girls?  Do their agencies fudge on their height, or does everyone know they're shorties?

Jul 22 06 11:12 am Link

Photographer

dax

Shyly wrote:

Really?  Fashion girls?  Do their agencies fudge on their height, or does everyone know they're shorties?

Yes, I should have said 5'7'' or less. And no they dont lie about the height, is all about being gorgeous. And yes, these are girls with fashion agencies. Not commercial agencies, there u find it ALL.

Jul 22 06 11:20 am Link

Photographer

dax

Garry k wrote:
Yeah or like Paris or Devon ...If you dont put them in your fashion show - Daddy mayjust by the company

Paris did not become famous cuz of her dad, she became famous for being famous by partying. She did not become a model or anything till the past couple of yrs.. and she was famous in NYC at around 16 for hitting clubs every day.

So she made fame out of nothing. Well ok, not out of nothing, cuz the reason why she kinda got any attention was because her last name was hilton AND she was 16 and out till 5 am.

But is not like the dad paid to have her on newspapers as a party girl. =P

Jul 22 06 11:23 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Electra T wrote:

I disagree with you entirely. They're more open to famous people of regular height. Same way they're more open to famous curvy women.And plus i read that she's 5'7.

Thank you!

Well put, you just saved me a few minutes of a repetetive post.

Jul 22 06 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

ART OF ARIANE wrote:

Utilizing star power should not be confused with designers being open to regular height models.  If a no-name of the same height and look as Pamela Anderson attempted to try and represent the majority of clothing lines, she'd likely be turned away long before she saw a designer.

ART OF ARIANE wrote:

Designer fashions (especially the clothing from the shows) don't usually get to the average consumer in that form.  There's a huge difference between the pieces they make for the shows and what the produce for sale.

Jul 22 06 11:36 am Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

Dax wrote:
Honey, you live in Oregon... so your only connection to the modeling industry is the internet, so not good.  And if model mayhem is your gauge of beauty, you need to move to NY or LA and get a dose of reality. sad

1. Being incredibly condescending does you few favours.

2. I have a bit of a hunch...may I ask if most of these girls happen to be, say, not white? Being a short Asian or Latina is a little more allowable in fashion, even the high fashion mecca of Florida, than a short white girl, last I checked.

Jul 22 06 11:58 am Link

Photographer

dax

Catriona wrote:

1. Being incredibly condescending does you few favours.

2. I have a bit of a hunch...may I ask if most of these girls happen to be, say, not white? Being a short Asian or Latina is a little more allowable in fashion, even the high fashion mecca of Florida, than a short white girl, last I checked.

1. - How is that condescending? By telling you that by the fact that you DO live in Oregon, does not help you understand the reality of the industry? Is not an attack on your personally as much as a reason as to why u dont understand or agree with what im saying. Again, get out of Oregon, visit NY or visit LA and hit agencies, talk to people who work there.. and get out of the 'net dealing of modeling and u will see the world in a diff view.. that's all.

2. - Florida is actually a tourist mecca, MIAMI is actually the fourth maybe third biggest location/market in the US when it comes to Fashion. I think, there are more jobs and bigger jobs booked out of Miami any given month, than there are out of Portland any given decade, just maybe... And no, even though you are trying to say that you have to be non  white to be able to model at 5'7'' and under, no, it is a good mix between black, white and latinas ( miami is not a big market for asians at all. ) so no. Also, I think most of the models who come down to Miami to work are white. FYI - Every winter, between dec and mar tons of girls from ALL OVER the world come to Miami for season and the mix of races/cultures is huge.

You should keep on checking, cuz u are getting most things wrong. smile

Jul 22 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

dax

UdoR wrote:

Thank you!

Well put, you just saved me a few minutes of a repetetive post.

That is if they are famous for their OWN doings ?

Do you really think that... if i find Abraham Lincoln's great, great, great, great, great whatever.. she's gonna be a big hit ?? Just cuz she is related to him?

Of course, if u are talking about some A actor/actress... Of course the fact that he/she sells 200 million dollars in movie tickets a designer wants him with their clothes.. But do you HONESTLY think that ... Dolce would give Elvis Pressley's grand daughter a campaign cuz .. everyone will connect her name or face to him ?? How many ppl outside of the industry of fashion and music know who she is if u show them a picture of her ?

