Forums > General Industry > Danielle Riley Keough = 5'6" Dolce/Dior model!!!

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

TXPhotog wrote:
There's no question that NY Fashion Week is far ahead of LA's, in terms of attendance, influence and cost.  But LA's is still serious business, and is supported by the elite editors, buyers and agencies in the industry.  To call it "a joke" and dismiss it as being insignificant is to misunderstand the place it has taken.

True... of course!

Jul 22 06 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

TXPhotog wrote:
There's no question that NY Fashion Week is far ahead of LA's, in terms of attendance, influence and cost.  But LA's is still serious business, and is supported by the elite editors, buyers and agencies in the industry.  To call it "a joke" and dismiss it as being insignificant is to misunderstand the place it has taken.

Based on girls who have done NY and LA before... those were their exact words.. LA is a joke.. How often do you hear " LA fashion week " I really doubt they are far ahead of Miami when it comes to fashion week, they are both very weak.

Funny how it went from how come a girl who's grandaddy was elvis can be on an add for dior or D&G to fashion weeks lol.

Jul 22 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Aiyoonee

Gilberts, Illinois, US

Proof that being famous/relative of a super famous celebrity can substitute the usually strict female model height requirements...

True, but she's signed to IMG's celebrity division, and they aren't really concerned with stats there. I mean, they've got Drew Barrymore, Misha Barton...etc
At least Riley has a great look...In my opinion, she's the one who actually deserves it.

Jul 22 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Shyly wrote:

Eek, now I'm totally confused.  (Bear with me, please.)  Wouldn't that kind of work be classified as commercial, and therefore have slightly less rigid height requirements?

Yes, what i tried to say was that.. a girl can be 5'7'' and can still be signed with an agency like elite.. even if they are a fashion agency.

Jul 22 06 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dax wrote:
I agree with you..

But you should check out modelwire and look at the girls that fashion agencies down here have.. u can tell is a mix of both with true fashion girls, very few fashion editorial and yes, a few commercial fashion.

I'm aware of that.  But you left out something:  commercial print, which is not fashion at all.  You listed two kinds of such jobs - and there is a reason for it.

When an agency does a substantial amount of commercial print work, it takes on commercial print models.  The fact that it calls itself a "fashion agency" is a marketing device.  Commercial print clients will hire from fashion agencies; fashion clients generally don't like to hire from commercial print agencies.

So the terminology misstates the real business of the agency.  That's fine for marketing, but not fine for the purposes of a model trying to understand the nature of the industry.  The Miami agencies are not true "fashion agencies" (and certainly not "editorial fashion agencies" - they are "hybrid" agencies under a different name.)

Jul 22 06 02:07 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Dax, your point is well taken. You know your stuff and those who GET IT won't argue with you.

Give it a rest and come back to bed

tongue

Jul 22 06 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

dax

TXPhotog wrote:

Funny, the people in NYC don't agree - and neither do the NYC agencies that send models to it.

But you don't see a lot of Miami models there . . . so I can understand your misapprehension.

That is because there are not a lot of "Miami" models.. Most girls come down here for season ( as i said earlier ) and are usually signed with agencies in NY and Europe. smile

Jul 22 06 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Nerlande wrote:
Dax, your point is well taken. You know your stuff and those who GET IT won't argue with you.

Give it a rest and come back to bed

tongue

You just know how to get my microwave oven going !!

Jul 22 06 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Miami Glamour

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Amazing!  I love the internet. Where else can you find people pontificating on subjects they have no knowledge of or experience in?

Years ago I was assigned to photograph a team of surgeons doing open heart surgery. I stood right next to the head surgeon while he stuck his hands in a guy's open chest and worked on his beating heart. I was there and looked right over his shoulder and took pictures! 

But that doesn't make ME a heart surgeon and I'm certainly not qualified to advise someone on how to choose a heart surgeon.

Same for this subject...just because someone once took a few pictures over the shoulder of another fashion photographer....it doesn't make them a photographer. And it certainly doesn't qualify them as an expert on Miami's fashion industry!

Yes there are short girls working as models....but they are the exception rather than the rule. Lisa Marie's daughter would probably get modeling work even if she was 5 foot nothing...not because of her height but because she's the granddaughter of "The King"!  As a matter of fact one the first things they do at many agencies is stand a new girl against the wall and measure them. And if you aren't at least 5'9" or 5'10" you don't get any further than that!

For someone to infer that short girls are welcome at agencies anywhere is simply showing ignorance. That's like saying that short players are the norm in the NBA just because Muggsy bogues played ball and he was only 5'3" tall!

Bottom line is there are some people who simply don't know what they are talking about...if you'd like more detail just send a private message and I'll fill you in.

Jul 23 06 12:46 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

I'm not famous sad

Jul 23 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Savvy1007 wrote:
Danielle Riley Keough (born May 29, 1989) known as Riley Keough, is the daughter of singer Lisa Marie Presley and her then husband Danny Keough. The 5' 6" (168 cm) granddaughter of Elvis Presley is currently seeking the spotlight as a model. In February 2004, she did two runway shows during Fashion Week in Milan for Italian designers Dolce & Gabbana. She is currently the muse of John Galliano and has inked a deal with the major fashion house, Dior. She is currently promoting the latest Dior fragrance, Miss Dior Cherie.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riley_Keough

Proof that being famous/relative of a super famous celebrity can substitute the usually strict female model height requirements...

Yes, I think she's beautiful...but I agree, had she not come from a family of celebrity, she wouldn't be given the time of day by Dior or D&G at 5'6...just my opinion. 

She's lacking a bit of neck.

Jul 23 06 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Dax wrote:
You dont have to be 5'10 if u are special.. When u are special and have amazing beauty height is not an obstacle.

A lot of times, height is used as an excuse.. so they wont say: You are not pretty enough. If height was the ultimate rule.. there would be a lot of ugly ass lanky tall girls working.

I see alot of ugly ass lanky tall girls working...but that is without the makeup.

Jul 23 06 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

dax

smile

Jul 23 06 09:05 pm Link