Blah !

Jul 22 06 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Dax wrote:

That is if they are famous for their OWN doings ?

Do you really think that... if i find Abraham Lincoln's great, great, great, great, great whatever.. she's gonna be a big hit ?? Just cuz she is related to him?

Of course, if u are talking about some A actor/actress... Of course the fact that he/she sells 200 million dollars in movie tickets a designer wants him with their clothes.. But do you HONESTLY think that ... Dolce would give Elvis Pressley's grand daughter a campaign cuz .. everyone will connect her name or face to him ?? How many ppl outside of the industry of fashion and music know who she is if u show them a picture of her ?

Blah !

I don't think that Abe's relative will have any impact, but, c'mon, contemporary famous names..., even if you don't KNOW the girl yet... but she will also have the "Riley Keough, is the daughter of singer Lisa Marie Presley" label attached to her and that's kinda enough if you are pretty to draw with the name.

Jul 22 06 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Dax wrote:

Yes, I should have said 5'7'' or less. And no they dont lie about the height, is all about being gorgeous. And yes, these are girls with fashion agencies. Not commercial agencies, there u find it ALL.

Rrrrightt... for very short runways with the first three rows of the "fashionistas" sitting on the floor! roll

Jul 22 06 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

dax

UdoR wrote:

Rrrrightt... for very short runways with the first three rows of the "fashionistas" sitting on the floor! roll

I said fashion agencies, I did not say they do fashion shows =P. They are able to do ads for contacs, tampons, etc... smile roll back at you! smile

Jul 22 06 01:37 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Dax wrote:
They are able to do ads for contacs, tampons, etc... smile

Eek, now I'm totally confused.  (Bear with me, please.)  Wouldn't that kind of work be classified as commercial, and therefore have slightly less rigid height requirements?

Jul 22 06 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Dax wrote:

I said fashion agencies, I did not say they do fashion shows =P. They are able to do ads for contacs, tampons, etc... smile roll back at you! smile

Well, unless Miami has their own interpretation for "fashion vs. commercial", you just described commercial jobs for those models... and here in NYC, they are handled by commercial agencies or by the commercial divisions of fashionagencies, IF they have such a division. No? wink

Jul 22 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

dax

UdoR wrote:
I don't think that Abe's relative will have any impact, but, c'mon, contemporary famous names..., even if you don't KNOW the girl yet... but she will also have the "Riley Keough, is the daughter of singer Lisa Marie Presley" label attached to her and that's kinda enough if you are pretty to draw with the name.

oK, so you and I agree.. that pretty much most of the civilized world knows who Elvis is... Now do you really think that the avg English or German or Portuguese person will know that Daniell IS Elvis grand daughter? Do you really think that D&G signed her up, cuz she is widely known as Elvis' grand daghter ? Remember this are not the movies, in ads very few ppl know the name of the model.. Even on big magazine editorials, everyone gets their name in 'cept the model. -If u all doubt me pick up any elle or vogue or W and look at any of the editorials, very front u have the photographer's name, and on the back, the mua, stylist, hair, location, etc..-

So no.. I still disagree.. Like I said before, name and family celeb status, all it does is, it puts your pics in front of the main person at an agency.. it does nto pay the the bills it does not make u a star.. if not, how come sean lennon doesnt have millions of records sold ? And only has what 3 records out ? How many sons of bob marley have had the same success as his dad ( he has at least 22 kids ) ? How come elvis daughter did not get half the sales of her dad when she sang?

smile

Jul 22 06 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Several misconceptions here.

1.  Other than swimwear, Miami has little in the way of a runway market for models.  Miami Fashion Week isn't on anyone's must-do calendar.  Swimwear models can be shorter - the "sample size" still fits just fine.

2.  Fashion shows aren't about consumers, they are about editors and buyers.  Name = buzz.  It doesn't matter if a person is a household name; it does matter if the fashion elite know the name and the association.

3.  Miami is a substantial "fashion" market, but it is much more "commercial fashion" than "editorial".  The rules are a little different for "commercial fashion".

Jul 22 06 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dax wrote:
I said fashion agencies, I did not say they do fashion shows =P. They are able to do ads for contacs, tampons, etc... :) roll back at you! smile

"Fashion" must have been redefined while I was asleep last night.

Jul 22 06 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

dax

TXPhotog wrote:
Several misconceptions here.

1.  Other than swimwear, Miami has little in the way of a runway market for models.  Miami Fashion Week isn't on anyone's must-do calendar.

Seriously.. what other besides NEW YORK fashion week... is on anyone's must do calendar .. in the United States? Really.. if u put it that way, the only market that matter IS NY.

Jul 22 06 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dax wrote:
Seriously.. what other besides NEW YORK fashion week... is on anyone's must do calendar .. in the United States? Really.. if u put it that way, the only market that matter IS NY.

Have you heard of Los Angeles?

Jul 22 06 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

dax

TXPhotog wrote:

"Fashion" must have been redefined while I was asleep last night.

Fashion is still fashion whether u are sleeping or awake.. or whether you live in TX or in LA or AK .... Im talking about fashion agencies.. ( karin's - elite - mega - ford - im ) etc..

Jul 22 06 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

dax

TXPhotog wrote:

Yes, and LA fashion week is a joke.. c'mon !

Jul 22 06 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dax wrote:
Fashion is still fashion whether u are sleeping or awake.. or whether you live in TX or in LA or AK .... Im talking about fashion agencies.. ( karin's - elite - mega - ford - im ) etc..

No, that's not quite right.  "Fashion agencies" in NYC are very different from "fashion agencies" in Miami, and the kinds of work they do is, on average, very different.  While the same words can be used to describe them, that fact masks the huge differences between them.

Please re-read the section that I quoted from you.  Those are not "fashion" jobs, they are commercial print jobs.  It's just that there are few or no NYC-style commercial print agencies in Miami to support them, so agencies that like to think of themselves as "fashion" do that kind of work.

Commercial print agencies (no matter what they call themselves) take a very different kind of model than true fashion agencies - as Udo suggested.

Jul 22 06 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dax wrote:

Funny, the people in NYC don't agree - and neither do the NYC agencies that send models to it.

But you don't see a lot of Miami models there . . . so I can understand your misapprehension.

Jul 22 06 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Dax wrote:

Roger;

Dax has a point, although LA is kinda one of the more important shows.

A designer friend of mine whose publicist screwed up and she couldn't be in the tents at OFW, considered doing LA instead... we went over the price list...

OMG... the total cost for the show on THEIR primetime 8pm in the largest venue they had, including the chairs, runway and lighting... was around $8,000...

That showed some difference in importance... and you know yourself what the prices for Bryant Park are and even the off site locations, unless it's a really small show, for a small designer... even then...

Jul 22 06 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

There's no question that NY Fashion Week is far ahead of LA's, in terms of attendance, influence and cost.  But LA's is still serious business, and is supported by the elite editors, buyers and agencies in the industry.  To call it "a joke" and dismiss it as being insignificant is to misunderstand the place it has taken.

Even so, that misses the point, which is that [/b]Miami[/b] does not have anything like that kind of status, or market.  Los Angeles is just a red herring in this conversation.

Jul 22 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

dax

TXPhotog wrote:

No, that's not quite right.  "Fashion agencies" in NYC are very different from "fashion agencies" in Miami, and the kinds of work they do is, on average, very different.  While the same words can be used to describe them, that fact masks the huge differences between them.

Please re-read the section that I quoted from you.  Those are not "fashion" jobs, they are commercial print jobs.  It's just that there are few or no NYC-style commercial print agencies in Miami to support them, so agencies that like to think of themselves as "fashion" do that kind of work.

Commercial print agencies (no matter what they call themselves) take a very different kind of model than true fashion agencies - as Udo suggested.

I agree with you..

But you should check out modelwire and look at the girls that fashion agencies down here have.. u can tell is a mix of both with true fashion girls, very few fashion editorial and yes, a few commercial fashion.

Jul 22 06 02:02 pm Link